Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ronaldinho Feeling Reborn At Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
jefri91
Ronaldinho Feeling Reborn At Milan

Brazilian megastar Ronaldinho says that his blockbuster move to AC Milan has already given his career a big boost.

The former European and World Footballer of the Year completed his long drawn-out transfer to the Rossoneri from Barcelona last week, putting behind him the worst 12 months of his career as he missed large chunks of the campaign due to injury and poor form.

“I am becoming reborn with Milan,” Ronaldinho told Gazzetta dello Sport with his trademark toothy grin, while speaking from Brazil’s Olympic training camp in Singapore.

“I am improving day by day. I thank Carlo Ancelotti and the club for having authorised me to come to the Olympics, as it will be an excellent way of preparing for the Italian season.

“I am working hard, following a personal fitness programme with a specific diet and I think I’m close to 100 per cent now,” he added.

“On August 7, when we make our Olympic debut, I will be in ideal shape," added Ronaldinho, who travels to the games in Beijing as one of the Selecao’s three over age players.

“Brazil might want me to play as a striker next to Pato, which is absolutely no problem for me, as I have already played in that role.

“If Ancelotti asks me to play there too, I am ready. Whether it is midfield or attack, I will give my all.”

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

misha
Nice to hear that. Hope we'll see the 'old' Ronaldinho this sesaon
agenth
i like the other C4 article better smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (agenth @ Jul 26 2008, 05:29 PM) *
i like the other C4 article better

Huh? Which one?

Anyway, it's great to see R80 getting his mojo back. We needed that. Now to see whether he lives it up, once the season starts. Best of luck to our Brazilian trident. sleepysmiley03.gif
agenth
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 26 2008, 02:59 PM) *
Huh? Which one?

Anyway, it's great to see R80 getting his mojo back. We needed that. Now to see whether he lives it up, once the season starts. Best of luck to our Brazilian trident. sleepysmiley03.gif

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul22p.html

#i just read it today, but now i see its already written on the 22nd, sorry.
Bluesummers
thats nice to hear. Forza R80
Gilinho
Yesterday I saw an "original" signed Ronaldinho jersey on ebay.it
Maybe someone of you is interested in this information...

I really think its original - but I am not sure...
What do you think... huh.gif
kurtsimonw
Wonderful.

But this isn't Barca here Ronnie, you are NOT the star, you NEED to pass the ball more!
LaPalma
I'm not a fan of this "What a wonderful world" talk. He can still praise Milan in the end of the season. This one game doesn't convince me at all, though he looked promising.
acid911
You never know, maybe he is. smile.gif Even Ronaldo did. Getting out from playing in a money-whore club like Real and Barca and coming into the family atmosphere in Milan can do things to these players' brains. Sure it may seem a bit corny, but I know he means it from the heart.

Besides if we don't win the league this year and finish fifth, Ronaldinho would look fairly stupid giving out a comment like this. laugh.gif Don't you think?
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 1 2008, 05:50 PM) *
I'm not a fan of this "What a wonderful world" talk. He can still praise Milan in the end of the season. This one game doesn't convince me at all, though he looked promising.

dry.gif

acid911
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Lol, captain! Prepare the light sabers.
LaPalma
I don't take orders from ugly people like Mr.Vader. Perhaps Keira Knightley would be more suitable, I'm sure she can be very...persuasive.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 1 2008, 07:44 AM) *
I don't take orders from ugly people like Mr.Vader. Perhaps Keira Knightley would be more suitable, I'm sure she can be very...persuasive.

i know eh dozer droolsmiley.gif , very persuasive. Shes a real good'er.
Jack Sparrow
You Bluey...to paraphrase what used to be your catchphrase..STFU...hands off Keira...that was a cute enough girl with you in the avtar pic you had before.

dry.gif If wishes were horses, Ferraris would be made in Germany.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 2 2008, 09:48 AM) *
dry.gif If wishes were horses, Ferraris would be made in Germany.

I'm sure they would give Schumi a license to build some cool.gif
Habitant
Speaking to The Guardian today, Al-Fahim revealed that he is serious about helping City to become the biggest football club in the world and plans to prove it with a bid for Ronaldo in January.

