Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOURINHO: ITALY OR SPAIN IS NEXT!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2
Bluesummers
Mourinho: Italy Or Spain Next For Me
José Mourinho has revealed that he wants to return to coaching and hopes to take charge of a club in Italy or Spain next season.

The Portuguese trainer is currently out of work after being sacked by Chelsea and the rumour mill has ben in over drive about his next destination.

While Barcelona have moved to cool links to them, Inter and Milan are both strong possibilities while Real Madrid could come into the offing as pressure mounts on Bernd Schuster.

When asked about where he would like to go next, Mourinho told Gazetta dello Sport: "Italy or Spain.

"Afterwards I want to go back to England and finally be national coach of Portugal."

Amid speculation that Mourinho had met with Inter chief Massimo Moratti, he admitted that he was a fan but had never the Nerazzuri president.

"I respect him very much as a person that loves football and his club deeply," he added. "However I have never talked with him."

In what proved to be a concise interview, Mourinho was asked about Milan's exit from the Champions League to Arsenal in midweek and he was to the point.

"I respect Milan and Ancelotti but Arsenal deserved to qualify over the two games," he said.

Goal.com

I wouldn't mind him but i'm content with carlo. Transfers is what we are desperately in need of not a coach. Lippi mourinho or carlo, i'm fine with all three.
kurtsimonw
I think we do need a new coach. Now I'm not saying Carlo is a bad one, but one thing this team clearly lacks is the motivation to try and win every game, they just don't care about certain competitions including Serie A!

Carlo just stands there, with no emotion whatsoever, the team aren't exactly going to get motivated by seeing that. But Mourinho? He kicks every ball with his players, he's jumping around on the sidelines, screaming orders at players. That's what we need. He also isn't scared of dropping players, for the last 18 months Pirlo and Seedorf have been below average in the league, but they have no reason to try and improve as their place in the team is cemented. Not with Jose.
Habitant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 6 2008, 07:09 PM)
I think we do need a new coach. Now I'm not saying Carlo is a bad one, but one thing this team clearly lacks is the motivation to try and win every game, they just don't care about certain competitions including Serie A!

Carlo just stands there, with no emotion whatsoever, the team aren't exactly going to get motivated by seeing that. But Mourinho? He kicks every ball with his players, he's jumping around on the sidelines, screaming orders at players. That's what we need. He also isn't scared of dropping players, for the last 18 months Pirlo and Seedorf have been below average in the league, but they have no reason to try and improve as their place in the team is cemented. Not with Jose.

thats exactly what i was thinking.
I_Rossoneri
We won't get Jose as he wants to conduct his own signings and make a winning team, we'll stick with carlo who's happy with what he gets and doesn't complain!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 6 2008, 01:38 PM)
We won't get Jose as he wants to conduct his own signings and make a winning team, we'll stick with carlo who's happy with what he gets and doesn't complain!

yup pretty much how it is. Galliani is too cheap and won't provide mourinho with the right necessities.
Jack Sparrow
Uhm...can't be merge this thread with the one Porty started or viceversa...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 6 2008, 10:54 PM)
Uhm...can't be merge this thread with the one Porty started or viceversa...

no
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 7 2008, 07:49 PM)
no

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif sorry, that seemed funny to me...
Jack Sparrow
^^

biggrin.gif

I was just asking...more threads=> More hijackin...

Hijackin is my business...business is good.
Bluesummers
lol hijacking? you can't hijack my threads, i got skills taht kills.
Cornuto
We don't need a new coach, we need a new talent scout. Ancelotti is an excellent coach, and there's little he can do when his players do not connect. When he's standing there watching the game emotionless, he's probably in disbelief that a team as good as Milan should be in theory, is decaying from the inside out. The problem with football is, that when a team wins all of their games, the players are rewarded, and when they're losing, the coach takes all of the heat. I mean look at who we're working with now

Oddo
Gilardino
Gourcuff (The next Zidane? Doubt it)
Brocchi (Need I say more?)
Emerson

I've thought about it, and at first I figured there was a lack of motivation, but now I see there's a lack of skill. There are too many mess-ups on the team. If it weren't for his free kicks or long balls, what use would Pirlo have? Why does Gattuso play in the right position, when he's absolutely more suitable for a defensive midfielder. So much needs to be done to patch up this team. I highly doubt Pippo is returning next season.. The only thing we have that isn't too much of an issue is our defense. Our midfield needs a lot of work, as do our strikers.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 8 2008, 06:59 AM)
We don't need a new coach, we need a new talent scout. Ancelotti is an excellent coach, and there's little he can do when his players do not connect. When he's standing there watching the game emotionless, he's probably in disbelief that a team as good as Milan should be in theory, is decaying from the inside out. The problem with football is, that when a team wins all of their games, the players are rewarded, and when they're losing, the coach takes all of the heat. I mean look at who we're working with now

Oddo
Gilardino
Gourcuff (The next Zidane? Doubt it)
Brocchi (Need I say more?)
Emerson

I've thought about it, and at first I figured there was a lack of motivation, but now I see there's a lack of skill. There are too many mess-ups on the team. If it weren't for his free kicks or long balls, what use would Pirlo have? Why does Gattuso play in the right position, when he's absolutely more suitable for a defensive midfielder. So much needs to be done to patch up this team. I highly doubt Pippo is returning next season.. The only thing we have that isn't too much of an issue is our defense. Our midfield needs a lot of work, as do our strikers.

