Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
arivanjj
all discussion here! smile.gif
arivanjj
Australia leading 3 - 0 at half-time against Qatar smile.gif
arivanjj
jefri91
Younis Mahmoud inured in first five minutes of the game. hope its not serious cuz we need him.
arivanjj
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Feb 6 2008, 11:55 PM)
Younis Mahmoud inured in first five minutes of the game. hope its not serious cuz we need him.

sad.gif yes indeed!
jefri91
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 6 2008, 01:03 PM)
sad.gif yes indeed!

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAALL MOHAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED !!!!@
jefri91
ALLAAAAAAAAH AKBAAAAAAAAAAR !!!!
jefri91
OMG I WANT JASSIM IN MILAN NOW !!!!
jefri91
no way that was red card, ref is a dumb *****
arivanjj
Iraq 1 - 1 China.... disappointing result sad.gif
jefri91
New coach new tactic but bad start. Iraq is playing very good. Hope they can score a tie before the break we need this win badly.
Fillipo Simone
So, beside Japan and South Korea, who are the favorites? I've heard Iraq has a good team (made some good results on the Asian Cup, didn't they?)

Who's in charge for Japan now?
jefri91
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 26 2008, 04:04 PM)
So, beside Japan and South Korea, who are the favorites? I've heard Iraq has a good team (made some good results on the Asian Cup, didn't they?)
Who's in charge for Japan now?

favorites are the usual countries you mentioned and saudi arabia. but they lost 3-0 against uzbekistan today. this shows that saudi depends too much on qahtani to do everything.
I really want to see iraq in the world cup, theyve been playing amazing each match but theyve got a few bad luck on them.
Japan i have no idea about them i stopped watching most asian games
jefri91
stupid ***** chinese/japanese ref.
***** obvious hes cheating
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 26 2008, 05:58 PM)
stupid ***** chinese/japanese ref.
***** obvious hes cheating

OOOoo. ohmy.gif ..be carefull with the f-word..

Thanks for the info. I hope we'll see the usual asian suspects plus some new fresh teams. Any Asian player ready for Milan. Btw. had Milan ever any Asian in their team?
jefri91
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 26 2008, 05:12 PM)
OOOoo. ohmy.gif ..be carefull with the f-word..

Thanks for the info. I hope we'll see the usual asian suspects plus some new fresh teams. Any Asian player ready for Milan. Btw. had Milan ever any Asian in their team?

Qahtani and Younis are pretty good forwards in Asia but theres also other good players like Nashat Akram who fits English play very well.
jefri91
Also Noor Sabri is a pretty good young GK
Bluesummers
i hope canada qualifies biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 31 2008, 05:53 AM)
i hope canada qualifies biggrin.gif

Is Canada any good? The only players I know are Radzinski and Jazic. But they're old,..
kurtsimonw
Paul Stalteri and Iain Hume are both Canadian, the only ones I know of in England. I'd have thought Stalteri would certainly be in the first team, dunno about Hume though since he plays for Leicester.

I think it's difficult for many teams to qualify from that region since I believe they only get 3 spaces. Mexico/USA are almost certain to make it.
Fillipo Simone
^ Stalteri, exactly! I know him of the Andi Herzog day's of Werder Bremen. One more player I've remembered is ex-Hannover midfielder Julian De Guzman, probably Canada's best player. Yay for us, we've managed to name 5 Canadian players! biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 31 2008, 05:16 PM)
^ Stalteri, exactly! I know him of the Andi Herzog day's of Werder Bremen. One more player I've remembered is ex-Hannover midfielder Julian De Guzman, probably Canada's best player. Yay for us, we've managed to name 5 Canadian players! biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Tennie
Well done, namers of Canadian players!

In honor of your achievement, the fish doll offers you cookies in the shape of elk. 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 31 2008, 05:16 PM)

edgar is a decent U20 CB/LB. he scored on his debut newcastle against the "mighty reds" smile.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 31 2008, 10:56 AM)
Is Canada any good? The only players I know are Radzinski and Jazic. But they're old,..

they have the potential to keep up with the likes of USA but they always fail biggrin.gif at the gold cup last summer played really well aaginst them in the smie finals and eventually lost although the refs hardly helped mad.gif explain to me how this isnt a red card... http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8Kt7eNSwYA and canada scored a perfectly good equalizer in 2nd half injury time which was disallowed
Tennie
Didn't Canada just beat Mexico in...ack, some competition or another? The U21s perhaps?
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 6 2008, 10:19 AM)
all discussion here! smile.gif

Damn. I thought it was an English member who opened the thread. wink.gif
Habitant
laugh.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Porty @ Mar 31 2008, 02:46 PM)
Damn. I thought it was an English member who opened the thread.  wink.gif

ohmy.gif owned
arivanjj
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 1 2008, 06:46 AM)
Damn. I thought it was an English member who opened the thread.  wink.gif

laugh.gif

Aus 1 - 0 Iraq sleep.gif ... so many chances for Iraq, should've won comfortably
jefri91
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 1 2008, 09:15 AM)
laugh.gif
Aus 1 - 0 Iraq sleep.gif ... so many chances for Iraq, should've won comfortably

sad.gif
Bluesummers
go canada! You bettta qualify or 1000 laps/pushups/situps/burpees/ladder steps/lines/knee juggles/foot juggles/ head juggles/shots/crosses/passes/toe ball touches.
Tennie
Iraq defeated China 2-1 and are on their way to qualifying for 2010.

