Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bitter Wenger to sue Hleb
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
dst
Bitter Wenger to sue Hleb
Saturday 10 May, 2008

After slamming Mathieu Flamini’s move to Milan, bitter Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger warns he’ll take Alexandre Hleb to court rather than let him join Inter.

The Belarus midfielder has been repeatedly linked with a move to San Siro and agent Nikolai Shpilevski commented on Friday that the £11.5m signing from Stuttgart in 2005 was “leaving Arsenal.”

Although the Nerazzurri have consistently denied making any illegal approach for Hleb, Wenger is on the warpath, even if the midfielder tries to buy out the last two years of his contract under Article 17, the so-called Webster Clause.

"It is not as simple as it looks, this Webster clause, you can't just come in next day and buy out, there is no rule that says that. And you should not forget what clubs can do," said Wenger.

"You have to first go to a FIFA tribunal and if you don't agree with FIFA, you have to go to ACAS. It takes a lot of months. You can be banned for the whole period if it's not done in a proper way."

The French Coach has already threatened to report Inter to FIFA for “disrespectful and illegal” courting of Hleb, although the Italians released several statements denying any approach.

It would be another bitter blow after Flamini penned a massively improved contract with Milan this week on a free transfer.

"I know the rules in this job, the guy is free, he can go to somebody who pays him more," continued an infuriated Wenger.

"But he said he wanted to stay. If you say, 'no I want to go somewhere' that is OK. But you cannot say, 'I want to stay, but I go.'

"This club here has a history of being built by people of values. I'm not sure that in the history of Milan you'll find the same values, even if you dig well."

Milan are expected to retaliate with a statement of their own, as they do not take kindly to comments on their part in the Calciopoli scandal.

The club has always maintained its innocence in that affair, even though they were docked eight points from last year’s Serie A standings and stripped of a spot in the Champions League – albeit qualifying via a preliminary round.

channel4

Wenger is now off the list of people I respect... sleep.gif I'm not going to comment further on this bullshit!
Tennie
realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif To quote Bluesummers, Wenger should STFU.
Zed.D
I, too, have lost all of my respect for him... he's been acting like a [sorry Locke] loser since Flamini's departure.

EDIT: a little? OK, I've lost all of my respect for him. WTF does he mean we don't have any value? realmad.gif STFU you froggy loser mad.gif
kurtsimonw
Wenger's always been like this. I think all managers at big clubs are, they get stroppy when a player wants to leave, they're blinded by their own arrogance that they are the best.

As for this, why doesn't Wenger just sell him? What's the problem!?
Zed.D
^^

IIRC Carlo never acted like this when Sheva left.

I hope Hleb leaves, even if it's gonna be for Inter.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 10 2008, 08:51 PM)
I think all managers at big clubs are, they get stroppy when a player wants to leave, they're blinded by their own arrogance that they are the best.

Ermm... no! I can't remember any other similar incident. I've heard managers bash the player that leaves but to disrespect a club like this... I have not seen it before.
kurtsimonw
I recall Carlo saying that Sheva is a traitor.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 10 2008, 09:27 PM)
I recall Carlo saying that Sheva is a traitor.

When did he say that?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 10 2008, 05:56 PM)
Ermm... no! I can't remember any other similar incident. I've heard managers bash the player that leaves but to disrespect a club like this... I have not seen it before.

I was actually talking about the Hleb thing.

@Zd

“He played a nasty trick on us, yet it is difficult to speak ill of him even now because of the great affection everyone had for this person. In a word? Traitor.”
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 10 2008, 08:59 PM)
I was actually talking about the Hleb thing.

Who cares about Hleb? That's his own issue... did you read the whole article to see what says about Milan!??

And Arsenal have now reportedly agreed terms with Ben Arfa. So they are allowed to talk with players but Inter are not!??
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 10 2008, 06:01 PM)
Who cares about Hleb? That's his own issue... did you read the whole article to see what says about Milan!??

