Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan relaxed over Nesta
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
AC Milan will not turn to the transfer market for cover for Alessandro Nesta.

The central defender is suffering from back problems and was forced to miss the Rossoneri's season debut, a scoreless draw with Cremonese on Wednesday.

However, Adrian Galliani insisted that Carlo Ancelotti's squad has enough stregnth in depth to cope with the setback to the 32-year-old, which the managing director does not regard as overly serious.

He said: "Nesta will absolutely not be replaced if he is injured becuase we are not dealing with a major injury.

"We are not getting worked up over this, the player will not have to be operated on."

"We have six central defenders at this moment so I don't understand all the clamour. As central defenders we not only have Nesta but [Kakhaber] Kaladze, [Paolo] Maldini, [Daniele] Bonera, [Dario] Simic and Digao.

"Also, [Giuseppe] Favalli can play in the middle and in my opinion so can [Massimo] Ambrosini, so I don't understand why there are calls to return to the transfer market when we have at least six central defenders."

The San Siro side have splashed out to reinforce the midfield with the likes of Luca Antonini and Matthieu Flamini, impressive in his debut in the red and black shirt against the third division side, and in attack with Marco Borriello and Ronaldinho.

Yet, despite Simic and Digao being earmarked to be on their way out at the World Club champions and both Favalli and Maldini over 35 years old, no new faces have arrived to bolster the defence apart from wing-back Gianluca Zambrotta.

However, Galliani confirmed: "Now the incoming market is closed."
Jack Sparrow
For once, I'm not going 'What's he thinking!'
dst
(Previewman voice:) Ambro to the rescue! Everyone's favorite Blond Angel is back this Fall to deliver the ultimate last-minute tackle experience... but... beware of kaladzities!! *sound of explosions* *Kaladze appears on screen* *people laugh* *I bite my tongue*
Jack Sparrow
You forgot Kalac letting the ball in between his legs, and look to Carletto to say 'Why, so serious?!'
han2503
This will probable come to bite us in the @ss a couple of games into the season.

Ambro is suddenly a defender now? Funny I thought Isaw Carlo playing him as a striker last season rolleyes.gif

Realistically without taking into account Galliani's stupid words of wsdom we only have 5 central defenders, and the only one that is up to standard is Nesta and he'll be out injured for god knows how long. Bonera is good but he needs a much more stable defender next to him, not a Kaladze. Maldini can't be depended on to play week in week out not to mention injuries, Simic Hasn't played in decades and doesn't cut it anymore, not even for Coppa matches, and Digao isn't even a player let alone someone to rely on in the center of defence.
dst
Why is everyone so hard on Digao? Yeah he's bad right now but I think he can improve... of course for that to happen he would have to be loaned out again.
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 25 2008, 11:20 AM) *
Why is everyone so hard on Digao? Yeah he's bad right now but I think he can improve... of course for that to happen he would have to be loaned out again.

Digao is not a defender. He's just the reason why Kaká will stay at Milan.
Jack Sparrow
He's a kid, cut him some slack. Not all players are child prodigies. He might not become the Kaka of defenders, but he might turn out to be a Lucio or a Juan at least. tongue.gif
Mp_snake007
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 25 2008, 10:08 AM) *
You forgot Kalac letting the ball in between his legs, and look to Carletto to say 'Why, so serious?!'

tongue.gif tongue.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 25 2008, 11:56 AM) *
He's a kid, cut him some slack. Not all players are child prodigies. He might not become the Kaka of defenders, but he might turn out to be a Lucio or a Juan at least. tongue.gif

He won't even become the next Vragel da Silva.
The point is...I don't consider him a Milan player at all. if there would be no Kaká at Milan there would be no chance for a Digao as well. but it's not like I criticize the managements decision to sign him. it's part of the clubs philosophy to make sure every player at Milan feels fine. And if Kaká needs his baby brother for that...OK.
I'm just saying we shouldn't count on him when we need a CB.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 25 2008, 09:20 AM) *

I just don't think there's any room for improvement no matter how many times he's loaned out. I think he would be better as a right back rather then a center back but even then he would be nothing more then mediocre. In Wednesday's friendly 3/4 of the time he was playing he was up with the midfield and Bonera constantly left stranded at the back.

And loaning him out would be pointless. When he was at Rimini he barely ever played, you rememeber I once told you I would try to watch him when Eurosport were covering the Serie B matches, but he wan't even getting starts for them.

The only reason Digao is at Milan is because of Kaka and wanting him to be happy, just like the friend of Seedorf's that we have on our books, I can't remember his name atm. It's the Milan thing to do to keeo their players happy, even if that mean paying salaries for no reason

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 25 2008, 10:19 AM) *
He won't even become the next Vragel da Silva.
The point is...I don't consider him a Milan player at all. if there would be no Kaká at Milan there would be no chance for a Digao as well. but it's not like I criticize the managements decision to sign him. it's part of the clubs philosophy to make sure every player at Milan feels fine. And if Kaká needs his baby brother for that...OK.
I'm just saying we shouldn't count on him when we need a CB.

Exactly
nuh
i heard gd things about being gd as a right back but he was gd at the match vs catania but he was unlucky
but he is not that bad he can grow up to be an avarage player for milan
han2503
QUOTE (nuh @ Jul 25 2008, 10:49 AM) *
i heard gd things about being gd as a right back but he was gd at the match vs catania but he was unlucky
but he is not that bad he can grow up to be an avarage player for milan

He wasn;t unluck against Catania, he just has no sense of positioning at all, that's why we conceeded those goals
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 25 2008, 12:34 PM) *
Digao is not a defender. He's just the reason why Kaká will stay at Milan.

Digao is in Milan because he's Kaka's brother. He would not get a chance any other way. But I don't think he's so bad myself.
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 25 2008, 02:10 PM) *
Digao is in Milan because he's Kaka's brother. He would not get a chance any other way. But I don't think he's so bad myself.

Point is..he's not good enough for Milan...not even for Serie A IMO.
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 25 2008, 04:12 PM) *
Point is..he's not good enough for Milan...not even for Serie A IMO.

Well... he's better a defender than Willy is a forward... I think he's good enough to be our 5th choice...

And yeah... we just spoiled a thread about Grande Nesta! sleep.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.