Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oddo out for season :(
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Darunia
Massimo Oddo will miss the rest of the season and is now a major doubt for Euro 2008 after undergoing meniscus surgery.

Milan released a statement this evening announcing that Oddo will have the operation on the medial meniscus ligament in his left knee tomorrow in Rome.

It is a bitter blow for the Rossoneri, who must already do without Ronaldo for the rest of the campaign.

Marcos Cafu, Serginho and Marek Jankulovski are struggling with injury, while Alessandro Nesta is suspended for the Serie A encounters with Cagliari and Juventus.

Oddo played the first 59 minutes of Milan’s 2-1 home defeat to Atalanta, but was substituted and replaced by Cristian Brocchi.

The extent of Oddo’s injury was not known and tests today revealed the serious problem requiring surgery.

It is not yet clear how long this will keep him sidelined, but the World Cup winner is now a doubt for Euro 2008, which kicks off on June 7.
Darunia
Missing all our wingbacks. Maldini and Bonera.. they sure can attack sleep.gif

Favalli-Maldini-Kaladze-Bonera ?? sad.gif
fresh_prince7
The mission to get 4th, just gets tougher and tougher.

Been in good form of late too. (Still sh*ts me when he goes down softly and appeals for frees that aren't there)
Tennie
(Not a joke article!)

Poor Massimo. sad.gif

Get well soon!
fahad
suddenly he has an surgery what the hell
misha
Great sad.gif
whoarethepatriots
ohmy.gif

Darmian to get some playing time now?
Tennie
I think Darmian's a centreback. Bonera could pretend to be a RB for a time, I guess?

---

Should we compose a 'get well soon' card/letter?
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 1 2008, 07:09 PM)
I think Darmian's a centreback. Bonera could pretend to be a RB for a time, I guess?

---

Bonera is not a true RB, although we have no other alternatives do we?
kurtsimonw
That's the end of us qualifying for the CL in my opinion. Can you imagine our back 4 against Juve, no Oddo, no Nesta, no Janku. It's gonna be a joke.
redbabies
at first I was hoping for an April Fool.

we're finished...

Bonera and Cafu are our available right-backs blink.gif
acid911
Oh, for Pete's sake make this turn out to be another April's Fool joke. We absolutely can't afford another injury. cry.gif
Bluesummers
rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
Crut....this is the most cursed season I have witnessed in a LOOOONG time.

Somebody somewhere is getting naughty with a voodoo doll, and he better hope I don't find out where he is.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 2 2008, 07:39 AM)
Crut....this is the most cursed season I have witnessed in a LOOOONG time.

Somebody somewhere is getting naughty with a voodoo doll, and he better hope I don't find out where he is.

Curse? rolleyes.gif come one captain! it's all our management's irresponsibility and you know it. starting the season with such a thin, injury-prone squad has NOTHING to do with this fantasy world stuff..! even a few member on this forum could see this happening [remember bigmac?], how on earth our management with +20 years of experience could not?!
arivanjj
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 2 2008, 06:09 AM)

why not.
Tennie
'Get well soon' thread is in the 'Other' section. smile.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 2 2008, 09:32 AM)
Curse? rolleyes.gif come one captain! it's all our management's irresponsibility and you know it. starting the season with such a thin, injury-prone squad has NOTHING to do with this fantasy world stuff..! even a few member on this forum could see this happening [remember bigmac?], how on earth our management with +20 years of experience could not?!

Here here cool.gif

What a compete joke we are becoming rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 2 2008, 07:10 PM)
Here here cool.gif

What a compete joke we are becoming rolleyes.gif

Don't say that or some will say your NOT A TRUE MILANISTA. biggrin.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 2 2008, 06:14 PM)
Don't say that or some will say your NOT A TRUE MILANISTA.  biggrin.gif

I'm afraid I really don't give a f*ck what some children might think! smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 2 2008, 11:10 PM)
What a compete joke we are becoming

I almost thought that was Porty talking! ohmy.gif

But you're right on this count - we've been pretty bad for two consecutive seasons, if not more. For a club like AC Milan playing catch up for fourth place for two years, is almost like battling for relegation, if not worse.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 2 2008, 08:35 PM)
I almost thought that was Porty talking! ohmy.gif

But you're right on this count - we've been pretty bad for two consecutive seasons, if not more. For a club like AC Milan playing catch up for fourth place for two years, is almost like battling for relegation, if not worse.

Indeed, and like I keep saying it is something that really could have been avoided. Trying to be cheap doesn't always work wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Oddo being injury prone is news to me. So I take it the only player who's 'not' injury prone in our team is Gilardino....no wait..he had the flu too!

Darn it! rolleyes.gif

We had 3 players playing at RB...Oddo...Cafu...and Bonera...and that's the heirarchy.

What are the odds that at a crucial point in the season, you'd be down to the last possible person?

The LB position is a fair argument, that was something that should have been fixed last season. Grimi maybe shouldn't have been loaned (on hindsight of course rolleyes.gif)

I really think this has been a pretty unlucky season, while last season was pretty lucky. Ronaldo coming in and making a difference when he did. Player's outperforming their usual standards is lucky. Multiple players in poor form with unforeseen injuries is bad luck.

