Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti explains Dream Team
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Fillipo Simone
Ancelotti explains Dream Team
Saturday 28 June, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti has explained precisely how he’ll field Ronaldinho, Alexandre Pato, Kaka, Clarence Seedorf and Andrea Pirlo together.

Milan are struggling to overcome Arsenal’s £31m price-tag for Emmanuel Adebayor and therefore turning their attention back towards Barcelona outcast Ronaldinho, although that will take some tactical reshuffling from the Coach.

“We agreed to sign either a striker or a Trequartista. It makes no difference to me, we’d just change the system,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“If we sign a centre-forward, then we’ll play the 4-3-1-2. Otherwise it’ll be the classic ‘Christmas Tree’ formation, a 4-3-2-1, which we know well and has given us a great deal of success.”

This was the system used in 2002-03 when the Rossoneri lifted both the Champions League and the Coppa Italia.

“Aside from the tactics, it is a question of studying the movement of the three forwards. Pippo Inzaghi and Marco Borriello have the characteristics to stay up there alone, but Pato does not.

“This means he would have to adapt and learn many new things. He is young, so I don’t think there will be problems in that sense. It will take time, but he’ll do it, I can guarantee that.

“Kaka is the best player in the world, so I wouldn’t dream of changing his position or characteristics. Kaka will do what he always has done, following his instinct and his quality.”

Seedorf complained last season when he was forced into wide midfield positions, but with Ronaldinho coming in would be pushed out yet again.

“Seedorf is an intelligent man and a very useful player,” noted Ancelotti. “He can play as a Trequartista and a pure midfielder. There are no problems.”

The midfield has also been reinforced with the arrival of Mathieu Flamini on a free transfer from Arsenal, while the Coach assures Emerson has overcome his injury woes.

The defence was the shakiest area of Milan’s squad last term, but there is only one big signing, Gianluca Zambrotta from Barcelona.

“He is a great full-back who can play on the right or the left. He’s not exactly young, but he is very reliable. On the left we have Marek Jankulovski as well as Giuseppe Favalli, while Massimo Oddo has the opportunity to prove himself on the right after a below par campaign.

“Plus we have brought back Luca Antonini, a youngster who really impressed when out on loan and is a valuable alternative for defence or midfield.”

As Milan are out of the Champions League, the club must inevitably turn its attention towards recapturing the Scudetto for the first time since 2003-04.

“It is our primary objective. We all want to prove ourselves after missing out on Europe and nobody liked that turn of events. It will be an unusual year and we’ll fight on three fronts – Serie A, the UEFA Cup and Coppa Italia. Milan will be centre stage.”

Source: Football Italia
Rossoneri7
Nothing new really .. The club, as I suspected, always did have their agenda and as always rarely disclosed anything to the public.

But it is comforting to hear such things smile.gif , knowing that the club never fell asleep as some claimed.

p.s. Great sig Filipo king.gif
amancik
Ronaldinho will sign for Milan at the end of July I think, Barca knows that they have to sell him to Milan or otherwise they'll lose him on free. I believe we'll get him for 30 million euros.
Zed.D
Pippo Inzaghi and Marco Borriello have the characteristics to stay up there alone, but Pato does not.

I disagree with this one! Pato can play anywhere in the attack.
dst
Yeah, we've heard this before... now are we going to get Ronaldinho this time or what?
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (amancik @ Jun 28 2008, 12:51 PM)
Ronaldinho will sign for Milan at the end of July I think, Barca knows that they have to sell him to Milan or otherwise they'll lose him on free. I believe we'll get him for 30 million euros.

€30m for R10? surely some mistake tongue.gif €15m would be a closer valuation IMO wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 28 2008, 07:17 PM)
€30m for R10? surely some mistake tongue.gif  €15m would be a closer valuation IMO wink.gif

Neither are proper valuations; €20-25 million makes more sense IMO.
morgoth
This is exactly what I didn't want mad.gif R10 means only 1 striker and I hate that!!!

Nice sig fillipo smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
p.s. Great sig Filipo 

Nice sig fillipo

Thanks guys, just needed a refreshment..

