Livorno - Milan
Napoli - Siena
Palermo - Atalanta
Reggina - Parma
Roma - Torino
Udinese - Catania

FORZA MILAN!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Apr 20 2008, 05:45 PM)
Week 35:

Fiorentina - Sampdoria
Genoa - Empoli
Inter - Cagliari
Juventus - Lazio
Livorno - Milan
Napoli - Siena
Palermo - Atalanta
Reggina - Parma
Roma - Torino
Udinese - Catania

FORZA MILAN!

SAMP MUST WIN! WE MUST WIN! EMPOLI MUST LOSE!
arivanjj
should be another easy win for us! all eyes on Sampdoria
Tennie
This will be an interesting weekend. Milan have had indifferent luck playing in Livorno -- and Marco Amelia is a very good keeper. That said, if Milan plays like they did today, we should get a good result.

The Viola - Samp game could be interesting. Samp is playing relatively well (blanking Udinese is a pretty good result) and Fiorentina have a midweek UEFA Cup game in Glasgow versus the Huns. Fatigue mighth play a factor for them.
acid911
Very interesting week, this. And that's putting it mildly. freak.gif If everything goes well, we can come within striking distance of Fiorentina, going into the last three matches.
Besfort
I'm an Samp fan. I want them to win, or at least get a draw, that could put Viola in pressure and that might affect them to lose one of the upcoming games.

If I was at Viola's place, I wouldn't want the CL.

Why the hell are they battling for that place, when they know that they even wont reach the knockout stages next season in CL. tongue.gif

I still believe.

Forza Milan !!! devilsmiley.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Besfort @ Apr 21 2008, 07:58 PM)
Why the hell are they battling for that place, when they know that they even wont reach the knockout stages next season in CL.  tongue.gif

exactly biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Besfort @ Apr 21 2008, 12:58 PM)
I'm an Samp fan. I want them to win, or at least get a draw, that could put Viola in pressure and that might affect them to lose one of the upcoming games.

If I was at Viola's place, I wouldn't want the CL.

Why the hell are they battling for that place, when they know that they even wont reach the knockout stages next season in CL.  tongue.gif

I still believe.

Forza Milan !!! devilsmiley.gif

They are a good team .. They wont go far in the champions, that's true, but they can out muscle most teams on their good day smile.gif

I think, above all, entering the champions league would mean more $$, that is why they want it. Of course, they have been playing exceptionally well over the past several years, they certainly deserve a shot at it
kurtsimonw
I think we'll win against Livorno, and that Fiorentina-Sampdoria will be a draw. So we'll be within 2, but the week after that, well, that will all but end our CL chances. dry.gif
Tennie
Note from Milanello: No training today. Team gets a day off after the very fine performance yesterday. Pato will continue (!) his recovery training (and if he wasn't at 100% Sunday, it's scary to contemplate how much more devastating he'll be) and Janku will continue physical therapy. Ambro and Bonera have now served their suspensions and will be available for selection.

For what little it may be worth, here's Gazzetta's very early prediction of a starting lineup:

Kalac
Cafu Nesta Kaladze Favalli
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Kakà Seedorf
Inzaghi

(by the way, on Sunday did anyone notice how we switched from a Xmas tree to a 4-4-2 when Pato came on for Seedorf? That was nice to see)

EDIT: by the way, Pazzini will be sitting out the Viola game due to yellow card accumulation.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 21 2008, 06:53 PM)
I think we'll win against Livorno, and that Fiorentina-Sampdoria will be a draw. So we'll be within 2, but the week after that, well, that will all but end our CL chances.

