Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan Agree Ronaldinho Deal - Report
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2
Zed.D
Milan Agree Ronaldinho Deal - Report

Milan have agreed a deal with Barcelona and Ronaldinho’s brother and agent Roberto De Assis that looks as though it may see the Brazilian line up for the Rossoneri next season...

Reports from both Italy and Spain have suggested that a deal has been reached between both parties for the Brazilian star.

Onda Catalana Radio have claimed that Milan director Adriano Galliani had flown to Barcelona on Thursday and that a meeting took place between him, De Assis, Ernesto Bronzetti and Barcelona director Txiki Beguiristain.

It seems as if Ronaldinho’s brother has been asked the Blaugrana permission to begin working towards a deal which will see the Brazilian move to Italy.

At the moment Roanldinho is tied to the club until 2010 and he has a sensational buy out clause of €125 million. However, it seems as though €20 million will be enough to secure the player’s passage to Milan.

Ronaldinho has been a target for Milan for quite some time and he has been on their transfer wish list since he was at Brazilian side Gremio.

Galliani as well as Silvio Berlusconi have stepped up their interest in 'Gaucho' during his decline in Catalonia, and though they briefly rebuffed the idea of signing him earlier this year, they soon renewed their interest and it seems as if they have now finally got their man.

link
Zed.D
It seems he's Milan-bound... hope we get him for less than 20 million euros!
arivanjj
interesting... there's a chance that all these reports are coming in cause of the latest comments from Berlusconi
Zed.D
^^

This one's from Independent:

Milan open talks with Barcelona for £15m Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho appeared to move a step closer to a £15m move to AC Milan last night when it was reported that the Barcelona striker's agent had met with high-ranking officials from both clubs.

The player's representative and brother, Roberto de Assis, is understood to have met with Barcelona's Sporting Director Txiki Begiristain and Milan representative Ernesto Bronzetti in a Barcelona hotel yesterday.

This season Ronaldinho has managed just 13 appearances, and only this week a high ranking Barça official claimed he was deliberately being separated from the rest of the squad because of his off-the-field conduct.

Referring to unnamed players, Xavier Sala Martí* said: "For many weeks now they have been exiled and we disguise it as injuries and the like, but these players are ostracised and there is an effort to keep them away from the rest of the team."

independent.co.uk
kurtsimonw
The dark age of Milan is set to continue. A real shame.
Zed.D
Galliani: Dinho and Sheva are ours

Friday 11 April, 2008

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani claims the Rossoneri have a “180 per cent chance” of signing both Ronaldinho and Andriy Shevchenko.

There are reports in the peninsula that Milan are closing in on an agreement with Barcelona for the transfer of unsettled Brazilian ace Ronaldinho.

At the same time, President Silvio Berlusconi has stated that he expects to secure the return of former striking star Shevchenko and Galliani doesn’t believe the deals to be mutually exclusive.

“Ronaldinho and Shevchenko are 180 per cent Milan players,” he revealed to journalists last night.

Press sources state that agent Ernesto Bronzetti acted as a middleman in a meeting between Barca’s Txiri Begiristain and Galliani on Thursday evening to discuss Dinho’s future.

Inter had been in the frame to swoop for the two-time FIFA World Player of the Year, but they now seem to be out of the race.

“We only want to talk to Milan,” Dinho’s agent and brother Roberto De Assis confirmed. “He will either go there or stay at Barcelona.”

Bronzetti is expected to arrive in Italy’s fashion capital at the weekend to smooth talks between Galliani and De Assis.

.: Football Italia :.
m1ke
Am I the only one who is excited by this transfer? I've been saying for years that we need a R20 type player - hopefully my wish will come true devil.gif
Zed.D
I've got this weird feeling that Ronaldinho and Sheva will be our only signings in attack... plus maybe a Oliveira/Borriello recall (if we're planning to sell Gila).
Zed.D
QUOTE (m1ke @ Apr 11 2008, 01:22 PM)
Am I the only one who is excited by this transfer? I've been saying for years that we need a R20 type player - hopefully my wish will come true devil.gif

I am excited too... mainly because I have no idea whether this is gonna turn out to be a good transfer or not!
arivanjj
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 11 2008, 07:53 PM)
I am excited too... mainly because I have no idea whether this is gonna turn out to be a good transfer or not!

