Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dida To Stay At Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2
fresh_prince7
Dida To Stay At Milan

AC Milan keeper Dida will continue representing the Rossoneri, despite rumours suggesting a return to his homeland...

The Brazilian shot-stopper has been linked with the exit door at San Siro, with AC Milan reportedly interested in releasing the 34-year-old on a free transfer.

Dida fell out of favour at the Serie A side this season, and it was suggested that he would return to his former club, Cruzeiro.

However, Leonardo Araújo, a former AC Milan player actively involved in recruiting players in Brazil for the club, has indicated that Dida will stay with the club.

"Dida won't leave. He will stay at Milan," Leonardo said.

On AC Milan's negotiations to capture Barcelona's Ronaldinho, Leonardo added: "The case of Ronaldinho Gaúcho has no news. The situation got harder. Barcelona are asking too much, but everything is still open."

Ronaldo's Fortune

Although Ronaldo, who is currently in Brazil recovering from a season-ending injury to his knee, has said that he will not remain in the Italian club, Leonardo stated that AC Milan are interested in extending El Fenómeno's contract.

"First of all, we have not had any contact with Ronaldo. His relationship with the club is very good. He has his position, but his main concern now is to recover.

"Ronaldo's moment is to recover. His renewal is possible, but everyone has to want that."

Meanwhile, Leonardo guaranteed that AC Milan star Kaká will not represent Brazil during the Olympic Games this summer.

"Players aged over 23 will not be allowed to play. There were contacts between Milan and CBF. There is a deal to not allow Kaká to play in a competition that is not ruled by FIFA," he concluded.

Luís Mira

I guess there goes the new GK, what a bloody joke. dry.gif
han2503
Dida will be like a new signing for us next season wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 30 2008, 02:56 PM)
Dida will be like a new signing for us next season  wink.gif

biggrin.gif if our new GK is Abbiati, then it is fine by me. Dida can stay #1 and even play regularly!
fresh_prince7
I wouldn't feel confident with all three of em standing in the net. dry.gif
han2503
QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ May 30 2008, 11:35 AM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ May 30 2008, 11:35 AM)

+ 1

If our GK situation stays like that, i will have no confidence in that area
arivanjj
i'm happy if he stays smile.gif goodheart.gif

**i guess i should start walking!, ey?**
Fillipo Simone
One question - who was the last Milan-keeper-legend/big-name/star?
m1ke
Probably Rossi.
m1ke
Although at one point, Dida was considered one of the best in the World by most people. I still think he's capable of making some 'World Class' saves, but he doesn't seem confident any more (even after several chances).
mishie
Abbiati is off to Palermo and Storai is staying at Cagliari so it leaves us in the same position as last season with Dida, Kalac and Fiori as the 3 keepers...not good enough IMO bt we'll see i think Kalac will go and Dida may end up our No.2 keeper
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ May 30 2008, 02:41 PM)
Abbiati is off to Palermo and Storai is staying at Cagliari so it leaves us in the same position as last season with Dida, Kalac and Fiori as the 3 keepers...not good enough IMO bt we'll see i think Kalac will go and Dida may end up our No.2 keeper

You sure about the Abbati situation, because at first it seemed that way but now it's looking more likely that he will be back

As for Dida, I don't think he will accept another season as being second choice and personally I can't see Kalac leaving, so basically we'll end up with the same keepers we had last season
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (m1ke @ May 30 2008, 03:35 PM)
Probably Rossi.

Rossi? Hmh, maybe he's some kind of homie-legend, but, in real terms...

Probably Albertosi or Buffon. See what I mean?
mishie
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 30 2008, 02:51 PM)
You sure about the Abbati situation, because at first it seemed that way but now it's looking more likely that he will be back

As for Dida, I don't think he will accept another season as being second choice and personally I can't see Kalac leaving, so basically we'll end up with the same keepers we had last season

his loan deal was for 2 seasons at At Madrid so if anything he will stay there the stumbling block is the compensation to Madrid from milan for ending the loan early but Abbiati wants to go to Palermo as for Dida a source told me he was told after the Udinese game he had no future at the club wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ May 30 2008, 02:57 PM)
his loan deal was for 2 seasons at At Madrid so if anything he will stay there the stumbling block is the compensation to Madrid from milan for ending the loan early but Abbiati wants to go to Palermo as for Dida a source told me he was told after the Udinese game he had no future at the club wink.gif

Well who knows what will happen if he goes to Palermo then it's good for us imo, because he's no longer the keeper he once was.

