Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flamini Moving Closer To Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
nuh
Flamini has developed into one of Europe’s finest defensive midfielders this season, and he was simply brilliant during both legs of Arsenal’s recent Champions League victory over Milan.

Rossoneri President Silvio Berlusconi was hugely impressed with Flamini, and it was reported a couple of weeks ago that he was planning to make a bid for the player.

The Frenchman’s future at the Emirates Stadium is clouded in huge doubt as his contract runs out in June, meaning that he could move to another club on a Bosman free transfer.

Tuttosport says that Flamini has rejected a new deal from Arsenal that would raise his salary from €1m to €2m a year.

Berlusconi would be prepared to offer Flamini between €3m and €3.5m, and this is said to be a more than tempting proposal.

The 23-year-old, who has Italian ancestry, has stated in the past that he would like to play in Serie A, and Arsenal’s recent struggles, which has seen their Premiership challenge virtually evaporate, may also push him through the exit door.
redbabies
We deserve better!
nuh
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 27 2008, 01:51 PM)
We deserve better!

i think he is a gr8 player and he is the rht player who could switch with gattuso
but if only we get some one for pirlo and then i think we are set in the midfield
Devillito
QUOTE (nuh @ Mar 27 2008, 11:01 PM)
i think he is a gr8 player and he is the rht player who could switch with gattuso
but if only we get some one for pirlo and then i think we are set in the midfield

He's a good player but cummon man..
We need creative midfielders, not DMF again!!
nuh
QUOTE (Devillito @ Mar 27 2008, 02:05 PM)
He's a good player but cummon man..
We need creative midfielders, not DMF again!!

yeah but he is better than brocchi, emerson and ambrosini sooo why not
Fillipo Simone
It's a joke!

By all means, beside Eboue, Gallas, Adebayor, Cesc, etc. Silvio got impressed by..Flamini. Hope he makes another look,.. dry.gif
dst
Of course we need Flamini! Since Ambrosini, Brocchi and Emerson are considered attacking midfielders, we only have Gattuso for the DMF position... I think we should also get Gilberto Silva for this position.

We need creativity? Come on, this is ridiculous... two seasons ago (when Sheva was still here) we scored 112 goals and now we have 66 and 8 games left!!!

Come on Flamini!!! Make us more predictable and boring cause right now we're so good it's unfair for the other teams...

... sleep.gif
Devillito
QUOTE (nuh @ Mar 27 2008, 11:15 PM)
yeah but he is better than brocchi, emerson and ambrosini sooo why not

Maybe he's better, but we are not going to sell those 3. And now to add another one?

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 27 2008, 11:30 PM)
Of course we need Flamini! Since Ambrosini, Brocchi and Emerson are considered attacking midfielders, we only have Gattuso for the DMF position... I think we should also get Gilberto Silva for this position.

We need creativity? Come on, this is ridiculous... two seasons ago (when Sheva was still here) we scored 112 goals and now we have 66 and 8 games left!!!

Come on Flamini!!! Make us more predictable and boring cause right now we're so good it's unfair for the other teams...
... sleep.gif

laugh.gif

Sarcasm at his best cool.gif
Portman
No way Milan class.
Tennie
unsure.gif Uhoh. Something must be wrong. I'm agreeing with Porty.

No thanks for Flamini. Not Milan-quality (and like many have said, we don't need YET ANOTHER defensive mid).
kurtsimonw
He's not the sort of player Milan should be looking at, but then again if Gattuso, Favalli and Kaladze are good enough for Milan, so is Flamini, easily.
kdman
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 27 2008, 03:43 PM)
No way Milan class.

My thougts exactly. Unless if he's just coming as a backup. I which case it doesn't make much sense.
aLbErTo
only yes if emerson and brochi goes, plus we get another creative midfield...my opinion is that flamini is a good prospect, and getting him on free tranfer is considerable...gattuso is 30yrsold besides
whoarethepatriots
I think Flamini is pretty okay. He is not better than Ambrosini, but he is miles ahed of Emerson and Brocchi...Combined!

