Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
misha
Roma vs AC Milan

Serie A 2007/08 - Week 28

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stadio Olimpico

Time : 19.30 (UK); 20:30 (IT)
misha
With the way Milan are playing now, I can't see how we can win at Rome. There must be some improvement.
Portman
Fiorentina-Genoa and Juventus-Napoli in this fixture.

We'll see. But I think it will be difficult for us to grab a point in Olimpico at the moment.
Bluesummers
0-2 for roma, i'm looking past this match.
Darunia
We got a week to prepare, and hopefully Nesta, Seedorf will be back for this one and we can grab a point.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 9 2008, 12:39 PM)
We got a week to prepare, and hopefully Nesta, Seedorf will be back for this one and we can grab a point.

in order to grab a point, we'll need a miracle from broccadinho. rolleyes.gif
Tennie
I'd be very happy with a point from this one.
redbabies
we become a different team when we rest a full 1-week.

i'm very optimistic about his fixture.
dst
If Inter and Fiorentina lost I would not really mind us losing too! biggrin.gif

But I care more about Milan than I could ever care about Inter failing so... FORZA MILAN!!! devil.gif
Zed.D
No way we can win this one. everyone would be happy with a point I guess. but that will be very very difficult.
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 9 2008, 10:48 PM)
No way we can win this one. everyone would be happy with a point I guess. but that will be very very difficult.

You wanna make a bet? cool.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 9 2008, 03:04 PM)

yeah i'll take you up on it. Roma will kill us.
bigmacmtl
milan havent won against a good team all year, so i would expect us to win at least one game like this. i wont be too surpsied if we pull off a win, then again i wouldnt be surprised if they outclass us.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Mar 9 2008, 10:13 PM)
milan havent won against a good team all year, so i would expect us to win at least one game like this. i wont be too surpsied if we pull off a win, then again i wouldnt be surprised if they outclass us.

lol we have no chance guy. The form they are on right now, they'll tear thru anyone.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 9 2008, 10:47 AM)
in order to grab a point, we'll need a miracle from broccadinhorolleyes.gif

I think I saw that prepared on Iron Chef last week. smile.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 10 2008, 12:34 AM)

On a Milan win?... of course, why not? wink.gif
armiss
Empoli game was the first & absolutely a different game of 12 , but now the team has a usual physical and mental condition , so we expect another !
Zed.D

Don't you just love it?! rolleyes.gif
Tennie
AC Milan's English language page is a source of great amusement for me. There's almost always at least one or two really bad typo/grammar/etc mistakes to give one a snicker.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 10 2008, 10:59 PM)
AC Milan's English language page is a source of great amusement for me. There's almost always at least one or two really bad typo/grammar/etc mistakes to give one a snicker.

There are MANY better-designed, more up-to-dated and accurate football club official websites out there. our website simply sucks [especially its Englsih section].
Tennie
In any event, back to the game:

Today before today's Lega Calcio meeting, Galliani spoke with reporters. He apparently told them that Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, and Janku would be back and available to play against Roma.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 10 2008, 03:53 PM)

Today before today's Lega Calcio meeting, Galliani spoke with reporters. He apparently told them that Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, and Janku would be back and available to play against Roma.

yay finally! now we can actually have a ghost of chance!
Bluesummers
line up prediction:

kalac
oddo-nesta-kaladze-maldini
gattuso--pirlo--ambro

===kaka---------seedorf

=======pato---------

subs: gila, emerson brocchi smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^
Is that the one you think will play, or the one you want?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 11 2008, 11:20 PM)
^^
Is that the one you think will play, or the one you want?

play
Jack Sparrow
Hmmm....I'd probably put Emerson in there. Maybe instead of Rino. Rino's pace is off at the moment.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 10 2008, 09:53 PM)

Hopefully they're not rushing them back because it's an important game just like they did against Arsenal.

But if they are all sure that the players returning are at 100% then it's great news
Darunia
I wouldn't be surprised if we played with two strikers if Seedorf isn't 100%, with a Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambro midfield.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 12 2008, 05:33 AM)
Hmmm....I'd probably put Emerson in there. Maybe instead of Rino. Rino's pace is off at the moment.

I prefer a disabled Rino to Emo
Tennie
Pippo, Janku, and Emerson trained apart from the group today. Everyone else took part in regular training.

Ronie observed training (there are pictures on acmilan.com).