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," he stated.

laugh.gif i love this guy, he seems pretty damn serious, i love the ambition cool.gif
Habitant
oops posted in the wrong thread.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Habitant @ Sep 3 2008, 12:27 AM) *
Speaking to The Guardian today, Al-Fahim revealed that he is serious about helping City to become the biggest football club in the world and plans to prove it with a bid for Ronaldo in January.

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," he stated.

laugh.gif i love this guy, he seems pretty damn serious, i love the ambition cool.gif

I hate people like him.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Habitant @ Sep 2 2008, 11:27 PM) *

The press are speculating that he may make a move for Kaka laugh.gif

The silly season has started biggrin.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 3 2008, 10:50 AM) *
I hate people like him.

I agree entirely wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Well...as long as they stay clear of Milan..I don't care what circus he pulls. biggrin.gif It's really nice to see the big 4 meet up with someone who can take them on their own terms. I'm really happy with this deal. The hegemony is finally broken. Though now Arsenal and Liverpool are really up against it.
Giancarlo
This is all some big joke with me. These new Man City owners could get in major trouble if they keep talking the way they do. I'm thinking point deduction and fines.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 4 2008, 04:55 PM) *
This is all some big joke with me. These new Man City owners could get in major trouble if they keep talking the way they do. I'm thinking point deduction and fines.

Fines won't hurt them.

I say hit them where it would really hurt. You want to talk illegaly about transfers? Well, no transfers for 12 months then.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 4 2008, 07:48 PM) *
Fines won't hurt them.

I say hit them where it would really hurt. You want to talk illegaly about transfers? Well, no transfers for 12 months then.

My question is... is what they are saying illegal?

I really would want to see them slapped with a punishment like that one.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 4 2008, 08:50 PM) *
My question is... is what they are saying illegal?

I really would want to see them slapped with a punishment like that one.

Yes, it is. In this country you aren't allowed to mention the name of a player when talking about transfers UNLESS you've had permission from their club to talk to them about a move. It's a form of tapping up. Teams use it as a why of getting players on the cheap.

I just don't see it happening though, I believe Chelsea got a £5m fine for their Ashley Cole thing, so City would be similar to that. sad.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 4 2008, 09:25 PM) *
Yes, it is. In this country you aren't allowed to mention the name of a player when talking about transfers UNLESS you've had permission from their club to talk to them about a move. It's a form of tapping up. Teams use it as a why of getting players on the cheap.

I just don't see it happening though, I believe Chelsea got a £5m fine for their Ashley Cole thing, so City would be similar to that. sad.gif

Well Dr Sulaiman (is that his name?) mentioned quite a few players by name... and he even mentioned he wanted Cristiano Ronaldo... and mentioned a price...

This guy is really blatant.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 4 2008, 09:46 PM) *
Well Dr Sulaiman (is that his name?) mentioned quite a few players by name... and he even mentioned he wanted Cristiano Ronaldo... and mentioned a price...

This guy is really blatant.

"A milder form of "tapping up" involves a manager's letting his admiration for a player at another club become known, perhaps by hinting at his interest while working as a pundit during the broadcast of a game in which the player is taking part."

That's an example of tapping up according to wiki. But he's being even more blatant than that, he's not just hinting. As you said, he's literally just naming players with complete disregard for the rules. dry.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 3 2008, 11:52 PM) *
Well...as long as they stay clear of Milan..I don't care what circus he pulls. biggrin.gif It's really nice to see the big 4 meet up with someone who can take them on their own terms. I'm really happy with this deal. The hegemony is finally broken. Though now Arsenal and Liverpool are really up against it.

ditto, actually i'm kinda enjoying them go for it.
Habitant
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 3 2008, 10:50 AM) *
I hate people like him.

come one, he's basically taking a shot at man u. finally someone to match their arrogance in the prem.
Giancarlo
The problem is not whether he wants Man City to be competitive, but the fact is what he is saying about buying specific players... that's against the rules... I'll wait and see the stories about Man City being punished with a season long transfer ban.
Rossoneri7
Highly unlikely ... When Abramovic's Chelsea was being formed, it was a lot similar. And who will fine them ? The FA ? FIFA ? UEFA ? Please ...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 4 2008, 03:51 PM) *
The problem is not whether he wants Man City to be competitive, but the fact is what he is saying about buying specific players... that's against the rules... I'll wait and see the stories about Man City being punished with a season long transfer ban.

