Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan Set For Montolivo-Gila Swap?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
fresh_prince7
Milan Set For Montolivo-Gila Swap?

AC Milan could be set to swap Alberto Gilardino for Fiorentina’s Riccardo Montolivo, according to sources in Italy.

Gilardino is virtually certain to leave Milan in the summer, following a third hugely disappointing season at San Siro.

The Rossoneri will have four fit and healthy strikers in their first team squad next campaign. These will be Alexandre Pato, Filippo Inzaghi, Alberto Paloschi, as well as one top-class name, possibly Dimitar Berbatov, who will be signed.

Alberto Gilardino will be sold, and his most likely destination is Fiorentina. Viola boss Cesare Prandelli is a big admirer of Gila, having worked with him successfully in the past at Parma.

Milan are set to propose a part-exchange deal which will see young midfielder Riccardo Montolivo go the other way.

The 23-year-old is regarded as one of Italy’s most promising young players, and has an uncanny likeness to Andrea Pirlo on the field play.

However this season Montolivo has been a terrible disappointment, leading some figures in the game to question whether he will go on to fulfill his early promise.

Prandelli is keen to let the ex-Atalanta man go, while Milan feel they can repeat what they did when they signed a young and underachieving Pirlo from Inter several years ago.

Roberto Rossi

(goal.com)
I_Rossoneri
This would be a good swap IMO. As much as I don't want Gila to leave it would make sense to have a good backup for Pirlo. As for Montolivo being a disappointment, i don't believe a player turns bad overnight(which is why I have faith in Gila) and perhaps a change of scenery could revitalise his career?
dst
Gila is far from being the immolator of Milan's bad performances in the past couple of seasons. The whole team has under-performed it's no big secret. We can't just blame Gila...

But the thing is, Gila IS blamed for Milan's pathetic displays and this is not going to change. Also, we know he cannot perform under pressure and since they're not going to let him be, I think it would be best for him to go...

Now if we get Montolivo I'd be thrilled! I would not be disappointed if Gila was included in the deal cause of the reason above.

edit: Montolivo has been a disappointment? Who writes this ****? He's played some (very) bad games but he's had a very good season overall.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 24 2008, 11:46 AM)
Gila is far from being the immolator of Milan's bad performances in the past couple of seasons. The whole team has under-performed it's no big secret. We can't just blame Gila...

But the thing is, Gila IS blamed for Milan's pathetic displays and this is not going to change. Also, we know he cannot perform under pressure and since they're not going to let him be, I think it would be best for him to go...

Now if we get Montolivo I'd be thrilled! I would not be disappointed if Gila was included in the deal cause of the reason above.

edit: Montolivo has been a disappointment? Who writes this ****? He's played some (very) bad games but he's had a very good season overall.

I absolutely wholeheartedly agree smile.gif And I think that Gila leaving would be the best for us and him. Perhaps he could recapture his Parma time and prove to people that he isn't as bad as some make out.
misha
Add Barzagli to the swap and give them some cash if needed to, and it would be a perfect deal.
fahad
i would only want to buy player for first team and swap or get laon players back for adding depth for example David DE Gennaro ( AM ) for seedorf
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 24 2008, 02:41 PM)
Add Barzagli to the swap and give them some cash if needed to, and it would be a perfect deal.

Barzagli?
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 24 2008, 12:41 PM)

Barzagli = Palermo
Montolivo = Fiorentina

About Montolivo, I'd prefer Rosina but both are top italian players. And young. I'd obviously welcome them.
dst
Are we talking about Torino's Rosina? What do you all find so special in him? unsure.gif
mishie
Montolivo is a good young player and i would welcome him the only thing that would concern me is the fact is that he isn't a striker and with the lack of firepower we have it would only make the situation worse......unless Don Silvio is gonna buy a couple of strikers aswell!! smile.gif
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 24 2008, 04:24 PM)
Barzagli?

blush.gif oops Still, bring them both smile.gif

QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 24 2008, 05:51 PM)
Montolivo is a good young player and i would welcome him the only thing that would concern me is the fact is that he isn't a striker and with the lack of firepower we have it would only make the situation worse......unless Don Silvio is gonna buy a couple of strikers aswell!! smile.gif

Of course a striker (like a keeper) is a must for us with or without Montolivo.
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 24 2008, 06:39 PM)
blush.gif  oops  Still, bring them both smile.gif

Well... as long as Kaladze is first choice... I truly hope Liverpool make a move! sleep.gif
Jack Sparrow
As much as you all like it....this is just media playing jigsaw puzzle. Viola are not desperate for strikers, and for a team which is trying to be the Arsenal of Serie A, they wouldn't sell their Fabregas now would they??

In porty's words: Thank you, drive through.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 24 2008, 07:33 PM)
As much as you all like it....this is just media playing jigsaw puzzle. Viola are not desperate for strikers, and for a team which is trying to be the Arsenal of Serie A, they wouldn't sell their Fabregas now would they??

I don't see it this way. Or at least I don't want to... biggrin.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 24 2008, 03:51 PM)

I agree. As much as i want Montolivo, we are short on strikers and this would be a bad move
omahawi
this move would be awesome. i think he would blossom at milan and send gila the other way is a win win for both clubs. hey we will buys strikers so don't everyone start to worry. wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 24 2008, 05:33 PM)

I agree.

