AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
misha
Parma vs AC Milan

Serie A 2007/08 - Week 23

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stadio Tardini

Time : 17.00 (UK); 18:00 (IT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Milan hope to continue their remarkable comeback for a top four finish by taking on a Parma side in crisis.

The Ducali must do without January signing Cristiano Lucarelli, who limped off with a thigh problem during their disappointing 1-1 draw at Cagliari, as well as the suspended Bernardo Corradi and Francesco Parravicini. This means Igor Budan will be looking for his first goal of the season in only his fourth appearance.

Andrea Gasbarroni and Ferdinand Coly are also injury doubts for a Parma outfit without a win in six. They have dropped down to 17th place and Coach Domenico Di Carlo realises he has few chances left to keep hold of his job.

Yet beating Milan is a tall order indeed, as Carlo Ancelotti’s men have won six of their last seven games and have the strongest away record in Serie A with seven victories, a draw and just three defeats. Their record at the Tardini is also good, undefeated since 2003 with a draw and three straight wins.

It is always an emotional experience for Alberto Gilardino to face his former club, especially at a time when he is forced to reconsider his place in the Milan hierarchy. Alexandre Pato and Alberto Paloschi represent the new generation, while Ronaldo, Kaka and Pippo Inzaghi are still generally preferred to the misfiring Italian.

Pato and Ronaldo are currently struggling with injury, though Kaka should be back in the squad after a knee problem. Some squad rotation is required due to Wednesday’s rescheduled encounter with Livorno, put back from December because of the Club World Cup commitments, not to mention the upcoming Champions League clash with Arsenal. Another former Parma star, Daniele Bonera, should get a starting berth as well. It is crunch time for Ancelotti and he’ll need all his players on top of their game.

Keep an eye on: Alberto Gilardino (Milan) – The former Tardini hero returns to his old stomping ground prepared to make a point. History favours him, as this season all seven Serie A goals were scored away from home.

Last season: Parma 0-2 Milan

Form guide: Parma (L L D L D) Milan (L W W W W)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma (probable): Bucci; Coly, Falcone, Couto, Castellini; Dessena, Morrone, Cigarini, Pisanu; Reginaldo, Budan

Milan (probable): Kalac; Cafu, Bonera, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Gourcuff, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Gilardino, Inzaghi

Last game before the clash with Arsenal. The win is important, but we must rest our key players.
bigmacmtl
it's all about resting our key players as mishale said.
Jack Sparrow
We tried the resting...

Gila will play for sure. Emerson also I guess, to be paired with Ambro. Pirlo must be rested...then again we need to win this match badly (thanks to our previous draw); and Parma will never be as weak as they are now. They're one of the few teams with striking woes as bad as ours.

I'd still rest Pirlo and try this...

Cafu---Nesta----Bonera----Janku/Sergio
-------Brocchi-------Emerson---------
---------Kuffkuff--------------------
------------Seedorf------------------
-----------Palo-------Inzaghi/Gila--------

I'd give Kuffkuff...what he seems to like...a free roaming..mid role...I'm starting to think he's maybe better off playing like Lampard and Gerrard..without a fixed job description.

I f@ckin hate having to do this to Clarence. But I'd take him off for Pirlo sometime in the second half. And Yoann can play trequartista.

Gila and Inzaghi are swappable of course. Too close to the big game to give Dida a run-in...

Kaladze would be on the bench to come on for our fullback. And for the strict wellness of Pana's mental health.
Darunia
I'd go with

Kalac
Cafu-Bonera-Simic/Maldini-Jankulovski
Brocchi-Emerson-Gourcuff
Seedorf
Paloschi-Gilardino

I'd give Janku, Seedorf a rest in the 2nd half, prob bring Kaka on to give him some playing time. Inzaghi for Paloschi/Gilardino too.
m1ke
I think Gourcuff is more suited to a slightly deeper role. Playing him on the left side of the 3 would be perfect.
jefri91
when is pato coming back...
han2503
Anybody know if we might have Kaka or Nesta back?

I knew that we would lose points on one of these last 3 games before the Arsenal tie, I just hoped that it wouldn't be in the Livorno game, if we would have gotten all 3 points in that game it would have been easier to rest players in this game and go for the draw, but if we lose this game now we'll fall behind Fiorentina again
Tennie
We should have both Kaka and Nesta available; in the 'today's training' on acmilan.com's italian page, the only players listed as doing separate work are Seedorf and Pato.

FYI Nesta is 'diffidati', meaning he's one yellow away from a suspension.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 14 2008, 06:20 PM)
We should have both Kaka and Nesta available; in the 'today's training' on acmilan.com's italian page, the only players listed as doing separate work are Seedorf and Pato.

FYI Nesta is 'diffidati', meaning he's one yellow away from a suspension.