I wouldn't be that sure until the final whistle in that match is blown. Inter has been our beatch for quarter of a century - and though the last few matches haven't gone our way, I'm fairly confident this time around. We've got a Duck running amuck - time to unleash him against the men in blue! devil.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 21 2008, 06:09 PM)
I wouldn't be that sure until the final whistle in that match is blown. Inter has been our beatch for quarter of a century - and though the last few matches haven't gone our way, I'm fairly confident this time around. We've got a Duck running amuck - time to unleash him against the men in blue! devil.gif

Our b1tch? no, at least not in the last three derbies rolleyes.gif and I'm afraid they're gonna make it four in a row... I'm not sure but I think Mancini outnumbers Carlo in derby wins... another reason for me to be pessimistic about this match.
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 21 2008, 09:03 PM)
Our b1tch? no, at least not in the last three derbies. and I'm afraid they're gonna make it four in a row... I'm not sure but I think Mancini outnumbers Carlo in derby wins... another reason for me to be pessimistic about this match.

They have been, bar a few occasions. And the last three matches we were simply outclassed. But if you go back, there was a time when Inter ruled Milan, they were the masters of the San Siro. This was, of course, before the age of Maldini, around the time when Baresi started playing. cool.gif

For most part of the last three decades, Milan has been on top. It was a different story in the last three derbies. Ronaldo got us in front, we squandered the chance. Ditto for the Pirlo free kick last time around. They haven't faced Pato yet, so a part of me still believes, we'll get them this time. unsure.gif The duck will have to be at his best, same goes for Kaka, Inzaghi and Paloschi. We can't hold them back in defense, attacking and attacking good will be our only way out. wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
If Pippo is playing on top form...and Seedorf wakes up....I don't care if we're facing Satan's XI. biggrin.gif I just need those two. biggrin.gif
morgoth
I believe this game is going to be very difficult for us, don't forget that Livorno are playing for the relegation and are very compact team, if you add to that a very good performance from Amelia, we better be watching our back, because f they score ...
Jack Sparrow
^^

Reggina are a team fighting relegation too. No..it's not Livorno I'm worried about. It is whether the Rossoneri show up or not. I hope they do...unsure.gif

I won't kill something if we get UEFA cup...but I've kinda become spoilt over the years. biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 21 2008, 08:00 PM)
^^

Reggina are a team fighting relegation too. No..it's not Livorno I'm worried about. It is whether the Rossoneri show up or not. I hope they do...unsure.gif
I won't kill something if we get UEFA cup...but I've kinda become spoilt over the years. biggrin.gif

Milan fans almost always are biggrin.gif
redbabies
I think we should also become anti-Roma fans this week. If they fail to beat Torino (hard to happen, though) Inter will win the Scudetto and will not care that much about the result against Milan.
morgoth
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 21 2008, 07:19 PM)
I think we should also become anti-Roma fans this week. If they fail to beat Torino (hard to happen, though) Inter will win the Scudetto and will not care that much about the result against Milan.

How come? Even if they're champions before we meet them, they'll do everything to defeat us, this is a derby not just some game, plus merdatti said that he'll wait until their victory (over us) to celebrate (the title) dry.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 21 2008, 08:35 PM)
How come? Even if they're champions before we meet them, they'll do everything to defeat us, this is a derby not just some game, plus merdatti said that he'll wait until their victory (over us) to celebrate (the title) dry.gif

its smthing else what he says, and smthing else what they do.
Tennie
Good news from today's training: Janku followed the entire training session with the group - it's the first time he's done so in months.

Tomorrow, there will be two training sessions.
jefri91
we're going to r@pe these ape monkeys back to Serie B devilsmiley.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 22 2008, 03:01 PM)
we're going to r@pe these ape monkeys back to Serie B  devilsmiley.gif

LOL

this time were gonna have 9-1 !!! triple kaka-trick for the win!!!!!!!
acid911
Well, I don't know about you guys, but Pola's got good vibes about the Inter match, and if it's good enough for Pola it's more than good enough for me. I'm sure if the Champions League comes down to us beating Inter, then by all means we will. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, of course, lest we lose/draw to Livorno - then the Inter match won't matter. Much dry.gif

Hopefully the team puts in a good performance on the 27th, and then we can send the Inter boys right back to from where they came. Hehe. cool.gif
MizNelson
Saw this on acmilan.com. Personally, I found it sickening (everyone kissing his rear for six weeks of good form back in February when he hadn't done jack s--- before), but maybe someone will get a kick out of it.

