Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toni Set For Milan Move?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
omahawi
Toni Set For Milan Move?

AC Milan are set to begin negotiations with Bayern Munich in the hope of signing their star striker Luca Toni, according to La Repubblica. Rossoneri have identified a top-class centre forward as their number one priority in this summer’s transfer market. 

Toni only signed for Bayern Munich last summer from Fiorentina, however he has been a huge hit in Germany, and is currently the joint top-scorer of the Bundesliga with 14 goals. 

Milan are ready to bid €10m for the giant hitman, as they aim to begin their rebuilding process following a hugely disappointing season. 

The chances of Toni moving to Milan are said to be promising as the Milan vice president is known to have a good relationship with Bayern supremo Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

A possible obstacle however could be Toni’s current annual salary of almost €6m a season. The striker, who turns 31 in a couple of months, may also wait and see if Milan qualify for next season’s Champions League before consenting to the move.

Toni has never played in Europe’s premier club competition, and Milan are struggling to qualify as they are currently fifth in Serie A, four points behind fourth-placed Fiorentina.

Anthony Sormani

If this were to ever come true I would be like a kid on Christmas morning. Please Santa. I've been a good boy all year and what I would really like for July is Luca Toni to play at Milan. SANTA! SANTA YOU HAD BETTER BE LISTENING!
redbabies
O, you're very modest to what you ask from Santa.

Luca Toni is not a good present if you've been a good boy all year.

You should be asking for smthing more like Drogba or Benzema. rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Why would Bayern sell him for so cheap anyways?

It would have been a great signing a few seasons ago, before he was 30, but he'll be 31. Typical Milan signing, I wouldn't mind him though.
Tennie
(He's cute! Buy him!)

This story was running in this morning's press in Italy....right next to the story that claimed Milan were for sure going to sign Drogba and Amauri.
kurtsimonw
Toni, Drogba and Amauri? I think the management must have heard about our complaints for too many DMs..
acid911
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 17 2008, 06:20 PM)
You should be asking for smthing more like Drogba or Benzema.

Benzema all the way. We'll get the best of both worlds: Someone for today, and for the future too. The prospect looks mouth-watering: Kaka > Benzema > Pato > Paloschi. But who am I kidding? Milan of today won't spend 30-40 millions for someone like him. sad.gif

As for Toni, I'm impartial to him. He's not the best we can get, and certainly not the worst. Plus, he's decently tall and physical, which could be a welcome change for our front line.
omahawi
I actually have watched a bunch of Bayern's games this year and Toni is simply brilliant. That fact said, I think he would be a perfect fit with the current tactics. strong, tall, great shot. Everything we could want and more, and with the way Del Piero has been playing I think Toni can last just as long.
Warchant
we missed him last year...sadly, i doubt he'll come this season
nuh
if we ask bayren for a favor it should lam not toni even though i love toni but he is getting old and we need to but a yung player like benzema
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 17 2008, 02:01 PM)
Benzema all the way. We'll get the best of both worlds: Someone for today, and for the future too. The prospect looks mouth-watering: Kaka > Benzema > Pato > Paloschi. But who am I kidding? Milan of today won't spend 30-40 millions for someone like him. sad.gif

As for Toni, I'm impartial to him. He's not the best we can get, and certainly not the worst. Plus, he's decently tall and physical, which could be a welcome change for our front line.

I have to agree with this post cool.gif
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 17 2008, 03:33 PM)
This story was running in this morning's press in Italy....right next to the story that claimed Milan were for sure going to sign Drogba and Amauri.

Drogba AND Amauri!?? WOW! That would be sweet... but there's zero chance it could happen... also I think we'd be better off with just Benzema!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 17 2008, 07:09 PM)
Drogba AND Amauri!?? WOW! That would be sweet... but there's zero chance it could happen... also I think we'd be better off with just Benzema!

Benzema is a dream, just like Villa or Agüero. No chance for that.

Toni? I would love him here, he has that certain Pippo nose for goals and Vieri's constitution, but why would he leave Bayern? He's a king there. Especially now that Klose is totally out of form.
dst
Yes, it's highly unlikely that we will see Toni at Milan.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 17 2008, 09:42 PM)
Benzema is a dream, just like Villa or Agüero. No chance for that.

Once upon a time Milan. once upon a time expensive transfers. once upon a time world class or at least good players in every position, both on the field & one the bench...

Why should the fans of the "number one club in the world" consider a 20yo [whose price tag is not so sky-high] an impossible dream?!

huh.gif
whoarethepatriots
Toni is a fantastic player, but the board should have made a move for him a few years ago.

I would welcome him with open arms, but we should also get a younger striker as he would only last 2-3yrs max

This is of course assuming the transfer happens and isnt sensationalist news
maldini03
I would be very pleased to see Toni at Milan, missing out on him is in the past he is still one of the best strikers around i mean 31 goals 2 yrs ago we could get at least 20 out of him. i dont want just him i would like another striker too but i think signing him would be for the better
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 17 2008, 02:53 PM)
Once upon a time Milan. once upon a time expensive transfers. once upon a time world class or at least good players in every position, both on the field & one the bench... 

Why should the fans of the "number one club in the world" consider a 20yo [whose price tag is not so sky-high] an impossible dream?!
huh.gif

ditto

and once upon a time wasnt a long time ago (only going back 5 years ago)

it's simple if milan isnt ready to spend we will wont be winning the Cl any time soon and we wont be more than 4th 5th place in the league. theres no way around it.
Portman
Don't believe in La Repubblica. Anti-Berlusconi left-wing cnuts.

And Toni is staying in Bayern for good.
Nova
Why would toni wants to leave Bayern , the lad is doing great there and will be playing CL next year.

If I had the choice I would go for Benzema , alltough I read he's happy staying with Lyon... so Its gila all the way tongue.gif
Bluesummers
lol not gonna happen unless we pay something like 30 mil.
javierk128
i would like to see a transfer politic like we did in 2004, when we bring a young world class player like kaka (benzema?), and world class DF like cafu and stam, with that i´d be happy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.