Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 22/3/08 - Serie A - Torino vs. AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
armiss
22/3/08 - Serie A - Torino vs. AC Milan

This match must be different
Bluesummers
i wanto know if kaka will be fit for this game otherwise were in big big trouble.
Tennie
I think it's more important that Pirlo is fit for the game. The team's fortunes seem at times to hang more on his form even than Kaka's.

That said, I really really hope Milan don't suck as much on Saturday as they apparently did today. I also hope that Paloschi - one of the few bright spots of the season - plays.

The fish doll and I will be in the stands cheering 'em on at the Olimpico.
Fillipo Simone
Carlo should try out Gourcuff, Ba, Brocchi, everyone,...We've reached that level were desperation isn't a shame any more. But still, there's more then enough matches for us to even up the score with Fiorentina.

1) It frightens that we have to win against Inter and Juve. Is that possible. I hope Carlo switches on and does his regular good job. I couldn't bare a 4th consecutive derby defeat.

2) What happens if we end up point even with Fiorentina? Does that victory against them count?
Darunia
Yes we would be put thru.

Kalac
Oddo Nesta Maldini Jankulovski
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Seedorf
Pato Palsochi
m1ke
Do we have any news on Kaka yet?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 19 2008, 05:01 PM)
I think it's more important that Pirlo is fit for the game. The team's fortunes seem at times to hang more on his form even than Kaka's.

That said, I really really hope Milan don't suck as much on Saturday as they apparently did today. I also hope that Paloschi - one of the few bright spots of the season - plays.

TAKE PICS!!!!!!!!! devil.gif

also i think that kaka is needed more than pirlo so i'll disagree with you. Kaka is more than just a AM for our team. He is the motivator the driving force if you will. He ups everyones level. Just look at seedorf, he plays as if he just won world player of the year with kaka but without he plays like he belong in serie B. Kaka can also impact the game more than pirlo can. he did it last saturday.

If their both fit devil.gif king.gif 96.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 19 2008, 05:03 PM)
Carlo should try out Gourcuff, Ba, Brocchi, everyone,...We've reached that level were desperation isn't a shame any more. But still, there's more then enough matches for us to even up the score with Fiorentina.

1) It frightens that we have to win against Inter and Juve. Is that possible. I hope Carlo switches on and does his regular good job. I couldn't bare a 4th consecutive derby defeat.

2) What happens if we end up point even with Fiorentina? Does that victory against them count?

juve i'll say there is a chance because of our desperation. Inter is a loss.
Darunia
Tennie will bring Milan good luck biggrin.gif

we need it.
Tennie
Let's agree to disagree, Bluesummers. smile.gif I think IL CAPITANO is the real motivator of the team, but I know myself to be very biased as regards Maldini.

I will TRY to take pictures but am not sure if I'll have a good seat at all and my camera, frankly, is a piece of ****.

Just checked the news and acmilan.com and nothing definite on Kaka other than that it was his back.
armiss
With Maldini in Kaladze will be OUT , the first good sign
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 19 2008, 05:11 PM)
Let's agree to disagree, Bluesummers. smile.gif I think IL CAPITANO is the real motivator of the team, but I know myself to be very biased as regards Maldini.

I will TRY to take pictures but am not sure if I'll have a good seat at all and my camera, frankly, is a piece of ****.

Just checked the news and acmilan.com and nothing definite on Kaka other than that it was his back.

forza tennie! I hope the camera focuses on you and the fish doll tongue.gif!!!
Bluesummers
lineup prediction:

DIDA
oddo-nesta-kaladze-maldini

gattuso-pirlo---ambro

kaka--------seedorf

------school-kid-------

if not kaka then

DIDA

oddo-nesta-kaldadze-maldini

gattuso=--pirlo---ambro

===---=seedorf---------

school-kid #1==school-kid#2
armiss
Why Kaladze ?
Tennie
Quick update:

Toro lost today at home against Udinese. They lost at the weekend against Cagliari too, so they're not in particularly brilliant form. They also lost Comotto to injury partway through the game. Zanetti and Pisano are also hurt and Lazetic is sitting out due to yellow card accumulation.

