Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Rossoneri7
Let us all hope for a fruitful transfer campaign and then, I think the merda have had enough fun already, it's time to take business into our own hands devil.gif
Jack Sparrow
Haven't you heard? Silvio is PM again. biggrin.gif Let the good times roll. biggrin.gif

Oh, you think Silvio will do to Moratti what Putin did to Abramovich? wink.gif biggrin.gif

Milan to finish in the top 3 for sure. Beyond that it'll depend on the impact our transfers make.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 19 2008, 10:06 PM)
Oh, you think Silvio will do to Moratti what Putin did to Abramovich? wink.gif biggrin.gif

ahahah ... I doubt it .. it's a whole different ball game in Italia
kurtsimonw
1. Inter
2. Juve
3. Milan
4. Roma

My prediction for the top 4 pre-transfer window. And it will take ALOT to move any higher. We are light years behind Inter at the moment and t will take lots of top transfers for us to even get close to them in my opinion.
Zed.D
No matter how pessimistic I am sometimes, I think we have a great chance of winning the Scudetto, even if we don't do the best we can in the transfer market.
kurtsimonw
Frank Lampard transfer claims stun Chelsea

Chelsea's preparations for the Champions League final were disrupted yesterday by reports from Italy that Frank Lampard would quit the club after the game to take up a four-year contract with Inter Milan. Confirmation from Uefa that Lubos Michel, the referee who allowed Luis García's infamous “ghost goal” in the semi-final defeat by Liverpool three years ago, will be in charge against Manchester United tomorrow evening provided a further source of irritation.

Senior officials at Chelsea reacted with surprise and anger that fresh speculation about Lampard, 29, had surfaced just 48 hours before the biggest match in the club's history and Peter Kenyon, the chief executive, placed an immediate call to Roman Abramovich, the owner, to ensure that no deal had taken place without his knowledge. An investigation has been launched to discover whether an agent is falsely claiming to represent Chelsea in transfer business, so strong was the word from Milan that a transfer was on the verge of completion.

Sources in Milan were happy to provide details of a salary - approximately £5.8 million a year - and a length of contract for the Lampard transfer, yet Chelsea claimed that there had been no contact between the clubs, while Steve Kutner, the England midfield player's agent, insisted that no decision would be made on his future until later in the summer, after talks with Chelsea.

Lampard's contract has one year to run and it may be that if he cannot reach agreement on an extended deal, he will be sold rather than allowed to leave on a free transfer, but Kutner said that word of an imminent move to Milan was wrong.

“There is no truth in it at all,” Kutner said. “I don't know why Inter Milan would think this. Nobody has talked to me and I am good friends with the owner, Massimo Moratti. I took Paul Ince there, I took Patrick Vieira there - if there was something on I am sure I would know.

“The situation is that Frank has got a massive match on Wednesday, after which he needs to spend time with his family, because he has not had a real opportunity to do that since his mother died. He needs to get away and sort out his personal life and when he has done that we will sit down and talk about his future in football.

“After that we will talk to Chelsea and that is as far as we have got - there is nothing in the pipeline and I don't know why this has surfaced now.”

The speculation could not have come at a worse time for Chelsea, with so much uncertainty around important players going into the club's first Champions League final. Didier Drogba is a target for AC Milan and there is still no final word on whether Avram Grant, the first-team coach, will be in charge next season.

Lampard's departure seemed a perfect fit with increasing indications that he would be reunited with José Mourinho, Grant's predecessor, if he went to Inter. Mourinho expects to open talks with Moratti next week and is favoured to replace Roberto Mancini as coach. Although preliminary terms have not been agreed, his appointment is increasingly regarded as a matter of when, rather than if.

Chelsea reacted with stoicism to Michel's appointment, though there is little doubt that they would have preferred another referee, for superstitious reasons if nothing else. Chelsea have not won a match officiated by the Slovak, who also took charge of their 1-0 defeat to Werder Bremen in last season's group stage.

Chelsea will train at the Luzhniki Stadium this evening, with the final place in their starting XI still up for grabs. It is a straight fight between Florent Malouda and Salomon Kalou. Grant is leaning towards picking Malouda for his greater experience - the France winger has started all Chelsea's Champions League away matches this season - though a final decision could be delayed until tomorrow afternoon.

Times Online

I don't see this happening personally. But he and Jose did get on well, so if Jose went to Inter..
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 19 2008, 10:59 PM)
I don't see this happening personally. But he and Jose did get on well, so if Jose went to Inter..

Italy would be great for Lampard. Pizza, ciabatta, pasta, lasagna, calzone...
Tennie
Could just be a plant job from the evil gremlins who live under Old Trafford, Kurt. smile.gif

The Italian press is talking a lot more about Mancini to Chelsea than any chelsea players going to Italy. Even the Drogba rumors have been mostly quiet the last few days other than Seedorf's comment this morning. (oh, and Chelsea maybe bidding for Deco).

