Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
redbabies
AC Milan - Reggina

Serie A 2007/08 - Week 34

Sunday, April 20, 2008

San Siro

Time : 15:00 CET
Fillipo Simone
Must-win match. "Easiest" fixture till season end.
arivanjj
Reggina are struggling way more than us.. an easy win i would say
dst
Nothing will do but a victory. sleep.gif
Ry4n
2- 0 Kaka' , Pippo
weeeow
lets not even think about not winning to put it easily...
jefri91
QUOTE (weeeow @ Apr 13 2008, 12:29 PM)
lets not even think about not winning to put it easily...

As unoptimistic as I am about Milan recently, this is a definately a win.
We'll have our defenders back, Pa7o (hopefully), nd we are starting to play like MILAN again
Zed.D
If we don't win this one...

I really hope Pato plays. I miss him! sad.gif
whoarethepatriots
I am not too keen on this "home" match and we have several players suspeneded aswell (Bonera, Ambro and Gattuso)

Reggina played quite well today, so i am going to be pessimistic and say this will be a draw
Tennie
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 13 2008, 12:58 PM)
As unoptimistic as I am about Milan recently, this is a definately a win.
We'll have our defenders back, Pa7o (hopefully), nd we are starting to play like MILAN again

ohmy.gif Jefri's predicting a win.

Therefore, the fish doll and I will do so as well. 96.gif
Bluesummers
yeah we'll win.
jefri91
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 13 2008, 05:26 PM)
ohmy.gif Jefri's predicting a win.

Therefore, the fish doll and I will do so as well.  96.gif

Forza Milan !! devilsmiley.gif
weeeow
which idiot said we'd lose?

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!! devil.gif
Tennie
The team has a day off today, so no new training information.

Bonera and Ambro will sit this one out with suspensions. However, we do get Nesta and Kaladze back.

Here's the (very early) possible lineup from Gazzetta:

Kalac
Cafu Nesta Kaladze Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Gourcuff
Kakà Seedorf
Inzaghi

I'd give Pirlo a day off, start Gourcuff, and play with 2 strikers:

Kalac
Gattuso Gourcuff Seedorf
Kaka
Pippo Paloschi (assuming Pato isn't fit)
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 14 2008, 03:26 PM)
However, we do get Nesta and Kaladze back.

So we're basically back where we started! Nesta will help the defense, but Kaladze will make it worse. dry.gif

I'm not even going to predict a result for this one. We should beat Reginna, but they had a good result at the weekend.
Dildil
We need to win and we will
win
kurtsimonw
I said draw. Not really sure if the good or the bad Milan was gonna turn up, so I went somewhere in the middle!
maldini03
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 14 2008, 07:26 AM)
The team has a day off today, so no new training information.

Bonera and Ambro will sit this one out with suspensions. However, we do get Nesta and Kaladze back.

Here's the (very early) possible lineup from Gazzetta:

Kalac 
Gattuso Pirlo Gourcuff
Kakà Seedorf
Inzaghi

I'd give Pirlo a day off, start Gourcuff, and play with 2 strikers:

Kalac
Gattuso Gourcuff Seedorf
Kaka
Pippo Paloschi (assuming Pato isn't fit)

What happened to Pato he fell off the face of the earth??
It scares me that he is injured so frequently. sad.gif
mishie
3-0.....Kaka 2 and Seedorf
a game we cannot even contemplate anything else than a win ans thats what i expect wink.gif

Forza Milan!!
m1ke
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Apr 14 2008, 06:27 PM)
It scares me that he is injured so frequently.  sad.gif

Thigh strains are nasty man. He'll probably miss Reggina but he should be back for Livorno.
sansiro1708
i expect a win . and a favor from palermo. viola will loose or draw
100%
Zed.D
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Apr 14 2008, 09:57 PM)
It scares me that he is injured so frequently.  sad.gif

He's the new Ronaldo after all... wink.gif unsure.gif
jefri91
dp
Tennie
Somewhat encouraging news.