So it's not the managers job to motivate his players then? Should the team play the managers tactics then, or is that someone else's job?

And I seriously cannot believe what you say about Pirlo, Have you seen him at his best????????

Why is it that some managers seem to work miracles with average players then? carlo has never really been a motivational coach, IMO he has a plan and that is that. If that plan doesn't work then we are screwed, we never seem to have a plan B.

As for the payers being poor, perhaps carlo should demand better players?
dst
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 8 2008, 08:59 AM)
There are too many mess-ups on the team. If it weren't for his free kicks or long balls, what use would Pirlo have?

huh.gif

what was that?

unsure.gif
Cornuto
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 8 2008, 06:52 AM)
So it's not the managers job to motivate his players then? Should the team play the managers tactics then, or is that someone else's job?

And I seriously cannot believe what you say about Pirlo, Have you seen him at his best????????

Why is it that some managers seem to work miracles with average players then? carlo has never really been a motivational coach, IMO he has a plan and that is that. If that plan doesn't work then we are screwed, we never seem to have a plan B.

As for the payers being poor, perhaps carlo should demand better players?

There's no motivation need to be done. The players are motivated, but they play awfully. The biggest beef I have with Ancelotti is that he makes odd substitutions.

If it is motivation that they're lacking, then the reason managers work miracles with average players is because average players try harder. Just because you have a team of superstars, doesn't mean they'll play just as hard as that team that's about to get relegated. It seems as if Kaka, Gilardino, and Pato are only going for glory nowadays. Seedorf hasn't been his usual self, either and I don't even know where to begin with Ambrosini. He seems so frustrated most of the time.

I want to see what Ancelotti has in store for next season. That's when I'll make my decision of whether it's him, or the players. As I see it now, it's the players all having a rough season. Then again, I can't ignore the fact that we've been progressively getting worse, within the last five seasons or so.

And regardless of how we see why our team is suffering, I'm sure we both agree that it's rather depressing especially with the talent, and the supporters that they have.
Portman
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 8 2008, 05:55 PM)
There's no motivation need to be done.

You must be joking.
Cornuto
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 8 2008, 02:12 PM)
You must be joking.

You're a part of a team that has 18 trophies in international competitions, 27 in Italy, and have more than 5 European Cups. You recently won the Fifa Club World Cup, and last year you won the UEFA Champion's League. Most of your team won the 2006 World Cup, and you have some of the best players in the world on your side. You have one of the largest fan bases in the WORLD with dedicated fans of all ages. Your team has held some of the greatest legendary football players of all time, and it's your duty to live up to their names, and the teams' legacy. Now I ask you.. What more do you need to motivate you to play your very best, to make ever ball count, and shut down your opponents?
Portman
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 8 2008, 06:46 PM)
You're a part of a team that has 18 trophies in international competitions, 27 in Italy, and have more than 5 European Cups. You recently won the Fifa Club World Cup, and last year you won the UEFA Champion's League. Most of your team won the 2006 World Cup, and you have some of the best players in the world on your side. You have one of the largest fan bases in the WORLD with dedicated fans of all ages. Your team has held some of the greatest legendary football players of all time, and it's your duty to live up to their names, and the teams' legacy. Now I ask you.. What more do you need to motivate you to play your very best, to make ever ball count, and shut down your opponents?

To bad that's not true. There's no motivation in the great majority of our players. Maybe Pato and some others being the exception.

Even the coach is not motivated. And without motivation we can't win anything.
Cornuto
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 8 2008, 02:49 PM)
To bad that's not true. There's no motivation in the great majority of our players. Maybe Pato and some others being the exception.

Even the coach is not motivated. And without motivation we can't win anything.