That means Pato will not make Parma match?
Darunia
I don't think Pato will make the Parma game, only Arsenal

Looks like Kaka might start in place of Seedorf.
Tennie
Here's Controcampo's probable formation:

Probabile formazione (4-3-1-2): Kalac; Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà; Inzaghi, Gilardino.
KillerMax
That line up looks more like a horror show... RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES MILAN FANS!!!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 14 2008, 09:00 PM)
That line up looks more like a horror show... RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES MILAN FANS!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Brilliant!
Tennie
Hsm. Well, here's goal.com (italian version)'s probable formation:

Kalac
Oddo Bonera Kaladze Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini
Gourcuff
Inzaghi Gilardino
sansiro1708
gila pippo on front lol well thats imposible..
pirlo oddo ambro . dont think so should be rested maybe kaladze too
rino seedorf play a half
kaka maybe 30min sub seedorf
we should do good if we follow the rules smile.gif
dst
Oh! This game it tomorrow... biggrin.gif
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's italian page)
Here are the call ups.

PORTIERI: Dida, Fiori, Kalac;
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho;
CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo;
ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Paloschi.
dst
Paloschi... he has a big chance to shine till the end of the season now that Ronie's injured.
Darunia
Carlo said Milan will play with a 4-4-2 if Kaka doesn't start. I'm guessing Serginho and Brocchi on the wings, although I hope Gourcuff gets a start.
Portman
I think we'll play the xmas tree or the 4-5-1 (4-4-1-1) with Gilardino upfront.
Nova
Live streams here
Nova
Btw , anyone knows a fast & easy site to upload goals & highlights ? (besides Yousendit.com) Thx !
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Porty @ Feb 15 2008, 08:19 PM)
I think we'll play the xmas tree or the 4-5-1 (4-4-1-1) with Gilardino upfront.

Gazzetta reckons Pippo will be lone striker! ohmy.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 16 2008, 11:03 PM)
Btw , anyone knows a fast & easy site to upload goals & highlights ? (besides Yousendit.com) Thx !

www.fileflyer.com?
Nova
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 16 2008, 01:46 PM)
www.fileflyer.com?

I just tested it and its kinda slow with uploads. I just remembered using Mediafire and it works pretty good ! king.gif
weeeow
2 and a half hours to go.... devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 16 2008, 12:02 PM)
Live streams here

Thanks for the links Nova king.gif king.gif
jefri91
were going to lose
Ry4n
0 -1 win dont think they will score as 2 of there best strikers arent playing , we need this win !
Tennie
MILAN: Kalac;
Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski;
Gattuso, Emerson, Ambrosini, Serginho;
Kakà;
Inzaghi

I really hope Pirlo's just being rested.
Nova
milanfan.com/downloads/vids/test_sky_italia.rar

test ! how about the quality guys ?
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 16 2008, 07:43 PM)
MILAN: Kalac;
Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski;
Gattuso, Emerson, Ambrosini, Serginho;
Kakà;
Inzaghi

I really hope Pirlo's just being rested.

It's weird a little bit... hopefully Kaka won't injure himself...
arivanjj
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 17 2008, 03:14 AM)
milanfan.com/downloads/vids/test_sky_italia.rar

test ! how about the quality guys ?

its nice mate smile.gif
jefri91
lol wheres dida, hes been missing for a while
Nova
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 16 2008, 05:22 PM)
its nice mate smile.gif

devilsmiley.gif king.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Feb 16 2008, 04:22 PM)
lol wheres dida, hes been missing for a while

Dida hasnt been missing, he has just been replaced by a more stable GK
Nova
www.milanfan.com/downloads/vids/test_2.rar

Test 2 , live from Parma - milan !
Ry4n
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 16 2008, 04:53 PM)
www.milanfan.com/downloads/vids/test_2.rar

Test 2  , live from Parma - milan !

Hey man are you recording the whole match ? smile.gif
Nova
For those who cant watch the game , I'll be uploading the goals & highlights after the game. (if my connection doesnt die on me)

game about to start ! Forza Milan !!
Ry4n
i thought Lucarelli was injured ???
Nova
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Feb 16 2008, 05:58 PM)
Hey man are you recording the whole match ?  smile.gif

That would take me 4 days to upload the match biggrin.gif NO its just the goals & highlights. smile.gif
Nova
Grande nesta !
Nova
oeh parma on the counter ! blocked my kaladze , i think smile.gif corner parma ...
Ry4n
QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 16 2008, 04:59 PM)
That would take me 4 days to upload the match biggrin.gif NO its just the goals & highlights.  smile.gif

oh ok cool ill try it one day smile.gif
Nova
Bad shot by Inzaghi ...
Nova
Grande Nesta again wink.gif
Nova
Corner Milan !
weeeow
scousepool just lost to barnsley cool.gif
han2503
Looks like Nesta has got his mojo back devilsmiley.gif

And why did Carlo start with Pippo? He should have rested him for the @rse match
Tennie
Phew. Shot of Pirlo on bench w/ Bonera and Gila. He's being rested and isn't hurt.

(Thankfully Fox Sports en Espanol is showing it live instead of Fox Soccer Channel, so I'm not subjected to the horrible English commentary unless I watch the replay.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.