Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 16/1/2008 - Coppa Italia - Catania vs Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
aLbErTo
CATANIA-MILAN: AYROLDI WILL REF
1/14/2008

MILAN - It will be Nicola Ayroldi of Molfetta to direct the Coppa Italia second leg game Catania-Milan (first leg 2-1 for Catania), scheduled for Wednesday night. These are the other designations: Juventus-Empoli: Gervasoni; Fiorentina-Ascoli: Lops; Sampdoria-Cagliari: Velotto; Roma-Torino: Dondarini; Palermo-Udinese: Russo; Inter-Reggina: Salati; Napoli-Lazio: Mazzoleni.

catania must fall on wednesday...!!!
Jack Sparrow
It's coppa italia...more yoann, paloschi and willy please.

Forzaaa brocchi!!!
dst
Come on Yoann! Do your best, we believe in you, take your chances!!! devil.gif

Jack... I've given up on you... take your ol' bum n' hang out of here...

Go Paloschiiiiiiiii!!!!! devil.gif
han2503
Carlo should just send out another second rate team for this one.

We have enough of a tough schedule as it is. And we're never serious about his one, we shouldn't waste time on it if we are not going to be serious about it. Better to get out now then going further into the competition and getting players more tired
Tennie
I'd like to see Darmian get a run out.

That said, the Catania that played the Zebras on Saturday was pretty damn impressive.
Jack Sparrow
That oL Bum n Hang is the future... tongue.gif

Wait...that's quite a lot of future we got.. unsure.gif
redbabies
I just hope that the "star" of the night won't be again Digao (like he was in the 1st leg) rolleyes.gif

BTW, I think none of the players that played last night will play in this match.
dst
I want to see

Kalac
Cafu Darmian Simic Favalli
Brocchi Emerson Serginho
Gourcuff
Paloschi Umunegbu

in the first half and

Offredi
Cosner Darmian Simic Favalli
Cafu Emerson Brocchi
Gourcuff
Paloschi Aubameyang

in the second half.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 14 2008, 01:37 PM)
I want to see

Kalac
Cafu Darmian Simic Favalli
Brocchi Emerson Serginho
Gourcuff
Paloschi Umunegbu

in the first half and

Offredi
Cosner Darmian Simic Favalli
Cafu Emerson Brocchi
Gourcuff
Paloschi Aubameyang

in the second half.

Hopefully Carlo will use those
redbabies
@dst

Yes it's a good one.

Maybe it will not look-like 100% like that, but it will at least 70% (hope so goodheart.gif)
Jack Sparrow
See dst...even u notice that Willy, just needs 45 mins to leave an impact, while that overhyped c*nt Paloschi would need all 90. tongue.gif
Portman
Roma's Cup IF Inter forgets its existence and concentrate on the CL.
Darunia
GolTV will be showing this although it may be a delayed start.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 14 2008, 03:49 PM)
Carlo should just send out another second rate team for this one.

We have enough of a tough schedule as it is. And we're never serious about his one, we shouldn't waste time on it if we are not going to be serious about it. Better to get out now then going further into the competition and getting players more tired

Yup .. And Gila should lead that team tongue.gif

On a serious note .. I think u have a point tehre, with the fixtures running so close together this month, were gonna need all ourt players fresh
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 15 2008, 05:38 AM)
Yup .. And Gila should lead that team tongue.gif
On a serious note .. I think u have a point tehre, with the fixtures running so close together this month, were gonna need all ourt players fresh

biggrin.gif

Let's leave the Gila talk for later, I'm personally anxious to see him partner either Ronaldo or Pato up front. I think now all the different compinations of strikers we have will most probably work now that we have the 2 supporting strikers we've needed all along.

As for Coppa, I don't see the reason for advancing more then this stage when we never take it seriously. Better to save up energy for important games that we do actually care about
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 15 2008, 10:02 AM)
As for Coppa, I don't see the reason for advancing more then this stage when we never take it seriously. Better to save up energy for important games that we do actually care about

If that's the plan then I think it's a waste of time... we should field a strengthened Primavera squad and let them see what they can do instead of fielding our bench players and tell them to walk around in order to save energy...
Tennie
Interesting comments by Carletto this morning. (link)

As regards team selection for the Coppa game:

In attacco ci sarà Gilardino. Paloschi? Ci sarà se giocheremo con le due punte. Pirlo dovrebbe esserci, come ci saranno i giocatori non scesi in campo domenica dal primo minuto, ovvero Oddo, Cafu, Gattuso e tutti gli altri. Verificheremo anche se sarà possibile impiegare per un tempo Jankulovski per poi averlo a disposizione domenica a Udine.

[Gilardino will play in attack. Paloschi? We'll see if we play wiht two strikers. Pirlo should be there, as will the players who who weren't on the pitch Sunday from the first minute, including Oddo, Cafu, Gattuso and all the others. We'll see if it's possible for Jankulovski to have some playing time and still be available for selection on Sunday against Udinese.]
dst
Pirlo will play? Come on, it's not necessary that he does.
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 15 2008, 05:27 PM)
Pirlo will play? Come on, it's not necessary that he does.

That's because he's suspended for Udinese.
Tennie
Pirlo will sit out the Udine game, dst, on account of yellow card accumulation. I'm pretty sure that's why he's set to play in the Coppa game.
misha
I beat you to it again smile.gif
Tennie
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif Misha is a meaniehead.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 15 2008, 11:48 AM)
If that's the plan then I think it's a waste of time... we should field a strengthened Primavera squad and let them see what they can do instead of fielding our bench players and tell them to walk around in order to save energy...

