Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Milan closing on deal for teenage star Viudez
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
jefri91
MONTEVIDEO, July 29 (Apertura) - Defensor Sporting's teenage midfielder Tabare Viudez appears on the verge of a move to Italian outfit AC Milan.

Viudez, who has been playing for the Uruguayan champions' senior team for one year, will fly to Italy on Wednesday afternoon for a medical.

The Fonseca Group, who have the rights of the player, led the negotiations to transfer Viudez to the San Siro for the upcoming Serie A season.

'This is an enormous step for both the player and the club,' said Defensor Sporting president Fernando Sobral.

The Montevideo-born player, nicknamed 'Chaio', is relishing the new chapter in his career.

'I cannot believe it. It's a terrific jump up in my career,' he said.

'I must confess I have mixed feelings - nervousness and joy. This is a big step forward for me.'

Viudez scored six goals in the 2007-08 season in his homeland.
ESPN

The president of his club in another site said its 90% chance of him going.
jefri91
anyone can confirm if this is true?
Tennie
Nothing official, Jefri. The Italian press is all using the same base story (which originates in Uruguay) for their reports. Mediaset is saying that there may be TWO young midfielders brought over, not just one.

There's nothing official on acmilan.com, however.
acid911
Well, news has been trickling about this for a few days. unsure.gif If there wasn't something going on, I'd have half expected Galliani to issue a negating statement. Of course, time will tell what's cooking under the hood. Till then we wait, I suppose.
kurtsimonw
The reports must come from somewhere, even if it's as little as us just having scouts watching games and they're jumping to a conclusion on who we're watching. But it's good to know were still looking rather than just calling it quits on this window.
armiss
it seems that they are filling their non eu players with these 2 ( Tabarè Viudez , Mathias Cardaccio ) and then loaning them out on foriegn countries , mediasat also report that Fonseca who made this transfer met Galliani in Via turati today !
Zed.D
Instead of these two we should buy 1 good defender. what happened to Zapata?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 30 2008, 09:21 PM) *

Did the club ever bring up his name in the past ?! unsure.gif

I think it is just the forum fantacalcio biggrin.gif
jefri91
on wikipedia it says we already have Mathias Cardaccio on loan to us tongue.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 30 2008, 06:21 PM) *

Forget Zapata, i will only accept an Italian defender such as Canini or Santacroce or buy a stopgap solution and wait for Brusigan, Alberatizzi and Darmian to mature

The whole news about the SA teenagers has been really low key and surprising. I suspect Braida or Leanordo will have had something to have done with this
Bluesummers
link

it looks like we signed both on 4 year deals. And cardaccio will play with us as cover for mid and viudez might be loaned out or play for primevera and work his way up.
I_Rossoneri
All of a sudden our mercato is looking very good indeed, I hope these two players turn out to be top quality players who can have a great future with us. I'm glad we seem to be buying for the future cool.gif
Tennie
And building for it too -- the primavera/berretti signings have been significant. There're some good young players coming up through the ranks.
gal_kenny
Very True...I haven't seen them play..I hope they live up to expectation just as Pato did..But we shouldn't have sold Abate to Torino on a co-ownership deal...Ancelotti doesn't give youngsters opportunity..In that aspect i like Arsene Wenger...We shouldn't be buying and loaning..The youngers need to grow in the team..I believe some more players would leave Milan next season leaving it for the youngsters to grow..Players like Emerson, Brocchi, Favalli should find their way out...
dst
This is very good news indeed. Building for the future is something that should have started a bit earlier but still... good news! smile.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2008, 11:56 PM) *
This is very good news indeed. Building for the future is something that should have started a bit earlier but still... good news! smile.gif

Do you expect anything from these two signings?
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 31 2008, 08:31 PM) *

comon man have a liiter hope atleast
acid911
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 1 2008, 12:53 AM) *
comon man have a liiter hope atleast

As long as we do make the signings, only then can hope take over. wink.gif I still haven't heard anything solid about these two.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jul 31 2008, 12:11 PM) *
Very True...I haven't seen them play..I hope they live up to expectation just as Pato did..But we shouldn't have sold Abate to Torino on a co-ownership deal...Ancelotti doesn't give youngsters opportunity..In that aspect i like Arsene Wenger...We shouldn't be buying and loaning..The youngers need to grow in the team..I believe some more players would leave Milan next season leaving it for the youngsters to grow..Players like Emerson, Brocchi, Favalli should find their way out...

where do you think the money came from for these two transfers tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 31 2008, 10:31 PM) *

Why shouldn't I?
han2503
Viudez
Rossoneri7
I dont understand ... This is something alien to me huh.gif

When, what, where, how !? unsure.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 1 2008, 03:45 AM) *
I dont understand ... This is something alien to me
When, what, where, how !?

