Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Places where the players eat in Milano
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
whoarethepatriots
I recently stumbled across this (i was looking for something else), which tells of places in Milano where Rossoneri players (and staff in some cases) eat.

I will bold the player/s that visit it

Don Lisander

via Manzoni, 12
02 7602 0130

Illustrious old charmer that prides itself on discreet and unflustered service, overseen by celebrated proprietors Luigi Lucchini and Luigi Toffalori. Comes into its own during the summer months, when tables are moved out into a shaded courtyard and Lombardian classics served al fresco.

Has Ronaldo been in?: No sign of the Brazilian forward as yet, but his Milan skipper Paolo Maldini often dines here with his wife, Venezuelan ex-model Adriana.

Gold

via Carlo Poerio, 2
02 757 7771

Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana’s formal restaurant (a bar, café and bistro sit downstairs) is a typical exercise in bling ostentation, but fear not – this place is a real treat, with spoil-you-rotten service and (gold-embossed) mod Med menu. People do tend to stare long and hard at your shoes, though.

Has Ronaldo been in? He has, though apparently he barely touched his food.

La Briciola

via Solferino, 25
02 655 1105

Upmarket Brera favourite, famed for its carpaccio and catwalk clientele, kept away from prying eyes behind liberty-style stained-glass windows. Models toy with their salad of artichokes with crab, while everyone else makes a beeline for the cooked whipped cream pudding with chocolate.

Has Ronaldo been in? Ah, yes. Footballers do tend to like this particular restaurant, and it’s probably not just for the veal fillet with truffles. Christian Vieri is part of the furniture, while Kaka, Milan’s fantasista (playmaker) - and occasional face of Armani Jeans - is no stranger to the place either.

Al Girarrosto da Cesarina
Corso Venezia, 31
02 7600 0481

Longstanding, family-run Tuscan restaurant in the city centre that has swung back into vogue in recent years, reviving past glories from its Seventies heyday. The front-of-house serve up superior comfort food, fussing over members of the city’s famaglie bene.

Has Ronaldo been in?: He hasn’t, possibly out of loyalty to Milan’s other Tuscan, the Torre del Mangia. Tod’s founder and Fiorentina president Diego Della Vale, Agnelli heir and Juventus benefactor Lapo Elkann and the Morattis have all been spotted.

Brick Oven
via Marsala, 2
02 901 5281

Pizzeria meets steakhouse at this chic and cheerful spot, with its 40-strong pizza menu and meatier options of Texan-style steak cuts and accompanying sauces.

Has Ronaldo been in?: He most certainly has, joined by team-mates Massimo Ambrosini and Pippo Inzaghi. From the blue-and-black half of the city, hard man defender Marco Materazzi and Massimo Moratti (him again) are frequent visitors.

La Risacca 6
via B Cellini, 11
02 5518 1658

Milan’s best seafood restaurant comes complete with nautical but nice décor and buzzy clientele, made up of well-to-do media types and political animals of various hues, notably one Silvio Berlusconi.

Has Ronaldo been in?: Nope, but Milan’s veteran defender Alessandro ‘Billy’ Costacurta pops in on occasion to rest tired limbs and enjoy some grilled lobster with wife Martina Colombari (she’s an ex-model you know). Berlusconi was recently seen helping himself to a fork-full of pasta from fellow diner Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti’s plate.
Giannino

via Vittor Pisiani, 6
02 6698 6998

Classic Milanese tratt given a recent facelift. Keeps it simple, serving up local flavours prepared by chef Roberto Molinari, under the gaze of Egyptian-born proprietor Joseph Ghiapos.
Has Ronaldo been in?: Not yet but, seeing as the place is part-owned by Milan defender Kakha Kaladze, it’s surely only a matter of time. Rossoneri coach Carlo Ancelotti and Silvio’s right-hand man Adriano Galliani have both recently sat themselves down for some ossobuco.

El Gaucho

via Carlo d’Adda, 11

Richly authentic Argentine steakhouse, just around the corner from the Navigli, with everything a red-blooded carnivore could wish for, vivacious South American staff and live music.

