Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti linked with barca post
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Bluesummers
Ancelotti Linked With Barça Post
A report in the Barcelona media suggests that a Barça director has made contact with AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti to see if he would be interested in taking over at the Camp Nou next season.

carlo: sexy time >:D

Current Barça coach Frank Rijkaard looks to be on his way out of the club at the end of the season having failed to deliver silverware in each of the last two seasons, with the Barcelona directors seeking out a new man to lead the club forward while continuing the attractive style of football that they have played under Rijkaard.

The tactical approach and anti-authority antics of Jose Mourinho are likely to rule him out of taking over, while names such as Josep Guardiola and Michael Laudrup have been mentioned, with president Joan Laporta ready to give an opportunity to a promising coach to make their mark on the European stage.

However, it seems that another board room member has his own ideas about who should replace Rijkaard and has made contact through an intermediary to Milan coach Ancelotti to ascertain whether he would be interested in taking on the position for the next campaign.

The report comes from Catalunya Ràdio, but without any indication as to which director it is who has made this move, it is hard to judge the validity of the approach or how much sway this particular director holds in the overall decision process.

Their have been murmurings that Ancelotti may be replaced if Milan are unable to qualify for next season's Champions League and if so, then he and Barça could be a very good match.

rijkaard carlo swap could work but i want carlo here next season. Either him or mourinho should manage this team nobody else next year.

But imo its gonna be either laudrap, lippi or guadriola manaing barca fc next year.
Zed.D
Bullsh1t. I think he can succeed in Barca, but their fans would never want a coach that usually plays with two/three defensive mids and one striker. they want attacking football all the time and Carlo, despite being so successful, has never been an attacking minded coach.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 2 2008, 06:30 PM)
Bullsh1t. I think he can succeed in Barca, but their fans would never want a coach that usually plays with two/three defensive mids and one striker. they want attacking football all the time and Carlo, despite being so successful, has never been an attacking minded coach.

This man speaks the truth cool.gif
Rossoneri7
Nah, Carlo wont move ... I think when his time at Milan is done, he will go to the Azzurri.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 3 2008, 02:53 AM)
Nah, Carlo wont move ... I think when his time at Milan is done, he will go to the Azzurri.

Or Roma wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.