+1

wat does 180% mean? 90% each? lol
armiss
That means Excitement !

i'm waiting
armiss
The BEST PART :

Inter had been in the frame to swoop for the two-time FIFA World Player of the Year, but they now seem to be out of the race.

“We only want to talk to Milan,” Dinho’s agent and brother Roberto De Assis confirmed. “He will either go there or stay at Barcelona.” 96.gif

Dinho what do you think about mORattio ? laugh.gif
han2503
If this is true then I'm all for it. Sheva no matter what his history with us is pure class and if he truly comes back then I have no doubt that he will be back to his best, R10 has some question marks behind him, but I believe changing clubs (specifically to Milan) will do him good

And if we did in fact get them it will leave us the summer to concentrate on the defence, mainly the keeper, CB and a LB

And hopefully a real solid defensive mid.
redbabies
Dinho have still a lot to offer.

But Sheva.... this is like a "Ba" situation.
Warchant
QUOTE (m1ke @ Apr 11 2008, 04:52 AM)

very very very very excited!
Jack Sparrow
+1

Never felt so much anticipation and trepidation at the same time. Hmm...maybe there was those penalty shootouts in the CL finals...but this is so much more spread out.
Zed.D
It's serious guys! from Reuters:

Ronaldinho agrees general terms with AC Milan

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:50am BST

MILAN (Reuters) - Ronaldinho has agreed initial terms with AC Milan and the Serie A club will now speak to Barcelona about a deal, Milan and the player's agent have said.

The 28-year-old Brazilian has had a difficult few months at the Nou Camp because of injury and loss of form and a move has long been mooted.

The forward is out for the rest of the campaign with a leg injury and a transfer can not officially go through until the end of the season.

"In general Ronaldinho and Milan are in agreement," his agent and brother Roberto de Assis was quoted as saying on the Gazzetta dello Sport Web site (www.gazzetta.it) on Saturday.

Gazzetta said a deal up to 2012 worth eight million euros ($12.6 million) a year was in the pipeline with a few clauses to be agreed.

Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani said: "There is a general agreement with the player. Now a deal has to be reached with Barcelona. Give us time."

Spanish and Italian media reports have speculated about a transfer fee of between 20 and 30 million euros while some newspapers have talked about Ronaldinho buying up the rest of his contract at Barca.

Milan are fifth in Serie A and in danger of missing next year's Champions League after a poor season. They were dumped out of this year's Champions League as holders by Arsenal in the first knockout round.

Carlo Ancelotti's men have struggled to score and create goals with Brazilian Ronaldo playing just a handful of games before being ruled out long term with a knee injury.

Fellow striker Alberto Gilardino has been lacklustre and world player of the year Kaka has been far from his best.

Despite their troubles, Ancelotti has been assured of his job next term.

(Writing by Mark Meadows; Editing by John O'Brien)

Reuters
fahad
and that Morroti is trying to get a deal with barca seems like suazo to me but on oppsite sides of the table
dst
unsure.gif

Is it true? Well... I'll wait to see them presented at Milanello... Suazo's tramsfer was even announced on the official website and he's not a Milan player...
redbabies
I cant imagine how beautifull he'll look in red&black! devil.gif

still....I won't get too excited until I see him with Milan jersey in front of cameras with Galliani next to him.
fahad
yea nthing can be believed until the player gets the shirt
weeeow
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Finalily!

M1ke, I share your excitement! biggrin.gif
Tennie
The latest from tuttomercatoweb is that an official announcement will be made after the CL final -- or if Barca lose in the semis, after that.

