Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paloschi
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
KillerMax

Talk about the youngster super star here.

Will he become the next big thing for Italy?
KillerMax
I think players like him always do.

Pato - Paloschi for now and the future!
dst
I'm not convinced.

Then again, he does have a perfect record and he is the first player from the Primavera to participate in a (true) competitive game in recent years... smile.gif

So... I hope I'm terrible wrong cause I'd love to see a player from our youth system become great! king.gif
Tennie
What's impressed me about his performances (today and in the 2 Coppa games) more than his goalscoring - which for an 18 year old against some seasoned Serie A defenders is impressive enough - is his composure on the ball. He was fighting for balls, moving well, linking up with the other players, and generally working very very hard out there. He has a confidence that you don't often see in 18 year olds.

It's a little hard to say after 3 games, but at this point I think the kid really has potential to do well.
Zed.D
Alberto Paloschi

If I were him, I'd adopt myself the nickname "Apachi"! [the new version of Apache tongue.gif].
Jack Sparrow
Will he be the next big thing for Italy, Max??

Italy can wait...I want him to be the big thing for Milan...

But speaking as one who's yet to see Milan play this season (ohmy.gif ), what kind of player is he?

Poacher? Target Man? Finisher?
Zed.D
Our official website going gaga over Paloschi:

THE PROMISED ONE

On his Serie A debut, 18 seconds after coming on Alberto Paloschi decided the match against Siena with an extraordinary goal. For the 18-year-old it was the third goal in three official games with the Milan shirt.

(ON THE PICTURE: ALBERTO PALOSCHI'S JOY AFTER SCORING IN MILAN-SIENA 1-0)

MILAN - Alberto Paloschi, remember this name. It was the 18-year-old who gave Milan a crucial victory in the difficult match against Siena, he did it on the day of his Serie A debut, and he did it about 18 seconds after coming on with his first touch of the ball. Everything points to him being a predestined player.

It should have been the day of the odd couple Inzaghi-Ronaldo, and instead it was the 18-year-old from Chiari who contradicted all expectations. He did it with a disarming coldness which is typical of experienced strikers. 18 seconds after coming on, 'Palo' couldn't even experience the emotion of making his debut at San Siro, that he was already celebrating a goal after beating Manninger with a powerful shot on an incisive pass by Seedorf, thereby allowing Milan to open the score in a deadlocked match.

For Alberto Paloschi, who turned 18 on 4 January, it was the third goal in three official matches with the Milan shirt.

Remember Alberto Paloschi's name also considering Carlo Ancelotti's policy when it comes to young players. biggrin.gif The Milan coach is known to allow young players chances only when he thinks they have the DNA of a world class player, such as the likes of Pato and Kaká. To call the player from his engagements with Filippo Galli's Primavera youth team at the Viareggio tournament was a courageous choice and indicates Ancelotti thinks he is ready for the big jump, ready to play alongside Ronaldo, Inzaghi, or Gilardino, or to control passes from the likes of Seedorf and Kaká.
Jack Sparrow
Hmmm...also seems to contain a very subtle explanation as to the Gourcuff situation.

I still can't believe Yoann could turn out so bad...I guess he's a good player who can't fit into the system. And is not exceptional enough to warrant a change in system.
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 10 2008, 04:47 PM)
What's impressed me about his performances (today and in the 2 Coppa games) more than his goalscoring - which for an 18 year old against some seasoned Serie A defenders is impressive enough - is his composure on the ball. He was fighting for balls, moving well, linking up with the other players, and generally working very very hard out there. He has a confidence that you don't often see in 18 year olds.

It's a little hard to say after 3 games, but at this point I think the kid really has potential to do well.

Just what I thought.

I like the kid.

So he's nick is Palo? Pato-Palo. laugh.gif I don't like.
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 10 2008, 07:49 PM)
Our official website going gaga over Paloschi:

THE PROMISED ONE

On his Serie A debut, 18 seconds after coming on Alberto Paloschi decided the match against Siena with an extraordinary goal. For the 18-year-old it was the third goal in three official games with the Milan shirt.

(ON THE PICTURE: ALBERTO PALOSCHI'S JOY AFTER SCORING IN MILAN-SIENA 1-0)

MILAN - Alberto Paloschi, remember this name. It was the 18-year-old who gave Milan a crucial victory in the difficult match against Siena, he did it on the day of his Serie A debut, and he did it about 18 seconds after coming on with his first touch of the ball. Everything points to him being a predestined player.

It should have been the day of the odd couple Inzaghi-Ronaldo, and instead it was the 18-year-old from Chiari who contradicted all expectations. He did it with a disarming coldness which is typical of experienced strikers. 18 seconds after coming on, 'Palo' couldn't even experience the emotion of making his debut at San Siro, that he was already celebrating a goal after beating Manninger with a powerful shot on an incisive pass by Seedorf, thereby allowing Milan to open the score in a deadlocked match.