EDIT: something Porty left off the list: CANNOLI.
morgoth
My prediction for next season

1-Milan
2-merda
3-zebras
4-Fiorentina

Prandelli wants to build a squad that can play both in europe and serie A, and they'll probably buy 3/4 quality players for the next year, even if I believe they'll end up with us in the uefa sup I pretty sure they'll do very well in Serie A next season cool.gif

With the right mentality in the market Milan can be back on top again and I believe that the next season will be ours. Zambrotta, R10/Eto'o/Drogba, Flamini, a good GK and DC and will be back on track (if we can trade Oddo for another RB, it would be awesome).

The zebras should be concerned about their defence instead of buying stokers I think, it's their weakest department and they don't seem to care about it, or maybe they already have a plan and dont' want to talk about it ...

La merda on the other hand is already a complete team minus unity, wth a coach like Mourinho they could have that, but what would be worrying is the fact that they're chasing Eto'o, Eto'o and Ibrahimovic would be unstoppable, the Swede can end up in Madrid though ...

I think la Roma will be the flop of the next season, they sowed once again that they're not up to the task, they have few champions but it takes more than that to be a great team. They're in absolute of a strong striker and could challenge la Viola for Gilardino (they should), but I think that they'll be back to their usual self and fail next term.
Devillito
QUOTE (morgoth @ May 22 2008, 02:31 AM)
My prediction for next season
La merda on the other hand is already a complete team minus unity, wth a coach like Mourinho they could have that, but what would be worrying is the fact that they're chasing Eto'o, Eto'o and Ibrahimovic would be unstoppable, the Swede can end up in Madrid though ...

Indeed, that would be a terrible nightmare.
I dont even want to think about it. sad.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Devillito @ May 21 2008, 07:49 PM)
Indeed, that would be a terrible nightmare.
I dont even want to think about it.  sad.gif

Ibrahimovic + Eto'o.
Ibrahimovic + Drogba.

Even Ibra + Adriano (a 100% and motivated one, under Mourinho) would be a nightmare for any defense.
morgoth
QUOTE (Porty @ May 21 2008, 09:47 PM)
Ibrahimovic + Eto'o.
Ibrahimovic + Drogba.

Even Ibra + Adriano (a 100% and motivated one, under Mourinho) would be a nightmare for any defense.

The thing is that Ibra & Eto'o are more complementary, so it would be more devastating.
Devillito
QUOTE (Porty @ May 22 2008, 04:47 AM)
Ibrahimovic + Eto'o.
Ibrahimovic + Drogba.

mad.gif
Stop messing with me head!!
Stay Mancini stay!!
dst
I can't but be biased... of course I believe we'll be fighting for the scudetto next season... if I didn't I would be sad...

QUOTE (Porty @ May 20 2008, 01:39 AM)
Italy would be great for Lampard. Pizza, ciabatta, pasta, lasagna, calzone...

laugh.gif

It's be interesting to see some English in Serie A. Let them get Lampard and we'll go snatch Gerrard. biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 05:03 AM)
I can't but be biased... of course I believe we'll be fighting for the scudetto next season... if I didn't I would be sad...
laugh.gif

It's be interesting to see some English in Serie A. Let them get Lampard and we'll go snatch Gerrard. biggrin.gif

I thought you hated liverfool and all its playerS?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 24 2008, 03:44 PM)

If we bought him, he'd no longer be a Liverpool player though. tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 24 2008, 06:44 PM)

If Gerrard left Liverpool the scousers would be unhappy... and that makes me happy! smile.gif biggrin.gif
Portman
Zanetti 'Futuro Mancini? Non si sa'
23:03 del 24 maggio

Roberto Mancini continua con il silenzio. Nel dopo partita è capitan Zanetti, ai microfoni della Rai, a parlare a nome dell'Inter. "Abbiamo fatto una buona partita. Abbiamo fatto quello che potevamo con una grande squadra come la Roma. Partita corretta, grande serata di sport. Siamo molto contenti di aver vinto il campionato". Poi la domanda sul futuro di Mancini. "Se resta? Non si sa. Ha fatto un grande lavoro, deve parlare con Moratti".

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=28&a=82370

laugh.gif

Their captain doesn't know if Mancini stays. laugh.gif

OF COURSE HE KNOWS MOURINHO IS ABOUT TO SIGN. FFS.
Zed.D
Now that we will have only the Scudetto to play for next season, it's interesting to see whether Carlo can beat Mourinho's Inter for the league title, even when they're fighting on three fronts.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 25 2008, 11:52 AM)
Now that we will have only the Scudetto to play for next season, it's interesting to see whether Carlo can beat Mourinho's Inter for the league title, even when they're fighting on three fronts.