For a free transfer he would be decent, but we really need creativity
LaPalma
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 27 2008, 04:45 PM)
I think Flamini is pretty okay. He is not better than Ambrosini, but he is miles ahed of Emerson and Brocchi...Combined!

For a free transfer he would be decent, but we really need creativity

And that's pretty much it.
dst
Well unlike most of you here I think Flamini is an excellent DMF. But the fact that he is a DMF means that he is also an excellent example of what we do not need.

For a free transfer it would be an amazing deal but only if we were not already packed with that kind of players.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 27 2008, 05:22 PM)
He's not the sort of player Milan should be looking at, but then again if Gattuso, Favalli and Kaladze are good enough for Milan, so is Flamini, easily.

Gattuso? huh.gif He is having one bad season and suddenly he is not good enough for Milan?

Also, Favalli would be an excellent 3rd choice LB but in Milan he is the second choice cause "we are fine as we are"! innocent.gif
kurtsimonw
I am just not a fan of Gattuso, I have nothing against him personally as I like him. I just think he offers very little, that's all.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 27 2008, 07:18 PM)
I am just not a fan of Gattuso, I have nothing against him personally as I like him. I just think he offers very little, that's all.

Well... I respect your opinion...
maldini03
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 27 2008, 06:30 AM)

... sleep.gif

Hehehe......... funny laugh.gif
Jack Sparrow
Well truth to tell...if Brocchi is shipping out, I'd like to have Flamini in. But then, one of Ambro/Rino would have to be benched. Coz I'd prefer Flamini in that 4-3-1-2 which uses 2 DMs.

He's the most enterprising of the DMs I've seen. And he can stay in that boundary of the last 1/3rd and keep the attack from fizzing out. Capture rebounds and find someone etc. He's also a very decent passer, and is a much better shot than Rino/Ambro/Emerson.

But yes, it would be a bit of an excess in our DMF portfolio, and why would he graduate from being first team regular to bench status for Milan? And where is the space for him to play since Ambro and Rino are both Milan heroes.

I'd rather we have a young creative guy coming in.
Habitant
he isnt bad. would make our midfield better.
Darunia
Ambro and Rino are getting old and aren't playing that well, so Flamini wouldn't be bad. But then Carlo would using 3 DMFs too often sleep.gif
Bluesummers
okay and who would you guys suggest we buy for creativity? Flopaldinho? no thanks. Requelme: wont happen. Diego=madrid. Vandervaart=chelsea/valencia etc.. deco=chelsea.

who would you think galliani can buy for 20 mil? nasri? please stop this non sense of saying oh but we should reject a dm who could possibly become world class in order so we can replace lazy pirlo.

Please try to use at least some common sense, hes 23 ffs. rolleyes.gif

Here's an example how not to post. Emotionally charged posts like this one toward other users with different opinions will be deleted from now on.

Tone it down bluesummers. There is another way to state your opinion. wink.gif

-Max
nuh
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 28 2008, 05:24 AM)
okay and who would you guys suggest we buy for creativity? Flopaldinho? no thanks.  Requelme: wont happen.  Diego=madrid.  Vandervaart=chelsea/valencia etc..  deco=chelsea. 
who would you think galliani can buy for 20 mil?  nasri?  please stop this non sense of saying oh but we should reject a dm who could possibly become world class in order so we can replace lazy pirlo.

Please try to use at least some common sense, hes 23 ffs.  rolleyes.gif

i am with u 100%
if we kick out faty and emerson and get some one for pirlo then we would have a gr8 mid
Zed.D
I'd welcome him with open arms. no need to say more!
Devillito
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 29 2008, 04:54 AM)
I'd welcome him with open arms. no need to say more!

I'd welcome him too but i think it would be better if Milan:

1- sign some creative MFs
2- striker
3- Wingbacks
4- Goalkeeper

8- Offload some DMFs; Brochi, emerson etc etc
9- Flamini

Then i'd welcome him with open arms dry.gif
I_Rossoneri
He's free and we all know how much Galliani likes his freebies, but this freebie is only 23 and not 32! tongue.gif
milanisti
he is a great player , we need a player like him !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.