Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carletto's vote of confidence
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
arivanjj
Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has given Coach Carlo Ancelotti yet another vote of confidence.

The Rossoneri are currently locked in a battle with Fiorentina for fourth place and failed to reach the quarter-finals of the European Cup after losing to Arsenal last week.

Press reports suggest that World Cup winning tactician Marcello Lippi or Jose Mourinho are being lined up for the job at Via Turati after a season of disappointment.

Milan beat Empoli 3-1 yesterday and are now only a point behind the Viola, who lost at local rivals Siena, but Galliani still felt the need to clarify his Coach's future.

“We hope to qualify for the Champions League,” he said. “In any case, even if we don't succeed we will be in the UEFA Cup and Carlo Ancelotti will be our Coach next season, 100 per cent.” laugh.gif

The Rossoneri last competed in the UEFA Cup seven seasons ago. Since then they have won two Champions League titles.

The 63-year-old Vice-President also responded to speculation regarding Milan's transfer plans. “It is too soon to speak about it, but there will certainly be no revolution,” he insisted.

The Club World Cup champions have been linked with players in all departments, from Fiorentina goalkeeper Sebastian Frey to Chelsea attacker Didier Drogba.

Channel4
Warchant
do all club owners have some script they read when they're planning on firing the coach? lol
kurtsimonw
I know alot of our players had no motivation or ambition anymore. Obviously Galliani doesn't either.
misha
When they giving you vote of confidence a few times, you should be worried about your job.
Zed.D
I'm gonna be sick puke.gif
I_Rossoneri
Galliani lies smile.gif

I think the only thing that can save carlo now is getting fourth(or even third!) spot.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 10 2008, 05:26 PM)
Galliani lies smile.gif

I think the only thing that can save carlo now is getting fourth(or even third!) spot.

i dont know, i think he'll keep him because carlo is galliani's b****. He'll accept whatever he throws at him.
misha
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 11 2008, 01:26 AM)
Galliani lies smile.gif

I think that decision to replace him has been made already, no matter in which place we are gonna finish.
dst
QUOTE (Warchant @ Mar 10 2008, 10:07 PM)
do all club owners have some script they read when they're planning on firing the coach? lol

laugh.gif True

It seems that he will be out this summer. But it's not like I would not bet my money on it...

I think it's almost necessary that we change the coach I'm just afraid of changing to be honest...
Gila_Soul
Even a 4th place finish will not save Ancelotti.

This season has been a failure for Milan and changes are quite obviously needed.
Jack Sparrow
I really don't think he will be fired...and rightfully so. So only Filippo is with me on this right??

Kewl...lost causes...Jack Sparrow become Don Quixote again... cool.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 11 2008, 10:33 AM)
I really don't think he will be fired...and rightfully so. So only Filippo is with me on this right??

i don't think he will be fired either...and you could use his past record in the CL to justify that.

however, i still believe that he SHOULD be let go
LaPalma
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 11 2008, 04:33 PM)

I stand by your side my Hindoo friend if ti comes to the "rightfully so" part but I'm afraid he'll be fired.
Zed.D
He won't be fired, he will step down to join the Azzurri. mark my words.

Benitez has said he'd gladly come to Italy one day. the idea of him coaching Juve scares the hell out of me! I wouldn't mind if he replaced Carletto because in that case Madrid's CL triumph record would be overtaken in less than 5 years by us cool.gif
bigmacmtl
is carlo the problem? no. is he part of the problem? yes

if he gets fired i wont be too sad, but it wont be that bad if he isnt.
KillerMax
Carletto won't be fired despite what many think. If Donadoni got sacked however, then he will probably step down to coach the Italian NT.
dst
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Mar 11 2008, 09:59 PM)
is carlo the problem? no. is he part of the problem? yes

if he gets fired i wont be too sad, but it wont be that bad if he isnt.

I agree with that.

But I would prefer it if he left. We should part ways not because he did not do good enough with us but because we have to start something new. Both him and us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.