I hope we get Dinho and another striker, or at least keep Paloschi. But...it seems that we're not looking for a good CB. What that means,..I'm not exactly sure. Å imić is seemingly staying.
Zed.D
Buy Ronaldinho, keep Paloschi. that's the best thing we can do IMO. plus that we seriously need either a world class goalkeeper or a world class center-back. we can't afford to overlook these two positions. it'll come back to haunt us in the middle of the season when Kaladze starts Kaladzity and Maldini gets injured. personally I would give the priority to signing a CB...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 28 2008, 01:59 PM)
Yeah, we've heard this before... now are we going to get Ronaldinho this time or what?

Yeah, same old. Not getting anybody I can take, it's the fact that they have to come out and talk about it. If they never promised us players or said that we didn't need any then I'd be able to take it, but this sounds silly to me. We're talking about Ronaldinho as if he's ours. Bad Carlo, that's illegal!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jun 28 2008, 09:38 PM)
Buy Ronaldinho, keep Paloschi. that's the best thing we can do IMO. plus that we seriously need either a world class goalkeeper or a world class center-back. we can't afford to overlook these two positions. it'll come back to haunt us in the middle of the season when Kaladze starts Kaladzity and Maldini gets injured. personally I would give the priority to signing a CB...

Problem is, there are no WC keepers or CB's avaible {Akinfeev and Boruc are the nearest to WC}.
acid911
So I guess by now it's a forgone conclusion that R10 could very well be in Milan before the end of this transfer season. unsure.gif That Adebayor stuff was just smoke screen for Ronaldinho. There is no chance Arsenal would let him go cheap, particularly to us, after what we did with Flamini.

Arsene Wegner, is after all the linchpin of Arsenal. And French.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 29 2008, 01:05 AM)
Problem is, there are no WC keepers or CB's avaible {Akinfeev and Boruc are the nearest to WC}.

Maybe... but there are better CBs and GKs available than those we already have [Kaladze and Dida].
Jako19
As centerbacks we could look to sign Per Metresacker, Kompany, & Yuri Zhirkov. I dont even know if any of them are avalible, but that would be my top 3 "manageable" bids for fortifying our defence.
jbryant1
Truthfully Ancelotti should not be the coach of Milan this season. His team has gone down hill over the past 3 years and he gets that I can't believe it look. The same boring formula for another season. Without a top forward we will have the same tactical problems. Strikers sitting in the middle. No width. Double man cover Kaka. No goals= No wins. Galliani saying its because of the referee or the fiscal laws of Italy= excuses.
dst
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jul 2 2008, 06:07 AM)
Truthfully Ancelotti should not be the coach of Milan this season.

True but... not gonna happen.
vnata001
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jul 1 2008, 08:07 PM)
Truthfully Ancelotti should not be the coach of Milan this season. His team has gone down hill over the past 3 years and he gets that I can't believe it look. The same boring formula for another season. Without a top forward we will have the same tactical problems. Strikers sitting in the middle. No width. Double man cover Kaka. No goals= No wins. Galliani saying its because of the referee or the fiscal laws of Italy= excuses.

really? to me that is a very skeptical take. i think we most definitely will have width. it's going to be quite different with ronaldinho in our line up, because he is very pacy as well.

Here's my take. At barca his freedom to go on bombarding runs like he used to declined when Barca overhauled their roster with other pacy players that were good at running, but not as good at ronaldinho at releasing players on runs (messi, bojan, eto'o, TT14). Dinho's role became one of passing playmaker, not scoring.

Now with Seedorf and Pirlo, i see Dinho and Kaka essentially having the green light to collect the ball wherever they want..and work with each other in the final third. They can release eachother..play it back for pirlo and seedorf to release them with their precision long ball ability..or use eachother to release pato/borriello. (ALSO, as much as i F'ing love Rino, our new boy Matheui brings all the hustle and heart Rino brings, is younger/quicker, and also possesses a passing and shooting dimension that Rino never brought..)

