Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan's player of the season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
aLbErTo
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=697153

interesting article...

my vote goes for pippo though, as he has been really decisive in big matches this year...
m1ke
Nesta for me.

*Edit: I know he isn't on that list, but he should be!
nuh
they are rht with ambrosini
Zed.D
Nesta & Kaka
Maldini & Ambro
Inzaghi & Pato (yes! Pato!)

EDIT: these were our best players this season IMO.
kurtsimonw
Ambro. He's the only player that was consistant enough for me. Pato didn't play enough games, Pippo did nothing for the first 6 months. Nobody else did anything worth for it.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 15 2008, 06:09 PM)
Ambro. He's the only player that was consistant enough for me. Pato didn't play enough games, Pippo did nothing for the first 6 months. Nobody else did anything worth for it.

But he showed consistency, that's what counts to me. despite getting injured twice, and of course all the pressure and hype and everything, he almost scored a goal in every two games.
Habitant
kaka, he had a bad year for his standards but when milan was on it's game (which wasn't too often) kaka was the star of the show.
Ry4n
Player of the season must be Ibrahim Ba by far !! tongue.gif

I think the player of the season is Kaka'
Zed.D
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ May 15 2008, 10:01 PM)
Player of the season must be Ibrahim Ba by far !! tongue.gif

biggrin.gif Good one. he's the only player that had no part at all in our disastrous season.
dst
Kaka had some amazing games that showed why he's considered to be the best player in the world but we're looking for consistency here and Ambrosini comes first followed by Nesta.
Zed.D
If we're looking for consistency then we should consider Pato too smile.gif
amancik
goal.com got it spot on, Ambrosini it is ... That can only mean one thing. many of our stars underperformed
amancik
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 15 2008, 07:50 PM)

hahaha if he helps us win the 4th spot, then yes
kurtsimonw
I think it would have been Pato had he been here longer. But in reality he hasn't done THAT much. He only joined in January, then he got an injury and has been dropped recently, so it would be unfair to pick him against somebody like Ambro who has done well all season.

1. Ambro
2. Nesta
3. Pato
Zed.D
Of course Pato has not been our best player, not because he lacks quality or isn't a good player, only because he started in January and missed a couple of matches due to injury, and recently Pippo's good form. he simply didn't play much. but he's proved he possesses consistency and more than that, can score when the matches are still even. except for his debut goal and the one he scored against Siena [he was a substitute], the rest of his goals came when Milan still hadn't scored a goal. that's a very good sign for an 18yo striker.
Habitant
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 15 2008, 07:41 PM)
Of course Pato has not been our best player, not because he lacks quality or isn't a good player, only because he started in January and missed a couple of matches due to injury, and recently Pippo's good form. he simply didn't play much. but he's proved he possesses consistency and more than that, can score when the matches are still even. except for his debut goal and the one he scored against Siena [he was a substitute], the rest of his goals came when Milan still hadn't scored a goal. that's a very good sign for an 18yo striker.

pato's season >>>>> Pippo's
aLbErTo
QUOTE (Habitant @ May 16 2008, 12:25 AM)
pato's season >>>>> Pippo's

sorry, but that is so not true!! pippo was far more decisive, pato hasn't been good in any "big" match, except maybe agains fiorentina(when he scored only goal, pure luck if you remember) while pippo, well you know what he did...
kurtsimonw
Pippo did nothing all season up until a month ago.
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 15 2008, 09:50 PM)

He has only played like 15 (?) games, a season is much longer than that... he has been consistent in the games he played but when most of our other players have played 35+ games we just can't judge them on the same basics.
aLbErTo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 16 2008, 01:05 AM)
Pippo did nothing all season up until a month ago.

hm, forgetin super cup and world club champion...while pato did nothing than in january & februar
KillerMax
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ May 15 2008, 04:52 PM)
sorry, but that is so not true!! pippo was far more decisive, pato hasn't been good in any "big" match, except maybe agains fiorentina(when he scored only goal, pure luck if you remember) while pippo, well you know what he did...

You are right, but Pato's goal against Fiorentina was pure luck? biggrin.gif OK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVk9-P67Psg

More like magic, than luck.

The duck don't need no luck! wink.gif
Tennie
I always worry a little when Kurt and I agree on things since we so rarely do, but I'm with him on this one.

Ambrosini has been the player of the season.