Don't worry Uruguayans are aliens for me too. biggrin.gif Nothing to worry about.
Jako19
Im kinda expection somthing. No pato, but I think atleast 1 will be a supriz
Rossoneri7
laugh.gif
MizNelson
Never heard of him, but I guess Milan know something we don't.
Fillipo Simone
This actually is great news!! I was surprised to see some youngster-signings have been made. I'm not sure who the uruguay-guys are but, that doesn't matter.

Btw. who was the last Uruguaian player at Milan (beside Garcia)?
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 5 2008, 09:32 PM) *
This actually is great news!! I was surprised to see some youngster-signings have been made. I'm not sure who the uruguay-guys are but, that doesn't matter.
Btw. who was the last Uruguaian player at Milan (beside Garcia)?

They are good, from what I've heard. wink.gif All in all good news.

And oh, there have only been two noteworthy Uruguayans in Milan in the past, with one of them being of an Italian descent. Hector Puricelli and Juan Alberto Schiaffino. They were very, very good, if not spectacular players. cool.gif Here are their Wikipedia links:

Hector Puricelli
Juan Alberto Schiaffino
Giancarlo
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 5 2008, 04:48 PM) *

And oh, there have only been two noteworthy Uruguayans in Milan in the past, with one of them being of an Italian descent. Hector Puricelli and Juan Alberto Schiaffino. They were very, very good, if not spectacular players. cool.gif Here are their Wikipedia links:

Hector Puricelli
Juan Alberto Schiaffino

Wow it's been a while since we've had a Uruguayo play for us... this will be great. I dont' know about Viudez... but I hear Cardacio is great... I saw him in the Copa Libertadores I think it was.

Say what kind of midfielder is Viudez? Attacking midfielder?
vnata001
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 5 2008, 04:45 PM) *
Wow it's been a while since we've had a Uruguayo play for us... this will be great. I dont' know about Viudez... but I hear Cardacio is great... I saw him in the Copa Libertadores I think it was.

Say what kind of midfielder is Viudez? Attacking midfielder?

Viudez is an attacking mid. He seems pint size though, in the messi/aguero mold.

ps - giancarlo, are you the same giancarlo that posts pro-milan comments and bashes all milan haters on goal.com articles?
Giancarlo
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Aug 6 2008, 04:34 AM) *
Viudez is an attacking mid. He seems pint size though, in the messi/aguero mold.

ps - giancarlo, are you the same giancarlo that posts pro-milan comments and bashes all milan haters on goal.com articles?

Well people said Giovinco was pint sized and often too small but one hell of a player (I don't like Juve one bit, but I give him that...)... you know, I've said this before... but I think Viudez will reduce strain on Kaka even further... I think Milan has taken appropriate steps to protect Kaka more. Viudez + Ronaldinho, Viudez + Kaka... we usually have two attacking midfielders (Kaka + Seedorf was traditional) and the amount of tackles and fouls on Kaka was rather astounding this last season. I'm glad that Milan bought Viudez. I also think Seedorf may be moved back to central midfielder (I hope he does not complain about that)...

Yep, that's me. I go through that website, and I often make comments... the people on there are hilarious and such haters.
acid911
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 6 2008, 08:39 AM) *
Yep, that's me. I go through that website, and I often make comments... the people on there are hilarious and such haters.

You can say that again. sad.gif Guys there literally hate Milan. Or Italian football for that matter.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 5 2008, 06:48 PM) *

Hector Puricelli
Juan Alberto Schiaffino

I know both players...and they are Milans finest. Also I remember the brief period when Washington Tabarez was our coach. But that's it when it comes to Uruguayans.

But bringing two young players to the team was so unexpected, I still can't belive. I hope everything goes right and they stay in the senior team. We need such surprise effect players..
Giancarlo
I like good surprises and these two are very talented promising young talents... and I can imagine Brocchi and Emerson aren't too happy right now.... can you imagine we got Viudez and Cardacio for around 4.5 million Euros? That's far cheaper than what we would find in Europe...

