Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galliani proud of Milan!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
mishie
Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has defended the Rossoneri’s last two seasons. “I wouldn’t swap them.”

The Diavolo faithful were plunged into a pit of despair when their side failed to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

However, Galliani is refusing to let the prospect of playing in the UEFA Cup next year get him down.

“I wouldn’t exchange the last two years with anyone,” he claimed. “I wouldn’t swap two Scudetti for the Champions League, the World Club Cup and the European Super Cup.

“Even if last season went a bit awry, we brought home trophies that our rivals don’t even know the value of.”

“The objective for next year is to return to the top in Italy and European competition is of secondary importance.

“As a warning to anyone who hasn’t been on form for the last two years, this can’t happen this time around – we have to try and win the title.

“Reinforcements? Don’t worry, Milan will have a very competitive squad,” he concluded.

channel4.com
I_Rossoneri
Galliani is the master of BS wink.gif
Ry4n
we shall see when the transfer window closes !!
Habitant
is it that hard to say "yes there will be reinforcements"? but of course it's galliani and he's not going to say "minimal tranfsers will be made".

i'm sure everyone is scared of being benched, it's only taken 2 years for the warning to come. we'll only have to wait till next summer to get replacements for them.
kurtsimonw
He wouldn't swap this season.. What the hell is wrong with him!? He's actually admitting the he enjoys failing! Maybe last season was okay as we won the European Cup, but we did F all this year.
mishie
i think he means the European super cup and the World Club Cup as things he wouldn't swap, so i can take what he's saying that are Coppa Italia side will also be are UEFA cup side to!
morgoth
The fact that Milan is the first european club to win the WCW is something I don't want to swap! king.gif
Warchant
i kind of agree with him...inter have won 2 scudetto...we've won the CL, CWC and Super Cup

not too shabby.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 30 2008, 10:09 PM)
i kind of agree with him...inter have won 2 scudetto...we've won the CL, CWC and Super Cup

not too shabby.

Yes .. Plus, you would actually need to understand the philosophy of the management to understand how important the SC and CWC are to the status of the club.
Zed.D
I don't like it when he mocks other clubs... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.