Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan surge for Dossena
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Ry4n
Milan are considering the option of replacing the departing Serginho with Udinese full-back Andrea Dossena, according to reports.

The veteran Brazilian, 36, ended his Rossoneri career on Sunday after nine years with the outfit and the club are looking for a similar flying wing-back.

Dossena could be that man after his sensational campaign at the Friuli saw him win international recognition and the interest of Liverpool.

Some reports in Italy on Wednesday are suggesting that Milan sporting director Ariedo Braida has discussed the player with Udinese counterpart Pietro Leonardi.

Talks are set to continue between both parties, but the feeling is that an agreement could be imminent.

Udinese, who have a reputation for unearthing talents, signed the 26-year-old from Treviso in the summer of 2006.

Dossena, whose only previous club was Verona, will probably be replaced in Friuli by Paolo Castellini after Parma were relegated on Sunday.

Juventus and Roma have also been tentatively associated with the versatile Dossena.

Channel 4 News Football Italia

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may21h.html
Tennie
Looks like Channel 4 got this one from Mediaset, which is running an article saying....pretty much exactly the same thing.

We do need another fullback. Works for me!
dst
I'm not sure he's so special... I think Castellini is better.
whoarethepatriots
Dossena is good, i like him. Also Maggio must be bought, then Cafu and Sergio will be replaced.

I would like our young FB recalled from Empoli or is it Parma (Antonelli or Antonini?) to replace Favalli

Get back Sammarco, as DM backup release Brocchi and we are looking good
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ May 21 2008, 12:26 PM)
I'm not sure he's so special... I think Castellini is better.

Castellini from Samp?

Dossena is good, i like him. Also Maggio must be bought, then Cafu and Sergio will be replaced

Pace, good crossing, intelligent movement and shots/goals from time-to-time. That's what we need to replace Sergio or Cafu. Do Maggio or Dossena have that kind of qualities? I'm not so sure. On the other hand...Srna, Dani Alves and some other surely have it in.
Ry4n
i thought they were talking about Daniele DESSENA lol i hope we get him to lol
morgoth
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ May 21 2008, 03:24 PM)
i thought they were talking about Daniele DESSENA lol i hope we get him to lol

No, Dessena is Parma's DM and Dossena is Udinese's WB.
CrazyMilanFan
dossena had a gud seaon for udinese I dont think can be picked as our number one and consdiering that he is 26 i think we should look at some other players
whoarethepatriots
Maggio's crossing isnt upto Cafu's standards (yet) but is pretty good (better than Oddo's!), he has the ability to shoot, (Goal against Genoa in the Genoese Derby) is pacy and pretty decent in defence
hatebreeder.nick
He cant b our replacement for a player like Cafu.. We deserve sum1 beter!!.. Zambrotta will b a gr8 replacemnt smile.gif .. Although m being over ambitious bt Milan need 2 mak d moves!. We need a gud first team b4 we can even look at Dossena. He can b a veru gud sub, sum1 who cn cum in after 75 n rev up d flanks!!
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 21 2008, 05:13 PM)
Castellini from Samp?

No, Parma's Castellini.

Alves would be amazing. But I think he prefers the EPL. Plus, Milan don't have CL football for next season which is a minus.

We should get Srna!
I_Rossoneri
The papers over here are reporting that liverfool are interested in Dossena as well.
Darunia
They link Liverpool to every fullback.. that's what happens when you got Arbeloa/Carragher playing RB
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Darunia @ May 22 2008, 10:00 PM)
They link Liverpool to every fullback.. that's what happens when you got Arbeloa/Carragher playing RB

laugh.gif

Yeah it came from an unreliable english newspaper (daily star or something) i dont believe it
amancik

Full name Andrea Dossena
Date of birth 11 September 1981 (1981-09-11) (age 26)
Place of birth Lodi, Italy
Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Playing position Left back

Andrea began his career at Hellas Verona F.C. as a youth player before playing 4 seasons in their senior squad.

Udinese signed him in 2005, but farmed him to Treviso F.B.C. 1993 for a year, Andrea moved back to Udinese for the start of the 2006/2007 Serie A season.

In October 2007, Dossena, Cristian Zapata, Roman Eremenko and Simone Pepe were awarded a new contract until June 2012.

He made his first and so far only appearance for Italy in a friendly against South Africa on 17 October 2007.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.