Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will the return of Ronaldo turn our season around?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
m1ke
Ronaldo has been included in the squad to face Shaktar tomorrow tonight, in what will potentially be his first game of the season after a long lay-off due to injury.

His arrival back in Jan '07 sparked somewhat of a Milan revival in Serie A, with his 7 goals in 14 games helping Milan reach those important CL spots after an indifferent start to the season.

Carlo believes our poor start to this season is due to our inability to score that first goal which forces the opposition to open up and start playing football, instead of sitting back on the counter. Surely Ronaldo, with his impressive movement and finishing, is the perfect player to achieve this?

Does his return mean that we switch back to the 4-1-3-2 which served us well during the last 3/4 seasons? What happens to Seedorf if that happens, a player who has arguably been our best player this season when playing just behind the striker(s)?

Discuss!
Rossoneri7
I believe Ronaldo will help the team turn around the season.

Our line-up will be something like this:

Dida - Oddo - Nesta - Maldini - Sergio

Gattuso - Pirlo - Seedorf

Kaka'

Gilardino - Ronaldo

A 4-3-1-2 formation has worked for this team in the past. What we lack today is someone decisive in the opponent's box and I believe Ronaldo is that someone decisive. Moreover, Milan is a solid team and with Ronaldo back, it will be from one victory to another king.gif

I believe that Seedorf will be part of that 3 man midfield or he could alternate with Kaka' to support the strikers when Carlo rests Kaka' for some games in the season.

I can't wait to see us in the 4-3-1-2. been sucha long time.
dst
Define "turn around"... IF he avoids injury for a large period we will reach the top 4 but we cannot win the scudetto.

I don't think he will turn anything around as our targets will not change. CWC and CL, he will help us achieve those goals but he can't lead us to a championship win! That would be a turn around...
Jack Sparrow
I don't think he will turn anything around as our targets will not change. CWC and CL, he will help us achieve those goals but he can't lead us to a championship win! That would be a turn around...

Gear up...duck season starts this jan. devil.gif
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 5 2007, 05:34 PM)
Gear up...duck season starts this jan. devil.gif

We're out of ammo.
Rossoneri7
laugh.gif laugh.gif

U too .. Havn't I seen u two in Beavis and Butthead_ Do America tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
We're out of ammo.

We'll make bang bang sounds and pretend we're shooting, and they'll all pretend they're dead. And then we can take the trophy(ies)
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 5 2007, 05:58 PM)
We'll make bang bang sounds and pretend we're shooting, and they'll all pretend they're dead. And then we can take the trophy(ies)

OR they might think we're idiots... I'm just saying...

Anyway... this is Mike's first thread in months so we shouldn't mess things up! tongue.gif

Ronaldo will surely be a breath of fresh air and so will be Pato. I hope with the help of these two guys we can do well in the CL again!
KillerMax
I don't think so, no. It's great to have him back, but our problems go deeper than just the return of Ronaldo. We are pretty far from the the other top teams in the table and they are every good teams up there like Juve and Fiorentina, who will surely give us a very very hard time to reach fourth place. This has been a nightmare start and I think it will have its consequences. (Such as missing the CL) Ronaldo, will give us a fighting chance though.
kurtsimonw
I've put 'maybe'. He'll certainly improve us and as long as he stays somewhat healthy, we'll take 4th place. I'm just not confident that he won't have another big injury, which could lead to us missing out on 4th place.
arivanjj
it's a definite maybe... a yes if his return sparks the teams confidence and game play. a no if the other players perform like recent forms so of course it's a team game and if they can't provide then he couldn't deliver.
Bluesummers
F@ck yeah it will turn our season around.
Zed.D
I say "maybe" because the possibility of Ronaldo injuring himself for another three months looks to be more than [or at least equal] the possibility of him turning our season around.

