Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ferrari en route to Milan?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
whoarethepatriots
Reports in the peninsula suggest that Roma defender Matteo Ferrari will sign a deal with Milan at the end of the season.

The 28-year-old stopper hasn’t regularly commanded a place in Luciano Spalletti’s side this term and is considering his options with his contract set to expire in June.

A story in Rome’s Il Tempo newspaper this morning states that Ferrari’s agent has been in early discussions with the Rossoneri over a possible free transfer switch.

It is believed that the Giallorossi have tabled an extension offer worth around £1m a year, but Milan are expected to blow that sum out of the water.

There are suggestions that the world champions would be willing to pay Ferrari £1.6m annually and provide the security of a four-year deal.

Ferrari has 11 Azzurri caps and has made 62 appearances for Roma since moving to the Eternal City in 2004, despite a loan spell at Everton.

Source: C4 Football Italia

I for one, am completely against this move. If he arrived he would maybe only be better than Simic. We should look for Barzagli if we are gonna buy a defender

But we know how Milan like their free transfers, so this is a possibility
Tennie
It's a free transfer so..maybe it might happen. I don't see him starting, though.

That said, he's in no way the 'world class' defender any of us are hoping/expecting to be at Milan next year.
m1ke
This is a text book Milan transfer in my opinion. I'd welcome the move, but wouldn't expect him to start.

I can see him arriving, and Simic leaving. We'd still need to find our replacement for Paolo though unsure.gif
Portman
He's 28 and he's shite. But a big possibility to be in our squad in 2008/09. dry.gif

Galliani love this transfers.
KillerMax
Think about it this way. Simic is leaving at the end of the season and we need a replacement. Ferrari is free, Italian, free agent and is as good if not better than Simic.

It's the perfect transfer for our 4th-5th CB position.

Nesta -> World class defender -> Kaladze( dry.gif ) -> Bonera -> Ferrari
Jack Sparrow
Faaaaackin hell...for a second I saw the post topic...and was thinking we'd dumped Audi.

Cr@p! Talk of major buzz kill. This one takes the cake.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 12 2008, 10:59 AM)
Faaaaackin hell...for a second I saw the post topic...and was thinking we'd dumped Audi.

Cr@p! Talk of major buzz kill. This one takes the cake.

Put down the rum and make some sense!
Jack Sparrow
How'd u guess? Bacardi Limon actually.

Naah...I was kinda reading up on the D & G deal and how they'd been made gold sponsors. And Audi is already a service provider for Milan.

And then when I saw the forum topic say Ferrari to Milan. Few neurons misfired and I got the impression..we'd signed a deal with Ferrari the car company. You know replacing Audi?? unsure.gif

Of course on hindsight...Ferrari don't have the money or the need to advertise with Milan, and even if the did, they'd go with Juve.

Well we can dream can't we Pana?
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 12 2008, 11:17 AM)
How'd u guess? Bacardi Limon actually.
Naah...I was kinda reading up on the D & G deal and how they'd been made gold sponsors. And Audi is already a service provider for Milan.

And then when I saw the forum topic say Ferrari to Milan. Few neurons misfired and I got the impression..we'd signed a deal with Ferrari the car company. You know replacing Audi?? unsure.gif

Of course on hindsight...Ferrari don't have the money or the need to advertise with Milan, and even if the did, they'd go with Juve.

Well we can dream can't we Pana?

Wow... Is this like... the result of doing too many math problems? Your brain sees a 'problem' and immediately shoots out multiple random solutions?

Anyway, how cool it would be to actually have Audi's logo on the shirt?
Jack Sparrow
Nice guess again...I'm usually up in the night doing Pana's homework. And his teachers think he's some kind of genius.

As for Audi on the jersey...well it's much better than it reading Toyota... laugh.gif

I don't like bwin on the jersey...it's too unimpressive..and looks too commerical...very unclassy.

But the Audi symbol is kinda narrow too. The Opel symbol would occupy the whole front and looked major cool.

Maybe we could put in a giant Lamborghini emblem in front instead?

If I'm not wrong...the shirt sponsors are the blokes who pay the most right?
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 12 2008, 11:30 AM)
If I'm not wrong...the shirt sponsors are the blokes who pay the most right?

Yeah, that's how I know it.

I wouldn't mind any of these logos on Milan's shirt: Mercedes(This one would never happen), OPEL or Audi.
aLbErTo
Opel for sure...as good italian club we could have fiat, but that would just be to funny smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
Fiat implies Agnelli family implies Juve.