I'm not saying we're the only club with that problem...but that doesn't mean it's not there.
Habitant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 3 2008, 03:26 AM)
Oddo being injury prone is news to me. So I take it the only player who's 'not' injury prone in our team is Gilardino....no wait..he had the flu too!

Darn it! rolleyes.gif

We had 3 players playing at RB...Oddo...Cafu...and Bonera...and that's the heirarchy.

What are the odds that at a crucial point in the season, you'd be down to the last possible person?

The LB position is a fair argument, that was something that should have been fixed last season. Grimi maybe shouldn't have been loaned (on hindsight of course rolleyes.gif)

I really think this has been a pretty unlucky season, while last season was pretty lucky. Ronaldo coming in and making a difference when he did. Player's outperforming their usual standards is lucky. Multiple players in poor form with unforeseen injuries is bad luck.

I'm not saying we're the only club with that problem...but that doesn't mean it's not there.

it's not like oddo's young, and besides the 3 games kaka's missed all season i dont see any of these unforeseen injuries. the only real injuries we've had have been for players that were expected to have them. if anything we're lucky ambro has played more than 5 games all season.

how poor form considered unlucky? :rolleyes. if it's that easy, you can qualify anything as unlucky.
jbryant1
Oddo has done well for us. There have been a couple occasions when you ask what he is doing but its a lose for our width and defense. But then again what defense do we have anyways?
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Habitant @ Apr 3 2008, 09:22 AM)
it's not like oddo's young, and besides the 3 games kaka's missed all season i dont see any of these unforeseen injuries. the only real injuries we've had have been for players that were expected to have them. if anything we're lucky ambro has played more than 5 games all season.

how poor form considered unlucky? :rolleyes. if it's that easy, you can qualify anything as unlucky.

Like who? Seedorf? Rino?

Other than Ronaldo and Sergio, who else has been an 'injury' threat?

And the Ronaldo thing was unfortunate. It wasn't even the same weak injury that's been happening for some time.

And besides by this yardstick, I can safely say that Man U is a pathetic squad(since they have no 'cover' for Rooney and Ronaldo). Arsenal is pathetic since they have no cover for Fabregas. And what about Chelsea without Drogba? Pizarro? Since Sheva is considered a non-entity.

And Roma have Totti and Vucinic? And we know TOtti is injury prone. So Vucinic is their last line. So Roma have been lucky Vucinic hasn't had an injury.

I'm not saying our squad isn't understaffed. I'm trying to say, that some of what you guys want, like a 70,000 euro per week player on the bench is not really easy. Especially when your profits are a fraction of what teams in England and Spain earn.

As for Inter...well...two more years of winning just the scudetto and they'll be in quite a mess. -120 mill euro deficit. How cool is that?

Don't forget, Milan and Inter cannot mortgage their stadiums like Man U can.. tongue.gif
han2503
Ok, so let's revise the facts of our situation now

Dida - don't know what the hell is wrong with him now, but even if he was fit I wouldn't trust him in goal either way.

Kalac - had a couple of brilliant games, but the say here goes like this, form is temporary, class is permanent. Galliani might have thought that he got out of having to buy a keeper because of how Kalac played in a couple of games but we all knew that his form wouldn't last long

Our entire defence - slow or injured, we don't have any fullbacks now, Janku is stillnot 100%, now Oddo, Cafu and Serginho don't seem like they're even part of the team any more, so why bother?

The midfield - Just run into the ground because there is no other alternative then to have them play every single game, Pirlo can barely walk atm, Rino is going through a rough patch atm which also stems from exhaustion, same goes for Seedorf. Kaka is being constantly rushed from injury only to play a couple of minutes and his knee flaires up again

Pippo - plays one game, is out for the mext month

Ronaldo - I don't even think that he qualifies as part of the team anymore

At this moment we barley even have a team anymore. I don't know how our management are able to see this as just a low wave rolleyes.gif We clearly have serious problems. And I can't understand how Galliani is able to come out and say that the fans just forget and not admit that things need to change
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 3 2008, 04:32 AM)
Like who? Seedorf? Rino?

Other than Ronaldo and Sergio, who else has been an 'injury' threat?

And the Ronaldo thing was unfortunate. It wasn't even the same weak injury that's been happening for some time.

And besides by this yardstick, I can safely say that Man U is a pathetic squad(since they have no 'cover' for Rooney and Ronaldo). Arsenal is pathetic since they have no cover for Fabregas. And what about Chelsea without Drogba? Pizarro? Since Sheva is considered a non-entity.

And Roma have Totti and Vucinic? And we know TOtti is injury prone. So Vucinic is their last line. So Roma have been lucky Vucinic hasn't had an injury.

Manu have a pathetic squad? Are you sure? SAF has been rotating all season and are top of the Prem and still in CL. In fact they are probably playing the best football of their season! They couldn't be where they are with a pathetic squad IMO

As for Vucinic, he has done wonders for Roma. He's impressed when he's been called upon, and Spalletti hasn't burned him out by playing every single game! that has helped keep him fit this season.