Mourinho hasn't been confirmed yet .. And when he is confirmed for la merda, he needs to build the team for it to be his tongue.gif

No, I think Carlo along with the board will be all out on the Scudetto next season. I also think Milan will target the Uefa cup, too, for obvious reasons biggrin.gif

This coming season, I believe it will be a beautiful championship, if Milan, Juve, Roma, Lazio, Napoli (finishing 8th after just being promoted, very good team plus history), and Fiorentina bolster their respective squads ... It will be one hell of a tussle from start to finish !
morgoth
Honestly, at first when Fester came out and said that he'll bring 6/7 new players and all the fuss around Milan's transfer market, I thought we'd really make some great signings, but now with Lloris who's probably going to Lyon and the fact that we don't seem to find an agreement with Barça about their players fast enough, I'm losing hope about the scudetto sad.gif

I mean last year when Bayern knew that they wont make the CL, they started buying player very fast and they didn't wait time on negotiation like we are doing now, they knew what they wanted and they went for it, simple as that. Of course one can argue that Milan have still time, plus the fact that R10 wants Milan or nothing for example can lead the management to take their time, the problem is that people can change their opinion very fast (especially the likes of R10) and we're not alone in the market. Seriously, when you see that Wolfsburg bought Zaccardo and will probably snatch Barzagli (two world champions), no offence but where the hell is Milan? It's not because we don't like la merda president that we won't bid for his players ...

I hope this sensation I have about next years league is just something due to a bad day and we'll finally get what we all want here, winning the 2008/2009 scudetto.
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 25 2008, 01:52 PM)

I beg to differ with that statement. laugh.gif I believe we'll fight on both fronts next season, the League and the UEFA Cup. Maybe even win the UEFA Cup, if everything goes well in between now and then. It's the B grade of Europe, and can't we beat those teams? Plus, winning the Cup will at least add to our rankings in Europe and with UEFA, and add another international trophy to our cabinet. I want the gap between us and Boca Juniors increase as much as possible, as soon as possible.

It may not be our priority next season - the Scudetto will be - but don't for a moment think Milan will take Europe lightly. No, sir. devil.gif
morgoth
Alcuni media milanesi hanno raccontato nelle ultime ore di un Alexandre Pato dedito alla "vita notturna" meneghina, per cui avrebbe anche rotto il suo fidanzamento con l'attrice diciottenne Stephany Brito: la smentita a queste voci, a quanto pare poco informate, viene dal Brasile, dove il numero 7 rossonero è stato immortalato in compagnia della sua dolce metà sugli spalti del Maracana per assistere a Flamengo-Internacional (foto). Vengono a cadere dunque pettegolezzi secondo cui sulla vita privata della stellina brasiliana il Milan stesso avesse iniziato a porsi qualche quesito, motivo per cui Ancelotti avrebbe relegato in panchina Pato negli ultimi match di campionato.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Apparently our little Pato is following the foot steps of his idol laugh.gif
Now I absolutely don't want R10 to be near Pato puke.gif
Wasn't Kaka supposed to look after him? unsure.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (morgoth @ May 27 2008, 12:38 PM)
ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

Apparently our little Pato is following the foot steps of his idol laugh.gif
Now I absolutely don't want R10 to be near Pato puke.gif
Wasn't Kaka supposed to look after him? unsure.gif

could you translate that please biggrin.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 27 2008, 07:48 PM)
could you translate that please biggrin.gif

Some media have told Milan in the last hour of a Alexandre Pato dedicated to "nightlife" meneghina, which would also broke his engagement with the actress eighteen Stephany Brito: refutation to these voices, it seems much awareness, comes from Brazil, where the number 7 rossonero was immortalized in the company of his sweetie on the sidelines of Maracana to attend Flamengo-Internacional (photo). They are to fall so that gossip on the private life of Brazilian star Milan itself had begun to ask some question why Ancelotti was relegated to the bench Pato in the last match of the championship.

Google translator biggrin.gif
dst
Some media have told Milan in the last hour of a Alexandre Pato

Could it be our own Alexander Pato!?? unsure.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^

Don't know of any other Pato who goes around with a Stephany Brito. I still don't know what that means though...the paragraph.
Tennie
Basically, the rumor's been going around Milan that our litle Duckling has become quite the party animal and that THIS led not only to Sthefany breaking up with him but also to his not starting the last few games of the season. The rumors are being questioned in part, though, because the Duckling + Sthefany were seen at the Maracana during the Flamengo=Internacional game.
morgoth
ouh, you uys are so slow to understand! Thank God there's a girl in this forum tongue.gif biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (morgoth @ May 27 2008, 10:55 PM)
ouh, you uys are so slow to understand! Thank God there's a girl in this forum  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif

dry.gif

I'm still not convinced it's our Pato! I mean... the translator said a Pato... in general! There are ducks elsewhere!

Anyway... if this is true then I'm disappointed. Utterly disappointed. I wish he gets married with his girl as soon as possible!
kurtsimonw
The wonders of having Ronaldo on your team..
morgoth
QUOTE (dst @ May 27 2008, 09:01 PM)
dry.gif

I'm still not convinced it's our Pato! I mean... the translator said a Pato... in general! There are ducks elsewhere!