As such being Milan we could have had Alfa Romeo too, but then they're owned by Fiat..so that goes for a toss.
aLbErTo
yeah thought about alfa romeo, but changed my mind as fiat is their owner tongue.gif but OPEL was nice and would be nice again if so... smile.gif
Tennie
cry.gif I miss the Zafira jersey.
dst
I don't get this deal... that's cause I can't see Simic leaving... he did not leave in January when it was the best time for him so why would he do it in the summer? Maybe Kaladze? It's good to dream...

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 12 2008, 07:23 PM)

That would be nice!

Anything in place of Bwin would be nice in fact!

Now imagine this on the rossoneri shirts!

Yeah, I know that's FIAT too.
Jack Sparrow
You think LaPalma can pull a few strings and get us Porsche or Audi?

Time he started earning his keep. biggrin.gif
aLbErTo
nahh...just OPEL was nice...

this one is in my top 3 shirts of milan...
redbabies
I never wanted him!
Zed.D
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 12 2008, 08:53 PM)

That'd be great!! I LOVE Audi's logo. it's class!
misha
Ferrari's Milan Move Almost Done

Roma defender Matteo Ferrari is very close to agreeing to a deal to join AC Milan at the end of the season, according to reports in Italy.

Ferrari’s contract in the Eternal City runs out in the summer and negotiations to extend his deal have broken down. 

Milan and Juventus have been fighting it out to sign the player on a Bosman transfer, and according to the Gazzetta dello Sport it is the Rossoneri who have won this race. 

The European Champions have secured a verbal agreement with Ferrari, and details of the transfer which will go through at the end of the season, could become official by the middle of this week. 

Ferrari is said to have agreed a four-year contract worth approximately €2.5m a season, an improvement of €1m on his current annual salary in Rome. 

The 28-year-old signed for Roma from Parma in 2004, and was at the time regarded as a future regular in the Italy national team. 

However this has never materialised and indeed Ferrari is currently not even first-choice at his club, as Philippe Mexes and Juan are Coach Luciano Spalletti’s preferred centre-back pairing. 

Ferrari played in Saturday night’s 1-0 defeat to Juventus in Turin, and could keep his place for tomorrow’s Champions League clash with Real Madrid. 
sansiro1708
i dont mind if he goes on a free transfer ... he can do some good in the future. not the best but not bad
kurtsimonw
Not a bad player by any means. But I really hope this isn't the managements idea of a Maldini replacement..
Jack Sparrow
A simic replacement I think.
dst
Yes cause Ferrari is so unbelievably better than Simic... this is lame. I hope Kaladze goes instead but it's not going to happen.

They better be preparing to spend big for Maldini's replacement as well!!! mad.gif Or else the wrath of God will fall down upon them!!
Jack Sparrow
I'd rather we take some new defender from the youth squad under our wing..and train him to be good. Like what Baresi did to Maldini.

It's how u build continuity. This buy players in their prime thing, is a vicious circle. You're eventually gonna be dependent on a superlative performance every time.

Like Liverpool, can you even imagine, what's gonna happen to them if they don't make that 4th spot?? They're f@cked!!! That's nearly 140 mill up in smoke...

While if Arsenal don't make it, they lose maybe like...40?? Not including the stadium tickets.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 12 2008, 09:19 PM)
I don't get this deal... that's cause I can't see Simic leaving... he did not leave in January when it was the best time for him so why would he do it in the summer? Maybe Kaladze? It's good to dream...

Yeah, I know that's FIAT too.

Kaladze leaving? Hmh, too good to be true. But honestly, there's no sense for this deal. Why do we need Ferrari? He's worse then Simic. Okay, better then Bonera and Kaladze.

Hmh, but then again, maybe he turns to be surprise and we maintainy the turning-Inter-players-into-class-players policy?

Alfa Romeo or Motta - those two would look great on Milan's shirt. The old Alfa Romeo font in particular..
LaPalma
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 13 2008, 06:55 AM)
You think LaPalma can pull a few strings and get us Porsche or Audi?

Time he started earning his keep. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif Luckily enough for you I know some people working at the Audi management (round some courners so it doesn't matter really) tongue.gif

I'd rather we take some new defender from the youth squad under our wing..and train him to be good. Like what Baresi did to Maldini.

It's how u build continuity. This buy players in their prime thing, is a vicious circle. You're eventually gonna be dependent on a superlative performance every time.

Like Liverpool, can you even imagine, what's gonna happen to them if they don't make that 4th spot?? They're f@cked!!! That's nearly 140 mill up in smoke...

While if Arsenal don't make it, they lose maybe like...40?? Not including the stadium tickets.