As for Dida, who knows what will happen, they might be saying that he's staying for now because they're trying to get a new keeper but trying as hard a possible to keep it under wraps, thus them saying that Abbiati can come back and Dida will stay to throw the media off
CrazyMilanFan
this abbati situation has changed again???
Warchant
why is it a step back if he stays? just because he's lost his confidence doesn't mean he can't be a good influence on any new keeper that comes in.

plus, us not making the CL this season has hurt us in getting a big name GK to come in.

honestly, if it took keeping Dida to pump out more money elsewhere in the team i would feel just fine.

plus, the article says nothing about him still being our #1
mishie
Abbiati deserves a chance to prove he is good enough and he is a decent keeper as for Dida i think he has problems mentally as a footballer..it seems he just isn't mentally strong enough anymore
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (mishie @ May 30 2008, 03:31 PM)
Abbiati deserves a chance to prove he is good enough and he is a decent keeper as for Dida i think he has problems mentally as a footballer..it seems he just isn't mentally strong enough anymore

Agreed. Dida cant handle playing at a top level anymore
Rossoneri7
Galliani said during the season, that next season the keepers will remain the same.

And in all honesty, I think the Gkeeping department is the last of Milan's worry. But I guess this whole scenario started here, when talk of Lloris was signing for Milan.
whoarethepatriots
Dida is too much of a liability and we are paying him too much to do nothing

Kalac is decent as a backup, same goes for Abbiati
milanista1899
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 30 2008, 04:27 PM)
why is it a step back if he stays? just because he's lost his confidence doesn't mean he can't be a good influence on any new keeper that comes in.

It does if we don't get a new keeper! ... something that is looking increasingly likely. sad.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (mishie @ May 30 2008, 04:31 PM)

I don't think he does, especially not for the no.1 spot. IMO he hasn't been good enough for milan since '99 when he came in for Rossi & had a great 1st season. Agreed on Dida.
milanista1899
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 30 2008, 05:36 PM)
And in all honesty, I think the Gkeeping department is the last of Milan's worry.

I think the midfield is the last of our worries! With Flamini & probably a Primavera player coming back off loan, we'll be sorted there.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 30 2008, 05:36 PM)
Galliani said during the season, that next season the keepers will remain the same.

And in all honesty, I think the Gkeeping department is the last of Milan's worry. But I guess this whole scenario started here, when talk of Lloris was signing for Milan.

what!!! we have lost so many points becasue of keepers in the last 2 years
Bluesummers
please GTFO dida thank you.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 30 2008, 04:36 PM)

Many people on here including myself have been talking about Milan needing a new keeper even before the 06/07 season started. This is not something that has just come up because of the speculation regarding Lloris
han2503
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ May 30 2008, 04:57 PM)
I think the midfield is the last of our worries! With Flamini & probably a Primavera player coming back off loan, we'll be sorted there.

We still need smone that could give Pirlo time to rest when neccissary imo. I think these last few seasons prove that more then anything with the way he's been burned out due to the fact that the team can't play without him
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 30 2008, 03:27 PM)

Dida is the last person I'd want around any young keepers!
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (mishie @ May 30 2008, 03:31 PM)

All abbiatti deserves is to be kicked as far away from Milan as is possible, he's already proved he doesn't want to play for us, and, let's be fair, he's not even an improvement on Kalac wink.gif

Next season is starting to look even worse than this season sad.gif
mishie
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 30 2008, 06:42 PM)
Next season is starting to look even worse than this season sad.gif

behave!! tongue.gif
plenty of time and i like what i hear from Milan so far so let's see if they back it up
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (mishie @ May 30 2008, 06:45 PM)
behave!! tongue.gif
plenty of time and i like what i hear from Milan so far so let's see if they back it up

I was starting to get positive when we signed Flamini, but we just went and spoilt it all by bringing abbiatti back mad.gif

Borriello isn't much better either.
Warchant
man, i hope kaka's form never dips off for 2 years...you guys would get rid of him the next day
Jack Sparrow
^^^

biggrin.gif
You know it dude. Hell...I think he's been a failure this season...bench him. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 30 2008, 07:11 PM)
man, i hope kaka's form never dips off for 2 years...you guys would get rid of him the next day

Ironically Kaka has had a bad season this season yet no one said much wink.gif

Dida is error prone and is not good enough anymore.