EDIT: Even if he stays healthy, our @sses will be ripped to achieve our objective (rolleyes.gif) of fourth place (sleep.gif) because right now there are [at least] four teams who absolutely deserve to be in the next year's CL, more than us: Inter, Roma, Fiorentina and especially Juve [who were relegated to Serie B and lost some of their best stars but came back powerfully and never used the Calciopoli as an alibi like Milan did!].
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 6 2007, 09:43 AM)
...especially Juve [who were relegated to Serie B and lost some of their best stars but came back powerfully and never used the Calciopoli as an alibi like Milan did!].

Really?

They deserve it?? I don't think so. They play just like they did a few years ago. You can freely turn your TV on near the 80th minute, cause you won't miss any good stuff. It's still the irritating Juve it used to be.

And considering the "Calciopoli" excuse - don't make a parallel with Milan. Cause it's only naturally that Juve keep their mouth shut. They don't use the excuse cause they were found guilty and they have to play down for quite some time.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 10 2007, 11:31 PM)
And considering the "Calciopoli" excuse - don't make a parallel with Milan. Cause it's only naturally that Juve keep their mouth shut. They don't use the excuse cause they were found guilty and they have to play down for quite some time.

They don't have to use any excuses; they are challenging for the scudetto, we're not!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 11 2007, 06:44 AM)
They don't have to use any excuses; they are challenging for the scudetto, we're not!

And in the end, they're gonna end up behind us,..
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 11 2007, 04:00 AM)
And in the end, they're gonna end up behind us,..

This season? There is noway of that happening. Next season is a different story.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 11 2007, 01:28 PM)
This season? There is noway of that happening. Next season is a different story.

And why is that? You think we won't win the 4th spot???

I mean - Inter or Roma will take the scudetto, maybe Fiorentina. They are in fight for the 1-3 postitions. We have to secure the 4th spot, and that's what we are gonna do. Juve will be looking at our back, IMO..
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 11 2007, 07:08 AM)
And why is that? You think we won't win the 4th spot???

I mean - Inter or Roma will take the scudetto, maybe Fiorentina. They are in fight for the 1-3 postitions. We have to secure the 4th spot, and that's what we are gonna do. Juve will be looking at our back, IMO..

If, we are gonna make the the top four, and that's only an if, it will be like this:

Inter
Roma
Juve
Milan

Otherwise, put Fiorentina in fourth place.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 11 2007, 03:41 PM)
If, we are gonna make the the top four, and that's only an if, it will be like this:

Inter
Roma
Juve
Milan

Otherwise, put Fiorentina in fourth place.

I can't agree. Fiorentina is IMO stronger then Juvetus. Juve got Buffon and Trez, plus some nice players and a wreck of a player once called Pavel Nedved. The Violas have a team with the winning combo.
Rossoneri7
Milan will end this season in the top four. It is inevitable. Our injured players are just getting back, and the team has just reached (closed to..) peak form.

IMO our only direct challengers are the merda, regardless of our position in the table today. It's still early to predict what's the situation gonna be like four months from now, but as things stand today, we are amongst the very few who have a team capable of reaching such a target!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 11 2007, 01:01 AM)
Really?

They deserve it?? I don't think so. They play just like they did a few years ago. You can freely turn your TV on near the 80th minute, cause you won't miss any good stuff. It's still the irritating Juve it used to be.

Our problems is we don't want to accept Milan were involved in the Calciopoli too [I've seen this between many of milanfan.com members]. this was not really the first time Milan got punished for these kind of wrongdoings as you know we were even relegated to Serie B before Silvio takeover. so talking about Juve having to keep their mouths shut for they were found guilty but Milan not is a bit nonsense...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 12 2007, 09:59 AM)
Our problems is we don't want to accept Milan were involved in the Calciopoli too [I've seen this between many of milanfan.com members]. this was not really the first time Milan got punished for these kind of wrongdoings as you know we were even relegated to Serie B before Silvio takeover. so talking about Juve having to keep their mouths shut for they were found guilty but Milan not is a bit nonsense...

