Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan-Juve battle for Torres
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Locke Lamora
Liverpool could be forced to sell Fernando Torres – alerting Milan and Juventus – but the Rossoneri are already targeting Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The Anfield Road in-fighting between owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks is just one of their problems, as ‘The Times’ claims there is a serious financial short-fall.

“Liverpool entered into an 18-month loan agreement with interest of 9 per cent - £2.8 million a year - with a letter of credit to pay back the £31.5 million at the end of the period,” says the newspaper.

”Should Liverpool be unable to pay back or refinance the loan, banks could force the sale of Torres and Ryan Babel, who was also included in the smaller refinancing package.”

If hitman Torres becomes available for around £27.5m, he will be a prime target for both Juventus and Milan, who are on the lookout for a striker.

Rossoneri President Silvio Berlusconi has already stated his club will sign Ronaldinho, Andriy Shevchenko “plus an old-style centre-forward.”

Up until now it was thought to be Chelsea’s Didier Drogba, but new reports around Europe today suggest it is Real Madrid’s van Nistelrooy.

He is relatively cheap compared to Drogba and Real would be happy to release him because they are looking to sign the Ivory Coast international as a replacement.

Milan and Juve are also said to be at loggerheads over another Premier League player, as the San Siro giants assumed they had a deal for out of contract Mathieu Flamini.

They have offered the midfielder a five-year contract worth £3.5m per season, but Juve director of sport Alessio Secco has reportedly flown out to England to table a bid of his own and, while he’s there, seek news on the Liverpool situation.

channel 4
dst
Nah, won't happen. But I'm glad Liverpool have problems! biggrin.gif
redbabies
They would do the impossible to keep him.

He has got so related to the fans especially, that it would need a miracle to leave.

Maybe only if Rafa is sacked... we might have a chance, and I really doubt it!
Rossoneri7
This is an example of poor management, now they need to reach the final. They will need the money,
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 12:04 PM)
This is an example of poor management, now they need to reach the final. They will need the money,

Knowing how lucky they are they probably will win the CL then! sad.gif

If they do have to sell him, does anyone actually believe we will stump up £27.5m for just one(phenomenal cool.gif ) player? Because I don't. IMO if he did leave then I could see him go to Manu.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 19 2008, 03:14 PM)
Knowing how lucky they are they probably will win the CL then! sad.gif

If they do have to sell him, does anyone actually believe we will stump up £27.5m for just one(phenomenal cool.gif ) player? Because I don't. IMO if he did leave then I could see him go to Manu.

Well, Rafa is a master tactician, and between him and Grant, I can only see Rafa reaching the final. Then again, I want United to reach the final, then I want to see CR cry in front of the whole world laugh.gif

Anyways, if they do sell him ... I doubt Milan will change it's perspective (of course we here are just speculating and shooting away at random, but .. ) considering how confident Don Ceseare was, I can all but be confident that there are certain players the management are looking at and it is within due time that the names will appear. We can all but be convinced that three of them are R10, S7, and Zambrotta. The rest, namely two, probably would be a pure striker and a center back.

p.s. who knows, maybe that pure striker would be Torres, but I doubt it, they would sell Vorinin and co. before they sell one of their best strikers in the past 5 years.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 04:02 PM)
I want United to reach the final, then I want to see CR cry in front of the whole world laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

It could happen in the semi final too... CR losing the duel again, this time to Messi...

I see CR as a more complete player, but in producing magical moments Messi has the upper hand for me. moreover Messi is WAY more humble than CR...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 19 2008, 12:45 PM)
I see CR as a more complete player, but in producing magical moments Messi has the upper hand for me. moreover Messi is WAY more humble than CR...

Agreed.

That's one thing that really annoys me about Ronaldo, he has no respect for other players at all. I still can't believe what he said about Kaka', not only did Kaka' deserve it, but he owned him head-to-head in last years CL SFs!

Messi's goal against Getafe (I think?) in the Cup was amazing, the Maradona-eqsue one - not the handball, the long run, was just amazing. He has a great future ahead of him!

Anyways, I don't see Torres leaving Liverpool, he seems to enjoy it there. No idea why though.
august_milan
milan didnt wanna pay 30 million the first time they had a chance to sign him, he goes on to score over 30 goals and the season isnt even over yet, and if milan have a realistic chance of buying him and if the dont, well then they are stupid....there is no way anyone could argue we need R10 more than Torres....even carlo stated that Ronaldinho is not a player we need, the big boss just wants him cuz he admires him so much...with i think is very selfish, he buys a player he wants instead of players that we need or that will help the team. Poor management in my eyes
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 19 2008, 03:45 PM)
biggrin.gif

It could happen in the semi final too... CR losing the duel again, this time to Messi...

There is no denying how much he deserves all the credit this season, he has been simply spectacular (mind you I haven't watched more than 20% of United's games, still .. his name pops up every week).

But then again the quality was always there, it is his attitude that turns me off. I mean he would get nothing but praise from me and I would wish him all the best from the bottom of my heart, it's just that he is such a prick ! So full of himself and talks as if no one can reach his levels. That's just the last straw, if u get what i mean.
Tennie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 08:56 AM)
Anyways, I don't see Torres leaving Liverpool, he seems to enjoy it there. No idea why though.

Maybe it's cos his house hasn't been burgled during an away game yet? wink.gif
august_milan
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 07:14 AM)
There is no denying how much he deserves all the credit this season, he has been simply spectacular (mind you I haven't watched  more than 20% of United's games, still .. his name pops up every week).

But then again the quality was always there, it is his attitude that turns me off. I mean he would get nothing but praise from me and I would wish him all the best from the bottom of my heart, it's just that he is such a prick ! So full of himself and talks as if no one can reach his levels. That's just the last straw, if u get what i mean.

i have the same problem with him, theres not denying he is a great player, the numbers and his performances speak for themselves. but he is not a player i can say that i like because his attitude and personality make me feel like disliking him more.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 05:44 PM)
There is no denying how much he deserves all the credit this season, he has been simply spectacular (mind you I haven't watched  more than 20% of United's games, still .. his name pops up every week).

I'm really curious to see if he's able to continue this form in Euro 2008 and also next season...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 19 2008, 08:43 PM)
I'm really curious to see if he's able to continue this form in Euro 2008 and also next season...

That depends if his ego gets too large, then he might just retire .. Kinda like he's too good for football biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 19 2008, 04:20 PM)
Maybe it's cos his house hasn't been burgled during an away game yet?  wink.gif

laugh.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 02:14 PM)

Blimey R7 I seem to be agreeing with you quite a lot recently ohmy.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 08:14 AM)

first take care of ronnie transfer then think of torres okay g-dog tongue.gif
weeeow
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 19 2008, 03:20 PM)
Maybe it's cos his house hasn't been burgled during an away game yet?  wink.gif

haha fookin scouser stevie g! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.