It's only 80 mill that the Scousers spent on new players if you have in mind they also sold some (like Sissoko in Jan, Bellamy...) while they Gooners cashed in about 20 mill I think. But yeah...true thought.
Portman
Simic > Ferrari.

Anyway... this is so f typical:

-Freebie
-Old
-An ex-Inter
-Shite player

Plus... he was one of their worst defenders on the "6-0 derby" some years ago. rolleyes.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Feb 19 2008, 12:13 PM)
Simic > Ferrari.

Anyway... this is so f typical:

-Freebie
-Old
-An ex-Inter
-Shite player

Plus... he was one of their worst defenders on the "6-0 derby" some years ago. rolleyes.gif

dont worry, because fester and company have their eyes set on him it makes him amazing. rolleyes.gif
aLbErTo
he's not better than bonera in my opinion...bonera just lacks matches,he can't preform a superb game on the side, he's a central defender...
Portman
Calcio/roma: Bronzetti, Ferrari Non Va Al Milan e Mancini Resta Al 99%
Gio 21 Feb, 04:51 PM

(ASCA) - Roma, 21 feb - ''Ferrari non andra' mai al Milan e Mancini, al 99%, firmera' il rinnovo''. Lo ha detto ai micorofoni di Rete Sport, Ernesto Bronzetti, uomo-mercato del Milan e mediatore di affari tra Spagna e Italia. ''Galliani - apiegato Parlando di Ferrari - non fara' mai uno sgarbo alla Sensi, neanche in questo caso che il giocatore si svincola a parametro zero. Di Mancini invece ho parlato di recente con Veloz e al 99%, per non dire 100%, resta a Roma e firmera' il rinnovo''.

www.asca.it

Bronzetti, the italian football agent with links with Milan, said today that Ferrari won't join Milan in the future.

I f hope he's damn right. From Roma defense... I'd only take Mexes.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Porty @ Feb 23 2008, 10:10 PM)
Bronzetti, the italian football agent with links with Milan, said today that Ferrari won't join Milan in the future.

I f hope he's damn right. From Roma defense... I'd only take Mexes.

Panucci, Panucci, he's indestructable!!
KingKaka
ferrari u are the best i swear i hope ur in our first team i beliveing ur talent u are my god
Tennie
Hey, Panucci played for Milan in the 94 CL final v Barca (the famous 4-0 game). Granted, he did so mostly cos Baresi & Billy were suspended, but nevertheless....

I hope Bronzetti's right on this one. Ferrari isn't /bad/, but there are better CBs out there.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 24 2008, 12:02 AM)
Panucci, Panucci, he's indestructable!!

Panucci is great, but gets ripped apart too easily by pacey players (Ronaldo and Robben were the big culprits)
Tennie
I didn't see Roma-MU this year. Interesting that Ronaldo gives him so much trouble and yet Massimo Oddo seems to have his number. If only Oddo's crosses were more accurate this year....
dst
Are we really talking about Panucci? He's 34 years old and will be 35 next season... in my view, we don't need a CB or a LB to replace Maldini. For the simple reason that it's not Maldini the player we will miss but Maldini the captain, the leader, the God... we need a new leader and that I think Kaka can be.

We're not going to splash big money on a defender this summer I believe. In my view, we should bring Darmian on, buy Zambrotta and Castellini and sell Favalli.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 26 2008, 12:35 AM)
Are we really talking about Panucci? He's 34 years old and will be 35 next season... in my view, we don't need a CB or a LB to replace Maldini. For the simple reason that it's not Maldini the player we will miss but Maldini the captain, the leader, the God... we need a new leader and that I think Kaka can be.

We're not going to splash big money on a defender this summer I believe. In my view, we should bring Darmian on, buy Zambrotta and Castellini and sell Favalli.

Panucci would be great, he's a true Milanista by heart - resistant of the ageing process. But yes, a bit too old. Sell Favalli? You mean release,..who would want to buy that player? Only maybe in some second class transfer swap. But yes, you're totally right. And don't forget about Lino, we should either bring him on or sell him..
Jack Sparrow
Sell Favalli?? Whatever for??

Keep him by all means. Senior player, been there done that. Keeps his mouth shut. And by all accounts from the management, very very astute at reading games etc. Future coach material if anything.

Also seemed to score more than our strikers at one stage last season.

He's also retiring soon. Don't see why we should split ends for 1 million euros maximum.

No Ferrari is cool. Coz that means Dario is staying.
dst
That's right, yes. There is no reason to sell Favalli, nay, Favalli should be kept!
Zed.D
Favallinho all the way!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.