Abra did the same thing and nothing happened. I doubt anyone will say anything to him. He is afterall bringing media and more attention to the epl, why would they want to stop that? Fifa rarely acts unless its a serious situation and they take a long long time to act.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 4 2008, 04:24 PM) *
Highly unlikely ... When Abramovic's Chelsea was being formed, it was a lot similar. And who will fine them ? The FA ? FIFA ? UEFA ? Please ...

right on, exactly.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 5 2008, 01:04 AM) *
Abra did the same thing and nothing happened. I doubt anyone will say anything to him. He is afterall bringing media and more attention to the epl, why would they want to stop that? Fifa rarely acts unless its a serious situation and they take a long long time to act.

Chelsea got slapped with a 5 million fine for the Ashley Cole thing if that is what you're talking about. And it was nothing compared to what this guy has been saying. He's violating rules. He's completely violating rules. This won't be FIFA, but the authorities in England. The Premier League could prevent Man City from acquiring players for a year.

Chelsea and Abra DID GET PUNISHED. But that was a case of moderate "tapping up". With regards to Dr. Sulaiman it was really BLATANT. Don't say nothing will happen.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 4 2008, 07:08 PM) *
Chelsea got slapped with a 5 million fine for the Ashley Cole thing if that is what you're talking about. And it was nothing compared to what this guy has been saying. He's violating rules. He's completely violating rules. This won't be FIFA, but the authorities in England. The Premier League could prevent Man City from acquiring players for a year.

Chelsea and Abra DID GET PUNISHED. But that was a case of moderate "tapping up". With regards to Dr. Sulaiman it was really BLATANT. Don't say nothing will happen.

he hasn't talked to the players or done anything that any new owner getting in wouldn't do. Instead of saying we will be buliding an amazing team and trying our best to aquire the world's best talent; he's saying i want ronaldo, kaka, buffon, ronaldinho etc etc...

I doubt anyone will take him serious on any claims unless he has people meeting agents which hasn't been mentioned yet.

He's just doing as many would do in his position. Hype the club's season up and sell more merch and tickets. He is a business man afterall.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 5 2008, 02:24 AM) *
he hasn't talked to the players or done anything that any new owner getting in wouldn't do. Instead of saying we will be buliding an amazing team and trying our best to aquire the world's best talent; he's saying i want ronaldo, kaka, buffon, ronaldinho etc etc...

I doubt anyone will take him serious on any claims unless he has people meeting agents which hasn't been mentioned yet.

He's just doing as many would do in his position. Hype the club's season up and sell more merch and tickets. He is a business man afterall.

What he said is blatantly illegal. It's called baiting basically... and ask Kurt... he knows more about this than I do regarding rules in his country.

I think there will be serious punishment taken, at least I hope so. Even mentioning other players joining and naming a price is wrong... and actually it's quite blatant too. You can't go around naming players you want because that's against the rules.

I wouldn't do what he is doing, nor would most managers. They aren't that dumb to say what he has said. He is a business man, but not a very smart one.
Tennie
I really doubt anything much will be done. It'd be bad for business and (sorry Kurt, I don't include Villa in this as I think Randy Lerner is a class owner) much of the EPL seems all about the money.
CrazyMilanFan
the only thing fifa should do is that use that 6 plus 5 rule asap that only seems to be the rite method by which the trasfer thing can be reduced when u have to play 6 from ur youth team
Giancarlo
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 5 2008, 04:52 AM) *
the only thing fifa should do is that use that 6 plus 5 rule asap that only seems to be the rite method by which the trasfer thing can be reduced when u have to play 6 from ur youth team

In other words, a cap on foreign players? That actually seems appropriate (though man... merda would be in huge trouble if that were to happen).
Jack Sparrow
I don't think it would happen. The EPL would be in havoc if that happened. And very few top clubs like Bayern,Milan, Barca and maybe Man U could survive that kind of rule. All the rest have too much of a majority of foreigners.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 5 2008, 05:16 AM) *
I don't think it would happen. The EPL would be in havoc if that happened. And very few top clubs like Bayern,Milan, Barca and maybe Man U could survive that kind of rule. All the rest have too much of a majority of foreigners.

