Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaka: Careers And Cycles End, Let's Just Accept It
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2
dst
Kaka: Careers And Cycles End, Let's Just Accept It

Milan superstar Kaka has declared that the club must start signing some young players in order to start a new winning cycle at the club, and that people should start accepting it when their careers end.

The Rossoneri’s Champions League exit to Arsenal last week was pained by many as the end of an era for the current squad.

At present eight of Milan’s first choice starting XI are all over the age of 30, and top top it all there has been talk that Paolo Maldini could carry on playing, and that Andriy Shevchenko might be recalled from Chelsea to ease the club's goalscoring worries.

This is clearly not a philosophy that Kaka agrees with, and the Brazilian has no qualms coming out openly. He insists that younger players must be bought if a new winning cycle is going to begin.

"Milan have to understand that our cycle is ending and we must begin another one,” he stated, leaving his stance on the issue beyond doubt.

“The day comes when the end of careers arrive - for everyone, even me," he added. Whom he may have been referring to, we leave for you to speculate.

"We must sign young players who can absorb the winning mentality - over a long period of time - of those who are already here and develop them in the same manner."

Milan face something of a struggle to qualify for next season’s Champions League as they are currently in fifth place in Serie A. Tomorrow night they travel to the Stadio Olimpico to play in-form Roma in the game of the weekend in the Italian championship.

Meanwhile, the debate rages on over Maldini and Shevchenko.

Roberto Rossi

I think this is from an interview with Corriere?
acid911
Huh ... huh.gif

The only thing I don't like about Kaka is gives these stupid interviews like he's the owner of the club. A small gripe I have about the man. We all know, what he's saying is right. But next time, will you keep it to yourself, Ricky? Telling Paolo or Cafu when its time? dry.gif Don't get me wrong, we have to sign new players as that is the future. Also its not like these old guys plan on staying another ten years.

Sign young blood. Don't throw away the old one, lest you want us to become a certain club from Madrid.
m1ke
He's right, we do need more young players coming through, but we knew this already.

I'm not sure what Roberto means with regards to the Maldini debate? From the Milan fan's I've spoken to, there's no debate. If Paolo wants to play another year, then he'll be doing us a favour, not causing us a problem. The Nesta-Maldini CB partnership is still one of the best in the world when both are fit.

This obviously doesn't hide the fact that we need cover for Maldini when the fixtures start stacking up.
redbabies
He's my hero!

And I think his comments will mean a lot to our management.
Locke Lamora
If Kaka is trying to push out Maldini, then screw him.
One-club captain's like Maldini are a dying breed, Milan should keep him as long as possible.
redbabies
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 14 2008, 03:26 PM)
Huh ... huh.gif

The only thing I don't like about Kaka is gives these stupid interviews like he's the owner of the club. A small gripe I have about the man. We all know, what he's saying is right. But next time, will you keep it to yourself, Ricky? Telling Paolo or Cafu when its time? dry.gif Don't get me wrong, we have to sign new players as that is the future. Also its not like these old guys plan on staying another ten years.

Sign young blood. Don't throw away the old one, lest you want us to become a certain club from Madrid.

He's right to speak his mind. He's our best player and will be our best player for some years to come. He wants trophies and thats why he wants changes.

I like that he's being such clear and direct for everything.

If Paolo will play for another season, lets everybody forget that we'll sing any CB. I can guarantee you that! (btw, come on we have "world class" CBs, Kala and Bonera smile.gif )
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 14 2008, 07:28 PM)
If Kaka is  trying to push out Maldini, then screw him.
One-club captain's like Maldini are a dying breed, Milan should keep him as long as possible.

+1. I've never heard a interview from Maldini in which he gave such controversial comments. And he's the club captain. That's what separates God from mortals.

Kaka gave a similar interview right after our exit from the Champions League. Right he is, and granted he's our best player, but words like these lower the morale of the locker room. I'd much rather prefer him saying we need new blood, period. The rest is up to the management to decide, no matter how inept they are at these matters.

There was a cycle when Baresi left, and others followed. Paolo or Sheva will go too.
acid911
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 14 2008, 07:31 PM)
He's right to speak his mind. He's our best player and will be our best player for some years to come. He wants trophies and thats why he wants changes.

