Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gattuso or Ambrosini
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2
Il Capitano
I'm just wondering, who is your favorite player out of these two?
misha
I love Ambro but Rino is more essential to the team.
Jack Sparrow
I love Ambro more too. He's been here longer. Since 1995. Been there since I started following Milan.

But Rino does link better with Andy P.
Tennie
Wow, I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but...

I love Ambro but my vote has to go to Rino. Us Calabrians have to stick together. smile.gif
KillerMax
Massimo Ambrosini without hesitation. He is a great leader. Gattuso needs someone to put him in his place from time to time.
Il Capitano
I also love Ambrosini and I feel that he is more useful against the smaller.
Rossoneri7
Ambro king.gif king.gif
kurtsimonw
Without question it has to be Ambro.

His defensive work goes un-noticed sometimes, he runs his heart out everytime he gets on the field, deserving of Maldini's captains armband.

Comes up with a goal or two from time-to-time!
dst
I love both of them... I'd pick Ambro though cause he thinks more! tongue.gif
Nova
I can imagine a Milan side without Ambro easily , but not without Gattuso.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 24 2007, 02:29 PM)
Wow, I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but...

I love Ambro but my vote has to go to Rino. Us Calabrians have to stick together. smile.gif

heheh yep smile.gif
Darunia
Ambro, vice-captain biggrin.gif
aLbErTo
i hate that i have to pick betwen these two guys...but my vote goes to ambro, do you imagine what kind of player he could be if he hadnt had those injury problems...but dont get me wrong, i love rino as well as ambro
Fillipo Simone
I love them both but my vote goes to Ambro
Portman
Rino. No question.

Just hope we get rid of Ambro soon.
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Oct 27 2007, 08:22 PM)

No chance for that. He's our next captain.
dst
Ambro is a decent player. There are others that shouldn't even be playing at Milan...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Porty @ Oct 27 2007, 07:22 PM)

huh.gif Why?
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 27 2007, 12:32 PM)
Ambro is a decent player.

My uncle playing in the division 4 is decent. Ambrosini is great.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 27 2007, 09:59 PM)
My uncle playing in the division 4 is decent. Ambrosini is great.

U know .. U make a very good point here ... Many ppl think Broochi is a 'decent' player, but after playing for Fiorentina, many around here regarded him *gulp* better than Seedorf rolleyes.gif

In any case the point I'm trying to make here is, if the player is in the Milan rosters for years now, he is doing the right thing and is highly rated by our coaching staff as a whole (not just Carlo) .. Just like Kalac, he ain't the best around, but he did a magnificent job on Wednesday! Now people are saying he is better than Dida rolleyes.gif Such a short span of memory, if u know what i mean wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 27 2007, 09:26 PM)
Just like Kalac, he ain't the best around, but he did a magnificent job on Wednesday! Now people are saying he is better than Dida rolleyes.gif  Such a short span of memory, if u know what i mean wink.gif

When it comes to Kalac,..I'll be allways sceptical regarding his quality.

Kalac mistake

I've following Kalac for some time, and such mistakes happen ever since. He never will be near to Dida, not even a one-armed Dida,..
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 28 2007, 12:06 AM)
He never will be near to Dida, not even a one-armed Dida,..

Not even the next Gkeeper that will replace him once his contract expires sad.gif

Unless Milan bring in Buffon or Cech rolleyes.gif
aLbErTo
i think that's not the point that "rossoner7" was pointing out...
Il Capitano
If not for his injuries Ambrosini would be ranked higher as a player in the world but we know how good he really is. He just have to keep on playing like he has done so far and I'm positive that he'll be a starter in Gli Azzurri. Then people will recognize his greatness.

But that doesn't matter as long as he plays good for Milan.

Forza MAXIMUS
Ry4n
Ambrosini for captain then Gattuso as vice
whoarethepatriots
Gattuso is better overall, but i prefer Ambrosini, cos of his cool blonde locks and his amazing aerial ability
KillerMax
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Oct 30 2007, 04:40 PM)
cos of his cool blonde locks

dst... You're not alone...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 31 2007, 02:16 AM)

Neither r u wink.gif ... Jason Borne fan tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 31 2007, 01:16 AM)

Of course I'm not... the whole of Milan is with me. Remember after his goal in the 04/05 CL semis against PSV, he was referred at the official site as... "The Blond Angel"!! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 30 2007, 05:23 PM)
Neither r u  wink.gif  ... Jason Borne fan tongue.gif

He is just a character... I mean, even if I was like you and dst... It's not like anything could ever happen...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 31 2007, 02:35 AM)
He is just a character... I mean, even if I was like you and dst... It's not like anything could ever happen...

biggrin.gif it was a joke bro .. Do what Mika does, Relax, Take it Easy tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 30 2007, 05:34 PM)
Of course I'm not... the whole of Milan is with me. Remember after his goal in the 04/05 CL semis against PSV, he was referred at the official site as... "The Blond Angel"!!  rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I remember... It sounded like something Berlusconi would say. I'm just wondering what that headline would have been if Kaladze was the hero that night... "The Georgian creature conquers Eindhoven..."
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 30 2007, 05:36 PM)
biggrin.gif it was a joke bro .. Do what Mika does, Relax, Take it Easy tongue.gif

I know you really want me to relax... But I told you, I'm NOT interested. And NO, I don't care about your oil money!!
kurtsimonw
I just have to look at threads like these and smile.
Zed.D
Lol what's your point Kurt? Rino was arguably the better player back then when this poll was started. now Ambro is better.
CHU-LIP
Ambrosini biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 31 2010, 06:34 PM) *
Lol what's your point Kurt? Rino was arguably the better player back then when this poll was started. now Ambro is better.