GENERATIONS COMPARISON
4/22/2008 5:54:00 PM

Before today's training session at Milanello two generations of goalkeepers of the Rossoneri's history came in contact: Lorenzo Buffon and Zeljko Kalac. - THE DECLARATIONS OF KALAC AND BUFFON

MILANELLO - Before today's training session at the Milanello sporting center, two generations of Milan goalkeepers came in close contact: Zeljko Kalac and Lorenzo Buffon, Milan goalkeeper in the 50s and 60s. Here is what they said:

LORENZO BUFFON:

"It's always a big emotion coming back here to Milanello. First of all I want to give my compliments to Kalac, I'm an admirer of his and I really think he's a good player.
I can't deny my emotion to be here where I spent a lot of my career. I've always said I played in a great Milan, but as a Milan fan I must also compliment president Berlusconi for everything he has done for this great club.
I'm a born milanista and for this reason when we played against Juventus in Turin, despite the fact my nephew Gigi was playing in goal, I supported Milan."

ZELJKO KALAC:

"I'm happy to be a part of this club and to be able to give my contribution in the race for the fourth place. Now there are only four games left before the end of the season and we have have to get as many points as possible. We are playing well and it will be important to go to Livorno on Sunday with the awareness that we have to win."
Tennie
I was very amused by Lorenzo Buffon's comments re: Milan-Zebras. smile.gif And the elder Buffon was a very, very good keeper in his day.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 22 2008, 08:06 PM)
Saw this on acmilan.com. Personally, I found it sickening (everyone kissing his rear for six weeks of good form back in February when he hadn't done jack s--- before), but maybe someone will get a kick out of it.

the hatred runs very deep, doesn't it?
dst
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 23 2008, 12:01 AM)
we're going to r@pe these ape monkeys back to Serie B  devilsmiley.gif

unsure.gif Why are you always so angry!??! laugh.gif

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 23 2008, 03:19 AM)
Well, I don't know about you guys, but Pola's got good vibes about the Inter match, and if it's good enough for Pola it's more than good enough for me.

Oh my God... why another one talking through his fetish? Oh never mind, just focus on returning to the field of play as soon as possible!

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 23 2008, 05:06 AM)

You are unfair I believe.

Damn... why couldn't it be 'the declarations of Buffon and... Buffon'!??? sleep.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 23 2008, 01:19 AM)
I'm sure if the Champions League comes down to us beating Inter

I think the CL comes down to Fiorentina biggrin.gif If they do what they have to we wont make it no matter what!
m1ke
If Fio don't slip up this weekend, I can't see us making up the necessary points in the remaining fixtures. My only hope is that Torino are still battling against relegation on the last day of the season, and have something to play for. Snatching 4th in round 38 would be pretty sweet devil.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 22 2008, 11:07 PM)
LOL 

this time were gonna have 9-1 !!!  triple kaka-trick for the win!!!!!!!

devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 23 2008, 09:32 AM)
unsure.gif Why are you always so angry!??! laugh.gif

im not angry , im happy that were going to reach 4th place cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 23 2008, 08:22 PM)
devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif
im not angry , im happy that were going to reach 4th place  cool.gif

Ok dst .. This is not my doing. You've got a separate case right here.

Right now I'm focusing my powers on converting Kurt onto a Birmingham fan devil.gif
dst
I still hope for 4th place myself... I would be sad if I did not...
jefri91
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 23 2008, 06:20 PM)
Ok dst .. This is not my doing. You've got a separate case right here.

Right now I'm focusing my powers on converting Kurt onto a Birmingham fan devil.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 23 2008, 06:26 PM)
I still hope for 4th place myself... I would be sad if I did not...

