Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oddo: It's our fault
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
dst
Oddo: It's our fault
Wednesday 23 April, 2008

Milan defender Massimo Oddo has admitted that the Rossoneri have only themselves to blame for their disappointing season.

The Club World Cup holders were knocked out of Europe in March and are struggling to qualify for next year's edition of the Champions League.

“It's our fault,” confessed Oddo, pointing out the Diavolo's disastrous home form as a reason why they are four points adrift of fourth place Fiorentina with four games to go.

“We have only won six times at San Siro - that's relegation form. This makes me think that we have not been able to exploit home advantage.”

Milan have the second best away record in the League, winning on three more occasions than fourth-place Fiorentina, but the Viola have notched up five more victories than the Rossoneri in front of their own fans.

“The teams we face tend to close us down and we have not been successful in finding a way to unhinge their defences,” mused the right-back.

Oddo also refused to blame referees for the Rossoneri's current position, acknowledging that players are not above reproach themselves.

“They haven't killed us, but they have played their part,” he moaned. “They have made mistakes, as have we.”

Milan face Livorno in Tuscany on Sunday and still have to take on Inter, Napoli and Udinese to complete the campaign.

channel4

Of course it is.
Warchant
the problem is is that people use to fear the the red and black stripes at home...we've shown weakness and teams no longer fear us.

they see this as their chance to knock down a giant.
Habitant
you reap what you sow
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Warchant @ Apr 24 2008, 05:52 AM)
the problem is is that people use to fear the the red and black stripes at home...we've shown weakness and teams no longer fear us.

That is exactly it sad.gif
redbabies
well... whose other fault it might be??

I think the biggest mistakes came from:
Milan 1-2 Sampdoria
Milan 1-2 Atalanta

this is where we could actually finish the job by winning both of them.
I_Rossoneri
At last, an underperforming player willing to accept responsibility for a poor season wink.gif

Better than blaming the fans like some smile.gif

I tend to think our tactics at home don't help(2 DM's against lower sides anyone?). I'm all for shoring games up if we can defend, but our defending has been poor this season. Perhaps we should just keep attacking...
Il Capitano
Atleast Oddo is honest, he is not trying to fool us by mentioning the Club World Cup and how great it was winning it.
paloschi43
Oddo is right we always had problems in opening up the defences that closes down well,its because of many factors.

Kaka is less decisive when he doesnt find enough space.
-Oddo had a dissapointing season considering he was one of main factors for 2007 CL cup.
-Favalli,he gaves a hole to rival teams on his wing,he returns late from attacks,he is serie C class.
-we cant provide width from left wing as Marek plays in 40-45 metres,also considering his crosses are disaster,we only got one time enough service from left wing,5-1 samp game,as Serginho assisted 1-2 goals and provided width from lett wing.
-we are scoring little from corners and freekicks.
-Our most tecnical players before Pato comes are Seedorf and Pirlo,Pirlo plays in CM role,this is why his effect is little,Seedorf doesnt have continuity and very inconsistent.
-2DM is too much for small sides.
e.t.c.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 24 2008, 05:42 AM)
well... whose other fault it might be??

I think the biggest mistakes came from:
Milan 1-2 Sampdoria
Milan 1-2 Atalanta

this is where we could actually finish the job by winning both of them.

Our 1-1 draw with Fiorentina (at San Siro)!
(that particular match, even tho it wasn't a loss had a large impact on both our positions)
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Warchant @ Apr 23 2008, 10:52 PM)

Hopefully (with the right reinforcements in summer - which I believe the club is currently working on) we will be back to winning ways like were accoustmed to!
(in particualr at the San Siro) wink.gif king.gif

Time to kick that false king realmad.gif called 'inter' from its supposed throne! angry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 25 2008, 04:13 AM)
Our 1-1 draw with Fiorentina (at San Siro)!
(that particular match, even tho it wasn't a loss had a large impact on both our positions)

Yes, not only did we give one important point to Fiorentina, we loss two for ourselves. I can count all the instances when we've given away matches to opponents on my hands - there were so many of them through the season. Saving aside, the big push we had in early January when we won a handful of matches (sometimes through strokes of luck), or we could have been out of the top five by now. wink.gif
morgoth
How on earth can you say that the fist match against Fiorentina had a huge impact on us?! Remember it was just 3 days after the european super cup, that game was nothing in our season, the great amount of points we lost at San Siro against weak teams was the main reason, not Fiorentina game!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.