And I agree with that. It's obvious that they go out to the Coppa games and seeing them as nothing more then training session games. Imo Carlo only sees the competition as something to shut some of the bench players mouths by giving them games to play in it and nothing more

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 15 2008, 03:41 PM)
cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif Misha is a meaniehead.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's italian page 'breaking news' section)

Call ups for the Catania game:

PORTIERI - Fiori, Kalac e Offredi (numero di maglia 30);
DIFENSORI - Bonera, Cafu, Digao, Favalli, Oddo, Simic, Ruggeri (n.45) e Romagnoli (n.46);
CENTROCAMPISTI - Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Caraglia (n.39) e Guerci (n.40);
ATTACCANTI - W.Aubameyang, Gilardino e Paloschi (n.43).

And here's how they think Milan will start:

MILANELLO - Questa la formazione che il Milan ha in animo di schierare domani sera a Catania: Kalac; Oddo, Digao, Simic, Favalli; Cafu, Gattuso, Emerson, Brocchi; Gourcuff; Gilardino.
dst
Ha ha Carletto is addicted to playing with one striker! biggrin.gif
Tennie
(With Digao in the center of defense, they'll need two DMs).
dst
I still can't believe it that Simic has been degraded to a Coppa player and Kaladze is a first XI one... it's utterly ridiculous from Milan's part.

Digao is skilled but he lacks concentration and it's quite obvious he can't read the flow of the play... these qualities can be developed at some extent but he is not some amazing talent that's for sure. I hope he becomes as good as possible as soon as possible.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 15 2008, 04:32 PM)
Ha ha Carletto is addicted to playing with one striker! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

He probably was itching to do it all along in Sunday's game

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 15 2008, 04:46 PM)
I still can't believe it that Simic has been degraded to a Coppa player and Kaladze is a first XI one... it's utterly ridiculous from Milan's part.

Definately, guess he's really putting in a lot of work on Silvio's daughter wink.gif
Darunia
Janku was not called up afterall. Hm will Rino start both this game and the game on sunday? We'll see I guess.
mishie
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 15 2008, 04:46 PM)

Simic has been linked with a transfer to Fulham in the english press so it may be his last game for us
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishie @ Jan 15 2008, 11:58 PM)
Simic has been linked with a transfer to Fulham in the english press so it may be his last game for us

Yup, I really do think he's leaving this transfer window. As things stand, Milan are probably negotiating with a defender.
redbabies
Gilardino scored twice in the friendly in Dubai.... now I hope he scores again in a match smth like that but which is called Coppa Italia.

He is becoming our "star" of these matches biggrin.gif
IoRDanCHo
QUOTE (redbabies @ Jan 15 2008, 11:49 PM)
Gilardino scored twice in the friendly in Dubai.... now I hope he scores again in a match smth like that but which is called Coppa Italia.

He is becoming our "star" of these matches  biggrin.gif

Our youngsters should be the stars for this kind of games, not Gilla! He should finally learn to play that fucking game, called football and start scoring like he did in Parma or i'll personally go and say to Gattso, "Gilla said you are an asshole!" rolleyes.gif
Zed.D
Poor Gila... sleep.gif he's become a starter for Coppa games...

... biggrin.gif
Nova
QUOTE (IoRDanCHo @ Jan 16 2008, 02:50 AM)
Our youngsters should be the stars for this kind of games, not Gilla! He should finally learn to play that fucking game, called football and start scoring like he did in Parma or i'll personally go and say to Gattso, "Gilla said you are an asshole!" rolleyes.gif

Exactly !
han2503
Anybody know any good streams for the match?
Ry4n
For all those in the UK and want to buy a pass from SerieA.tv , you can from there but only Coppa italia i just bought mine now
Tennie
I don't know if it'll help at all but it's being broadcast (2 hour delay) on GolTV in the US. They use the SerieAtv feed for Coppa games (so same commentators as for Serie A games on Fox Soccer).
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's breaking news section)

Here's the starting XI for the game:

MILAN: Kalac; Oddo, Digao, Simic, Favalli; Cafu, Pirlo, Emerson, Brocchi; Gourcuff; Gilardino
Il Capitano
I wanted Darmian too play instead of Digao.
misha
Cafu in the midfield will be interesting. Hope Digao can show a better display than the first game.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Jan 16 2008, 07:20 PM)
I wanted Darmian too play instead of Digao.

so did i where is he !!
Tennie
I don't think Darmian made the trip. sad.gif Cosner and Paloschi are on the bench though, I think.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 16 2008, 07:27 PM)
I don't think Darmian made the trip. sad.gif Cosner and Paloschi are on the bench though, I think.

com on Paloschi !! get us a goal
arivanjj
tvants://www.p2psports.cn/tvants/?k=611411cf92d7ace93f5873f5325bd029
armiss
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jan 16 2008, 11:54 PM)
so did i where is he !!

Tv front ! biggrin.gif
whoarethepatriots
Pirlo is captaining the squad smile.gif
daj0
Milan
Manager: Carlo Ancelotti

Captain: 21. Andrea Pirlo

On the Field
Kalac
Oddo
Digao
Simic
Favalli
Cafu
Pirlo
Emerson
Brocchi
Gourcuff
Gilardino
Subs
8. Gattuso 29. Fiori 25. Bonera 94. Aubameyang Guerci (eurosport.co.uk)

No poloshi or who is guerci?
Tennie
Acmilan.com has Paloschi, Guerci, Caraglia and PIERRE Aubemeyang from the Primavera on the bench.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.