Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan assess Flamini option
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Ry4n
Milan assess Flamini option Monday 10 March, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have joined Juventus in the reported race to sign Arsenal midfield starlet Mathieu Flamini.

The young Frenchman, still just 24, may be up for grabs on a Bosman at the end of the season after failing to agree terms with the London club over an extension.

Juventus, despite publicly insisting that they are not tracking the midfielder, have been linked and the Rossoneri are now said to be keen too.

The latest transfer whispers doing the rounds in the streets of Europe’s fashion capital suggest that the San Siro giants are prepared to offer him a four-year contract worth £2m a season.

Flamini, who impressed Milan scouts during Arsenal’s victorious Champions League ties against the Italians recently, is being viewed as a possible replacement for Yoann Gourcuff.

The latter, heralded as the new Zinedine Zidane, could be on his way out of the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza after failing to deliver on his potential.

In an odd twist, Gourcuff may actually end up at the Emirates Stadium given Arsene Wenger’s understood admiration for the former Under-21 French international.

Channel 4 News
Fillipo Simone
I cross my fingers Juve get him!!

This really must be a joke! We play against Arsenal, Adebayor, Fabregas, Eboue & Co. look real good, but we can't see further then Flamini! mad.gif ..a fourth or fifth DM? No, this is a joke or fabrication,...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 10 2008, 03:47 PM)
I cross my fingers Juve get him!!

This really must be a joke! We play against Arsenal, Adebayor, Fabregas, Eboue & Co. look real good, but we can't see further then Flamini!  mad.gif ..a fourth or fifth DM? No, this is a joke or fabrication,...

with the way gattuso ambro emerson are playing, i wouldn't mind him. we have 4 dm but there all a big joke even gattuso this season looks like trash. no offence i love the guy but this isn't a retirement home.
misha
If we bring him instead of Brocchi, then why not?
dst
Has he signed a new contract yet?? ...
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 11 2008, 01:58 AM)
Has he signed a new contract yet?? ...

nope
LaPalma
Hmm...can't say I don't like Flamini. But as said above I don't think we'll need another DM. Our current options are fine and we should really focus on other parts of the team.
Jack Sparrow
Actually...Flamini is more of a box-to-box than a defensive mid. I can't say he's doing bad either. But he's not the kind of player you bring on to change a match. Nor do I see Carlo partnering him with Pirlo in the 4-3-1-2; 4-3-2-1! I doubt it esp with Rino, Ambro and Emerson.

The only place I can see Flamini is when Carlo plays his occasional desperate 4-4-2 in the Coppa Italia. Doubt Flamini likes Milan that much to play just in the Coppa Italia (unless of course he's gay for Seedorf rolleyes.gif) .

I think this is one of those 'smaller' club meets giant, and most impressive player of the smaller club gets bought by the giant, next transfer season. rolleyes.gif

I might have believed it if we were being managed by SAF.
dst
Oh come on Jack, a box-to-box player?? You mean without the ball? That I understand... How many times have you seen him take the ball from one box to the other?

He's a defensive player that goes up often in order to collect the rebounds or take a shot but he's not creative, he can't dribble, his passing is nothing out of the ordinary... he is just a very good defensive midfielder...

Also, I think Fabregas was the best human player on the pitch in both legs... but well that's just opinions.
Jack Sparrow
^^^

Yeah without the ball....he's able to keep the attack from fizzling out, since he's there to collect the rebounds and all....and his shot also makes him an attacking threat.

You're right he's not a pure water carrier either. Something in between I guess.
Locke Lamora
Not going to happen.
That Flamini has failed to agree with Arsenal over a contract is just bullsh*t, the negotiations are still on and Wenger has publicly stated he will do everything he can to keep Flamini.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 11 2008, 05:10 PM)
Not going to happen.
That Flamini has failed to agree with Arsenal over a contract is just bullsh*t, the negotiations are still on and Wenger has publicly stated he will do everything he can to keep Flamini.

This rumor is agent-fueled, that's what I was trying to say...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.