What i see as KEY to our formation working is that we have a capable hitman that is on the same page as dinho and kaka, and makes the intelligent runs at the opportune times. This is where i think a Drogba signing would be absolutely perfect. His experience and instincts are the best theyll ever be in his career..

(this is all assuming that we are going to employ the christmas tree, which isn't a bad thing when we have the right players for it)

either way, whether its marco or didier in front of the brazillians i think we will have a devastating all round game. pacy enough on the counter..and by far skilled, quick, and precise enough for a slow possession build up. Don't forget/underestimate the intelligence and dimension of creativity that zambrotta will be able to give us..he also will contribute to increased width. Ronaldinho is a master at using the overlapping run.

Ronaldinho and Kaka in the same lineup? that really, truly is dream stuff. 2 of the worlds 4 best players on the same team. haha!
jbryant1
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Jul 2 2008, 07:47 AM)
really? to me that is a very skeptical take. i think we most definitely will have width. it's going to be quite different with ronaldinho in our line up, because he is very pacy as well.

Here's my take. At barca his freedom to go on bombarding runs like he used to declined when Barca overhauled their roster with other pacy players that were good at running, but not as good at ronaldinho at releasing players on runs (messi, bojan, eto'o, TT14). Dinho's role became one of passing playmaker, not scoring.

Now with Seedorf and Pirlo,  i see Dinho and Kaka essentially having the green light to collect the ball wherever they want..and work with each other in the final third. They can release eachother..play it back for pirlo and seedorf to release them with their precision long ball ability..or use eachother to release pato/borriello. (ALSO, as much as i F'ing love Rino, our new boy Matheui brings all the hustle and heart Rino brings, is younger/quicker, and also possesses a passing and shooting dimension that Rino never brought..)

What i see as KEY to our formation working is that we have a capable hitman that is on the same page as dinho and kaka, and makes the intelligent runs at the opportune times. This is where i think a Drogba signing would be absolutely perfect. His experience and instincts are the best theyll ever be in his career..

(this is all assuming that we are going to employ the christmas tree, which isn't a bad thing when we have the right players for it)

either way, whether its marco or didier in front of the brazillians i think we will have a devastating all round game. pacy enough on the counter..and by far skilled, quick, and precise enough for a slow possession build up. Don't forget/underestimate the intelligence and dimension of creativity that zambrotta will be able to give us..he also will contribute to increased width. Ronaldinho is a master at using the overlapping run.

Ronaldinho and Kaka in the same lineup? that really, truly is dream stuff. 2 of the worlds 4 best players on the same team. haha!

The first thing is the assumption that we will get Ronaldinho. I am a little skeptical. I remember 2 years ago people talking about Ronaldinho at Milan and have heard this over this time on this forum. He hasn't come.

Lets face the facts in the modern game of soccer no club is going to sell their top players for nothing. Ronaldinho still sells tickets and merchandise there is a greater strategy with him than just playing. Its the issue of Galliani paying up. The team needs to spend big to get back into contention. Barcelona splashed for some big names, why would they give up Ronaldinho for nothing.

Galliani is a fool for coming out stating Ade or nothing. Ronaldinho or nothing. If Im Barca or Arsenal Im going to High Ball the hell out it- 40 million euros. Milans desperate if they want them they will pay.

Look at Inter right now.. They didn't cry about fiscal laws. They got Mourinho. They got Deco, possibly Lampard, and Quaresma. They are going to win again.

We did get Zambrotta and Flamini, Flamini being the transfer of the summer. But still its questionable what his role will be.

Personally I think Ronaldinho would find his form in a Milan jersey and I would relish the opportunity to see Kaka, Pato, and Ronaldinho playing together.

The key is the lose of Scheva and not filling the void. Get a top forward and we will be one of the best again. Gilardino is gone, thank god, I had been saying for years he should go
Devillito
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jul 3 2008, 11:39 AM)
Look at Inter right now.. They didn't cry about fiscal laws. They got Mourinho. They got Deco, possibly Lampard, and Quaresma. They are going to win again.

He's a chelsea player.
I think all of us agreed that Galliani is a lying SOB
so dont take his words seriously.
I'd rather lay silent than debate this Galianni BS stuffs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.