Though there was no team training yesterday, acmilan.com reports that Pato underwent a double training session and that Janku went through a good work session too.

Today's training is at 4pm Milan time.
maldini03
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 14 2008, 11:22 PM)
He's the new Ronaldo after all...  wink.gif  unsure.gif

Haha
ohmy.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 15 2008, 09:22 AM)
He's the new Ronaldo after all...  wink.gif  unsure.gif

What you intend here is scary! sad.gif

... he does not remind me of Ronaldo at all though! biggrin.gif
acid911
Alrighty then, this is the end. Make or break game. A negative result (draw or loss) here, friends and neighbors, and UEFA Cup will be a very healthy reality. I'd go in with a 3-1 result - in our favor, of course. laugh.gif

And oh, Pato reminds me more of Pele than anyone else. There can be only one Ronaldo. king.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 15 2008, 04:25 PM)
Somewhat encouraging news.

Though there was no team training yesterday, acmilan.com reports that Pato underwent a double training session and that Janku went through a good work session too.

Today's training is at 4pm Milan time.

The most encouraging news I've heard in days! thanks.
People wouldn't believe if I told them how much I like the boy! of course not THAT kind of liking... I appreciate him footballing-wise. beside Kaka, he is the only one that encourages me to watch a Milan game nowadays. he's exciting!!

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 15 2008, 06:52 PM)
... he does not remind me of Ronaldo at all though! biggrin.gif

Same here!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 15 2008, 08:16 PM)
And oh, Pato reminds me more of Pele than anyone else. There can be only one Ronaldo. king.gif

Seriously I think he is a class of his own. he will become an all time great if you ask me.
Fillipo Simone
Against Reggina I'd give Paloschi the starting chance and rest maybe Pato and ecen Inzaghi for Inter. On the other hand, if we approach to this match as a must-win and if we consider that there are chances we loose a 4th strait derby..maybe we shouldn't play around and start seriously..
Tennie
Double training today.

In the morning session, there was a variety of work in small groups, e.g. sprints, Sand Pit Of Doom, woods, etc.

In the afternoon session, there was more tactical stuff, ball possession drills, and a practice game. No individual player was named in the description of the afternoon session so no guesses on anyone's state of health.

As noted in the Oddo thread, today is Oddo's first day back after knee surgery. He's stated that he doesn't think he'll be ready for Saturday's game but leaves it up to the coaches regarding his availability for next weekend's game (v. Livorno away).
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 15 2008, 04:46 PM)

Come on, give Pato some credit! You might as well say Pato's as good at football as a rhino if you're gonna make comparisons like that!

I'm really not sure on this game, Milan are just too unpredictable. We'll just have to wait and see, but it's a must win.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 16 2008, 08:02 AM)
Sand Pit Of Doom

Heh. smile.gif

It should be quicksand. Anyone who has a bad game gets chucked in. smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 16 2008, 10:09 PM)
Come on, give Pato some credit! You might as well say Pato's as good at football as a rhino if you're gonna make comparisons like that!

You're right, but comparing someone to another player doesn't really undermine their capabilities, though the press loves to pin anyone as the new Pele, Maradonna, and whatnot. For Pato the comparisons are there: getting in the playing XI at such an early age, scoring on debut, etc. And all this without taking anything from the boy, and his individual talents. I'm fairly certain if everything goes well for him, he'll become an all-time great, and join the others in the footballing hall of fame. The signs are all there. cool.gif

QUOTE(acid911)
Arrogance is playing Kalac when your No 1 is ready and available.

Gee, I've been quoted. I feel so, so flattered! sleepysmiley03.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 17 2008, 03:27 PM)
You're right, but comparing someone to another player doesn't really undermine their capabilities, though the press loves to pin anyone as the new Pele, Maradonna, and whatnot.