Forza Massimo! 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ May 15 2008, 10:52 PM)

how can sumone who took 12 months to score in the league and over half a seaosn to get a goal can be considered as one of our best players of the season is beyond me. pippo has been very good of late but come on, he's got all his goals in like 3 games and they were all tap ins. pato has been 10 times better than pippo this season.
aLbErTo
QUOTE (Habitant @ May 16 2008, 06:10 AM)
how can sumone who took 12 months to score in the league and over half a seaosn to get a goal can be considered as one of our best players of the season is beyond me. pippo has been very good of late but come on, he's got all his goals in like 3 games and they were all tap ins. pato has been 10 times better than pippo this season.

4) Pippo Inzaghi: Just like Kaka, you need to analyse Inzaghi closely to realise that he has had a pretty decent campaign. SuperPippo may have had an injury-hit season, but his statistics remain absolutely stunning. In 1757 minutes that he has been on the pitch – just over 19 games in total – he has scored 17 goals. That is a record that any striker in any league in the world would be proud to have. As he has been throughout his career, Inzaghi has been decisive in some key matches. He scored in the European Super Cup final win over Sevilla, and hit a double in the Club World Cup success. He scored four times in as many games in the Champions League, breaking Gerd Muller’s all-time UEFA scoring record in the process. Had Inzaghi been fit all season, Milan would have probably already qualified for the Champions League.
Zed.D
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ May 16 2008, 02:22 AM)

I don't want to get into this Pippo debate again, but that bit you quoted from goal.com is exaggerating imo.

In the league he has score 10 goals in 19 games. BUT in his first 14 matches he scored only 1 goal. judge for yourself...

Pato's goal against Fiorentina was "pure luck"?! I strongly disagree with you! he made a great defender like Ujfalusi look like a school kid! 96.gif it's not like he's scored all of his goals on tap ins wink.gif

And who's said Pato's only decisive goal was that one? 6 of his goals came when we were badly STRUGGLING and couldn't score a goal. it's a shame you people forget too quickly...

QUOTE (dst @ May 16 2008, 02:48 AM)
He has only played like 15 (?) games, a season is much longer than that... he has been consistent in the games he played but when most of our other players have played 35+ games we just can't judge them on the same basics.

I know... I said he has not been one of our best simply because he hasn't played enough, didn't I?

All I'm saying is that he has scored consistently.
aLbErTo
you're right, don't think me and dst are forgeting pato's goals, as he's really been good...i'm sure he'll be milan's player of the season many times...if you make a line, all our strikers have been in form as one really good striker smile.gif

thereabout, it kinda looks ambro really deserves award more then anybody this year
Warchant
i think what is more pathetic about this whole debate is that, in past years, we've had one guy that has stood WAY out above the rest. like last year's kaka.

the truth is, we did not have one single player that played consistent football from start to finish.
han2503
It surprises me how Pippo can be considered, yes he's scored in some VERY important matches, but to me to be considered a player of the season for a team you have to be present for more then 1/4 of the season.

And this is not to start another argument about Pippo because I am greatful for the important goals he's scored for us in these last few games, but imo he shouldn't be a contender for player of the season

If it was a player of the month thing I think he would just edge out Kaka based on the decicive goals but not player of the season.

Personally I agree with Ambro being the guy, for he didn't have that much of a good season, because he didn't play at his best, last season he played much better, but based on consistancy, he's the only one that has been there constantly for us this season and putting in good performances (not his best, but still he was consistantly good throughout the season)

For me Ambro wins it on just being consistant because of we're being honest no one on our team had a great season, Pato, also was always consistant with his performances but still missed half a season because he couldn't play
han2503
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 16 2008, 03:36 PM)
i think what is more pathetic about this whole debate is that, in past years, we've had one guy that has stood WAY out above the rest. like last year's kaka.

the truth is, we did not have one single player that played consistent football from start to finish.

Exactly, Ambro was the only consistant performer, his performances were always just good nothing special but he never had games like Pirlo or Seedorf where you just want Carlo to get them off.

As I said in my previous post, Ambro only wins this for me is because he was the only consistant player on the team
Jack Sparrow
Well...going by ability to performance ratio....

1. Kalac
2. Ambro
3. Nesta
4. Pato
5. Pippo
6. Bonera
7. Kaka
8. Seedorf
9. Gattusso

MVP: Ambro

Revelation: Paloschi. I know some of you will say Pato. But honestly, when you pay 15 mill for a player, he ought to be good. And we would have been very disappointed if Pato had flopped, while with Palo, we wouldn't have cared.

Pleasant surprises: Bonera (I'd given up on him, but he could still be our next Stam biggrin.gif, too late for him to be the first Bonera I think ), Pippo (when fit, he can still lead an attack...I'd put him down as a super sub), Ambro (the fire still burns. biggrin.gif)

Disappointments: Posted in other thread. Poor poor Andy. He needs rest...but now the goddamn euros come in.
Fillipo Simone
Ambrosini.. devilsmiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.