I'm not saying our squad isn't understaffed. I'm trying to say, that some of what you guys want, like a 70,000 euro per week player on the bench is not really easy. Especially when your profits are a fraction of what teams in England and Spain earn.

But we're paying Dida £4m a season to sit on the bench! another masterstroke by our general manager who is always saying how poor we are :roleyes:

As for Inter...well...two more years of winning just the scudetto and they'll be in quite a mess. -120 mill euro deficit. How cool is that?

Don't forget, Milan and Inter cannot mortgage their stadiums like Man U can.. tongue.gif

I'd rather be fighting fourth and not have much chance of CL next season rather than winning Lo Scudetto as well smile.gif

As for Manu, yes they are in a big debt, but they are paying it off and strengthening their squad with quality players. And they were in credit before the Glazers came smile.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 3 2008, 12:05 PM)

Dida - don't know what the hell is wrong with him now, but even if he was fit I wouldn't trust him in goal either way.

Kalac - had a couple of brilliant games, but the say here goes like this, form is temporary, class is permanent. Galliani might have thought that he got out of having to buy a keeper because of how Kalac played in a couple of games but we all knew that his form wouldn't last long

Our entire defence - slow or injured, we don't have any fullbacks now, Janku is stillnot 100%, now Oddo, Cafu and Serginho don't seem like they're even part of the team any more, so why bother?

The midfield - Just run into the ground because there is no other alternative then to have them play every single game, Pirlo can barely walk atm, Rino is going through a rough patch atm which also stems from exhaustion, same goes for Seedorf. Kaka is being constantly rushed from injury only to play a couple of minutes and his knee flaires up again

At this moment we barley even have a team anymore. I don't know how our management are able to see this as just a low wave rolleyes.gif We clearly have serious problems. And I can't understand how Galliani is able to come out and say that the fans just forget and not admit that things need to change

Yet another quality post han cool.gif just a shame Galliani can't read it!
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 3 2008, 02:19 PM)
Yet another quality post han cool.gif  just a shame Galliani can't read it!

Yeah well if he read it he'll only say that "fans forget too quickly" rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 3 2008, 02:17 PM)
Manu have a pathetic squad? Are you sure? SAF has been rotating all season and are  top of the Prem and still in CL. In fact they are probably playing the best football of their season! They couldn't be where they are with a pathetic squad IMO

As for Vucinic, he has done wonders for Roma. He's impressed when he's been called upon, and Spalletti hasn't burned him out by playing every single game! that has helped keep him fit this season.
But we're paying Dida £4m a season to sit on the bench!  another masterstroke by our  general manager who is always saying how poor we are :roleyes:
I'd rather be fighting fourth and not have much chance of CL next season rather than winning Lo Scudetto as well smile.gif

As for Manu, yes they are in a big debt,  but they are paying it off and strengthening their squad with quality players. And they were in credit before the Glazers came smile.gif

Exactly, to be successful we have to spend money. And it doesn't have to be in such large ammounts, and if the management had thought things through we wouldn't have to spend the amount that we ABSOLUTELY need to spend now.
I_Rossoneri
Had we have added one WC player per season then we probably wouldn't be in such a bad way now. As it is we have relied upon freebies/short term fixes and time has caught up with us.

It's easy getting to the top, it's staying there thats harder wink.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 3 2008, 11:06 AM)
Had we have added one WC player per season then we probably wouldn't be in such a bad way now. As it is we have relied upon freebies/short term fixes and time has caught up with us.

It's easy getting to the top, it's staying there thats harder wink.gif

I think a solid attacker to replace Sheva and some depth would have done a lot for us. It's OK with me if we don't sign a top World class player every year as long as we patch our weak spots like Barca did with Yaya Toure. The guy is not exactly the best there is, but Barca were lacking a true DMF and he was a very good buy for them.

It's a whole different situation right now though. I'm not freaking out, but it's obvious we need to make more changes than usual this summer.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Apr 3 2008, 07:07 PM)
I think a solid attacker to replace Sheva and some depth would have done a lot for us. It's OK with me if we don't sign a top World class player every year as long as we patch our weak spots like Barca did with Yaya Toure. The guy is not exactly the best there is, but Barca were lacking a true DMF and he was a very good buy for them.

It's a whole different situation right now though. I'm not freaking out, but it's obvious we need to make more changes than usual this summer.

Yep, and they're gonna come. I'm sure of this. Galliani and Silvio oprened their eyes,.. devilsmiley.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Apr 3 2008, 06:07 PM)

I say WC as otherwise we would just get squad players e.g. Favalli, Brocchi. I would rather bench players being good enough to pressurize the first team players, then when form dips we have backup. As for the attacking dept, I agree that a solid CF would be great but I think thats the only dept thats ok for now.
Habitant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 3 2008, 12:05 PM)

quality cool.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 3 2008, 06:15 PM)
Yep, and they're gonna come. I'm sure of this. Galliani and Silvio oprened their eyes,.. devilsmiley.gif

And we all hope you're 100% right with what you say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.