For Alberto Paloschi, who turned 18 on 4 January, it was the third goal in three official matches with the Milan shirt.

Remember Alberto Paloschi's name also considering Carlo Ancelotti's policy when it comes to young players. biggrin.gif The Milan coach is known to allow young players chances only when he thinks they have the DNA of a world class player, such as the likes of Pato and Kaká. To call the player from his engagements with Filippo Galli's Primavera youth team at the Viareggio tournament was a courageous choice and indicates Ancelotti thinks he is ready for the big jump, ready to play alongside Ronaldo, Inzaghi, or Gilardino, or to control passes from the likes of Seedorf and Kaká.

Our new messiah...

The kid is very promising, but let's not exaggerate.
Fillipo Simone
dry.gif papalapap and dada,..young players with 20 or so must adapt to every system. He's not ready, yet. Carlo hopefully know's what he's making. Today he would have fielded Gourcuff, but again nothing of him. So there must be something,..

Anyway, Paloschi had a good match. He'll score us a couple of goals this season, I'm pretty sure. But,..does that mean no Drogba, no new striker?
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 10 2008, 07:57 PM)
Hmmm...also seems to contain a very subtle explanation as to the Gourcuff situation.

Yep, I guess this is it... sleep.gif
Tennie
I took a little time to look at the Primavera pages on acmilan.com. Young Alberto is having a pretty good season. Here's his scoring tally to date (I hope. I don't THINK I miscounted):
Primavera League: 7 goals
Primavera Coppa: 4 goals
Torneo di Viareggio: 2 goals
Coppa Italia: 2 goals
Serie A: 1 goal
Darunia
What impresses me most, like others have said, is Paloschi's composure. He looks like he has the potential to be a great finisher and he seems to have a natural knack for the goal.
dst
MILAN – Chicco Evani, coach of the Rossoneri’s Allievi Nazionali knows well Alberto Paloschi. With the baby phenomenon, Evani became Italian champion in the past season. The master described this way his former pupil:

“Watching Alberto score at San Siro with the shirt of the first team was for me a reason of great pride. In the 2 years with him, I tried to transmit to him my experiences and my knowledge. This is a lad with an extraordinary great work culture and huge capacity of learning. Alberto is a lad who has fun, he’s just waiting for the moment to play. The most important characteristic that will help him to become a fundamental player for the first team is his humbleness and that of his family. Alberto has the luck of being able to count on parents who have their feet to the ground and in the youth football this is fundamental.”

From the technical point of view, Paloschi is a modern attacker who knows how to play upfront on his own. He’s also very generous, makes a lot of movement and spends a lot of energy on the pitch. Thanks to this characteristic at times he does not arrive too fresh in the penalty area, but with this mentality, with this sense of the team, he will go a long way. In the first years he wasn’t a great goal scorer, but now in front of goal he became deadly. He owes this to the work and the great commitment. Alberto is not born a natural talent like Di Gennaro, Alberto is a player who knew how to build himself season after season. He has improved a lot and will continue to do so. I’m really proud of him. Siena’s goal? Incredible coolness and explosiveness, but even in the past season towards the end of the league against Genoa he scored a similar goal. You will see, he will be able to reconfirm himself.”
Tennie
Wow. They translated that one quickly and mostly accurately! (it's from acmilan.com).

Nice words from Evani. He's clearly proud of the kid.

Might we finally be seeing a kid from the Primavera joining the first team?
Zed.D
Alberto is not born a natural talent like Di Gennaro, Alberto is a player who knew how to build himself season after season. He has improved a lot and will continue to do so.

If Di Gennaro's so talented, why he's out on loan at a Serie B team [Bologna]?!
Tennie
Because Di Gennaro is a trequartista and, well, Milan already have a bunch of those. (eg, he'd slot into a Seedorf or a Kaka role, possibly a Pirlo role though I believe he generally plays further up the pitch than Pirlo does). And Bologna are currently on top of Serie B. It's a good place for Di Gennaro to learn; he's also got the highest average player rating on the team (6.38).
m1ke
Tennie, you're Milanfan's answer to John Motson wink.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (m1ke @ Feb 12 2008, 11:29 AM)
Tennie, you're Milanfan's answer to John Motson wink.gif

unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif Is this a good thing?
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 12 2008, 02:38 PM)
Because Di Gennaro is a trequartista and, well, Milan already have a bunch of those. (eg, he'd slot into a Seedorf or a Kaka role, possibly a Pirlo role though I believe he generally plays further up the pitch than Pirlo does). And Bologna are currently on top of Serie B. It's a good place for Di Gennaro to learn; he's also got the highest average player rating on the team (6.38).

We've Seedorf, Kaka' and Kuu-Kuuf for that role.