I like that he's being such clear and direct for everything.

If Paolo will play for another season, lets everybody forget that we'll sing any CB. I can guarantee you that! (btw, come on we have "world class" CBs, Kala and Bonera)

I don't disagree with you one bit. But the right plan of action would be to sign a world class center back, and let him develop under Paolo. That's the management's mistake if they don't do this, and they'll live long enough to pay for this (as in now). smile.gif Paolo showed more determination and heart in the two legs against Arsenal than any other player, Kaka included.

And yes, he has a right to speak his mind as much as you and I. innocent.gif But sometimes silence is golden. And I'm not sure now is the best time for giving such an interview. He should have said this when we were signing Emerson, another 30 plus year old-er. dry.gif
redbabies
^^^
I think he said it now in order to warn the management to be prepared for opening the bank accounts deeply during the summer.
acid911
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 14 2008, 07:53 PM)
^^^
I think he said it now in order to warn the management to be prepared for opening the bank accounts deeply during the summer.

Milan superstar Kaka has declared that the club must start signing some young players in order to start a new winning cycle at the club = For the management. +1 smile.gif

And that people should start accepting it when their careers end. = For Paolo, Cafu and Sheva. -100 dry.gif

I'm sure he said it in the best of intentions, for the good of the club. Like you, me and I, everyone associated with Milan want it to do well. But we're fans, he's a player. Comments like this stir controversy in the media. And we all know how they love these kind of stories. My point being, Paolo's the club captain, not Kaka. And you don't hear these sort of words from Maldini - no matter how true they are. biggrin.gif Now if this was a blogger or article writer, I wouldn't have problem with it. They need to eat you know.
redbabies
^^
Dont take this article for granted, coz he might have said smth like that but maybe he didn't say "some players should retire"... you know journalists, how they want to make up stories!

I personally dont believe that he could say "Paolo must retire" - since we all know for his respect towards him, for Cafu I think the same, he's a good friend of Kaka, and as far as Sheva is concerned he's not a Milan player I dont know why we are mentioning his name at first.

I'm telling you, here is a misunderstanding between Kaka and journalist or translation.

He's a too good guy to say smth like that.
dst
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 14 2008, 04:26 PM)

Exactly! I don't know what Kaka said, I don't trust these translations and I trust Corriere even less... Also, if Kaka said this he did not mean to say that they SHOULD retire rather than that they should tell the club not to count them as vital memebers of the squad (to Cafu and Serginho) and accept their salary to be lowered in order to help the club sing some new and young players.

QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 14 2008, 04:27 PM)
The Nesta-Maldini CB partnership is still one of the best in the world when both are fit.

THe best! king.gif
acid911
Dont take this article for granted, coz he might have said smth like that but maybe he didn't say "some players should retire"... you know journalists, how they want to make up stories!

This is the second (or third) time I've read something like this from him. One right after the Europe exit, one maybe earlier, and now. Point being, apart from the management, only Maldini has the right to say something about team matters, with him being the captain. The other players are free to speak about themselves. But yes, journalists do love this kind of fodder. unsure.gif

I personally dont believe that he could say "Paolo must retire" - since we all know for his respect towards him, for Cafu I think the same, he's a good friend of Kaka, and as far as Sheva is concerned he's not a Milan player I dont know why we are mentioning his name at first.

I'm telling you, here is a misunderstanding between Kaka and journalist or translation.

I hope it is, mate. innocent.gif Plus, we're mentioning Sheva because of the third paragraph in the news story.

He's a too good guy to say smth like that.

Yeah, he is. I know he's class. sad.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 14 2008, 08:16 PM)
THe best!

Second that. The best ever. Their partnership both in Milan and Italy. king.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 14 2008, 12:14 PM)
Go Reds!

Arsenal play Liverpool 3 straight games.

Chelsea and Barca easy draws.

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 14 2008, 03:00 PM)
Milan superstar Kaka has declared that the club must start signing some young players in order to start a new winning cycle at the club = For the management. +1 smile.gif

And that people should start accepting it when their careers end. = For Paolo, Cafu and Sheva. -100 dry.gif

I'm sure he said it in the best of intentions, for the good of the club. Like you, me and I, everyone associated with Milan want it to do well. But we're fans, he's a player. Comments like this stir controversy in the media. And we all know how they love these kind of stories. My point being, Paolo's the club captain, not Kaka. And you don't hear these sort of words from Maldini - no matter how true they are. biggrin.gif Now if this was a blogger or article writer, I wouldn't have problem with it. They need to eat you know.