Ronalidnho's brother is apparently house-hunting in Milan.
redbabies
What number do you think he'll take (always if he comes of course)??

I thought about 2 options:
No 11 - if Gila leaves, or No 20!

Another option is No 10, but if Seedorfs is to release that number, the first choice for me is KAKA!!!
redbabies
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 12 2008, 02:21 PM)
The latest from tuttomercatoweb is that an official announcement will be made after the CL final -- or if Barca lose in the semis, after that.

Yes, it pretty obvious that an official announcement won't be made till season ends, or at least close to ending.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 12 2008, 03:21 PM)

This is the worse deal ever. Not only are we going to get a disillusioned player but we'll also be seeing more of his irritating brother!
Portman
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 12 2008, 02:23 PM)

Another option is No 10, but if Seedorfs is to release that number, the first choice for me is KAKA!!!

Seedorf said some months ago he'll have no problems giving the #10 shirt to Ronaldinho.
han2503
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 12 2008, 01:23 PM)

If Gila leaves I think the #11 will go to Pato he's always said he's liked the number more and that's what he usually plays in but couldn't take it at Milan because it was already Gila's

And especially if Sheva comes back he'll probably take the #7
redbabies
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 12 2008, 02:38 PM)
This is the worse deal ever. Not only are we going to get a disillusioned player but we'll also be seeing more of his irritating brother!

(I hope) You'll regret these words by October! smile.gif

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 12 2008, 03:28 PM)
If Gila leaves I think the #11 will go to Pato he's always said he's liked the number more and that's what he usually plays in but couldn't take it at Milan because it was already Gila's

that would be the 2nd stupidest thing Milan could do (after the 1st stupidest being the signing of Sheva itself)!
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 12 2008, 04:28 PM)

If all that happens then Kaka should take #7. Sheva can go...

QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 12 2008, 04:29 PM)
(I hope) You'll regret these words by October!  smile.gif

Me too. sleep.gif
Habitant
i'd say overall this isnt a bad transfer for us so far.

20m is much better than the 70-80 million we offered last year rolleyes.gif so i must say if the reports are true this is a bargain for us.

we do have a reputation of rekindling washed out stars so i think R20 has a good chance reviving his career here especially with all the brazilian influence.

we desperately needed a transfer of this magnitude. even tho he's career is in tatters this still remains a big transfer.

my only worry is kaka and r20 playing together... ya you could argue play kaka behind pato and ronaldinho (played as a SS) but because of their tendencies it will end up looking like a christmas tree formation and i dont feel like pato is that comfortable up front a lone and i can see kaka and ronaldinho getting in each others way. anyways it remains to be seen...

also i'm a little worried that we're becoming too brazlian, i really do hope we pick up an italian or two (barzagli would be great! or rosina! i could name a few more...) coupled with zambrotta who seems to be coming as well.

also i'd like to see us getting another striker in the relm of gomez, berbatov and not sheva which is only going to hinder us inn the long run. a case of two steps forward, three steps back...

lone out gila and sell boriello and we should be doing fine up front.
morgoth
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 12 2008, 11:35 AM)
unsure.gif

Is it true? Well... I'll wait to see them presented at Milanello... Suazo's tramsfer was even announced on the official website and he's not a Milan player...

Yeah, that was something laugh.gif

QUOTE (Habitant @ Apr 12 2008, 05:07 PM)
i'd say overall this isnt a bad transfer for us so far.