But I do hope we have Di Gennaro in our squad soon. Kuu-Kuuf can play in Seedorf's position in the diamond, and Di Gennaro to rest Kaka' time to time.

He's still 19. And he's talented.
Tennie
(I still want to know if the Motson comparison is a good thing!)

Poor Paloschi. The Italian sports media won't leave him alone. Gazzetta interviewed his mother (print edition; don't see it in the online edition). Mom's a housewife and Dad works in an aluminum factory.

Alberto has a little brother named Filippo. Apparently when his mother was pregnant with the younger brother, little Alberto put his ear to her tummy and stated, 'If it's a boy, let's call him Filippo. Like Inzaghi'.

Young Alberto is a good student and is doing the scientific high school in Italy (rather than the traditional classical one). He gets 8s in math (which I guess is good?).

He's also said - according to mom - that if he isn't successful as a footballer, he'd like to be a physiotherapist.
KillerMax
Looks like everybody wants this kid to "keep his feet on the ground"... That's just others trying to keep him down. He needs a role model like Shevchenko, not Inzaghi and his coach or parents(from what's I've gathered). Inzaghi is a legend, but he believes in luck too much. I remember that Sheva always encouraged youngsters to believe in themselves and their ability. Oddo, Gattuso and Ambrosini should be all doctors or lawyers if they took Inzaghi-parenty kind of advice.
Jack Sparrow
I dunno. You cannot have a record like Pippo's believing in luck and not in yourself. Let's not forget that Pippo's skills hardly measure up to Sheva's. Yet he is not what you can call a far lesser goal scorer by any means.

I can't wait honestly for Pippo vs. Gallas.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 12 2008, 01:28 PM)
I dunno. You cannot have a record like Pippo's believing in luck and not in yourself. Let's not forget that Pippo's skills hardly measure up to Sheva's. Yet he is not what you can call a far lesser goal scorer by any means.

I can't wait honestly for Pippo vs. Gallas.

He does believe in himself, because he thinks he is just born a football champion (pretty much what he said in a recent interview). That's were his conviction comes from and that amplifies his ability. But to keep telling a 18 year old to keep his feet on the ground and not take any risks and give him second and third paths in life 'just in case' is not helpful at all.
Tennie
I don't think that's what the articles are aiming to show, Max. Maybe I'm not translating the Italian well, but my impression is that they're trying to present an image of Paloschi as a down-to-earth, kid-next-door type instead of a spoiled primadonna.
Bluesummers
i'm very happy for him but he won't be a starter this season. Lets keep our attention focused on gila and pato.
amancik
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 13 2008, 04:02 AM)
i'm very happy for him but he won't be a starter this season.  Lets keep our attention focused on gila and pato.

perhaps next season we'll have him and pato side-by-side ....
nmcg
id luv to see pato and Paloschi playing of kuu-kuff
nuh
i think people should leave this kid a lone i even read this newspaper say that he is better than pato ohmy.gif just cuz he scored a winner vs siena
wacko.gif sooo they should i think shut up and let him play his football in peace
Ry4n
i shouldve got his Autograph in Dubai shame on me !! sad.gif
dst
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Feb 15 2008, 01:08 PM)
i shouldve got his Autograph in Dubai shame on me !! sad.gif

ha-ha! you should have known better... I hope you'll still want to meet him in 10 years!! devil.gif
misha
He's one of the few good things to take from this season dry.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 15 2008, 03:52 PM)
ha-ha! you should have known better... I hope you'll still want to meet him in 10 years!! devil.gif

Oh i will , im keeping my fingers crossed for winter tour in Dubai again Derby del Derby VS inter
Bluesummers
go school kid number 2 ! Lets see what you got!!
Tennie
This has been, in general, a pretty lousy season for Milan.

One of the few bright spots this year has been the surprising emergence of Alberto Paloschi. He's come out of nowhere, relatively speaking, and has had an impact every time he's stepped onto the pitch. Clearly he's still got room to grow as a player both techically and physically (and an Italian friend of mine who has seen him play live says that he still looks like a kid even compared to Pato, who's only a few months older), but I am very, very encouraged.

We all expected (okay, some of us hoped) to see great things from one teenager -- and Pato has definitely not disappointed. I doubt any of us expected to see great things from a second. Finally, a primavera player seems to be making the move directly into the first team.

Forza Paloschi! 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif
Bluesummers
forza the school kid! I'm very happy and i'm excited about his growth. He reminds me of inzaghi with more technical skill. Him and pato will lead milan to victory biggrin.gif

FORZA SCHOOL-KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack Sparrow
^^^

I think they're school dropouts(No Palo..still goes). Too bad dad my dad wouldn't let me quit school. I coulda been someone important... realmad.gif

tongue.gif

I also think it's very vital, that primavera keep showing up. The current balooning of prices for players, is sooner or later going to have an adverse impact. A primavera player is much cheaper, and an excellent option. Not to mention, more kids come this way.