When you say Milan=Juve, yes it is nonsense. But to me, it was clear why Milan got penalized and why Juve got relegated. Complete different roles.
KillerMax
For the last time I'm gonna say this. Milan were not involved, everyone else was. Milan are clean while every other team is dirty. This is not an opinion, it is a fact. Furthermore, if you wanna say it's my opinion, then I'm right and if you disagree, you are wrong. If you have something to say that is not in agreement with my statements, go swallow a knife and then jump off a bridge.
Jack Sparrow
For the last time I'm gonna say this. Milan were not involved, everyone else was. Milan are clean while every other team is dirty. This is not an opinion, it is a fact. Furthermore, if you wanna say it's my opinion, then I'm right and if you disagree, you are wrong. If you have something to say that is not in agreement with my statements, go swallow a knife and then jump off a bridge.

Ahhh Max...there is still good in you...king.gif

laugh.gif Swallow a knife and jump off a bridge?? I don't see the connection...some ancient punishment devised by your great great great great great grand uncle Xerxes?? tongue.gif

While I agree with you, the fact is quite simple(why people think Milan are match-fixers)

Calciopoli was a match fixing scandal where guilty teams were punished.
Milan was punished. Ergo, Milan are match-fixers.

Pretty simply this is how people see it, and there's nothing we can say, bringing in the verdict or whatever, coz you think people care?

Milan answered their critics when Paolo lifted Daddy Big Ears. F@ck all to the doubters. Devil's Army for life.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 12 2007, 05:19 PM)
When you say Milan=Juve, yes it is nonsense. But to me, it was clear why Milan got penalized and why Juve got relegated. Complete different roles.

Then Milan had a 'role', even very small?

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 12 2007, 06:49 PM)

huh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 12 2007, 09:01 PM)

laugh.gif Swallow a knife and jump off a bridge?? I don't see the connection...some ancient punishment devised by your great great great great great grand uncle Xerxes?? tongue.gif
While I agree with you, the fact is quite simple(why people think Milan are match-fixers)

Pretty simply this is how people see it, and there's nothing we can say, bringing in the verdict or whatever, coz you think people care?

Milan answered their critics when Paolo lifted Daddy Big Ears. F@ck all to the doubters. Devil's Army for life.

Thanks for the compliment.

-------------------------------
But I got a question from three of you: imagine Milan were never involved n the Calciopoli, and instead Inter were punished just like Milan were, eight points. be honest for a second, what would you call them now?...
Jack Sparrow
Thanks for the compliment.

I'm sorry that wasn't meant for you. If you were in that category, you wouldn't be on this forum. I've been defending Milan to people in and around my work place/coffee shop wherever for the past season, it blew out this time. Apologies!

But I got a question from three of you: imagine Milan were never involved n the Calciopoli, and instead Inter were punished just like Milan were, eight points. be honest for a second, what would you call them now?...

zd..Inter could win the Scudetto, the CL, and the Coppa Italia, guest star in the FA cup and win that, and maybe send in their youth team to play La Liga and even win that. We'd still call them cheats. biggrin.gif They're shite-merda! We hate them, they hate us, we're all happy!

The question you should ask is what if it had been a team, we don't particularly care about, like Udinese or Torino. In that case, I'm convinced we would listen to their side of the story, as opposed to a team like Inter or Juve against whom we are biased to start off with anyway!!

As for Milan's role...I think it goes back to a crazy guy named Meani. Perhaps the inspiration for 10ster's now-famous pickup line ( wink.gif )
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 13 2007, 07:12 AM)
I'm sorry that wasn't meant for you. If you were in that category, you wouldn't be on this forum. I've been defending Milan to people in and around my work place/coffee shop wherever for the past season, it blew out this time. Apologies!

zd..Inter could win the Scudetto, the CL, and the Coppa Italia, guest star in the FA cup and win that, and maybe send in their youth team to play La Liga and even win that. We'd still call them cheats. biggrin.gif They're shite-merda! We hate them, they hate us, we're all happy!

The question you should ask is what if it had been a team, we don't particularly care about, like Udinese or Torino. In that case, I'm convinced we would listen to their side of the story, as opposed to a team like Inter or Juve against whom we are biased to start off with anyway!!