20m is much better than the 70-80 million we offered last year rolleyes.gif so i must say if the reports are true this is a bargain for us.

we do have a reputation of rekindling washed out stars so i think R20 has a good chance reviving his career here especially with all the brazilian influence.

we desperately needed a transfer of this magnitude. even tho he's career is in tatters this still remains a big transfer.

my only worry is kaka and r20 playing together... ya you could argue play kaka behind pato and ronaldinho (played as a SS) but because of their tendencies it will end up looking like a christmas tree formation and i dont feel like pato is that comfortable up front a lone and i can see kaka and ronaldinho getting in each others way. anyways it remains to be seen...

also i'm a little worried that we're becoming too brazlian, i really do hope we pick up an italian or two (barzagli would be great! or rosina! i could name a few more...) coupled with zambrotta who seems to be coming as well.

also i'd like to see us getting another striker in the relm of gomez, berbatov and not sheva which is only going to hinder us inn the long run. a case of two steps forward, three steps back...

lone out gila and sell boriello and we should be doing fine up front.

I don't think Milan ever offered money for R10 since he was not up to sale, Laporta said (last year) that Milan wanted Eto'o not R10.

For what it's worth I think R10 and Kaka can play only with one striker, and it has to be someone like Gila/Pippo/Borriello/Drogba of course the best would be Drogba but he'll probably end up with the merda so ...
I honestly think it would be a bad move for Milan to buy him, especially is Adriano goes back to the other side, it would be like party every night, with might even fear for R99 laugh.gif
Zed.D
Now that the fans are let down is the best time to announce the Ronaldinho deal...
Habitant
QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 12 2008, 09:52 PM)
Yeah, that was something laugh.gif
I don't think Milan ever offered money for R10 since he was not up to sale, Laporta said (last year) that Milan wanted Eto'o not R10.

For what it's worth I think R10 and Kaka can play only with one striker, and it has to be someone like Gila/Pippo/Borriello/Drogba of course the best would be Drogba but he'll probably end up with the merda so ...
I honestly think it would be a bad move for Milan to buy him, especially is Adriano goes back to the other side, it would be like party every night, with might even fear for R99 laugh.gif

allegedly nothing formal. but silvio stated on numerous occasions they would offer that much for him. if barca were willing they would have offered him too us and we would have accepted the fee
maldini03
wow this stinks for Barca. smile.gif They would have gotten 70 million last summer and now they would be lucky to get 30 smile.gif
redbabies
Milan: Dinho deal is done

Inter may claim Ronaldinho won’t move without consulting them, but Adriano Galliani and agent Roberto de Assis insist: “The deal is done.”

Milan have stated for some time that the Brazilian would only leave Barcelona for them and this week they intensified the process in negotiations with his agent.

“Yesterday there was a basic agreement in principle,” explained general manager Galliani. “Now there is a real deal.”  devil.gif

An official move has not yet been announced, but this is as close as the club can get to making that statement.

The problem lies with Barcelona, who do not want to lose the former World and European Player of the Year through FIFA’s new rule for just £13m.

In a bid to get preferential treatment in negotiations, it is reported that Inter have offered £20m and Manchester City up to £32m.

However, agent – and Ronaldinho’s brother – de Assis was in Turin for last night’s Juventus-Milan match and made his position clear.

“Ronaldinho would very much like to play for a team like Milan and he acted entirely professionally, asking Barcelona for permission to negotiate,” he told Italian television.

“Inter? At this moment we are talking to Milan.”

That doesn’t necessarily mean the Nerazzurri won’t try to intercept with a proposal of their own, but at this moment in time the Rossoneri are in Pole Position.

President Massimo Moratti may well be waiting for Milan to mathematically miss out on a Champions League place before launching his assault on Ronaldinho.

“The player and Barcelona will not move a muscle before hearing our proposal. By ‘ours’, I mean that of Inter,” said Moratti on Saturday.

“What will we do? We have taken some time out to evaluate various situations. In the meantime, though, we are receiving unequivocal signs of interest.”
Zed.D
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Apr 13 2008, 05:54 PM)
wow this stinks for Barca.  smile.gif  They would have gotten 70 million last summer and now they would be lucky to get 30 smile.gif

They're stupid! they thought he would renew his contract but he didn't!
sansiro1708
im happy but worried.
is carletto gonna be able to make a formation in which kaka and dinho be capable to play 100% at there best?
acid911
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Apr 14 2008, 01:02 AM)
im happy but worried.
is carletto gonna be able to make a formation in which kaka and dinho be capable to play 100% at there best?

