Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galliani: Mission Scudetto 2009
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
redbabies
Milan are focusing on the Scudetto next season, assures Adriano Galliani, and their first reinforcement is likely to come from West Ham.

The fans have protested recently that the Rossoneri have put all their energy into the Champions League and Club World Cup, notching up a series of disappointing Serie A finishes.

“Milan must play the next season trying to win the Scudetto,” conceded the general manager on Sky Italia.

“We have been struggling for the past two years and so must change our priorities and look to do very well in Serie A.”

At the moment they are in a four-way race for fourth position with Fiorentina, Udinese and Sampdoria, so participation in Europe’s top competition is far from a certainty next term.

“If we do get into the Champions League – which we will do everything to achieve – or another Cup, then that is a different matter.

“Milan will construct a side to win the Scudetto. From next year we are changing our objectives.”

Fans handed out leaflets during last night’s 3-1 win over Cagliari protesting at the transfer strategy adopted in the past three years.

With Serginho, Marek Jankulovski and Massimo Oddo injured, the team was shorn of wide players despite fielding a 4-4-2 system.

It is now reported the Diavolo are trying to rectify that situation by swooping for Northern Ireland international George McCartney.

The 26-year-old left-back has impressed at West Ham United and, according to the Sunday Mirror, has been earmarked for a Milan offer.

The prime candidate for that position is Gianluca Zambrotta of Barcelona, but the fact the former Juventus star can play a number of roles means it does not exclude McCartney’s arrival as well.

Milan have solid links with West Ham because their new director general is Gianluca Nani, formerly of Brescia.

anyone, any opinion about McCartney? unsure.gif

I follow Premiership, but I didn't notice that player, tbh!
Ry4n
My bro says he's average and he watches the premiership , not to sure my self dont watch it as often as Serie A
fahad
George McCartney 26 not famous what the point if he was 21-24 then may be but it depends on how gud he is
kurtsimonw
George McCartney, that has to be something made up, surely. He's a very average player on a very average team. I'd question our ambition, or lack of it, if we even considered going for someone like him.
fahad
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 6 2008, 04:27 PM)
George McCartney, that has to be something made up, surely. He's a very average player on a very average team. I'd question our ambition, or lack of it, if we even considered going for someone like him.

hopfully it is just rubbish news then
Zed.D
Who the hell is McCartney? please stop kidding me! rolleyes.gif
whoarethepatriots
That Mcartney news is proabably made up

I distinctly remember Galliani saying we would challenge for this years Scudetto, then inexplicably he said we were focusing on CWC and everything else was secondary...
weeeow
simply b/s

our primary target is ALWAYS CL.

FFS Galliani! 96.gif
I_Rossoneri
In that article it says that the McCartney transfer was written in the sunday mirror

Enough said! wink.gif
Warchant
why can't we have a team that is capable of focusing on the CL and the Scudetto? man u seems to be doing a fine job of it...i don't see why we can't as well.
morgoth
George who?! For pity's sake, Fester is already preparing the way for the UEFA Cup laugh.gif First he said Ancelotti's place is safe even if he doesn't reach the CL spot, and now he says we'll fight for scudetto next season!!!

This is a diversion, so typical rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Apr 6 2008, 01:49 PM)
That Mcartney news is proabably made up

I distinctly remember Galliani saying we would challenge for this years Scudetto, then inexplicably he said we were focusing on CWC and everything else was secondary...

I can't see it being made up to be honest. Why on earth would someone make up a rumour like that? It wouldn't make sense to either, making one up about Ronaldinho, Drogba, etc would be more logical and sell more papers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.