Then... I hope it happens. The real quality clubs would certainly survive.

Just imagine what would happen to Inter? LOL!!!
Jack Sparrow
Inter would find a way. They'd let go of all their foreign imports, and buy in Italians. They might take a small hit financially, but won't make a huge difference.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 5 2008, 12:42 PM) *
inter would find a way.

Corrected. wink.gif Better brush up on your grammar and punctuation, Captain.
morgoth
What about R10 and Milan guys?! ph34r.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Habitant @ Sep 4 2008, 11:48 PM) *
come one, he's basically taking a shot at man u. finally someone to match their arrogance in the prem.

ManU derve to be arrogant. Just like Milan, Real or Barca do. They always managed to have a team aiming at the top in the last decades. Man City has nothing. There is something called tradition.

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 5 2008, 03:08 AM) *

I agree. Someones gotta show this guy that he can't behave like an elephant in a porcelain store.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 5 2008, 03:47 AM) *
I really doubt anything much will be done. It'd be bad for business and (sorry Kurt, I don't include Villa in this as I think Randy Lerner is a class owner) much of the EPL seems all about the money.

True. But todays football is, sadly, all about money. Everywhere in Europe.

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 5 2008, 06:31 AM) *
In other words, a cap on foreign players? That actually seems appropriate (though man... merda would be in huge trouble if that were to happen).

I'm not a fan of this tbh. Besides that there's no chance for it to become reality. EU law says that a EU citizen can work in any other EU country without any further preconditions.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 5 2008, 02:24 AM) *

That is illegal, and it's something bigger teams use to try and get players on the cheap. For example:

United: "We want a striker, Louis Saha owould be nice."
Fulham: "Why are they talking about Saha, they haven't even made an offer for him!"
Saha: "United want me? I'm outta here, accept their next offer."
Fulham: "They haven't even made an offer!"
Saha: "Make a call to them then, I want to play for United."

Deadline day appraoches..

Fulham: "Look, Louis, United still haven't made an offer, you'll have to stay."
Saha: "Ha, forget that, I'm not staying, I want to play for United!"
Fulham: "Okay, Mr. Ferguson, We want £15m for Saha, we're willing to let you talk to him."
United: "Nah, we'll give you £9m."

Fulham are now faced with either accepting a poor offer or having a player who won't even play for them, they're forced to accept the poor offer..

And this is what the big teams do, and have always done. It's unfair and completely wrong. Unfortunately nobody will do anything about it. Fining Roman £5m is stupid, I bet he drops that much in change while walking down the street..
amancik
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2008, 01:41 AM) *
That is illegal, and it's something bigger teams use to try and get players on the cheap. For example:

United: "We want a striker, Louis Saha owould be nice."
Fulham: "Why are they talking about Saha, they haven't even made an offer for him!"
Saha: "United want me? I'm outta here, accept their next offer."
Fulham: "They haven't even made an offer!"
Saha: "Make a call to them then, I want to play for United."

Deadline day appraoches..

Fulham: "Look, Louis, United still haven't made an offer, you'll have to stay."
Saha: "Ha, forget that, I'm not staying, I want to play for United!"
Fulham: "Okay, Mr. Ferguson, We want £15m for Saha, we're willing to let you talk to him."
United: "Nah, we'll give you £9m."

Fulham are now faced with either accepting a poor offer or having a player who won't even play for them, they're forced to accept the poor offer..

And this is what the big teams do, and have always done. It's unfair and completely wrong. Unfortunately nobody will do anything about it. Fining Roman £5m is stupid, I bet he drops that much in change while walking down the street..

+1, exactly what I'm thinking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.