Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaka rings the changes
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
whoarethepatriots
Kaka rings the changes

A desperately disappointed Kaka admits Milan must make changes at the end of this season to revitalise the squad.

“At the end of the season many players reach the end of their contracts and the club will decide what signings to make,” he commented.

The European and World Player of the Year saw his dreams of a second consecutive Champions League collapse with a 2-0 home defeat to Arsenal.

“Tomorrow and the day after will be the most difficult. The Champions League was our objective and now that is gone we must focus on at least trying to achieve fourth place.

“This team has done a great deal over the past few years for its fans and players. Unfortunately this season it went this way.”

Carlo Ancelotti fielded a trident attack, but in 180 minutes they failed to score, even with Pippo Inzaghi and Alexandre Pato spearheading the front line.

“Arsenal played very well in both legs and we lost against a team that played better than we did. When I got the ball and tried to run forward on the counter, myself, Pippo and Pato weren’t sharp enough to do anything better.

“It is an unfortunate setback, but these defeats help you to mature.”

With Milan’s exit there are two Italian sides left in the competition, but both face extremely difficult second legs.

“I think Roma have a good chance of qualifying. They’ll struggle against Real Madrid, but won the home leg and are playing excellent football right now,” said Kaka.

“Inter have less possibility of going through, as we have faced Liverpool twice and they are a very tough team to beat.”

Source
Darunia
I totally agree with Kaka. The team needs a revolution in the offseason and Kaka deserves the supporting players he needs.
jbryant1
Probably just taken out of context for certain questions asked to him.

We're going to be listening to this kind of banter for sometime. The problem is we have listened to similar stories and have been led to believe we might get some big acquisitions everyone under the sun. Pato was a great addition. If only the media could be anything but garbage to get paid.

I say clear the bench and get some young guns. I rather see us pointing to the future than to be in the Antarctic on a sinking ship, comparing ourselves to 2 seasons ago and how we won mediocre trophies.
littlechris
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 5 2008, 12:39 AM)

Sacking ancellotti? i'm not in support of that. he has the true milan and italian spirit. if we bring in other expert or mourinho he may help us win trophies. but the tradition of milan will be astake. we just need to sign young players in all department of the field.
Losing to arsenal is hard to accept even up till now it still look like a dream to me but i think that is the right result we deserve now, cos that we pave for changes. the old and tired legs has to retire or go elsewhere. DIDA, KALAC, CAFU, MALDINI, BROCHII, EMERSON AND INZAGHI, they all have to leave milan. Gilardino has spent three consecutive seasons with us without any impact are we still expecting any thing from him? he has to go also.
Let welcome the like of DANI ALVES, LAHM, BARZAGLI, DIEGO, BENZEMA AND DROGBA. Alves should reaplace Oddo, he has ware out maybe is not even his fault signing wing back at 30 is bad that is why i'm not even in support of signing zambrotta again. Dani Alves will fit in in the right back position, lahm will replace Maldini in left back since Jankulovski always struggle with injuries. Barzagli we be a good back up for Nesta or even replace Kaladze at 30 we should not expect any thing better from him again. Diego will be a good back up for Kaka and a long time replacement for seedorf, if Diego is in the midfield of Milan, the midfield we look more fresh with a lot of aggility, pace, skills and creativity unlike the one we saw against Arsenal. no one to support Kaka and no one to understand Pato. building an attack on Kaka, Pato and Benzima will be great and unstopable. if possible Drogba should be included and we should recover Oliviera cos that will give the team more depth and options in attack since Inzaghi and Gilardino should leave.
But there is a big question we should ask ourselve, is Milan ready to spend and get rid of these old soldiers and unworthy milan players?.
redbabies
The problem is money, not the new signings.

Silvio, Galliani, and Carlo (if he'll still be there) will know very well who we need to buy, but our management also doesn't want to spend and that makes it difficult to buy classy players.
jefri91
QUOTE (littlechris @ Mar 5 2008, 06:21 PM)
Sacking ancellotti? i'm not in support of that. he has the true milan and italian spirit. if we bring in other expert or mourinho he may help us win trophies. but the tradition of milan will be astake. we just need to sign young players in all department of the field. 
Losing to arsenal is hard to accept even up till now it still look like a dream to me but i think that is the right result we deserve now, cos that we pave for changes. the old and tired legs has to retire or go elsewhere. DIDA, KALAC, CAFU, MALDINI, BROCHII, EMERSON AND INZAGHI, they all have to leave milan. Gilardino has spent three consecutive seasons with us without any impact are we still expecting any thing from him? he has to go also.
Let welcome the like of DANI ALVES, LAHM, BARZAGLI, DIEGO, BENZEMA AND DROGBA. Alves should reaplace Oddo, he has ware out maybe is not even his fault signing wing back at 30 is bad that is why i'm not even in support of signing zambrotta again. Dani Alves will fit in in the right back position, lahm will replace Maldini in left back since Jankulovski always struggle with injuries. Barzagli we be a good back up for Nesta or even replace Kaladze at 30 we should not expect any thing better from him again. Diego will be a good back up for Kaka and a long time replacement for seedorf, if Diego is in the midfield of Milan, the midfield we look more fresh with a lot of aggility, pace, skills and creativity unlike the one we saw against Arsenal. no one to support Kaka and no one to understand Pato. building an attack on Kaka, Pato and Benzima will be great and unstopable. if possible Drogba should be included and we should recover Oliviera cos that will give the team more depth and options in attack since Inzaghi and Gilardino should leave.
But there is a big question we should ask ourselve, is Milan ready to spend and get rid of these old soldiers and unworthy milan players?.

Those 2 should stay
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 5 2008, 01:55 AM)
I totally agree with Kaka.  The team needs a revolution in the offseason and Kaka deserves the supporting players he needs.

Unfortunately it seems the management haven't got the same ambition as Ricky has. If things don't change then I can see our star players leaving as no players(unless they're mercenaries 96.gif ) want to play for an ambitionless club.
gal_kenny
Does it ever occur to the you guys..Does the management come to this site to see what we write..Imagine, Diego, Benzema, oliveira, and lot more as mentioned added to the club..Just unstoppable..Can't the management see this..management(i mean Galliani and co).. and get rid of unuseful players..Just like they got rid of Oliveira at that point in time..Oliveira is even better that Gilardino..It should have gone the opposite way.. Our squad ain't got no depth..We need help..big time!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.