Gazzetta is predicting the following Milan lineup (though I'm sure it'll change):

Kalac
Oddo Nesta Kaladze Jankulovski
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Seedorf
Gilardino Pato

I'd prefer:

Kalac
Oddo Nesta Maldini Jankulovski
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Seedorf
Paloschi Pato

If there are issues with Janku being match-fit, then Il Capitano to left back and Bonera in the middle with Nesta.

If Kaka is fit, then switch him into the trequartista role and move Seedorf to midfield and let Ambro or Rino (take your pick) sit this one out.
Darunia
I want to see Bonera play alongside Nesta rather than Kaladze, but it won't happen sleep.gif

my only hope is that Janku is fit and Maldini starts alongside Nesta.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 19 2008, 03:01 PM)

I think the players need the woobie across their foreheads. Unless he's the nonviolent type. smile.gif
Tennie
The woobie has been known to bite if people are especially naughty. smile.gif

I really am hoping to see Paloschi play, even for a few minutes. He's fast becoming a favourite.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 19 2008, 06:33 PM)
The woobie has been known to bite if people are especially naughty. smile.gif

I really am hoping to see Paloschi play, even for a few minutes. He's fast becoming a favourite.

Yeah i highly agree! He needs more time. He is already doing more than gila on the pitch. Even if he can't play like pato in the terms of deking and taking a shot or putting a huge amount of pace into works he is still coming back to defend and manuevuring creating space for other people to go into. Gila just stands in one position the whole game demanding a perfect ball to his head.
armiss
BAD News but from now i wont accept any setback at any price !

Brazil’s Kaka a doubt for Sweden friendly

3 hours, 43 minutes ago

March 20 (Reuters) - World player of the year Kaka is a doubt for Brazil’s friendly with Sweden in London next week after pulling up with a thigh problem early on in AC Milan’s 2-1 home defeat by Sampdoria in Serie A on Wednesday.

“Kaka won’t be with us at Torino (on Saturday) and I don’t think he’ll go to his national team either,” Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Brazilian playmaker had reovered from a back problem he suffered in last weekend’s 2-1 defeat at AS Roma to start for the European champions on Wednesday.
MizNelson
I think the last thing Kaka needs to do is play in a pointless friendly anyway. Dunga can go jump in a lake.

Paloschi should start regardless of whom we throw out there on Saturday. Hasn't he saved our neck a couple times this season (and almost did so yesterday)?
Bluesummers
The Brazilian superstar was forced off after only nine minutes of Milan’s 2-1 defeat to Sampdoria last night.

It has been revealed that the 25-year-old has a right leg flexor injury, and will be out of action for around 10 days.

Further tests will be undergone today and tomorrow, but Kaka will certainly miss the game with Torino this Saturday, while he faces a race against time to be fit for the following week’s match with Atalanta.

Kaka has had a miserable season on the injury front and has been playing with a niggling sensation in his knee for a few months now.

This has been a key factor in his under-par performances recently, as the Brazilian has struggled to match his brilliant level of performances from last year when he led Milan to Champions League glory.
aLbErTo
jankulovski is obviously still not in top form...not that other are but anyway...i think favalli should start this one, he's done pretty good as a sub couple of times this year...and i hate seeing kaladze on the pitch and simic whole season on the bench...he's not class of nesta or maldini, but he's surely better then kaladze !!!!
Darunia
My guess is Janku will start and get subbed out, that seems to happen a lot these days. We need Zambrotta =/ (We need to start winning games or Zambro won't come)
I_Rossoneri
With Ricky out injured I would play Paloschi and Gila upfront with Pato just behind them(or a free role to roam).
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 21 2008, 07:24 PM)
My guess is Janku will start and get subbed out, that seems to happen a lot these days.  We need Zambrotta =/ (We need to start winning games or Zambro won't come)

Janku has been awful recently and was rightly subbed again against Samp. IMO our downfall this season has been the poor quality from both our fullbacks, they need to start producing and fast.
arivanjj
the called up players:

Dida, Fiori, Kalac,

Digao, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Simic,

Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf,

Gilardino, Paloschi, Pato.
Darunia
Good to see Gourcuff back in the squad, although i don't think he'll play. No Bonera available.
Fillipo Simone
Torino is a must win.

