Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan "rejected Chelsea's Kaka bid" Saturday 19 July, 2008
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
hatebreeder.nick
A/C ESPNsoccernet:
AC Milan insist Kaka is not for sale despite reports linking the Brazilian with a move to Chelsea this summer.

The Serie A side released a statement in response to comments from Kaka's personal assistant Diogo Kotscho, who claimed the player had set his heart on move to Stamford Bridge.

'Real Madrid offered 90 million euros (£71million) last summer and Milan did not even think about the bid,' Kotscho told The Guardian.

'This time is different. This is the first time we feel that a deal will definitely happen.

'Because of the situation Milan are in at the moment, the deal is good for all parties involved.

'The move would represent a significant increase in Kaka's salary, on top of the 10% transfer fee that goes straight to the player anyway - some 15 million euros (£12million).

'This is the first time we feel that a deal will definitely happen,' Kotscho was quoted as saying. 'Chelsea are the club to be at right now. They are building a team to win everything.'

But although Milan vice president Adriano Galliani revealed earlier this year the Premier League side had made an astronomical bid to sign the 26-year-old, the Rossoneri have again ruled out selling their most prized asset.

An Milan statement on Saturday read: 'Regarding the comments, Milan director of communications Vittorio Mentana reiterates that Kaka is absolutely not for sale.'

The Brazil international is under contract with the Italian giants until June 2013.

Chelsea freaks me out.. They want everything mad.gif. Where do they plan to play Kaka with Deco,Ballack,Lampard n every1 panicsmiley2.gif
agenth
whatever, kotscho is probably just some stalker or the guy that makes Kakà's coffee everyday!
milanista1899
Whoever he is Ricky should sack him! realmad.gif If he knew the 1st thing about him he wouldn't say this, unless he isn't being paid enough which I doubt.
agenth
oh, and i thought normal members can't make topics in here? although i do not understand how the topic can be displayed in 2 places...

sorry for OT
hatebreeder.nick
QUOTE (agenth @ Jul 19 2008, 07:08 PM) *
oh, and i thought normal members can't make topics in here? although i do not understand how the topic can be displayed in 2 places...

sorry for OT

I created the topic in News Dump bt it was moved to this section..
Ry4n
Milan "rejected Chelsea's Kaka bid" Saturday 19 July, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adriano Galliani confirms Chelsea made a massive offer for Kaka, but assures “he’s not going anywhere.”

The Guardian reported today that the Stamford Bridge side had proposed a record-breaking £80m to tempt the Brazilian away.

“It’s true that Chelsea made a conspicuous offer, but I will not say how much it was,” the general manager told journalists this evening.

“It is equally true that we said no. President Silvio Berlusconi rejected the chance to sell Kaka, just as he told Real Madrid no in 2001 for Andriy Shevchenko.”

Although Sheva eventually did leave to join Chelsea for £30m, the decision to part company was made only after the Ukrainian requested the transfer.

“Kaka is going nowhere and neither is Clarence Seedorf,” added Galliani. “The fans can sleep easy.” smile.gif
Despite reports in Spain and England, Kaka seems to be settled at Milan and looking forward to the new season with Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato.

Galliani also revealed another bid that failed to materialise over the summer for Fiorentina goalkeeper Sebastien Frey.

“We requested Frey, but the response was such a high figure that we gave up.”

Channel 4 News

Link: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul19t.html
nuh
i love Galliani happy.gif
kurtsimonw
Is this another bid that never actually happened?
Warchant
ROME (AP) - AC Milan moved to end speculation Saturday that Brazil playmaker Kaka is up for sale, although the player's spokesman said negotiations with Chelsea are ongoing.

"Kaka is absolutely not for sale," Milan's communications director Vittorio Mentana said in a brief statement posted on the club's Web site.

However, Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho said in Sao Paolo that negotiations are ongoing between the two teams over the 26-year old FIFA player of the year.

"Yes, they are negotiating," Kotscho told The Associated Press. "Chelsea has made a formal proposal to Milan for Kaka."

Kotscho said the Premier League team has offered €100 million (US$158 million), 15 percent of which would go to Kaka. Representatives of both clubs met twice over the past week in London and Milan, he said.

"Now we are waiting for a contract to be signed which, in my opinion, could happen within days," Kotscho added. "If Milan agrees to let him go, Kaka will have no problem with that decision."

The Milan statement made reference to an article in British newspaper The Guardian, which said Saturday that the negotiations between Chelsea and Milan are at "an advanced stage." The newspaper said Kaka is keen to move to London because Milan will not be playing in the Champions League in the coming season.

