Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Primavera / Youth Teams Games
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
dst
All talk about the young sections of Milan games here!
Diavolo
They are doing well in the Viareggio tournament. Have qualified as first from the group. Tommorow the quarter finals.
Darunia
MILAN - It will be Vicenza the next opponent of Filippo Galli's lads at the Viareggio tournament.. The Veneti qualified after beating Sparta Prague (4-0) and Pergocrema (3-2), and losing against Anderlecht (6-0). The clash between Milan and Vicenza will be played tomorrow at Agliana (Pistoia), at 3pm.

Hmm how do u lose to Anderlect 6-0? huh.gif

Oh well, GL to them in the quarters devilsmiley.gif
Jack Sparrow
Because probably only 10% of the squad for Andelecht make it to the senior team. The rest are sold... tongue.gif
Tennie
Here's the lineup for today's Torneo di Viareggio game against Vicenza:

Offredi;
Bruscagin, Darmian, Romagnoli, Ruggeri;
Caraglia, Gianola, Malacarne;
Rampinini, P. Aubameyang, Umunegbu
Il Capitano
MILAN - VICENZA [rigori - 0-0 t.r.] 3 - 4

Looks like they lost.
Tennie
A derby replay is going on right now between the two primavera teams (as part of the Primavera Coppa). The first leg was 1-1. It's now 2-2 in the 70th. Milan's goalscorers were Willy & Paloschi. Balotelli is NOT playing for the Merda primavera.

EDIT: Bah. The baby Merda scored in the 84th. And their keeper saved an extra time penalty taken by Paloschi. The Merda win.
Fillipo Simone
One question to ask,..where is Georgy Weah Junior?? Is he still considered a respectable talent and can we expect him to play for Milan? I failed to find any info regarding this matter,.. huh.gif
Tennie
I've got no idea about Weah jr. He doesn't appear on any Primavera rosters and I don't think he's loaned out.

Here's an interesting snippet from acmilan.com's english page:

MILAN - The Primavera game between Milan and Fiorentina ended just before 1.30pm at Bresso. The Rossoneri with the defensive central duo Digao-Darmian and with the excellent Albertazzi on the left, the Rossoneri maanged to win thanks to a great goal by Paloschi, scored in the 18th minute of the first half.

Yay that we won, but...Digao playing with the Primavera?
Diavolo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 24 2008, 06:54 PM)
I've got no idea about Weah jr. He doesn't appear on any Primavera rosters and I don't think he's loaned out.

Here's an interesting snippet from acmilan.com's english page:

MILAN - The Primavera game between Milan and Fiorentina ended just before 1.30pm at Bresso. The Rossoneri with the defensive central duo Digao-Darmian and with the excellent Albertazzi on the left, the Rossoneri maanged to win thanks to a great goal by Paloschi, scored in the 18th minute of the first half.

Yay that we won, but...Digao playing with the Primavera?

He can play for Primavera. In Italy primavera is considered a second team of the club, so if you give a first team player to play with a second team you can do that. Inzaghi when coming back from injury (2 years ago) played two games with Primavera (scoring also 2 goals). I am wondering why they don't send Gourcuff and Å imić to play with them - atleast they would be playing tongue.gif .

Apart from joking - I am realy looking forward to the future of Darmian and especialy Albertazzi (he is Italian U-17 captain) and the youngest one in Primavera (in fact he should be playing for Berretti considering his age -16) - he is a huge talent.

Oh and about Weah jr. - He isn't at Milan anymore, I think he went to France.
Tennie
When acmilan.com mentions the Primavera games, they frequently make a point of saying how well Albertazzi plays. Sounds like we made a good deal on this one. What position does he play, Diavolo?
Diavolo
He is a powerful defender. Often he plays on left side. I really expect a lot from im in the future.
Tennie
Thanks! I was thinking he was a defender but wasn't sure whether he played in the centre or one of the wings.
Diavolo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 28 2008, 12:09 AM)
Thanks! I was thinking he was a defender but wasn't sure whether he played in the centre or one of the wings.

He is a Maldini type, so I think he can play also in the centre.
Jack Sparrow
^^^

Better run...coz Pana's comin for you.
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's italian page)

Tra i venti azzurrini convocati dal tecnico federale Francesco Rocca che parteciperanno allo stage che l’Under 19 sosterrà a Roma, presso il Centro Sportivo La Borghesiana, dal 2 al 5 marzo, ci sono i tre milanisti Bruscagin, Darmian e Paloschi: due difensori e un attaccante.

[Of the 20 azzurrini called up by coach Francesco Rocca for the U19 game in Rome, there are 3 milanisti: Bruscagin, Darmian, and Paloschi: two defenders and a striker.]

3 call ups is good!
kurtsimonw
Congrats to the trio on their call-up!
dst
I hope we can start a new Era next season... smile.gif
acid911
Good to see Paloschi up there. Also congrats to the other two lads. Hope they get a chance to shine! king.gif
Tennie
Before I forget....

I saw a few minutes of the Primavera game v. Albinoleffe this past Saturday on television before going to the stadium for the Toro-Milan game. I think it ended in a 2-2 draw. I was rather impressed with Pierre Aubemeyang in attack and Darmian in defense.
Tennie
Today was the return leg of the Primavera derby.

As with the previous derby (which ended 0-0), there wasn't much to separate the two teams: the game ended 2-2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.