He's right, i dunno y everyone is getting angry about. When its time to retire it's time to retire. Losing to Arsenal 2-0 at home is proof enough.

We have to let some players go, look at Liverpool. They let Luis Garcia go and look at them now.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 14 2008, 04:30 PM)
We have to let some players go, look at Liverpool. They let Luis Garcia go and look at them now.

Are you comparing Luis Garcia to Paolo Maldini??? unsure.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 14 2008, 03:33 PM)
Are you comparing Luis Garcia to Paolo Maldini??? unsure.gif

Maldini is an exception, he plays as if hes still 20.
But players like Cafu need to go. and the habit of buying players
30+ has to stop.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 14 2008, 04:39 PM)
30+ has to stop.

Ok, I agree with you on Cafu.
But if Milan rid themselves of all the 30+ players...what would be left?
acid911
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 14 2008, 08:30 PM)
He's right, i dunno y everyone is getting angry about. When its time to retire it's time to retire. Losing to Arsenal 2-0 at home is proof enough.

Not angry, but disappointed, jef. And we didn't lose to Arsenal because of these so called old players, it's the young ones that let us down, coupled with our stupid management. Let's raise funds to send them a copy of FIFA Manager 07. laugh.gif

QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 14 2008, 08:30 PM)

The players we need to let go are Ba, Favalli, Brocchi, Emerson. Get in fresh, new blood. And after that the legends will go to sleepnext year, starting with Cafu, Sergio, Paolo, etc. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 14 2008, 08:33 PM)
Are you comparing Luis Garcia to Paolo Maldini???

smile.gif
Tennie
I think there's either mistranslation or deliberate skewing of words going on here.

Here's a quote from the italian version of the article:

"Si devono prendere i giocatori per assorbire la mentalità vincente di chi è qui da tempo e farli crescere nella stessa maniera".

Roughly translated, it's something like 'they need to bring in players now to absorb the mentality of those who have been here a long time so they can grow in the same way'.

Unless I'm totally screwing up the Italian, Kaka does NOT say or hint that Maldini should retire (though he does say that careers draw to a close, even his). What he DOES say is that Milan should bring kids in NOW to take advantage of the knowledge and experience of the veterans while the veterans are still around. 96.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 14 2008, 03:45 PM)
Not angry, but disappointed, jef. And we didn't lose to Arsenal because of these so called old players, it's the young ones that let us down, coupled with our stupid management. Let's raise funds to send them a copy of FIFA Manager 07. laugh.gif
The players we need to let go are Ba, Favalli, Brocchi, Emerson. Get in fresh, new blood. And after that the legends will go to sleepnext year, starting with Cafu, Sergio, Paolo, etc. unsure.gif
smile.gif

Thats what im trying to say. Also keep them to help the younger players.
Look at how Pato is doing around these people including Ronaldo.
acid911
Makes sense, Ten and Jef. No matter how he's worded it, he's only saying what we all know. I'm sure he is aware of how media feeds on such stories. smile.gif At the end of the day it all boils down to our management waking up from their deep slumber.
Bluesummers
Guys are you out of your minds, why are you questioning something like this? Especially you acid, he has a good point. People need to learn that this isn't a retirement home and they should leave and pursue another club. He has to carry this team and he can't do it every year like last year, its not fair to him. There is no other club like us in the world who has the most un-intelligent management to just keep buying people past their primes to play in the champions league. Silvio doesn't care for Serie A and neither does galliani and that is unacceptable. If they don't want milan to succeed they should leave and let some Arab owner buy it and invest money so we can at least buy some decent players. Where did the time go where we actually spent above 30 million.

I agree 100% with kaka, some people just need to be forced out and need to be told to stop sucking on milan like a leech. I personally have no problem with maldini staying but if hes taking the place of a young new cb then he needs to retire aswell. We need to think of long term not short term and say well we have maldini for another year, so thats guaranteed world class skill? Same with sheva, we have sheva next year so we should get 30+ goalS? Use some logical sense.

