Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Umit Davala Dreams Of Coaching Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Fillipo Simone
Umit Davala Dreams Of Coaching Milan

Turkey Under-21 boss Umit Davala has revealed that he one day dreams of coaching his former team AC Milan.

Davala had a successful playing career, and spent one season at AC Milan in 2001/02, before then signing for Inter, where he barely featured in the next two years.

Since retiring from professional football in 2006, Davala last year began his coaching career and was appointed as boss of the Turkey Under-21 national team.

He is currently at the Toulon Tournament where Turkey were eliminated in the same group as Italy, having lost 2-1 to the Azzurri, and then being thrashed 4-0 by the Ivory Coast yesterday.

In an interview with the Corriere dello Sport, the 35-year-old Davala has revealed that he dreams of returning to San Siro one day to coach his old team Milan.

"Given that it costs nothing to dream, I hope to coach AC Milan one day, why not?,” he declared, hoping to follow in the footsteps of Turkey manager Fatih Terim, who was briefly in charge of the Rossoneri in 2001.

"Of course I realize that I am very young and that the road ahead is long, but who doesn’t get nostalgic.

“Milan has remained in my heart a great deal,” he concluded.

I hope our scouts are on that tournament as well. In the past, many big names shined there,...

In fact, it's more usefull to scout and hire players from tournaments like the one in Toulon then the real big, European championships for ex.
Bluesummers
sorry bud, but you should give up now umit. Milan will only look for the best and they will not look further past me.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 28 2008, 12:00 AM)
sorry bud, but you should give up now umit.  Milan will only look for the best and they will not look further past me.

biggrin.gif

If that is the case, then start showing Galliani and Silvio some love tongue.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 27 2008, 03:03 PM)
biggrin.gif
If that is the case, then start showing Galliani and Silvio some love tongue.gif

galliani! never!!!! silvio all day baby all day!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.