As for Milan's role...I think it goes back to a crazy guy named Meani. Perhaps the inspiration for 10ster's now-famous pickup line ( wink.gif )

No, it's OK!
///
And Galliani got a 1 year ban wink.gif
///
Moratti is no cheat, he's a fvcking retarded and the best he can do is to have his men to spy on others. tongue.gif he's not smart enough to be a cheater!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 12 2007, 08:31 PM)

Actually Jack, not long ago I have gone through the evidence that was presented in court for the trial. Most of it was in Italian, of which I had someone translate for me. Calciopoli ...

Though some people would rather rest on their behinds and just take the conclusion(s) of the vast majority, who just repeat whatever rhetoric the media prints out (which inevitably becomes the majority opinion.. u know, monkey see, monkey do rolleyes.gif ).

There was not enough evidence brought to the table !!! But because the judges were on Moratti's tab, most of the scudetto challengers were brushed aside. Is it a coincidence that Fiorentina, Reggina, etc all had their penalties decreased two months into the championship .. While Milan got nothing decreased rolleyes.gif These are the kind of things that should be questioned, as post Calciopoli ! But u know, people would much rather move on .. than question their position in such a fraud wink.gif
han2503
Back on topic because we've exhausted this Calciopoli discussion on more then 1 occasion

Ronaldo might help. He will probably give us a big boost in the attacking department, especially in Serie A. But we have other probalems that we need to address, like the defence which has let in a goal in almost every game.
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 18 2007, 05:20 PM)
Ronaldo might help. He will probably give us a big boost in the attacking department, especially in Serie A. But we have other probalems that we need to address, like the defence which has let in a goal in almost every game.

If he prevents injuries, he can be useful until he's 33 or 34. but that's a big if.
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 18 2007, 04:58 PM)
If he prevents injuries, he can be useful until he's 33 or 34. but that's a big if.

If he wasn't so prone to injuries then I would say he would be useful for longer then that but at the rate he gets injured I can't see that happening
aLbErTo
ronaldo will strive to help us...i think having him in the startin11 all other players around him will get a boost, he's just that kind of a player...and imaginig him and kaka playing together(which they hadn't had enough chance) is just awesome...will he help us? definitly...turn our season around?hm, let's bring some good refreshments to defence in january wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ Nov 19 2007, 09:17 PM)
ronaldo will strive to help us...i think having him in the startin11 all other players around him will get a boost, he's just that kind of a player...and imaginig him and kaka playing together(which they hadn't had enough chance) is just awesome...will he help us? definitly...turn our season around?hm, let's bring some good refreshments to defence in january wink.gif

Exactly, I don't think this team lacks anything .. Well maybe a few changes here and there, but nothing critical tohow the team will do this season ..
Jack Sparrow
Ronaldo's AC Milan comeback will apparently be joined by a full head of hair, with the striker's rapid hair growth being put down to a Swiss remedy that he's agreed to publicise...

Ronaldo's AC Milan comeback isn't far off but, as per the celebrity status of top footballers, some would rather discuss the striker's hair than his feet.

According to Sao Paolo newspaper O Globo, Ronaldo's 70s style afro, which he revealed this week, is down to the Swiss hair remedy Crescina, which the Brazilian striker recently agreed to promote.

Ronaldo thus eschewed fourteen years of a 'number one' buzzcut to grow a mane. Speaking to Chinese news agency Xinhua, he remarked, "It may even help me score more headers."

Regardless, Crescina representatives are thought to be delighted that their product of gaining exposure, although some rossoneri faithful may see it as another distraction for a striker who really must return to the pitch soon.

Still, when he does, at least he'll stand out. Of course, according to some, perhaps it's only a matter of time until Ronaldo goes the whole hog and perfects the Carlos Valderrama look...

How long before the boy from Sydney grows one??
arivanjj
cry.gif i don't wanna grow mine
Zed.D
"Will the return of Ronaldo turn our season around?"

I wonder if there's a return at all!
This guy got injured while warming up, how can he turn our season around?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.