Milan finished a disappointing fifth in Serie A last season and will play in the second-tier UEFA Cup.

The Italian team, which was also eliminated by Arsenal in the second round of the Champions League, is looking for a quick rebound. It has signed Ronaldinho and Gianluca Zambrotta from FC Barcelona and midfielder Mathieu Flamini from Arsenal.
KillerMax
I mistakenly moved this topic to the main News section. Sorry for the confusion.
Jako19
Thank god Ricky didnt go... I think he is the most influental player on our team.. but i cant help but think of the amount of solid players we could get for 90E
Mp_snake007
Don't worry guys and gals; Ricky will never leave us: graduated.gif
mishie
According to Sky sports news Milan and Chelsea are discussing a transfer and Kaka's personal advisor has said Kaka he will only discuss the subject when the 2 clubs agree a transfer fee but he went on to say (his advisor) it could well happen this transfer window and has privatly expressed a desire to join the Blues swear1.gif
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ Aug 10 2008, 07:11 PM) *
According to Sky sports news Milan and Chelsea are discussing a transfer and Kaka's personal advisor has said Kaka he will only discuss the subject when the 2 clubs agree a transfer fee but he went on to say (his advisor) it could well happen this transfer window and has privatly expressed a desire to join the Blues swear1.gif

It looks like all these quotes are being recycled from a couple of weeks ago rolleyes.gif I read on some site that these quote were apparently first printed by The Observer (you might be more familiar mish, because it's a british paper but I don't think it's a reliable papar) And from what they wrote every other media source has taken it and ran with it.

Frankly I'm not worried in the slightest about Kaka and this guy that's talkinf on behalf of Kaka is not his agent (his father is his agent) no one has ever heard of him before he apparently cam out of nowhere and started talking about Kaka to Chelsea
Giancarlo
QUOTE (mishie @ Aug 10 2008, 06:11 PM) *

For one, no.

Kaka has never said he wanted to join Chelsea (especially after seeing what happened to Sheva). Kaka signed a contract till I believe 2013 with Milan. The British media is notoriously unreliable and I know for a fact that report came from "The Observer". The Observer is not worth the paper it is printed on. In addition, Diogo Kotscho is not Kaka's official agent.

Milan and Chelsea are discussing a transfer regarding Branislav Ivanovic, not Kaka.

Diogo Kotscho by the way said a year ago Kaka was transferring to Real Madrid (imminently too)... um.. no.
mishie
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 10 2008, 07:21 PM) *
It looks like all these quotes are being recycled from a couple of weeks ago rolleyes.gif I read on some site that these quote were apparently first printed by The Observer (you might be more familiar mish, because it's a british paper but I don't think it's a reliable papar) And from what they wrote every other media source has taken it and ran with it.

Frankly I'm not worried in the slightest about Kaka and this guy that's talkinf on behalf of Kaka is not his agent (his father is his agent) no one has ever heard of him before he apparently cam out of nowhere and started talking about Kaka to Chelsea

the observer is one of the more reputable papers in the uk (not that means much) but these quote's were announced as breaking news this afternoon and the comments from his so-called right hand man were taken this afternoon so altho its recycled news its resurfaced today
Giancarlo
QUOTE (mishie @ Aug 10 2008, 07:25 PM) *
the observer is one of the more reputable papers in the uk (not that means much) but these quote's were announced as breaking news this afternoon and the comments from his so-called right hand man were taken this afternoon so altho its recycled news its resurfaced today

It's recycled. Diogo Kotscho does not represent Kaka. He simply doesn't. It resurfaced because they need to sell papers, and the Observer is rubbish. I know full well what these people publish. The same who said Ronaldinho was going to Manchester City imminently.

And they see that Milan and Chelsea are talking. But that has nothing to do with Kaka... rather, Ivanovic.
mishie
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 10 2008, 07:26 PM) *
It's recycled. Diogo Kotscho does not represent Kaka. He simply doesn't. It resurfaced because they need to sell papers, and the Observer is rubbish. I know full well what these people publish. The same who said Ronaldinho was going to Manchester City imminently.

And they see that Milan and Chelsea are talking. But that has nothing to do with Kaka... rather, Ivanovic.

it wasn't in the observer today it was annouced as breaking news on Sky sports news this afternoon
Giancarlo
QUOTE (mishie @ Aug 10 2008, 07:34 PM) *
it wasn't in the observer today it was annouced as breaking news on Sky sports news this afternoon

And Sky sports are the one who said that Ronaldinho was going to Man City.