Fact.
Jack Sparrow
^^

Say it right I_Ross....

Dida is error prone......

FACT. tongue.gif

I was kidding about Kaka though. unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
If Madrid offered us more than £10m for kaka' I'd bite their hand off, he's been a waste of time.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2008, 08:07 PM)
If Madrid offered us more than £10m for kaka' I'd bite their hand off, he's been a waste of time.

Eh? blink.gif

I can't believe what I'm reading! ohmy.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 30 2008, 08:12 PM)
Eh? blink.gif

I can't believe what I'm reading! ohmy.gif

It was a joke! tongue.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2008, 08:15 PM)
It was a joke!  tongue.gif

Thank F for that wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 30 2008, 10:41 PM)

Some people on this forum would be happy to see Milan offload Kaka...
Habitant
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 30 2008, 08:24 PM)
Some people on this forum would be happy to see Milan offload Kaka...

rrrrrright..... unsure.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Habitant @ May 30 2008, 11:58 PM)
rrrrrright.....  unsure.gif

They know who they are wink.gif
mishie
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 30 2008, 08:31 PM)
They know who they are  wink.gif

who damn you who???? tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 30 2008, 08:31 PM)
They know who they are  wink.gif

Don;t think anyone would want to see Kaka go. He's the only real suprstar we have left on the team no to mention all he has done for Milan these last 2 seasons after Sheva left with having the entire burden of carrying the team on his own
Jack Sparrow
Y'all just hate Ronaldinho coz he's black... tongue.gif

Kidding...I swear to god. I like Kaka. I don't love him like I did Sheva a few years back. I mean he doesn't make my heart stop. I just clap my hands and say Bravo....

I don't really want him out at all. Maybe if we were offered a 120 million pounds, I'd consider it.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 30 2008, 08:40 PM)
Don;t think anyone would want to see Kaka go. He's the only real suprstar we have left on the team no to mention all he has done for Milan these last 2 seasons after Sheva left with having the entire burden of carrying the team on his own

Total concurrence from me cool.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (mishie @ May 31 2008, 12:09 AM)
who damn you who???? tongue.gif

I can't name.

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 31 2008, 12:10 AM)

Believe me, some wouldn't mind...

Let's forget it. sleep.gif I've seen enough insults these days... don't want to be the starter of another argument.
mishie
you can't name them!?!?!?!?!
why you ********** (only teasing) can't omagine anyone wanting him to loeave but in these crazy days we are enduring at the mo who knows laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 30 2008, 08:50 PM)
Y'all just hate Ronaldinho coz he's black... tongue.gif
Kidding...I swear to god. I like Kaka. I don't love him like I did Sheva a few years back. I mean he doesn't make my heart stop. I just clap my hands and say Bravo....

I don't really want him out at all. Maybe if we were offered a 120 million pounds, I'd consider it.

I know how you feel about Kaka jack and it isn't some sort of crime some people feel a certain pull towards one player and others towards another.

But personally I wouldn't sell Kaka for any sum that could be offered. To people who don't really know much about football ask them what's the first thing they think about when you say Milan 95% of them say Kaka. To me that's a true symbol of the club, and maybe he hasn't reached sheva's heights inyour eyes but I think give hima couple more years and he will surpass that

Paolo was the symbol of Milan during a time (he is still a symbol, but more in that legendary sort of meaning rather then as a player that is as influential as he once was, if you get what I'm trying to say) Sheva was a symbol of another time and Kaka is a symbol of this current time imo. I have my favourites of the past as well (MVB) and in my eyes Kaka hasn't reached him either but still in my eyes he is the symbol of the current Milan and wouldn;t sell him for any price
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.