It also deflects that notion that we only buy veteran 34-36 year old players... I've seen so much criticism by people who say we are "a retirement home" and nonsense like that. I hate bringing up the example, but Arsene Wenger has an ability to get young talent like this and form it (though he's not that good to keep a team together in the long term)...
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 6 2008, 11:17 AM) *
But bringing two young players to the team was so unexpected, I still can't belive. I hope everything goes right and they stay in the senior team. We need such surprise effect players..

Hopefully. smile.gif We also need a good doze of youth in our team, and there has never been a better time for youngsters.

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 6 2008, 11:26 AM) *
I like good surprises and these two are very talented promising young talents... and I can imagine Brocchi and Emerson aren't too happy right now....

Well they have never been too happy, anyway. Particularly Brocchi. dry.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 5 2008, 10:57 PM) *
You can say that again. sad.gif Guys there literally hate Milan. Or Italian football for that matter.

I've tried posting comments over there, but about 80% of what I submit never gets posted, and it's become a haven for spammers.

Anyway, is Uruguay the new black for us all of a sudden?
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 6 2008, 01:53 PM) *
Anyway, is Uruguay the new black for us all of a sudden?

Wouldn't doubt it. smile.gif Seeing as Brazil is the new white (Kaka, Pato). Either way I'd want the best possible players, irrespective of where we get them: even Mongolia.
Habitant
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 6 2008, 04:39 AM) *
Well people said Giovinco was pint sized and often too small but one hell of a player (I don't like Juve one bit, but I give him that...)... you know, I've said this before... but I think Viudez will reduce strain on Kaka even further... I think Milan has taken appropriate steps to protect Kaka more. Viudez + Ronaldinho, Viudez + Kaka... we usually have two attacking midfielders (Kaka + Seedorf was traditional) and the amount of tackles and fouls on Kaka was rather astounding this last season. I'm glad that Milan bought Viudez. I also think Seedorf may be moved back to central midfielder (I hope he does not complain about that)...

i used to post there too and youtube along with other media outlets but i gave up on it. theres just too too many ignorant people who post, and get me all worked up, especially around WC time when italy won and milan won the CL.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 7 2008, 06:07 PM) *
i used to post there too and youtube along with other media outlets but i gave up on it. theres just too too many ignorant people who post, and get me all worked up, especially around WC time when italy won and milan won the CL.

Yes we were always cheaters according to these people... and boy they got even more angry when England fell out of the Euro Cup qualifying rounds...

I'm pretty much over arguing with it. It doesn't accomplish anything really... they aren't civil and mature.
vnata001
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 7 2008, 10:25 AM) *
Yes we were always cheaters according to these people... and boy they got even more angry when England fell out of the Euro Cup qualifying rounds...

I'm pretty much over arguing with it. It doesn't accomplish anything really... they aren't civil and mature.

yeah i gotta say though, well done defending the honor. You're always speaking the truth on goal.com. I actually remember this one time this clown named "mattaldinho" was ripping milan saying that ka-pa-ro was gonna suck and you were trying your best to tell this clown off and i actually commented after you and helped you out a little bit and nobody posted after that. haha. as soon as i saw giancarlo posting the other day i instantly figured it was you...welcome to MF!

i can say that this forum is full of pretty intelligent and nice people, unlike all those useless ****-talkers on goal and tribal. and we're all milanistas..haha, this is kinda my home on the internet aside from the all time guilty pleasure, facebook...

arite that's more than enough with the confessions... dry.gif

The fish doll is disappointed. Naughty word removed.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Aug 8 2008, 03:21 AM) *
yeah i gotta say though, well done defending the honor. You're always speaking the truth on goal.com. I actually remember this one time this clown named "mattaldinho" was ripping milan saying that ka-pa-ro was gonna suck and you were trying your best to tell this clown off and i actually commented after you and helped you out a little bit and nobody posted after that. haha. as soon as i saw giancarlo posting the other day i instantly figured it was you...welcome to MF!

i can say that this forum is full of pretty intelligent and nice people, unlike all those useless ****-talkers on goal and tribal. and we're all milanistas..haha, this is kinda my home on the internet aside from the all time guilty pleasure, facebook...

arite that's more than enough with the confessions... dry.gif

Well they're all usually one or the other. I'm the only person who's all three. dst is option D: None of the above.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 8 2008, 06:48 AM) *
Well they're all usually one or the other. I'm the only person who's all three. dst is option D: None of the above.

biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.