Comon guys, at some point we as a club have to put our foot down and say either perform or there is the door.

I dont know about you guys but in my case i hate just competing in the champions league and saying f*** the league. I want milan to compete with inter/roma for the league and compete with everyone else in champions league aswell.

It is very embarrassing for a club of our stature and history to say that we are only gonna play in 1 competition.

so kaka keep saying what you feel like so people in the club get the point.

Also i think galliani should retire aswell because god knows with him in charge our team just keeps going further and further down.
milanisti
wha
[/quote]
jefri91
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 14 2008, 04:56 PM)
Guys are you out of your minds, why are you questioning something like this?  Especially you acid, he has a good point.  People need to learn that this isn't a retirement home and they should leave and pursue another club.  He has to carry this team and he can't do it every year like last year, its not fair to him.  There is no other club like us in the world who has the most un-intelligent management to just keep buying people past their primes to play in the champions league.  Silvio doesn't care for Serie A and neither does galliani and that is unacceptable.  If they don't want milan to succeed they should leave and let some Arab owner buy it and invest money so we can at least buy some decent players.  Where did the time go where we actually spent above 30 million.

I agree 100% with kaka, some people just need to be forced out and need to be told to stop sucking on milan like a leech.  I personally have no problem with maldini staying but if hes taking the place of a young new cb then he needs to retire aswell.  We need to think of long term not short term and say well we have maldini for another year, so thats guaranteed world class skill?  Same with sheva, we have sheva next year so we should get 30+ goalS?  Use some logical sense.

Comon guys, at some point we as a club have to put our foot down and say either perform or there is the door.   

I dont know about you guys but in my case i hate just competing in the champions league and saying f*** the league.  I want milan to compete with inter/roma for the league and compete with everyone else in champions league aswell.

It is very embarrassing for a club of our stature and history to say that we are only gonna play in 1 competition. 

so kaka keep saying what you feel like so people in the club get the point. 

Also i think galliani should retire aswell because god knows with him in charge our team just keeps going further and further down.

my hero wub.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 14 2008, 12:56 PM)
I agree 100% with kaka, some people just need to be forced out and need to be told to stop sucking on milan like a leech. 

The problem, Bluesummers, is that that isn't what Kaka said. It was mistranslated - perhaps deliberately by the English language journalist - to sound like Kaka was sniping at Maldini.

And to be honest, Maldini in the last few games has outperformed all the other Milan players. So it's not entirely a case of sentiment on his part. He's absolutely earned his spot on the lineup by his performances.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 14 2008, 11:17 AM)
The problem, Bluesummers, is that that isn't what Kaka said. It was mistranslated - perhaps deliberately by the English language journalist - to sound like Kaka was sniping at Maldini.

And to be honest, Maldini in the last few games has outperformed all the other Milan players. So it's not entirely a case of sentiment on his part. He's absolutely earned his spot on the lineup by his performances.

I understand what your saying but if you read what i wrote, i'm not beaking maldini. Like i said i have no problem with him staying but if hes gonna take the place of a signing an new good cb than we can't have that. He is good now but he can't play every game and its sad but we have to accept that.
Tennie
Dude. With all due respect, I'm going to disagree with you. Even if he only plays every other game, it's absolutely worth having Maldini in the squad - even if it means putting off getting a new CB. He brings a hell of a lot to the team and, frankly, he's earned the right to do what he thinks best. I'm willing to bet that he has a better grasp on the situation than any of us do.

I'm also going to take issue with your apparent approval of what you see as Kaka publicly telling management what to do. If he wants to do it privately, fine. But it's not appropriate for anyone but a team captain to make statements like those you apparently think Kaka did. Kaka isn't bigger than the rest of the team, no matter what anyone thinks.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 14 2008, 09:00 AM)

what about last year, where was half the team when kaka single handly brought us the champions league and 4th place, and dont say well seedorf etc pitched cause you know it was all his motivation and determination. So yes he had two bad games but he can't keep carrying on milan again and again. Maldini is doing good now but do you think he can keep it up this season and the next?

Also let it stir discontent at the club, they need to understand that the fans are pissed. What the hell kind of season goal is 4th place? We sound like fiorentina or udinese.

