Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Schuster: Ronaldo beats Kaka
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Dildil
Schuster: Ronaldo beats Kaka
3.4 || webmaster

Football Italia

Real Madrid Coach Bernd Schuster claims that Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo is a better player than Milan ace Kaka.

Kaka secured the FIFA World Player of the Year and the Ballon d’Or award last year, but the Brazilian midfielder has come off the boil since during an injury-plagued start to 2008.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo took his tally to 36 for the season with his goal against Roma last night and is on unstoppable form.

“Ronaldo has already overtaken Kaka after the Brazilian’s slump,” Schuster insisted.

“Right now, Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world. He’s the star at Old Trafford and until they win the Champions League and another League title or two they aren’t going to let him go.

“I don’t think he could be signed at the moment, but hopefully in another couple of years he could be wearing the white shirt at the Bernabeu.”

No comment
kurtsimonw
He's right. But why the hell does he even need to say this? This is why you're screwing up, concentrate on your own damn players!
Tennie
Maybe this summer the Marca and As articles will be about how C Ronaldo wants to go to Madrid. smile.gif
Portman
No news then.
acid911
He has been the absolute best player in the world - no two words about it. And I'm certain there isn't much time for other players to mount an assault and come close to what Christiano has done up till now. I remember him being severely disappointed last season when he came in second, and that surely was the catalyst for him to improve by leaps this year. A tally of 36 is no mean feat, either way one looks at it.

Even though I don't like the man much, the least I can do is admit he's been a gem of a player in 2007-08. Now, let's see whether he can repeat this next year. sleep.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Porty)
-4 with 21 points to play.

Better make that 15 points, Port, because seriously I can't see us drawing let alone winning our two matches with Juve and Inter. Unless something drastic happens, or Carlo takes some tips on motivating the players. I wouldn't be comfortable with +4 and 21 points to play, and we're sitting at the opposite end of that. sad.gif
Warchant
honestly...player wise, ronaldo is surrounded by all stars...kaka is not and still won player of the year

he completely outshined him last year and ronadldo is outshining him this year...doesn't really say that one is better than the other.

all though one is an arrogant prick and one is not..so in my mind, kaka has the edge.

i also believe kaka will last longer as a great player.
jbryant1
In the end its all about statistics and how well your team is doing. Much of Man United's sucess has come from Ronaldo's scoring and breaking apart defenses. Just as last season our only offense was Kaka and the occasional magical Inzaghi goal. I still think the skill of Ronaldinho is there its just a bad environment at Barcelona for him, they just turned on him.

Man United is younger and just overall the probably the most exciting team in Europe.

As I have been saying for the past two years build an offense around Kaka and we will be unstoppable. Pato is the first step in the right direction. We were all calling for Torres. Half of you on this site could do a better job picking players than Galliani and the stooges.

Unfortunately we are an Italian team, one that is arrogant and stubborn, filled with past looking action. In the England or Spain these guys would be ripped to shreds but in the elite dominated Italian league they keep getting a pass.

Its good the fans are booing the bad performances because they still are paying the high euro prices to see their team play. Plus its to see Inter to become so dominate and to see Milan fall back to into one of the most profitable and cheap teams in the world. Its really a slap in the face to see that Milan fallen at home. I say boo Maldini, why should he get a pass every game because he's Maldini. The best 11 play period.
Bluesummers
blah blah blah! I would take kaka over him anyday. Kaka can kill a match with one pass as shown in athens last spring. The diver can i guess can kill wigan rolleyes.gif and then cry about how he the players are hurting him or how carrick can't make a good pass.
kurtsimonw
I didn't see him doing much crying when he put Roma out of the CL on Tuesday.

The annoying thing is, he's had one hell of a season, he is going to score at least 40 goals - Yes 40, it's a ridiculous number for anybody to score - and will more than likely end up with another league title and a Champions League winners medal. Then he'll be even more arrogant.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2008, 10:19 AM)
The annoying thing is, he's had one hell of a season, he is going to score at least 40 goals - Yes 40, it's a ridiculous number for anybody to score - and will more than likely end up with another league title and a Champions League winners medal. Then he'll be even more arrogant.

