Full Version: 07/10/07 - Serie A - S.S.Lazio vs. AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Fillipo Simone
Serie A 2007/08 - Week 7

Lazio vs. Milan

Sunday, October 7th, 2007

19:30 (UK); 20:30 (IT)

I really do look forward on this one. It's the first real match in Serie A after Fiorentina...

kurtsimonw
Hardest game of the season so far, one of the toughest opponents we'll face, away from home too.

I'm going to go 1-1 on this one.
Rossoneri7
A win for Milan king.gif

my money is on a 1-3 away win for devil.gif
arivanjj
big game.. more motivation from players.. an exciting win!
MizNelson
Shouldn't we at least wait till tomorrow's match is a done deal first?
Zed.D
Milan will lose two or three points. that means no win!
Fillipo Simone
After the Catania match, this could be Ancelotti's last match as our coach!!
mishie
1-1, a Lazio team now coming into some sort of form but they will be hard to beat.
But if we get on our game we could sneak this
forza Milan!
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2007, 06:39 PM)
After the Catania match, this could be Ancelotti's last match as our coach!!

Where did you hear this??
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 30 2007, 10:15 PM)

He's got a friend who goes by the name José...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 30 2007, 08:15 PM)

You think that our board would tolerate a 6 or 7 matches long row without winning? If we loose, Carlo is probably out I would say,..
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2007, 10:22 PM)
You think that our board would tolerate a 6 or 7 matches long row without winning? If we loose, Carlo is probably out I would say,..

For a minute there I thought u meant the board had an ultimatum
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2007, 01:22 PM)

No way. Maybe after 10 more matches. Not yet though.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2007, 10:22 PM)

It happened last year too...
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2007, 07:22 PM)

Last year it was worse, so I can't see how they would release him now.

But if they really are thinking of letting him go maybe now is the perfect time, I mean there is one, the special one, out there without a job and hinting at going to Italy on his next 'adventure' I personally wouldn't want to see him going to Inter or Juve. Better snatch him up now and maybe his arrogant ways will help the club seeing as Carlo doesn't have it in him to ask the board for what HE wants
mishie
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 30 2007, 07:31 PM)
Last year it was worse, so I can't see how they would release him now.

But if they really are thinking of letting him go maybe now is the perfect time, I mean there is one, the special one, out there without a job and hinting at going to Italy on his next 'adventure' I personally wouldn't want to see him going to Inter or Juve. Better snatch him up now and maybe his arrogant ways will help the club seeing as Carlo doesn't have it in him to ask the board for what HE wants

i don't think the board would want him, not because of his managing ability just because of his attitude i don't think he comes across in the Milan way (if you know what i mean)
Carlo has a special relationship with the board and they will give him every chance to turn things around and after all Carlo is paying for the boards mistakes at the minute not his own!
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 30 2007, 07:34 PM)
i don't think the board would want him, not because of his managing ability just because of his attitude i don't think he comes across in the Milan way (if you know what i mean)
Carlo has a special relationship with the board and they will give him every chance to turn things around and after all Carlo is paying for the boards mistakes at the minute not his own!

He has a special relathionship with them because he lies down and takes whatever they give him without complaint.

He won't go to the media and complain and fight with this coach and that coach, he will keep quite. And I'm afraid that with the mentality our board still has I'm afraid they need someone like Mourinho who will give them that push and isn't afraid to do it and his arrogance won't let him back down.

Look at Chelsea, he didn't back down and stay for Ambramovic's demands he just left no questions asked, look who came out looking better, he takes his money because of his contract clause and leaves that club as one of the most sought after coaches in the world. Chelsea on the other hand are left in shambles with half of their star players threatening to leave.
mishie
i understand what your saying han, but you name me 1 outspoken Milan coach, the board don't want or like that sort of attitude. Capello was responsibly stubborn and hard to work with but never outspoken, just my opinion wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 30 2007, 10:41 PM)
He has a special relathionship with them because he lies down and takes whatever they give him without complaint.

He won't go to the media and complain and fight with this coach and that coach, he will keep quite. And I'm afraid that with the mentality our board still has I'm afraid they need someone like Mourinho who will give them that push and isn't afraid to do it and his arrogance won't let him back down.

Look at Chelsea, he didn't back down and stay for Ambramovic's demands he just left no questions asked, look who came out looking better, he takes his money because of his contract clause and leaves that club as one of the most sought after coaches in the world. Chelsea on the other hand are left in shambles with half of their star players threatening to leave.

For what it is worth, I am a Carlo fan !