Sky Sports is rubbish. And they took old recycled news.
CrazyMilanFan
well it is quite simple kaka was being linked with chelsea we now probably go to chelsea for abt ivanavoic the press say that we are in london to discuss kaka
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 10 2008, 07:37 PM) *

Sky Sports report what they're told by clubs and agents, they're about the most reliable media outlet I know.
mishie
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 10 2008, 07:37 PM) *

i know Sky interviewed Man. City's chairman and he said they were in discussion about R10 but they never reported that he was actually going there!
Giancarlo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 10 2008, 07:51 PM) *
Sky Sports report what they're told by clubs and agents, they're about the most reliable media outlet I know.

Diogo Kotscho is not Kaka's agent.

And I think they are totally wrong and they have been wrong in the past. Reliable? How so?
kurtsimonw
I never said he was Kaka's agent. I just said that is where Sky Sports get their informations. They will obviously relay what they're told from other sources, but they never confirm anything until they're told by the club in question.

I don't know if you know much about Sky Sports, but they have a huge contract with all football clubs in England, they pay clubs tonnes to televise their games, but it's also a condition that any bids, medicals, confirmed signings, etc. are reported to them.

They will also report rumours from papers, but they never confirm anything without consent from a club. It'd be stupid to do that, otherwise they'd get sued.

As for your questions. Sky Sports are never wrong, they never confirm things, unless they've been confirmed to them by a club. Reliable? They have a contract agreement with every club in England, so it's very reliable. They get the news first really.
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ Aug 10 2008, 06:34 PM) *

Yes but they took it from The Observer who were the first to report it, Sky Sports were not the only media outlet to report it, every other site or paper took what was wrote in The Observer and they ran with it.

Secondly, these are definately recycled quoted that first showed up a couple week ago. Papers just have nothing to report atm so they're making stuff up out of nothing as for this Diogo Kotscho is not Kaka's agent so his words are worthless if he is really saying this. If negotiations were really happening then Kaka's ACTUAL agent would be the one to make statments to the media not Kaka's supposed 'assistant' or whatever he is

@ kurt, Sky Sports basically just recount what's being said in the British papers, I don't find them a reliable source and they did in fact report that Ronaldinho was very close to singing for Man City a couple of our before it became official that he was a Milan player.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 10 2008, 07:03 PM) *
I don't know if you know much about Sky Sports, but they have a huge contract with all football clubs in England, they pay clubs tonnes to televise their games, but it's also a condition that any bids, medicals, confirmed signings, etc. are reported to them.

Okay you know... I certainly won't believe them now. Kaka is not for sale.

So they are lying.

Or they are JUST reporting what was said in some papers. This does not make it true. It doesn't matter if they have contracts or whatever. They report what is in British papers, and British papers are not reliable, thus making Sky News unreliable.

The fact is they did report that Ronaldinho was going to Milan. How do I know? I can watch Sky Sports News on FSC here in the US. I saw it first hand.
Tennie
I think the term 'lying' is a little harsh. Sky are reporting the same thing that's appeared everywhere else, that's all. It's the transfer season and this is the time of year when there are all sorts of rumors - some accurate, some not - are bandied about.

Sky (UK) is rather accurate as a rule when it comes to reporting on English clubs -- as Kurt said, they do have the inside information. That said, because of the inside information when I watch Sky (UK) it seems to me that there's a very strong pro-EPL bias. That's understandable given that it's the UK version of Sky and also understandable given the finances involved. Incidentally, Fox Soccer is just as pro-EPL biased in its reporting, IMO -- because sky/fox are part of the same media family.
Giancarlo
Their bias influences the stories they publish and the disinformation they put out there. I saw it first hand with regards to them. I do not watch what they say because I do NOT find it credible. Fox is not any better. Fox News is RUBBISH.

For one, we are not talking to Chelsea about Kaka at all but rather Ivanovic. They cite Diogo Kotscho in the stories... it's rubbish.
Tennie
Again, the language you use is harsh. 'Misinformation'? No. Just reporting rumors that they like. All media outlets do that - including the Italian ones.

Assuming Galliani does go to London tomorrow to discuss Ivanovic with Peter Kenyon, I would be unsurprised if Kaka's name came up.

I would be equally unsurprised if Galliani gave the stock 'Kaka is not for sale' response.

Diogo Kotschko is not necessairly the best source for anyone -- he was the guy who talked about Real Madrid and Kaka last year.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 11 2008, 02:08 AM) *
Assuming Galliani does go to London tomorrow to discuss Ivanovic with Peter Kenyon, I would be unsurprised if Kaka's name came up.

I would be equally unsurprised if Galliani gave the stock 'Kaka is not for sale' response.

Okay I'll agree with that and lighten up on sky... I just don't like them or fox.