I disagree.

It was closer back then, but Ambro has always been the better player, in my opinion. He's always been able to do most of what Rino does.. plus he can actually play football.
Boban10
My vote goes to Max.

I remember when he arrived, the lad couldnt get in the starting eleven due to the pairing of Albertini and Desailly (they were fantastic!!), but every chance Max got he impressed me with his commitment, desire, work rate and as Kurt says he can actually play some football.

No disrespect to Rino tho as both these men play for the shirt.

smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2010, 05:49 PM) *
I disagree.

It was closer back then, but Ambro has always been the better player, in my opinion. He's always been able to do most of what Rino does.. plus he can actually play football.

Then why was Ambro the bench warmer and Rino the starter back when only one DM started? Rino was way ahead of him when both were at their peaks.

Admittidly Rino has taken a huge nose dive now, while Ambro has managed to maintain his shape. But that's what you get when you play like Rino, he ran himself into the ground because he always gives a 110% even when playing with thorn knee ligaments for an entire match
X-Offender
There was a time when Rino was the heart and soul of this team, and his absence was always felt by the squad. Nowadays, Ambro is obviously better than him, but he's nowhere near as important as Rino was in his prime.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 31 2010, 10:22 PM) *
Then why was Ambro the bench warmer and Rino the starter back when only one DM started? Rino was way ahead of him when both were at their peaks.

This would be true if the manager was making the correct decision, but I don't think he was.

It's like why was Kaladze starting instead of *insert any player*? Because he was better? No way, managers make mistakes.

Rino always gave 100%, I won't deny that, but his footballing ability has always been nowhere near the standards for a top half team.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2010, 09:54 PM) *
This would be true if the manager was making the correct decision, but I don't think he was.

It's like why was Kaladze starting instead of *insert any player*? Because he was better? No way, managers make mistakes.

Rino always gave 100%, I won't deny that, but his footballing ability has always been nowhere near the standards for a top half team.

I saw a perfect Gattuso on 2007 for example.

He was the only one who could/did stop Ronaldo and was one of the most important players who helped Milan to win the CHL.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 31 2010, 10:59 PM) *
I saw a perfect Gattuso on 2007 for example.

He was the only one who could/did stop Ronaldo and was one of the most important players who helped Milan to win the CHL.

Didn't Ambrosini get MotM against United in the 2nd leg? unsure.gif

As far as I'm concerned that season was just Kaka' + 10 anyway.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2010, 11:01 PM) *

As far as I'm concerned that season was just Kaka' + 10 anyway.

No Seedorf was Man of the Match.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 31 2010, 09:30 PM) *
There was a time when Rino was the heart and soul of this team, and his absence was always felt by the squad. Nowadays, Ambro is obviously better than him, but he's nowhere near as important as Rino was in his prime.

Exactly

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2010, 09:54 PM) *

But that's your oppinion as a lot of people see it otherwise. And it's not just Carlo who made that "mistake" as you call it, the NT coaches selected Gattuso over Ambro, he was one of the most sought after DMs at the time. So it wasn't just one coach who thought that Rino was all that but many others.

And it's not like Ambro is a Xavi-Pirlo hybrid. He's not a pass master, can't cross, can't shoot and can be just as reckless on a bad day as Rino or Flamini. So what exactly makes him better then Rino at being a footballer?
nuh
So Kurt your just saying that both Lippi and Carlo made a mistake for playing him. So are you telling me that Lippi was wrong for playing him in the 2006 World Cup? Well he can't be mistaken cuz he is one of the reasons why Italy won it.
Fishdoll
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2010, 07:01 PM) *

Actually, yes. Ambro did. I've got the player ratings from Gazzetta. He got an 8.5.

That said, Rino was also immense that season and was instrumental in Italy winning the World Cup.
d'Arc.LP
I've got something sticked in the door of my room :

Seedorf got 9
Kaka 9
Gattuso 8
Ambrosini 7
Fishdoll
Which paper is that from, d'Arc? It's not from Gazzetta dello Sport (which is the main Italian sport paper and which is only printed in Italian).

EDIT: Here are Gazzetta's ratings (from the May 3 0207 print edition):

Dida 6.5
Oddo 6.5
Nesta 7
Kaladze 7.5
Janku 7
Gattuso 8
Pirlo 7
Ambrosini 8.5
Kaka 8
Seedorf 8
Inzaghi 6
Gilardino 7
d'Arc.LP
No it's not Gazzetta but I can't tell really which paper is, I forgot, cos' the pic. is 2 years old and when Kaka was transfered to Real I removed all posters and things like this from my wall and doors smile.gif

The point is that Seedorf was better for 2 "points" it can't be a lot of difference with other papers ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.