Full Version: 16/12/07 - CWC final - AC Milan vs Boca Juniors
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
misha
AC Milan vs Boca Juniors

FIFA Club World Cup 2007 Final

Sunday, December 16, 2007

International Stadium, Yokohama, Japan

Time: 19.30 (Japan time) 11.30 (Italian time)
Rossoneri7
I predict a slow game ... Milan will have to dictate play.

I don't have any predictions, as this game could go to penalties sad.gif
misha
Boca was unstable in the Argentinian championship this year and I'm sure if we are gonna play our game, they don't have a chance. 2:0 to Milan.
han2503
If we play a smart game we should win this.

Boca are a good attacking team but they lack defensively, you could see that in their semi final game. I think it could be easier for us to score against them then it was against urawa. Because they will try to attack and control the tempo which in turn will open up spaces.

With this said, we need to keep focused at all times in defence, in every game we play we always seem to have a momentary lapse where we blank out of the game and we allow them in. Urawa didn't score yesterday because they never really tried to attack, but Boca will so this is my main concern
dst
13-0. Brocchi will score 7. Boca's whole defense will commit harakiri. Kaladze will die in a collision with his leg!
Zed.D
I don't have a good feeling about this match... sad.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Dec 14 2007, 06:18 PM)
13-0. Brocchi will score 7. Boca's whole defense will commit harakiri. Kaladze will die in a collision with his leg!

That was unique! laugh.gif
Portman
The result doesn't matter, just the trophy.

Quoting Jose Mourinho for this one... "You don't play a final. You win a final."

Forza Milan!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Porty @ Dec 14 2007, 06:53 PM)
The result doesn't matter, just the trophy.

Quoting Jose Mourinho for this one... "You don't play a final. You win a final."

Forza Milan!

I like his winning mentality cool.gif
whoarethepatriots
Did anyone see Banega play in the Semi's?

If so, how was he?
dst
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Dec 14 2007, 07:03 PM)

If so, how was he?

I watched the second half of the semifinal against the Tunisian team. I wasn't 100% focused on him but in general I can say that his game was very mature considering his age. He's a good orchestrator.

But I don't know if he suits in Milan... I mean... this is a Brazilian contingent...
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 14 2007, 05:24 PM)
I watched the second half of the semifinal against the Tunisian team. I wasn't 100% focused on him but in general I can say that his game was very mature considering his age. He's a good orchestrator.

But I don't know if he suits in Milan... I mean... this is a Brazilian contingent...

We do need an alternative to Pirlo
dst
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Dec 14 2007, 07:43 PM)
We do need an alternative to Pirlo

Montolivo, Cigarini (both reachable targets and very Pirlesque) or Aquilani (Roma-bound and not exactly a Pirlo alternative) are more than good emough for me. I want more Italians into the team and these guys are really talented!
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 14 2007, 07:17 PM)
Montolivo, Cigarini (both reachable targets and very Pirlesque) or Aquilani (Roma-bound and not exactly a Pirlo alternative) are more than good emough for me. I want more Italians into the team and these guys are really talented!

Aquilani i cant see ever leaving Roma. Cigarini and Montolivio are both viable targets but i doubt Monto would want to sit on the bench for long periods. I have heard highly of Cigarini, but i havent seen him play, and i dont know if he could fit in, plus i dont want to sign him and have him treated like Gourcuff
redbabies
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Dec 14 2007, 06:03 PM)

If so, how was he?

He is a Fabregas-style player. So, can be used as a Pirlo sub.

BTW, he played very well IMO.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (redbabies @ Dec 14 2007, 10:14 PM)

Are we taking Fabregas style short defence splitting passes or Pirlo cross field passes
jefri91
i wish this match was at night
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (redbabies @ Dec 14 2007, 05:14 PM)

i believe his a lil more defensive minded than fab. i'd say he's more of a mix of de rossi and pirlo.
dst
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Dec 15 2007, 01:44 AM)
Are we taking Fabregas style short defence splitting passes or Pirlo cross field passes

Like BigMac said, he defends more - and better - than Pirlo or Fabregas and in attack he's not like any of the two either. Mostly he just helps build up the play, he's not going to give you the super ball. He can dribble too. But this is just from having watched him for one half.