As far as Roma goes, there's some question as to whether Mexes will be available and Giuly has apparently only just returned to training with the group.
whoarethepatriots
Mexes is their Nesta, if he misses out we will be slightly more likely to breach their defence
sansiro1708
i dunno this game is so triky ...
imo opinion i hope we lose and fiorentina does also.
i dont want roma to lose track of the merda. i rather see roma lifting the champions and serie A . than inter the serie A
Darunia
I kind of expect it to be a draw like last season or a close loss is possible as well. Hopefully Inter and Fiorentina drop pts.
Bluesummers
i hope kaka is on his game and pato too. I expect gourcuff to recieve some time again, not much though.
armiss
We must defeat them !
Darunia
Nesta, Seedorf, and Janku are still training on their own, so its uncertain if they will make it. If they don't, expect something like this:

Kalac
Oddo Bonera Kaladze Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Kaka
Pato Gilardino
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 13 2008, 12:16 PM)
Nesta, Seedorf, and Janku are still training on their own, so its uncertain if they will make it.  If they don't, expect something like this:

Kalac
Oddo Bonera Kaladze Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Kaka
Pato Gilardino

sigh i would rather we use emerson instead of gila.
Tennie
The fish doll would prefer Paloschi to Gila. 96.gif

The one minorly lucky thing about injuries is that Roma's got 'em too. Of their usual starters, De Rossi trained apart today. Mexes and Pizarro trained separately Wednesday, and on Tuesday Mexes ONLY did physiotherapy (Tonetto and Totti also trained separately on Tuesday).

(source: asroma.it and their 'today's training' articles. Milan's 'today's training' articles are better, even though the wooly caps the Roma players wear during training makes me snicker more)
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 13 2008, 01:23 PM)
The fish doll would prefer Paloschi to Gila.  96.gif

The one minorly lucky thing about injuries is that Roma's got 'em too.  Of their usual starters, De Rossi trained apart today. Mexes and Pizarro trained separately Wednesday, and on Tuesday Mexes ONLY did physiotherapy (Tonetto and Totti also trained separately on Tuesday).

(source: asroma.it and their 'today's training' articles. Milan's 'today's training' articles are better, even though the wooly caps the Roma players wear during training makes me snicker more)

the fish doll 96.gif yeah but paloschi won't start mad.gif
bigmacmtl
i'd rather we lose and juve and fiorentina lose as well so roma can accomplish something notable unlike us.
dst
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Mar 13 2008, 10:56 PM)
i'd rather we lose and juve and fiorentina lose as well so roma can accomplish something notable unlike us.

I can't say I wish for that to happen but in the end of the day... I would not be too sad either! biggrin.gif
Darunia
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 13 2008, 01:57 PM)
sigh i would rather we use emerson instead of gila.

Gattuso Pirlo Ambro and Emerson? Only Carlo would try that. Gourcuff for Gila maybe.
Tennie
Here is Gazzetta's probable lineup:

Kalac
Bonera Nesta Kaladze Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini Kakà
Seedorf
Pato
kurtsimonw
Kaka' on the left and Seedorf behind the strikers? That must surely be a mix-up.
Tennie
It's my mistake. They've got it down as a Christmas Tree (4-3-2-1).

Sorry!

No cookies for me.
KingKaka
am gonna cry if we drop more points if we dont get cl we will have ba on our team for another year and i dont want that blink.gif sad.gif mad.gif wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 14 2008, 04:19 AM)
Here is Gazzetta's probable lineup:

Kalac
Bonera Nesta Kaladze Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini Kakà
Seedorf
Pato

I hate it when we play with one striker... dry.gif

@ KingKaka

You avatar is... laugh.gif
Darunia
If Seedorf is fit we'll def play that. Oddo was subbed out last game, not surprised if Bonera starts.
han2503
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 14 2008, 07:16 AM)
If Seedorf is fit we'll def play that.  Oddo was subbed out last game, not surprised if Bonera starts.

Bonera also made a terrib;e mistake in that game, when will Carlo ever learn that he is not a RB?? rolleyes.gif

Personally I would like to see us go out with something like this

Oddo--Nesta--Maldini--Janku
---Seedorf--Pirlo--Gattuso---
--------------Kaka-------------
-----------Pato--Gila----------

That would have been the formation we would have gone out with a couple of seasons ago and we would most probably win it. These days it's a whole different story so I'm expecting this formation from Carlo

Bonera--Nesta--Kala--Maldini
--Gattuso--Pirlo--Ambrosini--
--------Seedorf--Kaka---------
-------------Pato----------------

rolleyes.gif
Zed.D
I want to see this:

----------- Pato ------------ Paloschi ----------

-------------------- Kaka -----------------------

---- Seedorf ------ Pirlo ------- Gattuso ------

Janku ------ Maldini ------ Nesta ------ Oddo

--------------------- Kalac ---------------------

Pato is our undisputed #1 striker and Paloschi is definitely more useful than Gila at the moment. besides when you make Gila angry by playing two school kids ahead of him, you're more likely to see a goal from him. so Gila on the bench, and the substitute of Paloschi in the second half.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.