Has Ronaldo been in?: Brazilians don’t think much of this place. Part-owned by Inter captain Javier Zanetti, you can however expect to see at least one of the Nerazzurri’s legion of Argentines in here on any given night (Hernan Crespo, Santiago Solari, Esteban Cambiasso, Julio Cruz, Walter Samuel…laugh.gif 

Churrascaria Berimbau
via Marghera, 43
02 498 7750

Swish, buzzy Brazilian restaurant, famed for its powerful aperitivi, exotic antipasti and mountainous meat platters (carved at your table by chatty Brazilian waiters). Lemon ice cream awaits those still standing.

Has Ronaldo been in?: Oh, you try keeping him away. Brazilians from both sides of the footballing divide regularly congregate here: Ronaldo, Dida, Kaka, Cafu (Milan); Adriano, Maicon, Maxwell, Julio Cesar (Inter).

Torre del Mangia

via Procaccini, 37
02 314 871

Tuscan honey pot now entering its third decade, but still pulling an appreciative crowd of the well-fed and well-heeled, especially come truffle and mushroom seasons, when a table is as prized as an opening-night box at La Scala. Has Ronaldo been in?: Very much so. One of the great man’s favourite restaurants.

For anyone who is interested, or just general tips on where to eat in Milano
acid911
Lol, very good list. I'm particularly intrigued about the lines that say Brazilians don't like to visit the hotel co-owned by Zanetti, and another one part-owned by Kaladze. biggrin.gif

Looks like the list is about places Ronaldo does (or does not) visit. But a handy reference to keep, nonetheless.
MizNelson
QUOTE (watpatriots)
Brick Oven
via Marsala, 2
02 901 5281

Pizzeria meets steakhouse at this chic and cheerful spot, with its 40-strong pizza menu and meatier options of Texan-style steak cuts and accompanying sauces.

You owe me a new keyboard, because I just shorted mine out from drooling on it.

Thanks for the list, though you've made me incredibly hungry. smile.gif All are so darn appetizing, but the one quoted above caught my attention the most. Would anyone be willing to FedEx me a pizza?

QUOTE (watp)
Churrascaria Berimbau
via Marghera, 43
02 498 7750

Ronaldo, Dida, Kaka, Cafu (Milan); Adriano, Maicon, Maxwell, Julio Cesar (Inter).

Talk about a nice dessert course. smile.gif

I know the Brazilians in the past flocked to Picanhas; wonder if they still do so.
Darunia
This is good info, too bad I'm never in Milan sad.gif
Bluesummers
man ronaldo is an animal. Probably doesn't even bother eating homefood ever.
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 8 2008, 11:29 AM)
Man ronaldo is an animal. Probably doesn't even bother eating homefood ever.

Lol, he's a serial eater. From what I've heard, he's rather toned down his eating habits. But still you've got to admit, the man's got class in choosing what food to eat, and which women to date smile.gif
dst
laugh.gif @ "Has Ronaldo been in?"...
Cornuto
LOL.. Doesn't seem like they care about any other players.

They were probably sitting in a restaurant, next to a table with Maldini, Sheva, Donadoni, and Marco van Basten.

He turns to the table and goes

"Hey have you boys seen Ronaldo???????"
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 8 2008, 05:09 PM)
laugh.gif @ "Has Ronaldo been in?"...

From what I gather, this is from a Ronaldo forum/fansite. So emphasis is given to him, so his fans can eat in the same restaurant and maybe if they're lucky meet him.
dst
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 8 2008, 10:48 PM)
From what I gather, this is from a Ronaldo forum/fansite. So emphasis is given to him, so his fans can eat in the same restaurant and maybe if they're lucky meet him.

You think? To me it's quite obvious that they're making fun of him... unsure.gif
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 9 2008, 03:06 AM)
You think? To me it's quite obvious that they're making fun of him...

Lol, two sides of the same coin. But I guess you have a point. The fat jokes never get old. He's gotten fitter, by the hour, and he's still as fat as say, Sheva (give or take). People can't expect him to be as skinny as Pippo now, do they? unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.