Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ronaldo and his severed tendon
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
jbryant1
Official - Ronaldo tendon severed
Wednesday 13 February, 2008

Milan have now confirmed Ronaldo has completely severed the tendon in his left knee, effectively ending his career.

The striker collapsed as he jumped to reach a cross during tonight’s 1-1 draw with Livorno and immediately the situation seemed to be serious.

His teammates waved for medical staff and called for a substitution as he was stretchered off the field in tears.

Ronaldo was rushed to a local hospital to undergo tests and initial reports suggesting he had completely severed the tendon were confirmed on the official Rossoneri website.

Ronnie has already suffered this type of injury twice before in 1998 and 2000, but that was in his right knee.

As there was talk of a possible retirement at the end of this season, if the diagnosis is confirmed then it is likely Ronaldo’s career is over.

An injury of this type requires a player to be out of action for between nine months and a year.
jbryant1
This article has been mentioned elsewhere but I felt it was newsworthy. One of the greatest players I have ever seen is probably finished. But he'll probably end up in Brazil or the MLS. In LA it will be Beckham and Ronaldo back on the same bench again injured. A million people will come to watch him and not to get to see him play.

Personally I wanted him to come but by the last summer I was not counting on Ronaldo making things happen through this year even though I was optimistic. He has been injured each season for as long as I can remember.

Hopefully Milan will wake up because at the moment we are in a dire situation up top. I like Paloschi and Pato but throw Gilardino to the wolves. We had chances in the January transfer window but I think Milan's arrogance with we don't need anyone has come back to haunt them. The reality is best in the world, they aren't even the best in their own city.
bigmacmtl
it's already in the ronaldo thread.
Warchant
sad way to go out
Zed.D
QUOTE (Warchant @ Feb 14 2008, 07:11 AM)
sad way to go out

First Zidane and now Ronaldo. they both deserved a happier ending. sleep.gif
redbabies
His Milan career is over! cry.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 14 2008, 08:27 AM)

Maldini should of retired after the champions league final or cwc final
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 14 2008, 03:27 AM)

it's his own faul it ended like that, besides he already won everything prior.
Zed.D
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Feb 19 2008, 12:31 AM)

No, he's God. his fate is in his own hands. wink.gif

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Feb 19 2008, 12:33 AM)
it's his own faul it ended like that, besides he already won everything prior.

Zidane? yes... but he deserved a better ending nonetheless!
dst
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Feb 18 2008, 11:01 PM)

Says who?
kurtsimonw
Nah, winning it is something, but I feel you should always try and defend your trophy. If you do manage to defend it, that's when you retire!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.