Well, a lot of that depends on whether Carletto is still our coach at the end of the season? It's 50-50 at the moment. huh.gif laugh.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 13 2008, 09:19 PM)
Well, a lot of that depends on whether Carletto is still our coach at the end of the season? It's 50-50 at the moment. huh.gif laugh.gif

You still doubt that huh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 14 2008, 01:32 AM)
You still doubt that

Can't help it. I'm a happy-go-lucky, 50-50, middle of the road guy. innocent.gif Though I see, other members are not. Some really want change, while others are ready to die for Carlo. But what's important is the fact that whatever happens it will be for the best. Ancelotti's had a fun ride in his years at the helm, no one can deny that.

We'll, of course, see which way the camel sits by the end of August. tongue.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 13 2008, 09:56 PM)
Can't help it. I'm a happy-go-lucky, 50-50, middle of the road guy. innocent.gif Though I see, other members are not. Some really want change, while others are ready to die for Carlo. But what's important is the fact that whatever happens it will be for the best. Ancelotti's had a fun ride in his years at the helm, no one can deny that.

We'll, of course, see which way the camel sits by the end of August. tongue.gif

You got me wrong (or I didn't understand) but I'm not a fan of Carlo at all, it's just that our stupid management said they'll keep him even through intertoto cup so ...
acid911
QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 14 2008, 02:05 AM)
You got me wrong (or I didn't understand) but I'm not a fan of Carlo at all, it's just that our stupid management said they'll keep him even through intertoto cup so ...

Most probably you misunderstood. biggrin.gif I respect your opinion, and besides my post wasn't aimed at anyone specific (they very rarely are). As for me? I won't mind seeing Carlo at the top next season, but I still believe a change of coach/strategy is very much in order.
dst
@Acid.

I don't get what you're trying to say in your sig. There truly were two signings in January. One was Pato (of course) and the other one was Ronaldo... isn't it pretty obvious?
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 14 2008, 02:20 AM)
I don't get what you're trying to say in your sig. There truly were two signings in January. One was Pato (of course) and the other one was Ronaldo... isn't it pretty obvious?

Lol, Tennie, make sure you add this in the "Quotes of the Week" thread. laugh.gif

And just in case you were serious, dst, - which I doubt you were - Galliani meant January 2008. And if I'm not mistaken Ronaldo came in January 2007. Same goes for Pato. We didn't sign anyone in the winter transfer window this year.

But oh well, who are we to argue with Galliani. I can't believe we've had a guy like Galliani at the top of Milan for all these years. As Porty would say: "He's a F Joke". We should have gone for guys like Torres, Benzama (considering his idol, Ronaldo, is with us), Ribery, and other youung/upcoming players. Even if it cost 100 million, cause we would have earned all of it back by winning in Europe. sad.gif
dst
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 13 2008, 11:37 PM)
And just in case you were serious, dst, - which I doubt you were - Galliani meant January 2008. And if I'm not mistaken Ronaldo came in January 2007. Same goes for Pato. We didn't sign anyone in the winter transfer window this year.

Ah! You still don't get it? Pato only played in 2008 so he is a January signing and Ronaldo had only featured in one game before Christmas so he was like a new acquisition too... and he's going to be such next season as well...

-and of course I'm (not) being serious-
Zed.D
^^

biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Apr 13 2008, 02:02 PM)
im happy but worried.

yup it exists.

its called 4-3-1-1-1

like so:

goalie
=rb-----cb--cb-----lb

==-===dm--------

--cm------------cm---

-----kaka=======
===========ronnie

===-===pato--------

ronnie and kaka wont get in each others way. Ronnie is very versitle and can swith to LW and CAM flawlessy. Kaka prefers middle and then goes wide for one of his runs. We do that with seedorf right now but the problem is seedorf is slow and maybe can do one of his worldclass passes to kaka 50% of the time. With ronnie he may get the ball from kaka send thru ball or set up pato or take a shot himself.

