Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galliani: UEFA Cup? We'll Take It
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Zed.D
Galliani: UEFA Cup? We'll Take It

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani admits that he will accept it if his club fails to qualify for the Champions League, a statement which will no doubt shock Rossoneri fans.

The Rossoneri are currently fifth in Serie A and four points behind Fiorentina who occupy the remaining Champions League place.

It seems unlikely with eight games remaining that the Via Turati club can claw back the deficit over the Viola.

However Galliani insists that he will take the UEFA Cup if things go badly.

“We are unhappy with fifth place and we hope we can take the fourth place,” said Galliani.

“We won’t finish the season empty handed though as we have already won two international trophies.”

“Milan in the UEFA Cup? I can't imagine this but if it happens then we will take it.”

The chief also spoke about Alexandre Pato and Galliani is hoping the up and coming Brazilian star will stay at Milan for life.

“Pato gave me some emotions, he has a great future given that he scores on every debut," he beamed. "I hope we have found our striker for the next 10-15 years.”

The Rossoneri clash with Atalanta this weekend and no doubt they will be hoping to close the gap on Fiorentina if they are to have any chance of finishing in the all important fourth place this season.

link
Jack Sparrow
I'm sure it's some kind of mistranslation. I'll wait till 10ie girl gets here.
Darunia
He said something like "We'll go to UEFA Cup with Carlo if it happens" or something awhile back. Let's hope it's not like that. I don't know if we can pull a Bayern..
m1ke
To me, it sounds like he still considers 4th a priority and simply mentions that if we finish 5th, we'll take the Uefa Cup (obviously) - it's better than nothing right?

Probably not the best thing to come out with if he wants to motivate the players though.
Fillipo Simone
Oh, oh, oh,...gee, I really expected us to reject the UEFA cup. But now that I read Gallianis words I'm convinced we're gonna be in it.. dry.gif
KillerMax
Looking at our schedule vs. Fiorentina's and Milan's state of well being, I think it's pretty obvious what's going to happen.
dst
Yeah we'll take it up the...

We should not have been in this position... of course we're going to accept it and go on, what else could we do, dissolve the club? But he should not even speak of this... not until the end of the season!

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 28 2008, 03:09 PM)
Looking at our schedule vs. Fiorentina's and Milan's state of well being, I think it's pretty obvious what's going to happen.

If the Viola win this weekend, 4th place will be theirs. If they lose and we win then it will be open!
I_Rossoneri
I don't really expect anything less from the mouth of Galliani rolleyes.gif
Devillito
Galliani mad.gif

His stupidity knows no boundary..
mishie
just about sums it up really...even the top brass recognize that the season is a good as finished after this weekend! mad.gif
kurtsimonw
He has no ambition and is obviously happy to settle for 2nd best, or 5th best in this case. Not good enough. We need some changes, and it's not just the playing staff that need changing, or Carlo.
Devillito
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 29 2008, 04:38 AM)
He has no ambition and is obviously happy to settle for 2nd best, or 5th best in this case. Not good enough. We need some changes, and it's not just the playing staff that need changing, or Carlo.

If he's such an idiot, why didnt Berlusconi fire him?
And how long was he's in charge? huh.gif

We need Moggi!! mad.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Devillito @ Mar 28 2008, 07:28 PM)
Galliani  mad.gif

His stupidity knows no boundary..

Ha ha ha biggrin.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Devillito @ Mar 28 2008, 07:51 PM)
If he's such an idiot, why didnt Berlusconi fire him?
And how long was he's in charge?  huh.gif

We need Moggi!!  mad.gif

He's Silvio's right hand man and yes man - no chance of him being sacked!

Moggi is too ambitious for Milan wink.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 28 2008, 07:38 PM)

I concur smile.gif
milanisti
we have to win all these matches left in serie a but my hope is that we will finish in top four of serie a , and i think we should fire ancelotti his time has ended here and to take mourinho to start a new era biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.