And Arsenal have now reportedly agreed terms with Ben Arfa. So they are allowed to talk with players but Inter are not!??

Yes, I did see that. Did I say he was correct in saying so? No, I haven't commented on it.

It depends, you have to talk to the club (unless the player is out of contract). I don't know if Ben Arfa still has a contract, and if so, I don't know whether Arsenal contacted the club first - so I can't really say whether it's right or not.

As for Inter, Arsenal are denying that they've received an offer from them, but are announcing to the press that they wish to sign him. This is a form of tapping up a player, which is illegal.
Tennie
The 'traitor' comment was well over a year after Sheva left. It was this March in a Iene skit. smile.gif

And Wenger can have as many tantrums as he wants to about Hleb and if Inter tapped Hleb up, he'd be justified.

However, the insult to Milan is.... realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif
dst
Anyway... I don't care what Wenger says about Hleb and Inter. But Milan did nothing wrong. He should stop being a loser and admit he made a mistake in not offering Flamini a contract sooner...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 10 2008, 06:09 PM)
Anyway... I don't care what Wenger says about Hleb and Inter. But Milan did nothing wrong. He should stop being a loser and admit he made a mistake in not offering Flamini a contract sooner...

Yep, it's his own fault for not re-signing him. And what he said about Milan is disrespecftul, though I'm not going to get into whether or not we did anything wrong.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 10 2008, 09:12 PM)
I'm not going to get into whether or not we did anything wrong.

We were allowed to talk with Flamini weren't we?
acid911
To be honest, he was one of my most respected coaches around. Can't say he holds that position now, at least not in my books. mad.gif Having said that, we are one of the most respected clubs in the world, and nothing some silly French rabbit says is going to change that.

Where is Locke when you need him?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 10 2008, 06:15 PM)

Oh, we did nothing wrong in talking with Flamini, that's for sure. I just don't think calciopoli needs dragging up again!

I don't think what Wenger's said is going to be damaging to Arsenals reputation and may even put players off going there!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 10 2008, 09:19 PM)
Oh, we did nothing wrong in talking with Flamini, that's for sure. I just don't think calciopoli needs dragging up again!

Whether we did something wrong in the Calciopoli or not, this is not our entire history is it?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 10 2008, 06:21 PM)
Whether we did something wrong in the Calciopoli or not, this is not our entire history is it?

I never said it was. I'm not going to continue with this.
Tennie
Kurt's right. Wenger's throwing calciopoli in our face and it's unfortunate that it's being brought up.

The fish doll offers Wenger a two-finned salute. Man, I used to like the guy. No more, though.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 10 2008, 09:23 PM)
I never said it was. I'm not going to continue with this.

No you did not. But Wenger judges Milan and it's entire history over a certain period for which he knows **** about.
morgoth
What a stupid jack@ss realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif

Actually he's acting like all the French after the WC final toward Italian fotball, whenever there's something they don't like, they through the calciopoli bull **** out!!!

Jack@ss!
armiss
Poor Wnger , he try so hard for these players but Arsenal has not good fences to keep some ugly faces like Moratti away , he just shows his anger in this way .

For me Carlo said the best words for Sheva , everybody knows what and how Sheva did to us but after all i respect Berlusconi fondness for Sheva and i like his return specially when we know that time teach him good lessons about money & power !
Zed.D
QUOTE (morgoth @ May 10 2008, 10:41 PM)
Jack@ss!

yes? huh.gif

tongue.gif
whoarethepatriots
Wenger has always been a sore looser (so has Ferguson actually...) attacking the player is understandable, but attacking us and our integrity? its crossing the line and is way out of hand

He talks like he is an angel but has poached countless youth players without consent of the clubs many times (Lupoli, Merida, Cesc etc). If our integrity is low, then he has none whatsoever

Hleb doing this is justice in my eyes
dst
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 10 2008, 10:58 PM)
He talks like he is an angel but has poached countless youth players without consent of the clubs many times (Lupoli, Merida, Cesc etc). If our integrity is low, then he has none whatsoever

What are you talking about, Arsenal is being built by people of values...
Rossoneri7
Wenger needs to acknowledge that Milan can no way be spoken of on the same breath as Arsenal. Let alone insult the club.

