Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seedorf: Ronaldinho Not Needed
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News
xcube

The Dutch veteran has been one of the main critics of AC Milan's alleged plan to sign Ronaldinho, who has fallen out of favour at Camp Nou.

While the Rossoneri owner, Silvio Berlusconi, had stated that Ronaldinho was not part of his club's plans, recent reports have suggested AC Milan to be hot on the trail of the Brazilian once again.

And Seedorf has now added that the club's summer transfer kit should be spent wisely on players AC Milan are actually in need of.

"Ronaldinho is no good for us because we have many other players for the same position," he said. "I think the team have other needs, but I am not responsible for the signings.

Goal.com
Tennie
This one's already been linked in the Ronaldinho thread. I still think it's a made up article from goal as they don't say where they got the quote from.
Habitant
LMAO, you see we dont need this type of attitude, and i guarantee you many other players on this team see things the same way. i'm not saying footballers arent worried about their spot but on the "winning teams", ask any member if they wanted an additional world class player and they would welcome him and not complain.

FFS sedorf, too many players in this position?!?! we have 2 (you and kaka), technically we have none because both of you are now forwards rolleyes.gif

i'm not a huge fan of R20 but a milan team with him compared to one without him is simply stronger. it's quite clear that seedorf would rather a weaker milan just so he can play more games, even if he comes theres plenty of space for both of them. that would leave with 3 att mids which is fine!
xcube
Habitant u have a good point actually im trying to figure out Ronaldinho is a good improvement to the team why ur afraid look for the team vision not a personal vision, Milan will be better if Pato and KAKA And Roni it will be Permuda Triangle tongue.gif
xcube
Tennie: since milan shows their interests in Ronaldinho, Seedorf Started Shooting these Statment about how milan dont need him because he's worry on Number 10 that he wear and his position

Habitant u have a good point actually im trying to figure out Ronaldinho is a good improvement to the team why ur afraid look for the team vision not a personal vision, Milan will be better if Pato and KAKA And Roni it will be Permuda Triangle tongue.gif
I_Rossoneri
Seedorf's just worried about losing his place. as far as I'm concerned competition is healthy and he or R10 must battle it out for the place smile.gif
kurtsimonw
I think Seedorf saying these things is proof enough that he's not good enough anymore. Why would somebody thats playing really well be worried about his place in the team?
Tennie
Good point, Kurt. But I still don't think he said 'em. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 30 2008, 10:32 PM)
Good point, Kurt. But I still don't think he said 'em. smile.gif

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

And Seedorf has now added that the club's summer transfer kit should be spent wisely on players AC Milan are actually in need of.

Does it mean transfer kitty, or are Milan just being stingy now and instead of using money, we're paying teams with Milan kits!
xcube
well in my opinion seedorf dont have to worry coz Roni Should play next to kaka and seedorf should go back to his old position
Zed.D
@ Tennie

He had said something similar a few months before this one, like xcube said. unless both are made up stories...
kidfunka
one thing thats quite ironic here is that seedorf is at times the slowest player that exists, he had issues with holland as newer players were eating into his time.. if he's that good he shoudnt be worried about the others...in my opinion seedorf is exactly the kind of player that we need to get rid off
Tennie
Seedorf is a bit of a primadonna. Always has been. We complain about him and call him 'Turtle'. That said, he can be devastating during games -- eg the CL semis v. MU at the San Siro. Had to laugh when he of all people dispossessed Cristiano Ronaldo at one point.

That said, I do not think Milan should get rid of Seedorf. He'll complain, sure. But if he's the worst complainer of the group, then really the team doesn't have that much to worry about.

There's also the fact that he adds quality to the midfield, lack of speed notwithstanding. His ball control skills are sublime. And a little competition for starting positions never hurt anyone. smile.gif
kidfunka
I do agree with his skills are outstanding but i guess when I look at milan, it reminds me of italy in this last euro. SLOW.. when I look that our defence consists of maldini, jankoloski, oddo and now zambrotta, midfield of pirlo, ambrossini, gattuso amd seedorf... now which player in this lineup is fast paced and also has skills... for me, this long ball passing from pirlo (and he's the best) to our striker is outdated soccer.. Gila will score alot of goals, when you have the midfielders of fiorentina that may be one of the fastes and youngest midfield in italy and around...

I would love to see a refreshed, young and fast milan..
Tennie
I'm not so sure with this emphasis on speed -- it seems important in England but, well, Serie A is a different sort of game.

That said, a refreshed Milan is certainly something we'd all love to see.

I still hope that Milan keep hold of Ignazio Abate during this window and actually use him in the midfield next year. He's pretty darn fast and has an awfully good cross. (that said, this morning's rumors link him to Torino).
kurtsimonw
I agree that pace isn't that big of a deal, particularly not in midfield and especially not in the system Milan use. AMs or wingers, fair enough, pace can be a great asset for them. But for the system Milan use, RB, LB, AM and SS are the only position that really need a certain degree of speed. I think we have most of it covered as I believe Zambro and Janku are quick enough for full-backs, then we have Kaka' and Pato in the other positions.
jbryant1
i would say from Seedorf's performances last season- he is not needed. Lets not forget that Milan are a second rate team at the moment that didn't even qualify for teh Champions League and finished 5th in domestic competition.

Zambrotta and Flamini= positions that we already have players for(I prefer these guys to last season)

Ronaldinho= scoring goals and creating opportunities offensively. If this isn't needed Seedorf should get his head examined.

The problem is these guys have to much leeway to make mistakes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.