Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffon bets on AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
Gigi Buffon has named AC Milan as favorites to win the Scudetto this season.

The Juventus number one is convinced that without Champions League football this season the Rossoneri have an enormous advantage over the other teams

The 30-year-old said: "If you want my prediction, I would go for Milan. Not playing in the Champions League is a huge advantage. Inter? Well we have to see the impact that Mourinho will have."

The Italy shot-stopper was a little more cautious in weighing up the chances of the Bianconeri taking home their 28th Scudetto come May.

He added: "Last season we had just come up from Serie B and we had this exaggerated motivation that we cannot have this year. We will have to do well to try and find some other way of getting motivated."

The World Cup winner was quick to praise the new signings of the club and jumped to the defence of Christian Poulsen whose arrival in Turin has caused quite a stir amongst fans who were hoping to see a more illustrious signing.

"I think Amauri has the ability to impose himself in the side. As for Christian Poulsen, he may not have the ability of Amauri but he is one of those players that makes a side solid."
xcube
he should be worry of our KA-PA-RO biggrin.gif its straight warning to all teams in Seria A
arivanjj
he should worry about joining us tongue.gif biggrin.gif
dst
He could have been a Milan player... this will always haunt me. sleep.gif
Zed.D
^
Yeah, we shouldn't have missed this golden opportunity... it won't happen again.
armiss
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 18 2008, 12:46 PM) *

But we must hope & believe more than ever that Dida will be Miracle and safe ! he is our keeper and i wish him the very best ! smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (armisse @ Jul 18 2008, 02:41 PM) *
But we must hope & believe more than ever that Dida will be Miracle and safe ! he is our keeper and i wish him the very best !

+1 Completely agree! smile.gif Even though having both Dida and Buffon as the two top keepers in Milan seems a mouthwatering proposition, we still have to stand by our current keeper(s), as long as they wear our uniforms. And hope they have a great season, for the sake of us winning something this year.
Zed.D
I don't remember what my previous opinions about Dida were (!), but I predict a return-to-top season for him.
dst
Yeah yeah we hope and believe BUT WE BLOODY MISSED ON BUFFON!!!! cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
pacang

damn that hurts..
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 18 2008, 03:40 PM) *
Yeah yeah we hope and believe BUT WE BLOODY MISSED ON BUFFON!!!! cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

But wouldn't it be nicer if we found a Buffon of our own? wink.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 18 2008, 10:16 AM) *

And me too!

With Buffon we could have almost guaranteed Lo Scudetto.
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 23 2008, 09:48 AM) *
But wouldn't it be nicer if we found a Buffon of our own? wink.gif

You know... if you were here I would kill you right now! Don't you understand, WE MISSED ON BUFFON!!! mad.gif

... tongue.gif

... sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
Haven't you heard? unsure.gif Borriello is sexier! And that's according to Gigi's own lady. Stop complaining.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 24 2008, 03:14 PM) *
Haven't you heard? unsure.gif Borriello is sexier! And that's according to Gigi's own lady. Stop complaining.

You're on the list.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 24 2008, 03:35 PM) *
You know... if you were here I would kill you right now! Don't you understand, WE MISSED ON BUFFON!!! mad.gif

... tongue.gif

... sad.gif

biggrin.gif You will really kill me for saying this but I'm glad Buffon stayed in Juve. yes, he could have been an incredible purchase for us, but now the whole world have even more respect for him. going with your team to Serie B and losing two seasons of CL football among many more losses? he just guaranteed a legendary status for him by doing so and that's something I appreciate! just like when a Juve fans admires Maldini for what he has done for Milan.
gal_kenny
If we had signed Buffon we would have been winning the championship easily..because of the keeper problem we have, goals always fly into our net but hopefully this time will be a turn around..I'm sure buffon has his reasons for saying that we're favorites to win the Scudetto...I really can't wait for Serie to start..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.