Anyway... if this is true then I'm disappointed. Utterly disappointed. I wish he gets married with his girl as soon as possible!

laugh.gif Yes the article says "un pato" but it's like you say "uno grande Milan" the translation is "a great Milan" or "a Milan of great nights" but it doesn't mean that there's another Milan biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (morgoth @ May 28 2008, 02:07 AM)
laugh.gif Yes the article says "un pato" but it's like you say "uno grande Milan" the translation is "a great Milan" or "a Milan of great nights" but it doesn't mean that there's another Milan biggrin.gif

You realize I was joking right? biggrin.gif unsure.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (dst @ May 28 2008, 09:18 AM)
You realize I was joking right? biggrin.gif  unsure.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm so stupid unsure.gif dry.gif

Interesting article on la Gazzetta and pretty easy to understand, the tops, the surprises and the folps of the season.

TOP 15: I MIGLIORI - Ecco le proposte: 15 nomi che hanno lasciato il segno più di altri nella stagione del calcio internazionale. Ve li proponiamo in ordine alfabetico.
Aguero (Atletico Madrid): "El Kun" non ha più bisogno di dimostrare nulla. E' un campione e gioca come tale: 19 gol nella Liga e una leadership impensabile per un ragazzo classe '88.
Benzema (Lione): insieme a Ben Arfa, è il tesoro che il Lione ha fatto crescere in casa. Miglior marcatore della Ligue 1 e nuova stella della nazionale francese.
Casillas (Real Madrid): sempre troppo sottovalutato, non sbaglia mai e a volte fa miracoli. Si parla sempre di Buffon e Cech, ma Iker è tra i segreti del Real Madrid che vince.
Del Piero (Juventus): se il suo campionato da capocannoniere non vi ha stupito, vi facciamo i complimenti. Stagione da incorniciare per Ale, gli anni per lui sembrano non passare.
Fabregas (Arsenal): ha chiuso la stagione in leggero calo e paga un po' il fatto che l'Arsenal non abbia vinto nulla. Giustiziere del Milan in Champions, almeno fino a marzo ha dato spettacolo.
Gomez (Stoccarda): Mario è pronto per una grande squadra. Prontissimo. Nonostante lo Stoccarda non abbia ripetuto l'impresa dell'annata 2006-07, Gomez ha segnato gol a grappoli.
Ibrahimovic (Inter): ha avuto un passaggio a vuoto (dovuto anche a guai fisici) nella seconda parte della stagione, ma è tornato decisivo nel momento più delicato, ragalando all'Inter lo scudetto.
Lampard (Chelsea): insieme a Drogba, resta l'unico realizzatore affidabile dei Blues. Solo che Frank gioca a centrocampo... Ha reagito da campione e da grande uomo al lutto per la scomparsa della madre.
Messi (Barcellona): si è fatto preferire a Ronaldo nel duello diretto in semifinale di Champions, è stato uno dei pochi a salvarsi in un pessimo Barça. Se stesse sempre bene, non ce ne sarebbe per nessuno.
Nihat (Villarreal): il turco ha sempre dimostrato di vedere la porta, ma in questa stagione si è superato. I suoi 18 gol hanno portato il "sottomarino giallo" al secondo posto nella Liga. Che coppia con Giuseppe Rossi.
Raul (Real Madrid): quanto detto per Del Piero, vale anche per il capitano del Real. Punto fermo dell'attacco, bandiera dei blancos, è tornato a segnare tanto. Ma non ha convinto Aragones: a Euro 2008 non ci sarà.
Ribery (Bayern): "Non avrei mai creduto che fosse così forte". Parole e musica di Luca Toni, estasiato dalle doti dell'amico francese, vera anima del Bayern.
Ronaldo (Manchester Utd): 42 gol stagionali parlano da soli, soprattutto se a farli non è una punta. In rete anche in finale di Champions: ogni tanto ricade nel vizietto di eccedere, ma oggi è lui l'uomo che fa la differenza.
Toni (Bayern): top scorer della Bundesliga, immarcabile anche in Europa. Che spettacolo questo Toni, stella italiana all'estero con i suoi 39 gol stagionali. In Germania sono pazzi di lui.
Torres (Liverpool): solo Kevin Phillips ha fatto meglio dei suoi 24 gol nella stagione d'esordio in Premier League. "El Niño" ha conquistato Liverpool: è l'uomo che mancava all'attacco dei Reds.