He can talk ... And say whatever he wants to say. I don't really care. For his team is the most overrated team in this century. With all the fuss and hype Arsenal are getting, they are not delivering. But he wants to talk, let him talk!

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 10 2008, 09:04 PM)
The 'traitor' comment was well over a year after Sheva left. It was this March in a Iene skit. smile.gif

Yup ... The comment of Sheva was during a competition Q&A and he was to attribute one word to each name that was thrown at him ... But he always maintained that he would welcome him back.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 10 2008, 09:17 PM)
Wenger needs to acknowledge that Milan can no way be spoken of on the same breath as Arsenal. Let alone insult the club.

He can talk ... And say whatever he wants to say. I don't really care. For his team is the most overrated team in this century. With all the fuss and hype Arsenal are getting, they are not delivering.

I think that's a little disrespectful towards Arsenal if I'm honest.

As for not delivering, they were expected to finish 5th this season, they've over-acheived in the minds of many.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2008, 12:33 AM)
I think that's a little disrespectful towards Arsenal if I'm honest.

As for not delivering, they were expected to finish 5th this season, they've over-acheived in the minds of many.

I was referring to the two trophy rooms smile.gif

This season was a very bad season for Milan, even so Milan has reached the title of #1 club in the world, still locally bad season wink.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ May 10 2008, 07:15 PM)

We didn't need a permission. If a player has less than a half year of his contract running a club can approach him without permission of the players club.
kurtsimonw
I'm surprised nobody signed him up in Jan to be honest. Although, at bigger clubs that could cause a bit of conflict of interest. Imagine if he signed for Milan in Jan and then scored to knock us out the CL. That wouldn't go down well!
milanista1899
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2008, 12:34 AM)
Imagine if he signed for Milan in Jan and then scored to knock us out the CL. That wouldn't go down well!

We didn't play Arsenal until March, so if we signed him in January how could he score for Arsenal against us? unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ May 10 2008, 11:44 PM)
We didn't play Arsenal until March, so if we signed him in January how could he score for Arsenal against us?  unsure.gif

You can sign a pre-contract agreement from January, so he'd still be under contract at Arsenal, but would be a Milan player as soon as the season finished.
milanista1899
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2008, 12:50 AM)
You can sign a pre-contract agreement from January, so he'd still be under contract at Arsenal, but would be a Milan player as soon as the season finished.

Oh right thanks, didn't know that wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 11 2008, 12:47 AM)
For his team is the most overrated team in this century. With all the fuss and hype Arsenal are getting, they are not delivering.

Along Roma they played the best football this season, it's undeniable. but they lacked that winning formula needed to win trophies. too many young and inexperienced players I think.
Il Capitano
Wenger was one of my favorite coaches but after this statement I can only feel anger and hate for him.
morgoth
He's a sore loser and it's not a new story! He always was like that but now all the respect I had for him for the squad he built is gone. As simple as that, I hope his team gets relegated next season ... Another French president (Lens') said two years ago he'd be shocked if Milan were to play in the CL and asked the uefa to ban all the Italian team form europe. He also stated that France and his club (finished 4th that season) should take Milan's place in the CL ... Now they're 17th and will probably end up in the second division!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2008, 02:34 AM)
I'm surprised nobody signed him up in Jan to be honest.

Maybe he had not decided to go then...
LaPalma
I can understand Arsene. He got a talent (Hleb) and formed a star player. In fact I lost respect for Hleb after the recent events. Not too long ago I read an interview with him in which he said how much he owes Wenger etc. blablabla. And now that. What c*nt.
Locke Lamora
What to say...
Okay, I hope this was something he said out of rashness, and that he will retract the comment within the next few days...damn, he better do! *bangs head against wall* mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.