Paolo is the club captain and he isn't doing anything or speaking up and that is a mistake so someone has to.
Portman
Basically what Kaka' is saying is: "Or Milan stop cunting about on transfer-windows and buy some real top adds or I'll be off soon."

And I'd do the same if I was in his situation.
Portman
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 14 2008, 03:39 PM)
30+ has to stop.

Don't fool yourself bud. We love Maldini but he looks like a amateur when we played world-class fowards (last 2 derbies for example). He needs to retire.

There's no other way.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 14 2008, 11:27 AM)
Dude. With all due respect, I'm going to disagree with you. Even if he only plays every other game, it's absolutely worth having Maldini in the squad - even if it means putting off getting a new CB. He brings a hell of a lot to the team and, frankly, he's earned the right to do what he thinks best. I'm willing to bet that he has a better grasp on the situation than any of us do.

I'm also going to take issue with your apparent approval of what you see as Kaka publicly telling management what to do. If he wants to do it privately, fine. But it's not appropriate for anyone but a team captain to make statements like those you apparently think Kaka did. Kaka isn't bigger than the rest of the team, no matter what anyone thinks.

To be honest if it means we could sign someone on puyol's or terry's level i would be happy with maldini's retirement. With any other club this would be unacceptable players would leave plus the coach sacked but with us losing cl and 4th place is not enough to get carlo and players sacked. Thats the problem.

I don't mind maldini staying but i would rather have someone who can actually play every game with kaladze and nesta than someone who can play once a month. He has a lot of experience but he isn't anywhere near the top 10 cb in the world.

also on kaka, i think he has desreved to right to talk. He cares for this club more than the likes of emerson and brocchi do so he should get at least a chance to voice his oppinion. Kaka will be here till 2013 not maldini(as a player) and co, so obviously he cares alot.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 14 2008, 11:32 AM)
Don't fool yourself bud. We love Maldini but he looks like a amateur when we played world-class fowards (last 2 derbies for example). He needs to retire.

There's no other way.

I mean he can stay but he shouldn't be stopping transfers. I'd have him in the team but there is no way we can look to him for next season.

to dst tennie and co:
He'll be 40-41, how the hell do you expect him to be able to stop adebayor etc next season when they'll improve and maldini will keep dropping in form and physical condition.
jefri91
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 14 2008, 05:32 PM)

There's no other way.

Problem is he should've retired when he won the CL. Seeing him retire without winning anything his last season is a sad way to go
Portman
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 14 2008, 05:40 PM)
Problem is he should've retired when he won the CL. Seeing him retire without winning anything his last season is a sad way to go

He won the CWC in Japan and the European SuperCup.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 14 2008, 11:43 AM)
He won the CWC in Japan and the European SuperCup.

in other words, he won nothing.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 14 2008, 12:31 PM)
Basically what Kaka' is saying is: "Or Milan stop cunting about on transfer-windows and buy some real top adds or I'll be off soon."

that about sums it up.

i have the feeling it will happen too.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Mar 14 2008, 11:46 AM)
that about sums it up.

i have the feeling it will happen too.

nah i doubt it, we'll hit the transfer market right in the summer. This time i dont doubt silvio's abilities and galliani's aswell.
KillerMax
Will you all just leave God out of this? I don't think Kaka even thought of Maldini when he said these words. There players like Fiori, Favalli, Serginho, Brocchi, Ba, Inzaghi and Cafu who are OBVIOUSLY finished and should retire(or at least move on) and make room for younger players. With those players leaving, we'll still have Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, all 30+ players to pass on their experience to the newcomers.

Maldini is Milan's captain and he is no damn leech. He will make the right judgment for himself and the club will rightfully allow him that.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 14 2008, 12:48 PM)
nah i doubt it, we'll hit the transfer market right in the summer.  This time i dont doubt silvio's abilities and galliani's aswell.

what abilities? the guy is the club jester.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 14 2008, 01:06 PM)
Will you all just leave God out of this? I don't think Kaka even thought of Maldini when he said these words. There players like Fiori, Favalli, Serginho, Brocchi, Ba, Inzaghi and Cafu who are OBVIOUSLY finished and should retire(or at least move on) and make room for younger players. With those players leaving, we'll still have Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, all 30+ players to pass on their experience to the newcomers.