TOP 15: LE SORPRESE - I 15 protagonisti inattesi della stagione, quelli che hanno stupito tutti.
Adebayor (Arsenal): l'eredità di Henry era pesante, "Ade" l'ha raccolta come meglio non si può. Gigante dai piedi buoni, ha incantato le platee di mezza Europa. Ma i Gunners non lo cederanno.
Balotelli (Inter): non ha ancora 18 anni, ma gioca con tanta tranquillità e autorevolezza da sembrare un veterano. Mancini, nella volata scudetto, si è affidato a lui per sostituire Ibra: impensabile a inizio anno.
Borriello (Genoa): da panchinaro fisso del Milan a stella del Genoa. La convocazione nella Nazionale azzurra è il giusto premio per un attaccante che ha dato una svolta alla sua carriera.
Cazorla (Villarreal): uno dei nomi meno conosciuti nella squadra rivelazione della Liga. Il suo lavoro di quantità e qualità a centrocampo è stato notato dal c.t. spagnolo Aragones, che l'ha voluto in nazionale.
Flamini (Arsenal): il neo-rossonero ha incantato con i Gunners, ma fino all'anno scorso non era nemmeno titolare. Ha tolto il posto a Gilberto Silva con una continuità di prestazioni notevolissima.
Güiza (Maiorca): Dani è stato il "pichichi" di questa Liga con 27 reti. Che fosse un attaccante in crescita lo si sapeva, ma che potesse volare fino alla chiamata in nazionale è una vera sorpresa.
Inler (Udinese): pilastro della squadra di Marino e della Svizzera di Kuhn, fino all'anno scorso era quasi sconosciuto. Ora è insostituibile, in questa serie A ha giocato più di 3000 minuti.
Krkic (Barcellona): Bojan è stanco, Bojan ha l'ansia... Bojan non andrà all'Europeo ed è difficile accertarne i motivi. Limitiamoci a parlare della stagione di questo ragazzino, in doppia cifra di gol nell'attacco sovraffollato del Barça.
Lell (Bayern): tutti aspettavano Jansen, invece il laterale destro del Bayern è stato quasi sempre Lell. Non prenderà molti voti, già lo sappiamo. Ma la nomination è un plauso alla solidità di questo giovane difensore.
Lloris (Nizza): il Milan lo segue e non è un mistero. Ma non è un mistero neppure il perché: chi ha visto qualche partita del Nizza, avrà notato la reattività di questo ragazzo dal futuro assicurato.
Luis Fabiano (Siviglia): finalmente, dopo tanto penare, O Fabuloso si è svegliato e ha disputato una stagione all'altezza delle sue qualità. Peccato che i suoi gol siano arrivati in un anno amaro per il Siviglia.
Maggio (Sampdoria): e chi se lo sarebbe aspettato? Sono 9 i gol in campionato per l'esterno blucerchiato, che a settembre non era nemmeno sicuro del posto da titolare.
Negredo (Almeria): cresciuto al Rayo Vallecano e transitato per il Real Madrid nella gestione Capello, "lo squalo" ha trascinato l'Almeria con 13 gol. Niente male, per una punta classe '85.
Oliveira (Saragozza): strano destino quello di Ricardo... Fantasma in una squadra di successo (il Milan 2006-07), protagonista con raffiche di gol in un club di insuccesso (il Saragozza di quest'anno).
Vargas (Catania): le scorribande sulla fascia sinistra e i 5 gol del peruviano non sono passate inosservate. Ora piace a tante squadre italiane ed europee. Quasi sicuramente lascerà la Sicilia per un top team.

FLOP 15: LE DELUSIONI - I 15 giocatori che sono andati ben al di sotto delle attese in questa stagione.
Aimar (Saragozza): la tecnica c'è sempre, ma non basta. Se il Saragozza è retrocesso non è tutta colpa di Pablito, ma lui è l'ombra del fuoriclasse ammirato ai tempi del Valencia.
Almiron (Juventus): al Monaco, club in cui si è accasato da gennaio, si è parzialmente ripreso. Ma l'argentino ha sprecato in bianconero la sua grande occasione. Saprà riscattarsi?
Bresciano (Palermo): stagione da dimenticare per l'italo-australiano, molto al di sotto del suo valore. Per tanti mesi è sembrato sul punto di essere ceduto e forse sarebbe stato meglio così: raramente titolare, mai decisivo.
D'Alessandro (Saragozza): si è segnalato soltanto per un litigio furioso con Aimar in allenamento. Poi è tornato in patria, al San Lorenzo. Talento puro, ma con molte cose da sistemare dal punto di vista caratteriale.
Dida (Milan): l'errore nel derby, la sceneggiata di Glasgow e altre dimostrazioni di scarsa affidabilità. Chi si aspettava un riscatto del portiere rossonero sarà rimasto deluso.
Emerson (Milan): in tutta la stagione, non ha praticamente mai trovato una condizione fisica accettabile. Avrebbe dovuto dare respiro ai titolari del centrocampo milanista, non ci è mai riuscito.
Gilardino (Milan): purtroppo, tra i rossoneri è andato male anche "Gila". Tante opportunità da titolare, poche risposte confortanti. Dovrebbe cambiare aria per ritrovare se stesso.
Henry (Barcellona): 12 gol nella Liga non sono un bottino disprezzabile, ma Thierry in questa stagione ha sempre giocato, rimanendo però l'ombra della stella applaudita all'Arsenal. Ha problemi personali e si vede.
Hildebrand (Valencia): non ha colpe maggiori rispetto ai compagni di squadra nel cammino a tratti imbarazzante di questo Valencia. Ma non è stato sempre all'altezza della situazione e ha perso il posto in nazionale.
Mikel (Chelsea): doveva essere la stagione della maturità, invece è stato rimandato. Quando il gioco si è fatto duro, Grant si è affidato al vecchio Makelele, perché il nigeriano spesso perde la testa.
Muslera (Lazio): ha costretto "nonno" Ballotta a fare gli straordinari, perché le papere di cui è stato protagonista l'uruguaiano hanno covinto Delio Rossi a limitarne le apparizioni.
Ronaldinho (Barcellona): è stato afflitto da parecchi problemi fisici, ma è evidente che non ha mai reso come la sua fama imporrebbe. Difficile capire la ragione: forse un calo di motivazioni, forse le sirene rossonere.
Stankovic (Inter): unica nota stonata nell'Inter scudettata. Ineccepibile dal punto di vista dell'impegno e della generosità, ma questo non è il Dejan che siamo abituati a vedere.
Tiago (Juventus): è un po' cresciuto nel finale di stagione, ma nel complesso dal portoghese ci si attendeva di più, perché la Juve ha investito molto su di lui. Forse avrà una chance di rifarsi l'anno prossimo.
Tristan (Livorno): a lungo abbiamo sperato che lo spagnolo tornasse ai fasti di quando giocava nel Deportivo. Non è accaduto e puntare su di lui è costato caro agli amaranto.
Rossoneri7
Serie A will commence on August 31st 2008 and end on the 31st of May 2009.