It will work you will see. Only downfall is that seedorf actually defends occasionaly where as ronnie blink.gif

Eventhough we may call it the christmas tree or whatver you call it kaka and ronnie will have different roles every game i assure you. ronnie plays a very slow and pirlo-esque role while kaka takes teh ball from mid and delivers it into attack personally. the combination of his thru balls with kaka and pato will be sick.

last worlcup the problem with perrera was that he wanted kaka to bring ball up and provide passing for ronnie and ronaldo. They would then do the major attacking and kaka would remain in central role for most of the time. He closed kaka down and kaka would have a hard time playing at his best because his job was supporter. If ronnie and kaka had switched role and kaka was allowed to freeroam with all players on the team supporting him, brazil would have played a lot better. In milan it will work. Ronnie will start wide then move to centre and kaka will start centre and move wide. Pato will drop deep and take the ball or go wide himself. A player like kaka needs space to play and moves all over the pitch to find space. Ronni doesn't need that as much and can move to closed areas alot better than kaka. Thats why kaka seedorf partnership works cause seedorf can play in closed area. Kaka and ronnie will play a beautiful passing game. They have very accurate passing, can create oppurtunities and aswell as finish them. Thats what galliani and berlu and carlo see and that is why he did so well at barca because he could do that with messi and deco. When he was fast he could do kaka style runs and play in closed space hence why he was the beast that he was.
vnata001
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 16 2008, 12:07 AM)
yup it exists.

its called 4-3-1-1-1

like so:

goalie
=rb-----cb--cb-----lb

==-===dm--------

--cm------------cm---

-----kaka=======
===========ronnie

===-===pato--------
ronnie and kaka wont get in each others way.  Ronnie is very versitle and can swith to LW and CAM flawlessy.  Kaka prefers middle and then goes wide for one of his runs.  We do that with seedorf right now but the problem is seedorf is slow and maybe can do one of his worldclass passes to kaka 50% of the time.  With ronnie he may get the ball from kaka send thru ball or set up pato or take a shot himself. 

It will work you will see.  Only downfall is that seedorf actually defends occasionaly where as ronnie  blink.gif   

Eventhough we may call it the christmas tree or whatver you call it kaka and ronnie will have different roles every game i assure you.  ronnie plays a very slow and pirlo-esque role while kaka takes teh ball from mid and delivers it into attack personally.  the combination of his thru balls with kaka and pato will be sick.

last worlcup the problem with perrera was that he wanted kaka to bring ball up and provide passing for ronnie and ronaldo. They would then do the major attacking and kaka would remain in central role for most of the time.  He closed kaka down and kaka would have a hard time playing at his best because his job was supporter.  If ronnie and kaka had switched role and kaka was allowed to freeroam with all players on the team supporting him, brazil would have played a lot better.  In milan it will work.  Ronnie will start wide then move to centre and kaka will start centre and move wide.  Pato will drop deep and take the ball or go wide himself.  A player like kaka needs space to play and moves all over the pitch to find space.  Ronni doesn't need that as much and can move to closed areas alot better than kaka.  Thats why kaka seedorf partnership works cause seedorf can play in closed area.  Kaka and ronnie will play a beautiful passing game.  They have very accurate passing, can create oppurtunities and aswell as finish them.  Thats what galliani and berlu and carlo see and that is why he did so well at barca because he could do that with messi and deco.  When he was fast he could do kaka style runs and play in closed space hence why he was the beast that he was.

^^^^^

thanks. now i need to change my boxers..no really, thanks. tongue.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Apr 16 2008, 01:22 AM)
^^^^^

thanks. now i need to change my boxers..no really, thanks.  tongue.gif

no problem tongue.gif I will probably have to go over my budget in laundry next campaign cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.