QUOTE (jefri91 @ Dec 15 2007, 02:15 AM)
i wish this match was at night

Well technically it is... if you live in Japan. But I'm not complaining, ari has to put up with the time all season long...
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 15 2007, 09:17 PM)
Well technically it is... if you live in Japan. But I'm not complaining, ari has to put up with the time all season long...

biggrin.gif sleep.gif sleep.gif ... it does break-up my routine sometimes. but yeah this match is going to be on at 10:30, and that's what i calling living cool.gif

btw i thought there were gonna be 2 extra officials behind the goal post in this competition as a test. wat happened?
Zed.D
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 15 2007, 02:32 PM)
btw i thought there were gonna be 2 extra officials behind the goal post in this competition as a test. wat happened?

It seems they forgot to!
Darunia
They are using the microchip in the ball, aren't they?
Tennie
Yes, they're using the microchip ball.
Jack Sparrow
It's called the bionic ball laugh.gif

Anyone remember the old cartoon series Bionic 6
arivanjj
i'll be watching the match 1 and a half hours after kick-off sad.gif. stupid SBS won't show it live...
Darunia
I'm watching it... 13 hours after kick off =/

I can't wake up at 5 am... I just hope i can avoid checking the score.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 16 2007, 08:38 AM)
i'll be watching the match 1 and a half hours after kick-off sad.gif. stupid SBS won't show it live...

Then don't be online till ur done watching the match biggrin.gif wink.gif
arivanjj
^^ yes. it'll be very hard to resist, but i guess that's what i'll be doing.
arivanjj
unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
WTF huh.gif

I think that is more like a demo or something like that. That could never be the ball that they are actually using. Could it unsure.gif
bigmacmtl
it's 3:30 am blink.gif , match starts in an hour and half so i`m nto gonna sleep although i`d like too sleepysmiley03.gif sleepysmiley03.gif
Tennie
I've just gotten up. Went to bed early and everything.smile.gif

The Etoile - Uraway game is a very entertaining one, btw. It's 2-2 in the 82nd.

EDIT: Urawa win 4-2 on penalties.
fresh_prince7
I'm the same as ari.. except longer delay..

Stupid SBS.

Any word if ronnie will make the lineup or the bench..

Any other team news..
han2503
QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ Dec 16 2007, 09:19 AM)
I'm the same as ari.. except longer delay..

Stupid SBS.

Any word if ronnie will make the lineup or the bench..

Any other team news..

Ronnie is out of the squad since he's still out injured.

We can mostly expect the usual formation with Pippo starting
arivanjj
Paolo to start of course?
Tennie
Starting lineups:

BOCA JUNIORS: Caranta; Ibarra, Maidana, Paletta, Morel Rodriguez; Gonzalez, Battaglia, Banega, Cardozo; Palermo, Palacio.

MILAN: Dida; Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Inzaghi.
Ry4n
yepe its on Art Sport 3 and its only 2:30pm here in UAE

FORZA MILAN !!!!!

devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 16 2007, 09:28 AM)
Paolo to start of course?

Don't know. Since Janku is back I don#t know what Carlo will choose to do. Maybe Paolo will come on as a sub for Janku if we take a lead and are still leading at half time unsure.gif
han2503
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 16 2007, 09:56 AM)
Don't know. Since Janku is back I don#t know what Carlo will choose to do. Maybe Paolo will come on as a sub for Janku if we take a lead and are still leading at half time  unsure.gif

QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 16 2007, 09:42 AM)
Starting lineups:

BOCA JUNIORS: Caranta; Ibarra, Maidana, Paletta, Morel Rodriguez; Gonzalez, Battaglia, Banega, Cardozo; Palermo, Palacio.

MILAN: Dida; Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Inzaghi.

Well there's your answer rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
Tennie
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised by the starting defenders for Milan. Wonder if and at which point they'll be subbed. Granted, Oddo's been in horrible form of late, but Bonera isn't nearly as good going forward. To me, it indicates Milan is very wary of the Boca attack. As for Janku, perhaps he doesn't have full match fitness yet. The semi was the first game he's played in quite a long while.
arivanjj
i have a good feeling about our defense. it looks solid smile.gif
han2503
About to start

FORZA MILAN!!!!!
Tennie
Pippo almost!
Tennie
Amazing slide tackle by Maldini. smile.gif Even if the ball went out afterward.
han2503
Oh!!! Pippo so close

Great ball from Seedorf
Tennie
PIPPO GOAL!
han2503
GOAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tennie
Quickly followed by a goal by Palacio. Bad defensive error; they weren't paying attention.
han2503
Sh!t
dst
Great motivation to let Palacio score... it really wouldn't have been any different if there was no one in Milan's box! rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 16 2007, 10:57 AM)
Great motivation to let Palacio score... it really wouldn't have been any different if there was no one in Milan's box!  rolleyes.gif

The big shocker is that their were 4 players around him, and no one even so much as jumped to try and defend the ball rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.