What's not true about it? Pato has the potential, but you can clearly see he tries too hard to get that winning goal. Sad thing is, players like Kaka and Gilardino have that same problem, despite their experience. The egos are the problem. The bigger of a superstar Kaka becomes, the less he does in a match.
Tennie
While Porty and I disagree about the issue of Mourinho coaching in Milan (He's all for it, while the thought of it makes me want to puke.gif puke.gif puke.gif ), I'm with him on the motivation issue. Motivation is a big problem for Milan and has been for a while. Billy gave an interview in 2005-6 (not sure of exact date) in which he basically said that Carletto'd lost the ability to motivate the players. So...assuming it's true, I can't imagine things have gotten better. A new coach (for me, NOT Mourinho, for Porty definitely Mourinho) might not be a bad idea. I think that if a coaching change happens, it'll be someone in the family.
Cornuto
Maybe you're right.. Since last night I've been rethinking my stances, and we really have been on a downward spiral for the past five years or so. I guess I just didn't want to accept the fact that it may be our coach, as I was always a big fan of Ancelotti. Regardless, I don't like Mourinho, and I'd prefer a new coach to be someone like Lippi, Donadoni, or Trapattoni.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 8 2008, 06:46 PM)

Just because of that doesn't mean that should motivate us, IMO it's quite the opposite in fact wink.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 8 2008, 07:02 PM)
What's not true about it? Pato has the potential, but you can clearly see he tries too hard to get that winning goal. Sad thing is, players like Kaka and Gilardino have that same problem, despite their experience. The egos are the problem. The bigger of a superstar Kaka becomes, the less he does in a match.

It's interesting how you pick kaka and say he does less in a match, yet he is our current top scorer and last season was CL top scorer, and he has been subject to some rough treatment in the Serie A as well. I really don't understand what you expect him to do?
kurtsimonw
How many of Kaka's goals this season in the legaue were not penalties? I think if Dida had have taken all of those penalties and scored them, he'd probably be our top scorer.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 8 2008, 09:12 PM)
How many of Kaka's goals this season in the legaue were not penalties? I think if Dida had have taken all of those penalties and scored them, he'd probably be our top scorer.

Zed.D
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 8 2008, 10:59 PM)
I'd prefer a new coach to be someone like Lippi, Donadoni, or Trapattoni.

ohmy.gif !!!
Zed.D
I really don't want an old-man as Milan's next coach [except for Paul Newman cool.gif]. besides, Trapattoni will be Ireland's coach at the end of the season.

My wish-list: Mourinho / Spalletti / Lippi
Portman
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 8 2008, 10:17 PM)
I really don't want an old-man as Milan's next coach [except for Paul Newman cool.gif]. besides, Trapattoni will be Ireland's coach at the end of the season.
My wish-list: Mourinho / Spalletti / Lippi

Mourinho » Prandelli » Keep Carletto.

In this order.
dst
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 8 2008, 08:46 PM)

Even if you were dating Angelina Jolie (or whoever is your dream girl for that matter) it would still not fascinate you after some point... 3 years? 5? You would get bored eventually... it's just human nature.

I think it's pretty normal for a guy like Seedorf who has won 4 CL titles with 3 different teams to pick games. I'm not blaming him. I think it's the board's fault for not introducing new faces that can create healthy competition inside the team... that's the only way to get the best from a player as successful as him and still it would not work every time...

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 8 2008, 11:12 PM)

So? Kaka's job is not to score goals. He elevates our game a handful of levels up whenever he plays. Even if he stands there, there are always 2 or 3 players on him and that's more than useful...
Cornuto
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 8 2008, 06:24 PM)
Even if you were dating Angelina Jolie (or whoever is your dream girl for that matter) it would still not fascinate you after some point... 3 years? 5? You would get bored eventually... it's just human nature.

I think it's pretty normal for a guy like Seedorf who has won 4 CL titles with 3 different teams to pick games. I'm not blaming him. I think it's the board's fault for not introducing new faces that can create healthy competition inside the team... that's the only way to get the best from a player as successful as him and still it would not work every time...
So? Kaka's job is not to score goals. He elevates our game a handful of levels up whenever he plays. Even if he stands there, there are always 2 or 3 players on him and that's more than useful...

His point was that Kaka was mentioned as our top scorer, despite his sub par performances. And the only reason he is our top scorer, is because of penalties.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 8 2008, 10:31 PM)
His point was that Kaka was mentioned as our top scorer, despite his sub par performances. And the only reason he is our top scorer, is because of penalties.

...Penalties can be missed you know! rolleyes.gif

Just because Ricky doesn't win us every game doesn't mean he's crap, FFS I wonder what people expect of certain players rolleyes.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 8 2008, 10:24 PM)

Someone who can actually see sense cool.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 8 2008, 10:19 PM)

In this order.

How about Spalletti? He's done wonders with Roma.
Portman
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 8 2008, 10:56 PM)
How about Spalletti? He's done wonders with Roma.

He's bald.

Kidding. wink.gif He's OK. But I'd even prefer Carletto over him.
dst
QUOTE (Cornuto @ Mar 9 2008, 12:31 AM)

You're right about that. I was just saying that even if Kaka is considered to be having a bad season (I don't agree with that but...) he still is scoring a lot... even if some are from the spot.

QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 9 2008, 01:00 AM)
He's OK. But I'd even prefer Carletto over him.

ohmy.gif biggrin.gif Why is that?
redbabies
Only 3 known coaches could make it with Milan:
Mourinho, Spalleti and Prandelli.

All of them are pretty young (for a manager of course), they seem to be very motivated and they know how to motivate players.

From these 3, all of them have adv. and dissadv. but the only realistic target for us is Mourinho, since niether Spalleti nor Prandelli will leave their current teams that have built with their own hands.

As for Lippi, I don't want him in Milan. Even though after WC 2006 he has become my hero, I still think he wouldn't succeed in Milan.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 9 2008, 01:49 AM)

In this order.

I'm not convinced about Prandelli yet. but I think Spalletti is a better coach anyway.
Il Capitano
Now that it's official that Mancini will quit Inter, I'm sure Mourinho will take over Inter because Moratti is a fan of him.
agenth
sad.gif We are doomed, then!!!!!
Portman
Feck.
Tennie
Yep, I bet he'll be a likely candidate for the Merda job.
acid911
QUOTE (mchanna @ Mar 12 2008, 03:37 AM)
We are doomed, then!!!!!

Good, lord. If he isn't planning to coach us, I'd prefer him staying out of Italy. I can't imagine, if he settles with Either Inter/Juve or even Roma, then we can say goodbye to the Scudetto for quite a while. Rain, rain, go to Spain. And then to England/Portugal after that. sad.gif
dst
I don't care if he goes to Inter. He would have to change the whole team to do something good with those losers... but I fear of the day I will hear he becomes the next coach of Juventus!
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Mar 11 2008, 10:28 PM)
Now that it's official that Mancini will quit Inter, I'm sure Mourinho will take over Inter because Moratti is a fan of him.

according to the C4 site it isn't official yet:

Roberto Mancini has sensationally announced he is leaving Inter at the end of this season after their Champions League exit.

The Coach kept the news to himself during the interviews with Italian and foreign television stations, but at the start of his Press Conference with the Italian newspapers made the shock announcement.

“I think that these will be my last two and a half months on the Inter bench. After four years and even if I have another four years left on my contract, I will leave Inter. I have already told the players.”

However, when interviewed moments later, Julio Cruz and Esteban Cambiasso said that the Coach had not said anything of the sort in the locker room.

Mancini was asked if the Champions League elimination to Liverpool had played a part in this incredible decision.

“No, tonight’s defeat has nothing to do with it.”

To add to the layers of mystery, he then refused to confirm what he had said when he walked back out past the television cameras, insisting he would only talk about the game.

Channel 4
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely frikking comical if you ask me laugh.gif top of the league, having got the last two scudetto's(they never won them wink.gif ) and now he acts like some spoilt child laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Perhaps they couldn't afford CL refs? ohmy.gif wink.gif
I_Rossoneri
TBH I'd rather Jose to go to Juve or Roma rather than the merde smile.gif

I hope the merde get another clueless coach smile.gif
Portman
Honestly. I... don't know.
I'm sad. And dissapointed with our club and everything around it.

We're f* and we all know well we are if Mourinho becomes their coach.
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 12 2008, 01:10 AM)
Perhaps they couldn't afford CL refs? ohmy.gif  wink.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 12 2008, 01:13 AM)
TBH I'd rather Jose to go to Juve or Roma rather than the merde smile.gif

I hope the merde get another clueless coach smile.gif

If Mourinho could not win the CL with Chelsea he will not do it with Inter. As for the scudetto... well, Inter already have a big advantage. He will have to change their mentality to do much better with them and that's the toughest job he's had up to date...
I_Rossoneri
Jose to the merde is my biggest nightmare ohmy.gif
Tennie
I'd rather worry about who may be coaching Milan next year rather than who the Merda might bring in.smile.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 11 2008, 11:20 PM)
laugh.gif
If Mourinho could not win the CL with Chelsea he will not do it with Inter. As for the scudetto... well, Inter already have a big advantage. He will have to change their mentality to do much better with them and that's the toughest job he's had up to date...

He did it with Porto.

Porto > Chelsea > Inter. FACT. wink.gif

Changing mentalities? That's exactly why Moratti want Mourinho and no other coach.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 12 2008, 01:31 AM)
Porto > Chelsea > Inter. FACT.  wink.gif

Changing mentalities? That's exactly why Moratti want Mourinho and no other coach.

You can't compare the situation... Porto are not among the elite... they cannot spend the money Chelsea and Inter do. With Chelsea he failed... with this Inter I don't think he can do better...

It doesn't mean he's the right man for that job though... the sexiest woman alive (whoever you think that is) is not necessarily the best in bed too... wink.gif It will really be hard to change the mentality of such losers as Vieira, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Zanetti...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.