Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple Referees Discussion
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
dst
Collina supports second ref
Tuesday 5 February, 2008

Pierluigi Collina has backed with UEFA President Michel Platini’s proposal of multiple referees, but Cagliari’s Massimo Cellino doesn’t agree.

Referee designator Collina is in charge of restoring the nation’s faith in the officiating after the Calciopoli scandal, but recent events haven’t helped him.

There have been numerous controversial decisions over the last few weeks and increasingly vocal calls for the system to change.

“I like Platini’s idea of two referees,” Collina revealed. “With two refs we can get a clearer idea of what’s going on, especially with the debatable episodes that happen around the box.”

However, the suggestion is likely to meet with some cynicism in Italy and Cagliari President Massimo Cellino was the first to raise his voice in protest.

“We can’t put two, three or 10 referees out there – it’s as if we were sending out two goalkeepers,” he maintained.

“But I don’t think that six months is long enough to assess the work of our referee designator.

“Collina inherited a disastrous situation – there are still good refs and lots of new men, but many of the good old officials have quit.

“In my opinion the generation switch hasn’t happened yet and it can’t happen in six months, but it’ll get there.”

channel4

What do you think?

It'd certainly require more money to bribe them all! tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
Nah.

Having two clueless idiots is worse than having just one. Keep it as it is, maybe with goal-line technology added in, and it's fine.
Portman
More tech in the sport, less cuntos around.
Tennie
QUOTE (Porty @ Feb 5 2008, 02:31 PM)
More tech in the sport, less cuntos around.

What, you want Barcelona replaced by PES players? wink.gif

(sorry, couldn't resist)
Jack Sparrow
With Porty you can't say. Cvntos might even be appreciation. Like how the Oz people say -'You're a clever b@stard!'
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 6 2008, 04:16 AM)
With Porty you can't say. Cvntos might even be appreciation. Like how the Oz people say -'You're a clever b@stard!'

laugh.gif laugh.gif
jefri91
I have seen enough hand balls in the past week. bring in 100 refs if u have too..
Ry4n
i think it should be left to the Players and Clubs
Ry4n
DP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.