Maldini is Milan's captain and he is no damn leech. He will make the right judgment for himself and the club will rightfully allow him that.

i dont think he included maldini in that category, we all know who the lechers are.
Portman
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Mar 14 2008, 06:53 PM)
what abilities?

Signing 30 yo non-football players freebies.
gawlo
You know why Kaka made right to say something like that, even if some journalist maybe mispelled it? Because discusions back on right track with the real reason of a problem.

I hope the management start the discussion also ;-).

I just don't understand why this discussion is about Maldini and Sheva.

I don't think a super hit transfers for record transfers fees will be a good choice but we can still sign few very good players.

And that don't mean that Maldini should retire. He is the exception and if he want to be still in squad he should be, playing in the first team or seating on the bench is the other thing, if we have better CB he will be seating that's how it is, cause this is his individual decision: retire or not. But he will be indispensable in other role, mentor for new players .

And also i would like to see Sheva back in the squad. But please don't threat this as a recept for all problems. Can you imagine a better striker for competive price in squad rotation role? Pato, Gilardino, Shevchenko and maybe some new signing - we will have 4 good players which could be rotated depend on situation.

But let me see comparing actual first team squad from Milan.com

Goalkeppers:
Kalac - stay
Dida - stay\offload (depends if we sign somebody for that position)
Fiori - offload

We should invest in good goalkepper - Frey, maybe Boruc etc.

Defence:

Oddo - stay
Kaladze - stay
Nesta - stay

Jankulovski - stay
Bonera - stay
Maldini- - stay
Digao - stay\don't know\young one
Darmian - stay\don't know\young one

Cafu- offload
Simic - offload
Favalli - offload
Serginho - offload

I don't know how Digao and Darmian are developing but there will be room for +-2 new defenders - specially Central Back and must signing - Right Back - they don't need to be very young i think that at most 26 will be OK. Who? I would like to see Ramos but it will hard to sign him.... I would consider signing of Company from HSV for example.....

Right BACK is must signing cause Oddo best years already passed and we don't have even backup for him

Midfield:

Gattuso - stay
Seedorf - stay
Gourcuff - stay
Pirlo - stay
Ambrosini - stay

Brocchi - offload
Emerson - offload
Ba - offload

Two good young hard-working and creative midfielders should fill the gap. Let are scouts consider somebody from Lyon or Arsenal.... Pls shot me if you find in all over the world better midfield which you can learn from their experience...

Attack:

Pato - stay
Gilardino - stay
Kaka - stay

Aubameyang - stay/young
Ronaldo - don't know if he will be still available to play
Inzaghi - offload

I think Sheva should back and our attack will be look nice, depending on how Aubameyang is developing we can sign some young striker for him.

What do you think?

And is there revolution necessary?

GK + CB + RB + CM + CM + ST - 4-6 new players and offload those "reds" and our squad should look good. Is this revolution in the meaning of Real Madrid? i don't think so, but it is necessary step and Kaka is right. I would like to finally see Scudetto back in our hands more than winning the CL....
redbabies
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 14 2008, 06:31 PM)

EX(f@ckin)ACTLY!
Locke Lamora
Look, if Maldini wants to play another year then for the sake of honour let him do so!
You Milan fans don't see how lucky you are to still have a guy like Maldini in your team, as an Arsenal fan I would have been KILLING for another Adams character in our team.
Milan's problem isn't Maldini, it's your attack.
Ronaldo and Inzaghi plays like what? 5 matches this year and Inzaghi's gonna retire soon. Pato is an interesting prospect, alright, but he can't be an attack on his own you know, and Gilardino totally lacks consitency.
Your midfield, when in-form are perhaps the best there is, but you need more options there, and Kaka needs to stop acting like he's so god-damn special.
He's been on high air recently, remember the Arsenal game where each time he was tackled he just raised his arms in complaint while the game went on?
Bring in another CB, but let him act as cover for Maldini next year, learning from him while Milan sort out who the next captain is going to be, 'cos Ambrosini as captain of AC Milan isn't going to work.
Tennie
96.gif The fish doll gives Locke a whole plate of cookies.