Now if we could only see some promising people walk in from the mid-field and the defence.
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's english language page)

MILANELLO – These are the declarations of Alberto Paloschi during the program ‘Milanello oggi’ which was on ‘Milan Channel’ at 1pm:

"These is a bit of disappointment for not managing to win the three points last night against Sampdoria. For how things went, a draw would have gone well, but unfortunately we did not manage.

“One of my characteristics is that of believing until the end, believing on every ball until the ball goes out or else the goalkeeper catches it.

“I arrived at Milan when I was eight years old. It was a surprise for me because a call-up letter arrived at my club by the Rossoneri’s club together with Atalanta. I did not expect it and in the end I chose Milan because it would have given me more possibility to play.

“Personally I consider the Primavera as my team. With the young Rossoneri’s formation we started out with the objective of taking something back home, but unfortunately the Coppa Italia and the Torneo di Viareggio did not go well. Now we hope in the Italian league.

“Last night between the first and second half, Pippo Inzaghi suggested to me to play between the two central defenders. His suggestions are always correct and very precious for me.

“Amongst my goals, the one I remember with most affection is the first one in Serie A against Siena. It’s the one that when I re-watch it, it gives me the most emotions. Then scoring at San Siro is surely a great emotion which I will never forget. This year I did not expect to many games with the first team, also because at the start of the season I also found difficulty with the Primavera formation. Then I made an effort, I worked a lot and little by little the first satisfactions arrived.

“Against Lazio I also played on the wing. It’s a role in which I find myself well and which I had already experimented with the Under 17. For the good of the team, one must adapt himself in any role.”

During the program, Gianluca Temelin, Cremonese attacker and very respected by Alberto, called in.

“For me Temelin is like Pippo Inzaghi. He’s a player who manages to always score as soon as the ball goes to him inside the penalty area and he’s always ready. This is one of the most important things for us attackers.”
Zed.D
Sell Gila, promote Palo cool.gif
Nova
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 20 2008, 11:47 PM)

post of the year ! short & powerfull king.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 20 2008, 04:47 PM)

king.gif forza zd
Jack Sparrow
Pippo's decided to become Obi Wan Kenobi....good man...
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 20 2008, 07:01 PM)
post of the year ! short & powerfull  king.gif

doesn't take much to amuse some.

then again i'm not surprise.
Tennie
Yesterday, Paloschi got the 'Niccolo Galli Memorial Award', given in memory of Giovanni Galli's son. Here's what he said at the awards ceremony in Florence:

'I remember my first game in Serie A this year, when I went in and scored against Siena. I remember having slept very little and thinking of that moment. I'm happy that Milan has reached Champions League qualification, the most positive thing about this peirod is that now our fate is in our hands and it depends on us and we as a team know what to do the last two games. The strength and the difference between us and our adversaries is the team: Inzaghi is a phenomoneon and remains a symbol in the rossoneri jersey. He was great winning the derby and reaching fourth place. Fiorentina has done a lot up til now and they won't give up until the season's over. I think we have paid in fatigue for the many games we've played. My future is definitely at Milan, I don't care if I don't play much; I'd be able to learn from the champions who are in the team.'

Forza Paloschi 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 6 2008, 01:58 PM)
Yesterday, Paloschi got the 'Niccolo Galli Memorial Award', given in memory of Giovanni Galli's son. Here's what he said at the awards ceremony in Florence:

'I remember my first game in Serie A this year, when I went in and scored against Siena. I remember having slept very little and thinking of that moment. I'm happy that Milan has reached Champions League qualification, the most positive thing about this peirod is that now our fate is in our hands and it depends on us and we as a team know what to do the last two games. The strength and the difference between us and our adversaries is the team: Inzaghi is a phenomoneon and remains a symbol in the rossoneri jersey. He was great winning the derby and reaching fourth place. Fiorentina has done a lot up til now and they won't give up until the season's over. I think we have paid in fatigue for the many games we've played. My future is definitely at Milan, I don't care if I don't play much; I'd be able to learn from the champions who are in the team.'
Forza Paloschi  96.gif  96.gif  96.gif

That sounds like a true Milanista's words 96.gif
acid911
The kid speaks the truth - the fate is in our hands, and it's up to keep or lose our fourth position. I just hope the team remembers this and gives their all in the final two matches, as they've given in the last few.

I'd hate another draw or slip up in this dying stage of the league. sleepysmiley03.gif
Rossoneri7
I hope he matures into a Pippo like player. Pippo cant play forever smile.gif
amancik
I wonder how many goals he has scored this season?
he scored twice against Catania if I'm not mistaken, and once against Siena. Is there more?
kurtsimonw
I think he scored another, which I recall was against Sampdoria. I could be wrong about the team, but I'm certain he scored another goal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.