There will be 3 match days in teh following weeks: 24 Sept, 29 Oct, and 28 Jan.

The championship will also take a break for three weeks, so the NT can play the qualifiers for the WC 2010: 7 Sept, 12 Oct, 29 March. There will also be a Christmas break from the 21st of Dec till 11th Jan.
Rossoneri7
Mancini's ousting from internationale Milan has brought shock waves to those who would not even comprehend the idea, of them, Milan's 2nd captain, Massimo Ambrosini.

Massimo spoke from the Azzurri training camp: "I see that the ousting of Mancini is weird and a shock at the same time. He is a coach that had won in a brilliant fashion with inter in the past two seasons. But Football is unique in that it is filled with controversy and hypocracy. And we are lucky that such things never happen at Milan."

He continued, "I believe that the club's decision to keep Ancelotti on the bench, is a very smart one, and that is because it is almost impossible to imagine Milan without Ancelotti. There are these atmospheres that the coach brings into the dressing room."

Forza Massimo ! king.gif

Forza Milan !

Forza Ancelotti !
dst
I really want to see Fiorentina strengthen! The Gila acquisition is gold but they lost Ujfaluši who was great for them and also was their captain. I thought getting Barzagli would be more than a compensation for this loss but he's not going Germany...

We still have a long time though...

Also Lazio seem to have set their hopes high. And Roma, if they strengthen a bit they could become a real title contender, not end-of-the-season-when-Inter-lost-focus type of contenders! Plus... Inter had way too many injuries this season so one would expect Roma not to be fighting for it in the last match days...

I'm waiting to see what Juve have in plan too. It looks set to be an exciting campaign next season! smile.gif
kurtsimonw
You WANT to see Fiorentina strengthen!? Are you crazy, we could finish 5th again!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 29 2008, 12:56 AM)
You WANT to see Fiorentina strengthen!? Are you crazy, we could finish 5th again!

Of course I do. If we finish 5th then it would be our fault not Fiorentina's. Also, in my view, it's more satisfying when you achieve something knowing your opponents are strong: that's why I always play video games at Very Hard mode! biggrin.gif
Tennie
Interesting rumor making the rounds in Italy. Lega calcio is apparently talking about playing the Supercup (merda-Roma) in New York this year.

I'd make a trip up to see the game.
dst
!?? That would be interesting. But I think the Super Cup is just one week before the season kick-off, isn't it? I mean... would the teams agree with this?
Portman
I totally agree with it.

Once, there was a Portuguese Supercup in Paris. And it was a success.
morgoth
I still can't see what's the point of playing the super cup in another country where most of the supporters can't go ...

Oh, wait it's called merchandising right?!
kurtsimonw
Agreed, it's all money.

Why should the Inter and Roma fans who pay good money for season tickets have to miss the first cup of the season because fans in another country want to see them? Totally against it!
kurtsimonw
Not sure if it's been posted (or where to post it) but Ancelotti is now the favourite for the Chelsea job according to SSN.
Jack Sparrow
He won't go. Not till 2010, or after he's failed with club post heavy investment(whether it's this season or the next, I don't know).

There's just no way the club would have kept on a coach who finished 5th, unless they knew it wasn't his fault at all. In this case, they're right, he's been overachieving for 2 seasons, with a depleted squad. So now he's into his probation period, but the club shall invest some money. I think Carlo to keep his job, will need to win a trophy...either the UEFA cup and finish second in the league (not behind Inter), or the scudetto and enter the last 8/4 of the UEFA cup (depends on how much the club wants to make a statement). Of course he might even win the double, if given enough players. biggrin.gif

If he doesn't I think he will leave. Milan doesn't keep coaches for this long, never have. It was just that Carlo fit the club too well, and they had no excuses at all to remove him. But perhaps out of respect, they'll let him resign instead of terminating his contract.

And then out of respect Carlo will probably not coach in Italy again (unless it's for Roma or the Azzuri). Chelsea sounds good. It would be a match made in heaven.

