Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats the complete story...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
Locke Lamora
This is what I know:
Milan and Inter are both Milanese teams. There's bound to be rivalry.
Moratti is SAD. Berlusconi is funny as hell.

But those things don't entirely justify the almost extreme hatred between the two teams, so I wondered if anyone more educated on the subject than I could answer my questions.

Thanks in advance, Locke.
dst
Extreme hatred??

I've learned to live with it... it's not more grave than the rivalry of Madrid and Barcelona, or Liverpool and United... that's just the way things are...

What is it exactly that you want to know?
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 15 2007, 09:45 PM)
This is what I know:
Milan and Inter are both Milanese teams. There's bound to be rivalry.
Moratti is SAD. Berlusconi is funny as hell.

But those things don't entirely justify the almost extreme hatred between the two teams, so I wondered if anyone more educated on the subject than I could answer my questions.

Thanks in advance, Locke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_della_Madonnina

cool.gif
I_Rossoneri
IIRC It boils down to when Milan were first formed. Milan were mainly ex pats and didn't have many 'locals' playing for them, that is when the locals decided to form their own team and try and outdo Milan - That was 99 years ago and they still haven't succeded tongue.gif

There is also politics involved, Milan were a mainly left wing club while merda were right wing.

Morassi also has an inferiority complex as well wink.gif

I think they are basically what it boils down to.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Porty @ Oct 16 2007, 01:02 AM)

Wow .. I didn't know they won more derbies than us in Serie A !! I thought it was the opposite.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 15 2007, 07:13 PM)
Wow .. I didn't know they won more derbies than us in Serie A !! I thought it was the opposite.

It's only a difference of 4. We'll catch up soon.
arivanjj
yeah and last year didn't help.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 15 2007, 10:06 PM)
Extreme hatred??

I've learned to live with it... it's not more grave than the rivalry of Madrid and Barcelona, or Liverpool and United... that's just the way things are...

What is it exactly that you want to know?

Well it certainly ain't friendly rivalry when one of the keepers get pelted with moltovs!

Yes I know it wasn't molotovs, but "flares"...I prefer molotov.
dst
That's true... I was just trying to say there are other cases that are equally severe... and sadly enough, we are all used to it!
Rossoneri7
It all started with them being losers and us being the victors biggrin.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 16 2007, 04:18 PM)
It all started with them being losers and us being the victors  biggrin.gif

And so it has been ever since, eh? cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
Well if I remember correctly, it's kinda opposite to what I_Ross said. I thought Inter wanted more international players in their side. Hence the name Internazionale. They broke off in 1908.

Also Inter were mostly(then) rightwing, while Milan were predominantly the people's club, being left wing in their political leaning.

Then of course you had all the battles between the ultras. Though to be fair the only worthwhile contest would be between the FDL and the zebras.

Times have changed a lot since then, in fact if anything it's Milan who are more rightwing in nature(their management etc.), but the rivalry still remains.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 16 2007, 09:46 PM)
Well if I remember correctly, it's kinda opposite to what I_Ross said. I thought Inter wanted more international players in their side. Hence the name Internazionale. They broke off in 1908.

Also Inter were mostly(then) rightwing, while Milan were predominantly the people's club, being left wing in their political leaning.

Then of course you had all the battles between the ultras. Though to be fair the only worthwhile contest would be between the FDL and the zebras.

Times have changed a lot since then, in fact if anything it's Milan who are more rightwing in nature(their management etc.), but the rivalry still remains.

You are right. And the whole right wing left wing situation is currently like this:

Berlusconi and co. = right wing ------- Milan fans = mostly left wing

Moratti and co. = left wing -------- Inter fans = mostly right wing

It's all bs anyways.
misha
It's the eternal battle between good and evil. Milan = good, Inter = bad wink.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 17 2007, 01:03 PM)
It's the eternal battle between good and evil. Milan = good, Inter = bad  wink.gif

Again, it's twisted because Milan are known as the devils and Inter think they are from the seventh heaven...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.