Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Totti: Ballon D’Or Is Fixed!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
acid911

Totti: Ballon D’Or Is Fixed!
Roma talisman Francesco Totti has launched a sensational attack at the selection process for the Ballon d’Or award, and says the fact that a player like Raul has never won the prize proves that it is fixed.

Real Madrid symbol Raul has had a stunning club career, and was a major protagonist in the Merengues Champions League victories from 1998, 2000 and 2002. 

Despite also being the all-time top scorer in the Champions League, as well as winning a host of other individual and team honours, Raul has surprisingly never won the coveted Ballon d’Or. 

Roma captain Francesco Totti, who has also been repeatedly snubbed in the past, believes it is all a fix. 

“I think it’s a scandal that such a good player [Raul] who has scored everywhere and won everything has never received the Ballon d’Or,” he roared.

“The fact that a player can score 20 or 30 goals and win the Champions League and the Scudetto but not the Ballon d’Or suggests that it’s all pre-decided.

“I think that 2000 was my best chance. It was the year after we won the Scudetto, we did well in the Champions League and could have won it, but I don’t know what I had to do to win the Ballon d’Or.”

Source

I say it's about time Totti learned to keep his beak shut. dry.gif
acid911
Bummers, wrong section. sad.gif
kurtsimonw
He does have a point in that Raul's never won it, but I wouldn't say that it's fixed. just that FIFA are stupid. What on earth would they gain by fixing it anyways?
KillerMax
-Moved.

Totti is bitter he didn't win it is all.
Portman
I agree with the Raul thing. He should have won it.

Totti should concentrate now - not in Serie A - but in CL and beating those arrogant brit fecks from Salford. That instead of cnuting about on the press.

(If he wins Serie A, there's no Ballon D'Or for sure. If he wins the CL then maybe. Though the Euro 2008 may be the 'difference' this year.)
javierk128
if we think like totti i would say maldini never won it, meanwhile cannavaro won it in 2006, so i don´t know what to think
dst
The Roman press bullshit has really gotten into his mind. Every single year they have grave conversations about why Totti has not won the Golden Ball yet! Well, wake up, the world does not end in Rome, Totti never deserved it, that's why...

Maldini, Baresi, Raul, Deco,... , there are many players that should have won it...
acid911
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 28 2008, 07:13 AM)
-Moved.

Thank you, Max. smile.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 28 2008, 10:51 PM)
The Roman press bullshit has really gotten into his mind. Every single year they have grave conversations about why Totti has not won the Golden Ball yet! Well, wake up, the world does not end in Rome, Totti never deserved it, that's why...

Maldini, Baresi, Raul, Deco,... , there are many players that should have won it...

The best option would be then to give it to any player only once. This way everyone will have a chance. Even if someone who's already won it, plays great in another season, the award should still go to the second best player. The EPL people don't really give a hoot about Ballon D'Or - I can't recall many players from the Premier League who've won it recently. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 28 2008, 09:29 PM)
The best option would be then to give it to any player only once. This way everyone will have a chance. Even if someone who's already won it, plays great in another season, the award should still go to the second best player. The EPL people don't really give a hoot about Ballon D'Or - I can't recall many players from the Premier League who've won it recently. biggrin.gif

I agree with a player only being able to get it once, and I think the player that wins it must be on a team that meets certain expectations like making the last 4 of the CL & top 3 in the league, etc. I don't think it's right for a player to win it if they don't win anything, or don't really get close.

Ronaldo cares about it, he seems the only player over here though.
whoarethepatriots
Its doubtful that its fixed, but there have been some ridiculous decisons, for example one year Tim Cahil came above Totti

I think its for the best that players like Totti, Maldini, Raul etc havent won it, because there seems to be a certain curse with it, alot of players over recent years have gone downhill after recieving it - Kaka, Ronaldindho, Sheva etc
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 29 2008, 12:59 AM)
Thank you, Max. smile.gif

Not a good idea at all imo. it ain't no charity! the best player should win it; for the first time or the nth time.

And to Totti: to win these individual awards you need to have a winning team behind you - Kaka.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.