Diogo Kotschko is not necessairly the best source for anyone -- he was the guy who talked about Real Madrid and Kaka last year.

Yeah I said that before... and he's the source for these rumors.
Tennie
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 10 2008, 10:13 PM) *
Yeah I said that before... and he's the source for these rumors.

I know he's the source of the rumours. I read the articles in the Italian media. smile.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 11 2008, 03:21 AM) *
I know he's the source of the rumours. I read the articles in the Italian media. smile.gif

I think Kaka should fire the guy...
kurtsimonw
Sky Sports News job is to keep watchers up-to-date with everything on papers, website, clubs & anything official.

They are not liars, as all they're doing is telling people what the rumours are. If they said "Kaka' is for sale" when he isn't, THAT is lying. But they say: "According to the times today, Milan forward Kaka' is for sale, and that Chelsea are in prime position to sign him". So all they're doing is telling people where the rumour is coming from, and what it is.

If you consider this lying, I'm afraid as powerful as SKY tv is, they'd be out of business right now, because they'd have been sued thousends of times.

So, let's use Ronaldinho as an example. HERE is every article containing the word 'Ronaldinho' on Sky Sports, everytime they link him with a move they start their article with WHO has told them. Otherwise I'd be suing them right now saying I bought a season ticket when they linked Villa with somebody who didn't join.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2008, 02:39 AM) *
Sky Sports News job is to keep watchers up-to-date with everything on papers, website, clubs & anything official.

They are not liars, as all they're doing is telling people what the rumours are. If they said "Kaka' is for sale" when he isn't, THAT is lying. But they say: "According to the times today, Milan forward Kaka' is for sale, and that Chelsea are in prime position to sign him". So all they're doing is telling people where the rumour is coming from, and what it is.

If you consider this lying, I'm afraid as powerful as SKY tv is, they'd be out of business right now, because they'd have been sued thousends of times.

But that still doesn't mean he's for sale even though say "according to this paper... player X is for sale". I think they are misrepresenting the position of a player.

So all they are doing is reporting recycled rumor. That's legal I guess. But poor reporting in my eyes.
kurtsimonw
No, it doesn't mean he's for sale, and they're not saying he is. All Sky Sports are saying is this "There is a RUMOUR in *enter papers name here* that Kaka' is for sale".

They are NOT saying he IS for sale, they are just reporting a rumour that says he is. Of course it doesn't mean he's for sale, they're just keeping viewers up-to-date with what the papers are saying. Why do they do it? It's their job to keep viewers informed with everything, however little substance there is.

if they only reported everything official, they'd have to repeat the same story over and over all day every day, because there aren't many official goings on in one day.
Tennie
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 10 2008, 10:41 PM) *
But that still doesn't mean he's for sale even though say "according to this paper... player X is for sale". I think they are misrepresenting the position of a player.

So all they are doing is reporting recycled rumor. That's legal I guess. But poor reporting in my eyes.

Thing is, that's what the media does - from Fox and Sky to Channel 4 to Globoesporte to Kicker to Mediaset and Gazzetta. The rumors recycle around the world.

I don't especially like the reporting on Fox Soccer but really, they're not doing anything different from any other football channel.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2008, 02:52 AM) *
No, it doesn't mean he's for sale, and they're not saying he is. All Sky Sports are saying is this "There is a RUMOUR in *enter papers name here* that Kaka' is for sale".

They are NOT saying he IS for sale, they are just reporting a rumour that says he is. Of course it doesn't mean he's for sale, they're just keeping viewers up-to-date with what the papers are saying. Why do they do it? It's their job to keep viewers informed with everything, however little substance there is.

if they only reported everything official, they'd have to repeat the same story over and over all day every day, because there aren't many official goings on in one day.

Sorry then. I'm just a bit emotional about this subject. I was really pissed off when Sheva got sold. I punched a hole in my closet door (and it still is there) because of that. Rarely do I get that mad lol.

Now I certainly have better self control...

Tennie
huh.gif The traitor wanting to go to the UK and consequently being sold to Chelsea has...what to do with media coverage of world football?
gal_kenny
Its all rumorrs...They're just trying to make things more interesting after the Ronaldo madrid saga..I doubt he leave...Plus it is only if milan decides and they didn't so its a no no...
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 11 2008, 03:05 AM) *
huh.gif The traitor wanting to go to the UK and consequently being sold to Chelsea has...what to do with media coverage of world football?

It's the notion that there is a possibility of Kaka being sold to Chelsea. I'm not happy with any mention of it. Though I do acknowledge such rumors exist. Rumors piss me off too. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.