Nothing wrong with comparing players. I just think Pato looks a great player, while I don't rate Pele at all. wink.gif
Rossoneri7
@ Kurt .. I hope your not talking about this Pele
kurtsimonw
I stopped watching after Benfica, the defending in that was.. awful. If he played against top teams consistantly I'd agree he was great, but he didn't. It is fact that he never played in Europe, and my opinion that because of that he's not as great as everyone else thinks. And I've seen thousends of videos, my opinion isn't going to change.

I'm sure there are lots of very below average Serie A strikers that've scored goals past Inter, Milan and Sampdoria before anyways.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 17 2008, 08:31 PM)
Nothing wrong with comparing players. I just think Pato looks a great player, while I don't rate Pele at all.

To be honest, I'm not too mad about Pele either. For all the gajillions of goals he scored, he should have at least tried his skills in Europe. Serie A in particular (as it was the best league at that time). The Argentinian at least played quite a lot for Napoli, but then again I'm not mad about Maradonna either. wink.gif

That's not taking away the fact that they were good players, and for most even great. For me, I'd take Paolo over them day in and day out. king.gif
kurtsimonw
If Pele wasn't Brazillian, you wouldn't hear so much about him. Just how often do you hear about Gerd Muller, and he scored ridiculous amounts of goals!

A good player? Yes, Pele was. Nothing more than that for me.
Tennie
Good news from today's training! smile.gif

Pato followed the entire training with the group! 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif

Janku trained separately, however. So did Seedorf. Nobody else was mentioned by name. That said, the published photos of the session. The players whose health/status has been questionable (Oddo, Sergio, Cafu, Emerson, etc) were ALL in the pictures. No Czechs or Turtles, however.
armiss
Tennie updates are really good ! thanx
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 17 2008, 10:12 PM)
Janku trained separately, however. So did Seedorf. Nobody else was mentioned by name. That said, the published photos of the session. The players whose health/status has been questionable (Oddo, Sergio, Cafu, Emerson, etc) were ALL in the pictures. No Czechs or Turtles, however.

And somebody said they had trouble with creative writing. Wonder who that was? unsure.gif huh.gif tongue.gif
redbabies
Pato is said to be back and 100% fit.

He might even play in this match.
morgoth
Don Paolo got injured and he could be out for the rest of the season, at least that's what I understood ohmy.gif cry.gif

Source

Could someone confirm it, please?
Tennie
Today's training from acmilan.com:

Il Capitano pulled a muscle (doesn't sound serious) yesterday and didn't train. sad.gif

Seedorf and Pippo trained in the gym. Janku did individual training.

The rest of the team went through a regular training session. In the practice game at the end of training, Oddo scored what acmilan.com describes as 'a lovely goal'. Maybe Elena Grimaldi DID help him recover biggrin.gif

Tomorrow, training, Carletto's press conference, and the call up list.
Tennie
As regards the mediaset article, it's claiming that people are concerned about the muscle pull Maldini got at the end of yesterday's training. Nobody's sure of anything yet and tests will give an indication of the extent of the damage (if any). If the results show stuff like a muscle tear, then yeah...season's over for Il Capitano.
morgoth
Thanks Teenie smile.gif
acid911
Let's hope it's nothing serious. We can't lose him for the remaining matches. sad.gif
Tennie
Uhoh.

MILANELLO - L’A.C. Milan comunica che il calciatore Paolo Maldini è stato sottoposto oggi a esame strutturale che ha evidenziato una lesione ai flessori della coscia sinistra. Lunedì prossimo Maldini, che nel frattempo svolge un lavoro fisioterapico, si sottoporrà a un’ulteriore indagine per stabilire i tempi di recupero.

[AC Milan announces that Paolo Maldini was examined today. The examination showed a lesion to the flessor (?) muscle of his left thigh. Next Monday Maldini, who in the mean time will do physiotherapy, will be evaluated to determine recovery time.] cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
Zed.D
Sh1t...

Let's hope Janku makes a faster recovery...
dst
God will be back! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.