1.Carlo's record against English sides.
2. His ability to do amazing stuff with world class players.
3. His football is usually good to watch. WIth Ten Cate as coach, it will be interesting.
4. Previous experience in dealing with ambitious owners. wink.gif
5. Unquestioned european pedigree.
6. He doesn't ask for a 100 million pounds every season, to win something.

It goes on and on.

As for Milan, I would think, one of either Frankie, Marco, or Franco will come in.

Rijkaard seems the favourite. Marco it will depend on how well he does between now and 2010/11. Baresi...I'm not sure. The last person we elevated from the youth team to coach the seniors on a permanent basis was Capello, and that worked out like a charm. Plus he's Italian.

This of course, assuming Milan do give a higher priority to have ex-players coach them.

You can't say though. Mourinho might have been fired again, coz Moratti is too dumb.
kurtsimonw
I think the problem with a guy like Ancelotti is that he just isn't a top league coach. And as far as I'm concerned, and what seems to b the general concensus, Premier League success is more fulfilling than winning the European Cup. Mainly because you're beating your rivals in the procces, and it's the product of hard work putt in over 8 months of football, rather than 13 games.

Just my opinion though. And also a reason I'm not a fan of Carlo, doing well in Europe means jack if you're gonna do nothing in the league.
Jack Sparrow
I understand your sentiments, but I have no doubt in my mind, that Carlo would easily easily win the EPL, if he were in a team with Chelsea with Abramovich's resources.

His team is built on passing, and making use of spaces in the mid-field. And the EPL is very conducive to space in the mid-field. The only exception to this rule was Mourinho's Chelsea, and Rafa's Liverpool. They're the only two sides that played 'European' football.

As for Ancellotti not winning. He was won the scudetto with us. And he did it very dominantly too. That season we also reached the semis of CL I think. But that was the last time, he ever had a proper squad. With cover everywhere. Since then, I don't think you can hold him accountable for the obvious deficiencies in the team ,and/or the targets fixed by the management.

You've already stated you wanted Mourinho. But the reason, I opposed is not that I don't like Mourinho. I would have loved for him to coach one of my other teams, like Valencia or Newcastle (not now, that we've got the greatest coach ever in Kevin Keegan), but...Mourinho would again, just fail miserably in this team.

He'd bench players?? He'd bench them for who? As soon as Carlo got Pato into rhythm, it was the last Milan saw of Gila.

Next, remember the argument on the field in the CL season, when Seedorf flung a bottle in anger?

Carlo: What're you doing? You're lucky I don't have any players left on the bench or else I'd substitute you!

Clarence: You don't like what's happening, you come and play, or else give us some more support from the bench.

No he knew, this problem from before. But the thing was Milan were not going to spend, and he had to make-do till then.

I don't know why. Maybe Milan felt it was more important to get it's finances in shape. Maybe Berlusconi had decided he couldn't spill cash, until his investment in the election campaign was done.

Either way, Mourinho would not have gotten cash either. Mourinho would just have made a hulla-bulloo, about not being given enough cash , the board would have turned the other way, and either Mourinho would quit,and left the team high and dry, or just do as much as Carlo did. Probably less, since the players don't know him/like him as well.

So now people want Mourinho, but they want new players as well?? My point is why should Mourinho get the luxury of getting the players he wants, and form a new team, when a man who pulled us out from nowhere to reach the top of club football, doesn't get the same opportunity.

After the investment,and if the club still fails, then Carletto will be removed. I have no doubts about that. And he will deserve to leave as well.

You like SAF....you probably know the kind of reception SAF got in the first 5-6 years of his career? He was supposed to be fired. But they didn't and he got the time to build his team, and after that it's been all good.

Same is the case with say Rovers and Mark Hughes. Moyes and Everton. Sometimes you need consistency. You cannot fire the coach without analysing what went wrong and why. Otherwise you end up with a Valencia or a Madrid. smile.gif

The problem besides that, with a personality like Mourinho (since I'm sure 50% of your dislike for Carlo stems from the huge differences in style from Mourinho) is that eventually you're going to have what happened in Chelsea. The team imploded. He could not keep his players together (except his chosen bunch), the rest of the team revolted, and he had to be fired. How else can there be 'problems' with management(who handpicked you) when you've won 3 titles? Not to mention, I found his last interview to be hilarious. I couldn't believe he was saying he needed more players!! All he lacked was a world class RB. That's it!! Carlo's been playing without a fullback, a centre back, a striker, and in some cases a creative mid-fielder as well!!

But that's just me. I happen to be a fan of the Capello, Sacchi, Carlo school. Shut up and play...the press is what Galliani is there for.
Rossoneri7
Great post Cap'ain king.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 29 2008, 04:41 AM)
I understand your sentiments, but I have no doubt in my mind, that Carlo would easily easily win the EPL, if he were in a team with Chelsea with Abramovich's resources.

His team is built on passing, and making use of spaces in the mid-field. And the EPL is very conducive to space in the mid-field. The only exception to this rule was Mourinho's Chelsea, and Rafa's Liverpool. They're the only two sides that played 'European' football.

