Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KALADZE AND EMERSON INTERVIEWS
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Tennie
There were two player interviews today on acmilan.com. Their English versions are below (translations by the fine folks at acmilan.com).

TRUST US link
7/1/2008 7:41:00 PM
Kaladze is following Milan's transfer moves day by day and dreams. The Georgian does not, however, forget to underline the strength of his team mates, people of absolute value like Borriello and Bonera.

MILAN - He would give his soul for the Rossoneri shirt. "Kala" Kaladze returns from Dubai to his homecountry Georgia, where in a few hours he will present his Foundation, feels nostalgic of his Milan, who he wants to be stronger and stronger as he explained to Milan Channel:

"I miss Milan, the city, everyone. This summer I am resting but I haven't disconnected completely with the Rossoneri's world and I have followed the club's transfer campaign very closely. I can say I am very happy about the players who have already arrived, all great champions, and also for the ones who might yet come. Now I'm in Georgia, but I often hear talk about Ronaldinho and Adebayor: what players! Ronaldinho is unique, he can play as a midfielder, a second striker, a striker, someone like that would certainly be welcome at Milan. Adebayor is a player I had to mark recently and I can guarantee he's a great player. But don't ask me who I would buy, firstly because our club has the right competence and experience to make any transfer move, secondly because in the summer it's nice to dream, so we can keep the hope alive of having both of them. In any case the club knows what to do better than myself, they know every detail of the transfer market and let's not forget a certain Marco Borriello. Trust me, scoring 19 goals in our league is not for everyone. Marco has great skills, he's matured and has important motivations, a true striker."

KALADZE AND THE DEFENCE
"I'm convinced the defence is still one of Milan's strong points. Zambrotta has arrived, he can play both on the left and the right. And then there's Bonera who has had an extraordinary season. He's also very versatile, he can play in the middle and on the wing. I'm convinced we will also get a big help from Paolo Maldini, his decision to continue makes me very happy. I would feel calm concerning our defence, and the same goes for the whole team. I can't wait to get back to training!"

PUMA EMERSON THE RETURN link
7/1/2008 9:01:00 PM
The “Puma” Emerson wants to scratch again. Following the surgery of May 13th, the Brazilian feels ready to face a new season, certain to give the contribution which everyone expect.

MILAN – There is a player who more than others in the Milan squad wants to give a push to his Rossoneri’s career. It’s Emerson, a past characterized by injuries and a present full of optimism for a form which is coming back. The Brazilian spoke to Milan Channel during the program “Studio Milan” and spoke about his expectations:

“I always thought that this club gave me a lot, but unfortunately due to physical problems, I couldn’t give back in the best way these attentions. Emerson can give a better contribution to Milan than what we saw last season. As I said before, living with a fracture is not easy and often the pain was stronger than the will to train. Following the operation of May 13th, today I can say that I feel very good. Now I can’t exactly say when I will be back with the group because the verifications on my conditions must still be done. The sensations are still very good, the times of recovery following the injury were indicated in about two and a half months, but if we had to fix a date for my return I can easily say that August 17th for the Trofeo Luigi Berlusconi I will be available."

RONALDINHO AND BRAZIL

“Ronaldinho is from my same country and therefore I met him during this summer. He was very sorry for what is happening and I can say with certainty that there is a great will and determination inside him. He confided with me that there have been contacts with Milan, but I don’t know more than this. This is a period where there is a generational change. Many young players must still understand what it means to play for Brazil’s shirt. Unfortunately the qualifications to the World Cup are not going very well, but this happened many times, then Brazil managed to qualify. For the last world cup, we did not have problems to qualify, but then everyone knows how it went. Better to meet difficulties in the qualifications and then play a World Cup at our best.”

FLAMINI

“In the two games played with Arsenal, he gave me a very good impression. He’s a very gritty player who never gives up. Players with this mentality are very useful to any team and I believe that he can do very well with us.”
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 2 2008, 03:26 AM)
Their English versions are below (translations by the fine folks at acmilan.com).

dry.gif Hmph.

Other than that, very good read. It's always good to hear direct from the players, even if their last name is Kaladze. smile.gif It would however be very nice to hear interviews from the likes of Paolo, Nesta, Janku, etc, and get an insight of the latest going in their lives, plus their opinions. Anyway, thanks a ton, Ten.
acid911
Not to mention, it's finally good to see regular news starting to trickle after the Euros. biggrin.gif I kind of missed it.
dst
Emerson and Kaladze? Oh my God, what a treat! But I think I'll pass... I'll leave this for when I'm down to read it and cheer up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.