I'd rather die on my feet
Than live on my knees
                      -Zapata

cool.gif
jefri91
never give up!!! FORZA MILAN!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 23 2008, 05:22 PM)
devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif
im not angry , im happy that were going to reach 4th place  cool.gif

Angry or not, your posts are hilarious. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 23 2008, 06:20 PM)

It's as impossible as asking you to become and Inter fan. It just aint gonna happen!
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 23 2008, 02:32 PM)
Oh my God... why another one talking through his fetish? Oh never mind, just focus on returning to the field of play as soon as possible!

Never. Ever. Mess. With. Pola. Again. mad.gif He's got friends, who's got friends, who really know how to hurt people! tongue.gif

Seriously, though, the stuff Miz posted was pretty amusing. To say the least. As for our match against Inter, we still have time for that - anything can happen between the time the players step out on the pitch. For Livorno, if the real Milan stands up, we should have a comfortable win on our hands. I'd put it in 3-1, while keeping an eye on our defense. Even if we draw or lose points, it will be quick and painless - we could be out of the race in no time. As morgoth put it, we could be out of the race even if Fiorentina keeps winning all their matches.

As always, Forza Milan! devil.gif
Devillito
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 24 2008, 09:31 AM)
Never. Ever. Mess. With. Pola. Again. mad.gif He's got friends, who's got friends, who really know how to hurt people! tongue.gif

dry.gif sleep.gif
TriniKing_CE
Not quite sure if i'm intrepreting everyone posts correctly (or 100% right now I should say) cuz i am a bit tired, but it seems as if we are beginin to accept the situation as it is and we'll look to support the team to the end win or lose (surely as long as a good effort is given). And imo that the right attitude.
However no ones denying that winning is always the best! - Keep hope guys theres still some way from the end! Lets just hope fiorentina loose a bit of something along the way!
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif

At least there's no way we'll finish 10th. biggrin.gif
jefri91
seems that everyone has lost faith in Milan reaching 4th
sad.gif
Besfort
1:0 would be enough, as long as we can get maximum points.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Besfort @ Apr 24 2008, 07:37 AM)
1:0 would be enough, as long as we can get maximum points.

anything under 6:0 is consider failure.
TriniKing_CE
Just reading an article from acmilan.com - Pippo seems really hyped up for this weekend's game vs Livorno (he also insited that Milan winning games is more important to him than his individual goal tally, this was brought up due to him currently being on 95 offical goals for Milan and he stated once Milan wins he doesnt mind if he had to wait till next year to reach 100)
Lets hope we put in a good performance again and win this one too
(hopefully Pippo could score as well)! smile.gif
Tennie
Here's Gazzetta's projected lineup:

Kalac
Bonera Nesta Kaladze Favalli
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Kakà Seedorf
Inzaghi

I think it's probably more or less right.

The following players are 1 card away from a suspension: Nesta, Favalli, Oddo, Gattuso, Cafu. I could see Nesta or Rino possibly rested or pulled early during the game because another yellow would see them sitting out the derby.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 25 2008, 10:45 AM)
Here's Gazzetta's projected lineup:

Kalac
Bonera Nesta Kaladze Favalli
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Kakà Seedorf
Inzaghi

I think it's probably more or less right.

The following players are 1 card away from a suspension: Nesta, Favalli, Oddo, Gattuso, Cafu. I could see Nesta or Rino possibly rested or pulled early during the game because another yellow would see them sitting out the derby.

I would prefer Pato to start, Pippo looked very static on Sunday.
Tennie
So today's training has taken place.

Regular stuff - warmup, drills, practice game.

Of note: Pippo, after the drills, worked on 'technical exercises' with assistant coach Tassotti. Il Capitano did individualized work after the warmup (this is the first mention of him in training since his injury). Sergio and Dida trained in the gym.
m1ke
Did Pato carry out full training today?
Tennie
He wasn't mentioned by name. In the absence of a negative, I'm going to assume that he did.
Darunia
All Serie A games same time this week (and the following weeks I believe).. hopefully Sampdoria can pull off an upset.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.