I'm not sure he'd win the league easily, but I'd be confident that he'd do it. But he's a good coach, so that's what you'd expect. It will be interesting to see who Chelsea go with. Carlo, Mancini and Mark Hughes are all on the shortlist, but Hughes doesn't usually play very attractive football, so I expect him to be ruled out. I'd be surprised if Carlo even got it, I think they'll go with Mancini - it'd probably be easier to get him too.

As for Ancellotti not winning. He was won the scudetto with us. And he did it very dominantly too. That season we also reached the semis of CL I think. But that was the last time, he ever had a proper squad. With cover everywhere. Since then, I don't think you can hold him accountable for the obvious deficiencies in the team ,and/or the targets fixed by the management.

You've already stated you wanted Mourinho. But the reason, I opposed is not that I don't like Mourinho. I would have loved for him to coach one of my other teams, like Valencia or Newcastle (not now, that we've got the greatest coach ever in Kevin Keegan), but...Mourinho would again, just fail miserably in this team.

I don't think once in.. 8 years is it now, or 7? Can't remember. Either way it's not quite good enough. Not having a big enough excuse is fair enough, but the problem comes when you rest players in the league to play in the Champions League - basically throwing the league away. Maybe it's acceptable if you go on to win the Champions League, but maybe not to some, his priorities seem to lie in the wrong place, but that's just for me.

I'm not sure he'd fail here, but it's not the right place for him, that's for sure. But he'd also fail at your other team, Newcastle. I think you could put SAF, Lippi, Capello and Jose their altogether and they'd fail up there!

Either way, Mourinho would not have gotten cash either. Mourinho would just have made a hulla-bulloo, about not being given enough cash , the board would have turned the other way, and either Mourinho would quit,and left the team high and dry, or just do as much as Carlo did. Probably less, since the players don't know him/like him as well.

So now people want Mourinho, but they want new players as well?? My point is why should Mourinho get the luxury of getting the players he wants, and form a new team, when a man who pulled us out from nowhere to reach the top of club football, doesn't get the same opportunity.

I agree. I don't blame the players we have on Carlo, that's clearly all the boards fault. The only thing that annoys me is that he is willing to sacrifice the league for a run in the CL, and an early CL exit - like this season - can put you in a very difficult postition with nothing to play for. I know it's supposedly Silvio who prefers CL over Serie A, but then you have to ask the question, does Silvio have TOO much input on team selection? I know it's his club and all, but that's what a choac is for!

You like SAF....you probably know the kind of reception SAF got in the first 5-6 years of his career? He was supposed to be fired. But they didn't and he got the time to build his team, and after that it's been all good.

Same is the case with say Rovers and Mark Hughes. Moyes and Everton. Sometimes you need consistency. You cannot fire the coach without analysing what went wrong and why. Otherwise you end up with a Valencia or a Madrid.

To be honest, I didn't know much about SAF and what he was thought of before he became a huge success - I was only 4 when he won his first league title - so I can't say much about his situation. But I do agree that you need some sort of consistancy. I think it takes a manager about 3 years to really build 'his' squad. So if you sack him after 3 seasons, you're just putting yourself back to square 1 again. So I think managers do need to be given more time nowadays, it's paid off with smaller clubs like Everton and Blackburn as you say, and even at the top level with SAF, Arsenal and Carlo, so I think time and patience is something owners need to learn about in modern day football.

The problem besides that, with a personality like Mourinho (since I'm sure 50% of your dislike for Carlo stems from the huge differences in style from Mourinho) is that eventually you're going to have what happened in Chelsea. The team imploded. He could not keep his players together (except his chosen bunch), the rest of the team revolted, and he had to be fired. How else can there be 'problems' with management(who handpicked you) when you've won 3 titles? Not to mention, I found his last interview to be hilarious. I couldn't believe he was saying he needed more players!! All he lacked was a world class RB. That's it!! Carlo's been playing without a fullback, a centre back, a striker, and in some cases a creative mid-fielder as well!!

But that's just me. I happen to be a fan of the Capello, Sacchi, Carlo school. Shut up and play...the press is what Galliani is there for.

I'm not sure it was Jose's personality that really caused problems. It all started from 2 things: 1) Sheva being signed against his wishes and 2) a DoF being appointed - Avram Grant. With Roman buying players for himself, and now Avram in the picture, I think he was just annoyed that he wasn't in charge of transfers. He asked for more money, and was told no.. and I see why he got annoyed - He wasn't allowed any money, yet Roman was willing to spend £30m on a player that the manager didn't even want! Crazy really. Jose didn't actually have the biggest squad, he only had 22 players at one point, they were all of fairly high quality, but that's still not alot when you're competing for 4 trophies.

I'd like somebody in between the way Carlo and Jose act. Jose is great because he doesn't give up when he's been told no, while Carlo seems to just accept any decision without even to be seemingly bothered. On the other hand, Carlo gets on with his job when he isn't given any money, whereas Mourinho starts making stupid interviews over it. A little in between would be nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.