Nicely stated.
jefri91
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 14 2008, 07:22 PM)
Look, if Maldini wants to play another year then for the sake of honour let him do so!
You Milan fans don't see how lucky you are to still have a guy like Maldini in your team, as an Arsenal fan I would have been KILLING for another Adams character in our team.
Milan's problem isn't Maldini, it's your attack.
Ronaldo and Inzaghi plays like what? 5 matches this year and Inzaghi's gonna retire soon. Pato is an interesting prospect, alright, but he can't be an attack on his own you know, and Gilardino totally lacks consitency.
Your midfield, when in-form are perhaps the best there is, but you need more options there, and Kaka needs to stop acting like he's so god-damn special.
He's been on high air recently, remember the Arsenal game where each time he was tackled he just raised his arms in complaint while the game went on?
Bring in another CB, but let him act as cover for Maldini next year, learning from him while Milan sort out who the next captain is going to be, 'cos Ambrosini as captain of AC Milan isn't going to work.

laugh.gif
agenth
i dont think kaka meant to push out Maldini and Cafu (for god's sake!!!)

He just is frustrated that the past 2 summer transfers have been helluva ****!!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 14 2008, 08:59 PM)
laugh.gif

Seriously, the guy has about as much charisma as a carrot...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (gawlo @ Mar 14 2008, 12:56 PM)
You know why Kaka made right to say something like that, even if some journalist maybe mispelled it? Because discusions back on right track with the real reason of a problem.

I hope the management start the discussion also ;-).

I just don't understand why this discussion is about Maldini and Sheva.

I don't think a super hit transfers for record transfers fees will be a good choice but we can still sign few very good players.

And that don't mean that Maldini should retire. He is the exception and if he want to be still in squad he should be, playing in the first team or seating on the bench is the other thing, if we have better CB he will be seating that's how it is, cause this is his individual decision: retire or not. But he will be indispensable in other role, mentor for new players .

And also i would like to see Sheva back in the squad. But please don't threat this as a recept for all problems. Can you imagine a better striker for competive price in squad rotation role? Pato, Gilardino, Shevchenko and maybe some new signing - we will have 4 good players which could be rotated depend on situation.

But let me see comparing actual first team squad from Milan.com

Goalkeppers:
Kalac - stay
Dida - stay\offload (depends if we sign somebody for that position)
Fiori - offload

We should invest in good goalkepper - Frey, maybe Boruc etc.

Defence:

Oddo - stay
Kaladze - stay
Nesta - stay

Jankulovski - stay
Bonera - stay
Maldini- - stay
Digao - stay\don't know\young one
Darmian - stay\don't know\young one

Cafu- offload
Simic - offload
Favalli - offload
Serginho - offload

I don't know how Digao and Darmian are developing but there will be room for +-2 new defenders - specially Central Back and must signing - Right Back - they don't need to be very young i think that at most 26 will be OK. Who? I would like to see Ramos but it will hard to sign him.... I would consider signing of Company from HSV for example.....

Right BACK is must signing cause Oddo best years already passed and we don't have even backup for him

Midfield:

Gattuso - stay
Seedorf - stay
Gourcuff - stay
Pirlo - stay
Ambrosini - stay

Brocchi - offload
Emerson - offload
Ba - offload

Two good young hard-working and creative midfielders should fill the gap. Let are scouts consider somebody from Lyon or Arsenal.... Pls shot me if you find in all over the world better midfield which you can learn from their experience...

Attack:

Pato - stay
Gilardino - stay
Kaka - stay

Aubameyang - stay/young
Ronaldo - don't know if he will be still available to play
Inzaghi - offload

I think Sheva should back and our attack will be look nice, depending on how Aubameyang is developing we can sign some young striker for him.

What do you think?

And is there revolution necessary?

GK + CB + RB + CM + CM + ST - 4-6 new players and offload those "reds" and our squad should look good. Is this revolution in the meaning of Real Madrid? i don't think so, but it is necessary step and Kaka is right. I would like to finally see Scudetto back in our hands more than winning the CL....

beautiful man, i agree with everything you say except for this part. He is done, he needs to gtfo and never step in milan again. Pure trash and a total cvunt.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 14 2008, 02:56 PM)
beautiful man, i agree with everything you say except for this part.  He is done, he needs to gtfo and never step in milan again.  Pure trash and a total cvunt.

bluesummers is talking about Gilardino BTW. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.