****! Hope he won't. Maybe he'll relax instead? unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
Hopefully, but I doubt it.

Imagine if Portugal were to win Euro2008 as well? That'd be just terrible, his head would be as big as the earth.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2008, 11:13 AM)
Imagine if Portugal were to win Euro2008 as well? That'd be just terrible, his head would be as big as the earth.

biggrin.gif Well, if that happens (and it's not very unlikely), I will excuse him... tongue.gif
fahad
Fair enough Ronaldo is a better player this season but kaka this year played with injury and as for goal scoring record playing a winger in england and AM in italy it is a huge different...
fresh_prince7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2008, 04:19 PM)
I didn't see him doing much crying when he put Roma out of the CL on Tuesday.

In the first half he didn't stop whinging everytime he got fouled or 'thought' he was fouled. Had his hands raised to the sky, making every foul as theatric as possible. Look at kaka' gets the same sort of treatment, he might have a quick word, but he doesn't go berate the ref or start crying. Simply put just get on with it.

That being said the football he's produced this season has been ridiculous.
han2503
I think it would be better for him to shut up and worry about his own team rolleyes.gif

Kaka last season showed up Ronaldo on all his pony tricks in the semi finals.

It's highly unfair to judge this season since Kaka has been struggling with injury for most of it, and even while playing with his knee problem still showed some great displays.

Ronaldo might score tons of goals in the premier league but I'm still yet to see him show up in a really big game. Where was he last season in one of the biggest games he's ever played? hiding his face in the San Siro grass. If I were Shcuster I would wait before I start passing judgment
Fillipo Simone
I'm still not allright calling the boy "Ronaldo". To me there's only one Ronaldo, our Ronaldo, Il Fenomeno...

This Manchester guy can be called CR, Cristiano, Chris, Ronny or whatever..
That's the only thing I wanted to add in this discussion,..
I_Rossoneri
I must admit I cannot stand CR but results speak for themselves and he has been doing it in the CL, so in that respect yes he is the best player in the world by a country mile. My only hope is that the curse of the ballon d'or continues if he wins it smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 3 2008, 11:11 AM)
I must admit I cannot stand CR but results speak for themselves and he has been doing it in the CL, so in that respect yes he is the best player in the world by a country mile. My only hope is that the curse of the ballon d'or continues if he wins it smile.gif

not much of acurse cause flopaldinho won it 2 years ina row wink.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (Dildil @ Apr 2 2008, 09:29 PM)
Schuster: Ronaldo beats Kaka
3.4 || webmaster

Football Italia

Real Madrid Coach Bernd Schuster claims that Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo is a better player than Milan ace Kaka.

Kaka secured the FIFA World Player of the Year and the Ballon d’Or award last year, but the Brazilian midfielder has come off the boil since during an injury-plagued start to 2008.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo took his tally to 36 for the season with his goal against Roma last night and is on unstoppable form.

“Ronaldo has already overtaken Kaka after the Brazilian’s slump,” Schuster insisted.

“Right now, Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world. He’s the star at Old Trafford and until they win the Champions League and another League title or two they aren’t going to let him go.

“I don’t think he could be signed at the moment, but hopefully in another couple of years he could be wearing the white shirt at the Bernabeu.”

No comment

This guy is comparing CR to an injured Kaka.... what a stupid *****
han2503
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 4 2008, 11:43 AM)
This guy is comparing CR to an injured Kaka.... what a stupid *****

Exactly my point rolleyes.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 4 2008, 06:09 AM)
not much of acurse cause flopaldinho won it 2 years ina row  wink.gif

...and what has he done this season wink.gif
whoarethepatriots
R.M want Ronaldo, its no surprise then he throws a massive compliment his way, to try and sweeten him up
mallamkay
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 2 2008, 10:32 PM)
No news then.

can a premiership player win world footballer at the awards
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.