I would like to see Pato and Gilardino upfront, behind them Seedorf and Gourcuff. If we field Pato-Palsochi-Gila it would be too much and we would be without a reserve striker on the bench. As Gila is a murderous bench-joker, I prefer to see him as a starter. Palo showed many times till now that he's able to score in 20 or less minutes from his entrence. Gila,..not!

A fit Serginho would be a blessing for this match, or Cafu. Toro can be broken down with some offensive backs, like the two. But,..it'll be a Favalli-Oddo coup instead I suppose.

Tennie will bring us luck, I'm sure. We'll win this one, let's make it a confident as well..
MizNelson
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 21 2008, 01:18 PM)
Tennie will bring us luck, I'm sure. We'll win this one, let's make it a confident as well..

Just look for the person flashing Nesta in the stands. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 21 2008, 09:18 PM)

I think the last time she went to a Milan game we lost (Billy's last game if I'm correct) so she may be bad luck! tongue.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 21 2008, 05:27 PM)
I think the last time she went to a Milan game we lost (Billy's last game if I'm correct) so she may be bad luck!  tongue.gif

We won that match, didn't we? It was the one in which Billy scored the penalty.
KillerMax
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 21 2008, 09:22 PM)
We won that match, didn't we? It was the one in which Billy scored the penalty.

He scored, but we lost.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Porty)

One of my favorite movies of all time. smile.gif

Totally random post, I know, but I'd have replied in the "4th Place?" thread were it still open.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 22 2008, 05:08 AM)
QUOTE (Porty)

One of my favorite movies of all time. smile.gif

Totally random post, I know, but I'd have replied in the "4th Place?" thread were it still open.

4th place thread?

Anyway,..it was a totally unimportant match against Udinese back then. No it's different. We must get the 3.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 22 2008, 01:34 AM)
4th place thread?

This.

http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?s...view=getnewpost
Zed.D
dp
Zed.D
I can't see us winning this one to be honest. Torino held Juve with a great performance there, I don't see a reason why they can't do the same to Milan [without Kaka and fairly weaker than Juve this season]
armiss
TORINO-MILAN: FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI
22/03/2008

MILANO - Torino e Milan così in campo all'Olimpico:

TORINO: Fontana; Diana, Natali, Di Loreto, Pisano; Rosina, Corini, Grella, P.Zanetti; Stellone, Di Michele.

cool.gif

MILAN: Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Pato, Gilardino.
armiss
Playing in Turin would be good again ! biggrin.gif
Darunia
Forza Milan!

Goooo Gila & Pato!
Zed.D
Gila ahead of Paloschi?! dry.gif I wonder how many chances he's gonna get before he's eventually sold to another team...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 22 2008, 07:34 AM)
Gila ahead of Paloschi?! dry.gif I wonder how many chances he's gonna get before he's eventually sold to another team...

han2503
Hopefully we'll go out there and finally after I don't know how long we'll play a good game.

Still would prefer either Emerson or Yoann instead of Ambro. He's in terrible form atm and has been a liabilaty lately with his slack passing.

We just need Pirlo and Seedorf on top of their game today
fresh_prince7
Ambro can't pass period.

Been along time since we've played a solid game.

Funny that the result probably rests on how well pato plays. Hopefully a few others are motivated tonight.
han2503
QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ Mar 22 2008, 01:54 PM)
Ambro can't pass period.

Been along time since we've played a solid game.

Funny that the result probably rests on how well pato plays. Hopefully a few others are motivated tonight.

I personally think it's all down to Pirlo and Seedorf, they are the only creative players in the team and if they don't play well, the entire team will stutter through the game. I have no doubts that if Pato gets the ball enough times he will score. He just has that aura about him that you know that if he will get the ball you can expect something to happen.

He just needs to be supplied with the ball and again, that falls on the shoulders of Pirlo and Seedorf. So I'm hoping that they play a good game.
fresh_prince7
Well thats true. I guess we'll see how motivated we are for 4th spot.
fresh_prince7
By the way, has the audio thing on acmilan.com been removed?
han2503
QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ Mar 22 2008, 02:04 PM)
By the way, has the audio thing on acmilan.com been removed?

no it's working

Paste this into your media player

http://media.esperia.com/milan_eng
armiss
i think it depends to all of them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.