The fish doll gives Ari a cookie. Well done to Iraq! 96.gif
dst
Isn't Iraq suspended from International competition? unsure.gif
Tennie
The suspension has been lifted. smile.gif
morgoth
Paraguay 2:0 Brazil laugh.gif

Santa Cruz scored the first goal, wouldn't that be sweet if they didn't make it to the WC? smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Paraguay went down to 10 men at 1-0 as well. Congrats Paraguay. cool.gif
Tennie
Gosh. That's two games they've lost in a short period to teams that...shouldn't beat them. Sorry I missed that one.
Habitant
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 15 2008, 09:07 PM)

Santa Cruz scored the first goal, wouldn't that be sweet if they didn't make it to the WC? smile.gif

cant say i'd be disappointed. i'd probably have a laugh or two then move on.

I think they've become a victim of their own success, and think teams will just roll over and accept defeat just cuz they wear the yellow and green. missing the world cup would certainly bring them back to earth i remember before the last world cup my neighbor wife (who's Brazilian) said that back home they were already selling jersey with he 6th star rolleyes.gif

it would also be sweet if italy won it again and tied them smile.gif for a while now they've been considered the greatest and most successful football nation.
kurtsimonw
Brazil won't miss the World Cup. Brazil will NEVER miss a World Cup in my opinion.
dst
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 16 2008, 12:07 AM)

They will qualify. I think they've never failed to qualify for the WC. And they had many more problems back in that beginning of the decade. I want them to be there. I dislike the football they play (too many fanfares for my taste) but there are some players I like and also the best player in the world, Kaka! smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
Pato will proberly make WC2010 squad too... wink.gif cool.gif
TriniKing_CE
Mike, try to find a neat duck for the clickable smilies!
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 16 2008, 02:53 AM)
I want them to be there. I dislike the football they play

You dislike... Samba football? huh.gif

I admit Brazil has played awful football under Dunga so far, but when they play the football they are famous for, no other team in the world comes close to the Selecao imo. cool.gif I hope they throw Dunga out for the 2010 WC.
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 15 2008, 04:03 AM)
Isn't Iraq suspended from International competition? unsure.gif

that was just Fifa being bored rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jun 16 2008, 10:55 AM)
You dislike... Samba football?  huh.gif

I admit Brazil has played awful football under Dunga so far, but when they play the football they are famous for, no other team in the world comes close to the Selecao imo.  cool.gif I hope they throw Dunga out for the 2010 WC.

More than you think. I'm disgusted by their exhibitionism, ostentation and inefficacy. Robinho is the perfect example of how you can make football look cheap...

The best football I've ever seen on international level is by Argentina. Their game is all about expedience, that's what I like, even if they don't win. In my opinion, simple football is the hardest football to play. But I never supported them either.

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 16 2008, 12:56 PM)
that was just Fifa being bored rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif The rules are strict about not governmental interference with athletics...
Jack Sparrow
^^

Just ask Kuwait about it. sad.gif

I kinda liked Total Football myself. It was the only time I ever liked Cryuff . This was before my time, but I still saw videos.
morgoth
I too think Brazil will never miss the WC considering the part of world they live in! But I think their football have changed, most people think about the 70's Brazil when they talk about Brazilian football, the thing is this football is becoming a legend, I've personally never seen a convincing Brazilian side, even in 1994 their football wasn't that spectacular. Actually I think we'll ever see total football again (never understood why people say that Cruijff invented it, while the Brazilians played it before him!) considering nowadays financial aspect of the game!

QUOTE (Habitant @ Jun 16 2008, 12:17 AM)
it would also be sweet if italy won it again and tied them  smile.gif  for a while now they've been considered the greatest and most successful football nation.

Honestly I think Italy is going to struggle at least for the next 12 years, after this generation there's no real Italian talent ...
dst
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 16 2008, 06:20 PM)
I've personally never seen a convincing Brazilian side, even in 1994 their football wasn't that spectacular.

Even in 1994? I think you don't remember well... that was the most defensive Brazilian team ever.

(never understood why people say that Cruijff invented it, while the Brazilians played it before him!)

When was that? I've seen old games of many legendary teams. I've never seen football played as Total-y as by that Dutch team!

Honestly I think Italy is going to struggle at least for the next 12 years, after this generation there's no real Italian talent ...

I'm not so sure about that.
morgoth
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 16 2008, 04:42 PM)
Even in 1994? I think you don't remember well... that was the most defensive Brazilian team ever.

No, they had a balanced team not particularly defensive, remmeber the game against the Dutch, but for a Brazilian team yes it was catenaccio laugh.gif
I think Dunga's Brazil is 2 times more defensive though!

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 16 2008, 04:42 PM)
When was that? I've seen old games of many legendary teams. I've never seen football played as Total-y as by that Dutch team!

What about the 70's Brazil, for me they're the definition of total football, they were playing with 2 defenders (+ maybe a DM) and the rest of the players were all offensive!
I think what makes Cruijff's team spectacular is the pace of the passes and the execution plus the 3 attackers, I don't think football's world used to see that ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.