And if Fiorentina were to finish 4th. This deal has no chance of happening at all.
Devillito
Montolivo

A good deal i'd say.
I rather see young n talented Italians in Milan rather than piling them wit
Brazilian.
Fillipo Simone
That's the best rumour/possible transfer/invention I've heard recently. I'd be thrilled to see him here, and including Gilardino isn't bad news.

Gilardino's place will be taken by Boriello who proved more efficient in Genoa. He probably won't work but deserves a chance. Our board on the other hand will sign a striker this summer, in that I'm 100% sure.

We have (without Gilardino): Inzaghi, Pato, Paloschi, Boriello, Oliveira, Willy. That makes 4 accostumed strikers and two who could be initially but to the test.

So I'm not convinced we're short of striker. A miricale can happen and bring Ron back also.

IMO the midfield has to be refreshed immediatly and should be our priority. But as I said, I'm sure our board is thinking of a striker also. Shevchenko, Drogba, Berbatov, Amauri or someone else will be signed.

About Montolivo. His season has been full of ups and downs, but can be considered as a bad one. Still, he's most promising and maybe up to the next level. Right now I would say:

Aquilani>De Rossi>Montolivo>Rosina>Foggia

But this is right now. I indeed consider Montolivo much more Milan material then De Rossi. Only thing is that both Roma midfielders have played international matches and CL matches and performed really good. This is the kind of early experience that gives them momentary the advantage.
Jack Sparrow
^^^

I like Montolivo too...and I'll be the first to admit we need more creativity in the mid-field. I was just reacting to this particular rumour.

I do know about Silvio and Galliani though. If there's a top class Italian on sale..come hell or high water, Milan will land him. Lentini, Nesta, Gilardino (then at least...before y'all start dissin my boy)
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 24 2008, 09:22 PM)
That's the best rumour/possible transfer/invention I've heard recently. I'd be thrilled to see him here, and including Gilardino isn't bad news.

Gilardino's place will be taken by Boriello who proved more efficient in Genoa. He probably won't work but deserves a chance. Our board on the other hand will sign a striker this summer, in that I'm 100% sure.

We have (without Gilardino): Inzaghi, Pato, Paloschi, Boriello, Oliveira, Willy. That makes 4 accostumed strikers and two who could be initially but to the test.

So I'm not convinced we're short of striker. A miricale can happen and bring Ron back also.

IMO the midfield has to be refreshed immediatly and should be our priority. But as I said, I'm sure our board is thinking of a striker also. Shevchenko, Drogba, Berbatov, Amauri or someone else will be signed.

About Montolivo. His season has been full of ups and downs, but can be considered as a bad one. Still, he's most promising and maybe up to the next level. Right now I would say:

Aquilani>De Rossi>Montolivo>Rosina>Foggia

But this is right now. I indeed consider Montolivo much more Milan material then De Rossi. Only thing is that both Roma midfielders have played international matches and CL matches and performed really good. This is the kind of early experience that gives them momentary the advantage.

Hahaha LOliveira? I think you'll find he won't be coming back, he's suited for La Liga and not the Serie A. Unfortunately we will have to make a loss on him as no one will be silly enough to pay what we did for him.
redbabies
Gila - Montolivo swap? WOW! JackPOT!

but I dont think it'll happen.

We can have 10 strikers if we want. The problem is that we dont need quantity, but quality.

And from all those mentioned:
only Pato is real quality.
Inzaghi is old
Paloschi needs time
Boriello would probably fail in Milan
Oliveira failed once, we cant afford to offer him another test.
Willy will never make it.
Fillipo Simone
In fact, it's the opposit. We actually have quality in our attack. Pippo is still a master-scorer and will be of use at least for the early CL ties or against Bayern in the knock-out stage.

Palo and Pato both have quality, and saying Paloschi needs time is just a phrase. I saw the Siena game were he scored, I saw him score against Samp. Course he needs time, but he is quality.

Boriello is a big question mark for me, but actually scoring more then 15 goals in Serie A proves quality? Does it? I fear he's up to a Gila syndrom. Good for teams from the mid-table, but not for Milan's ambitions.

I belive the problem lies in the quantity. In our attack in all, considering also Kaka and Seedorf. We just need alternatives.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 25 2008, 03:16 PM)
In fact, it's the opposit. We actually have quality in our attack. Pippo is still a master-scorer and will be of use at least for the early CL ties or against Bayern in the knock-out stage.

Palo and Pato both have quality, and saying Paloschi needs time is just a phrase. I saw the Siena game were he scored, I saw him score against Samp. Course he needs time, but he is quality.

Boriello is a big question mark for me, but actually scoring more then 15 goals in Serie A proves quality? Does it? I fear he's up to a Gila syndrom. Good for teams from the mid-table, but not for Milan's ambitions.

I belive the problem lies in the quantity. In our attack in all, considering also Kaka and Seedorf. We just need alternatives.

Yes Pippo will be some use to us, especially if we play a German team

Hmmm. Borriello is indeed a question mark. We didnt give him much love last season, and he is a Luca Toni style striker. Can that work in the current system? We cant be sure. Its worth a shot bringing him back though

Yep, we lack serious depth, or should i say we lack quality backups (Bonera aside). We need to bring in a creative midfielder as a priority as well as someone like Montolivo or Cigarini as an alternative to Pirlo. Ideally i want Dessena as he is very dynamic in midfield and its what we are lacking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.