And I don't want anyone other than him at the Milan bench. He has an amazing relationship with the players and no rift has ever come out between him and his players. He is a modest man and has brought us fans several trophies king.gif

Mourinho ? He is a great manager, but what would give u the idea that any of Berlusconi or Galliani would hire him rolleyes.gif I think he is heading to Juve if you ask me wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 30 2007, 07:44 PM)
i understand what your saying han, but you name me 1 outspoken Milan coach, the board don't want or like that sort of attitude. Capello was responsibly stubborn and hard to work with but never outspoken, just my opinion wink.gif

But maybe we need that sort of manager now that we've gotten to this point. Capello might not have been outspoken but he got what he wanted from Berlusconi which was always the best. And that's far more then Carlo has gotten in recent years.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 30 2007, 07:45 PM)
For what it is worth, I am a Carlo fan !

And I don't want anyone other than him at the Milan bench. He has an amazing relationship with the players and no rift has ever come out between him and his players. He is a modest man and has brought us fans several trophies  king.gif

Mourinho ? He is a great manager, but what would give u the idea that any of Berlusconi or Galliani would hire him rolleyes.gif I think he is heading to Juve if you ask me wink.gif

And board would snap up Mourinho if they had the chance, let's face it, he gaurantees you to pieces of silverware each season. And him going to Juve would be a disaster, we need a coach who is able to motivate his team for an entire season which means motivating them against the likes of Catania and Siena and Mourinho is the man for the job, We haven't done anything note worthy in the league for more then 3 years, for a club like Milan that is bad. I personally want nothing more then the scudetto atm.

And don't get me wrong I'm a big Carlo fan as well, but I think it's time for change.
Rossoneri7
@han .. He is a great manager whether he guarantees u trophies or not wink.gif

But personally, I don't see him as a Milan coach. The board 'might' opt for him at any point (let that be within the next 5 yrs), but as of now, I don't see anyone replacing Carlo.

After all, he has just won the CL ... And we know how Milan treat their peeps biggrin.gif
redbabies
I really can't imagine how Carlo and Milan will ever get seperated.

Galliani and Carlo are very much connected, such that once Galliani said: "When Carlo leaves, I'll go with him" (I know he is not the most honest person tongue.gif though....)

But still, it would need a very bad season at all in order for Carlo to go, he'll never go just coz of 5-10 bad matches.
Fillipo Simone
I also cannot see Mourinho at any time at Milan,..the possibility of Capello returning for his third time is bigger then that of bringing Jose. We will be searching for a Milan player if Carlo (ever) leaves. That would be maybe Cesare Maldini for 2 matches, then Billy, Tassotti, Rijkaard,...plenty of possibilities (IMO not good possibilities, but I suppose they are realistic).
whoarethepatriots
Carlo are you reading?

I say employ an all out attack tactic, defence goes out the window, if we keep on pressuring we can hopefully outscore the opposition
Zed.D
I hope we lose this game as well, because only another disappointing result would make our board think about what they have done to our beloved team.
kurtsimonw
I'm changing my 1-1 to a 2-1 loss.

As usual, we'll take the lead, we play well and finally think things may have turned round for us. Dida will let in a stupid goal, we'll back off and they'll eventually get their second.
dst
I think it will be a 3-1... Kaka from the penalty spot!
arivanjj
i can't say that we will win this match... my mind just won't let me write it

oh and Carlo has got presidente power behind him so i don't think he'll be leaving any time soon.
Ry4n
1- 0 Seedorf goal
Fillipo Simone
We need to win,..that's the only sure thing,..
Fillipo Simone
A Croatian newspaper reported:

UOČI derbija Lazija i Milana, predsjednik rimskog kluba Claudio Lotita podgrijao je atmosferu izjavom kako postoji mogućnost povratka Alessandra Neste u Lazio.

Međutim, Milanov stoper kategorički je odbacio tvrdnju Lazijeva predsjednika. "Bolje mu je da Å¡uti. Karijeru ću zavrÅ¡iti u Milanu. Kad sam se mogao vratiti u Lazio, onda je izjavio da ne treba igrača koji svako malo zakuha situaciju pred vlastitim golom", ljutito je odgovorio Nesta.

"Imam puno lijepih sjećanja iz Lazija, ali nemam se namjeru vraćati. Nije to viÅ¡e onaj Lazio iz vremena dok sam ja za njega igrao. Ova momčad nema toliko zvijezda, ali neće nam biti lako. Manjak kvalitete nadoknađuju momčadskom igrom, cijela momčad puno trči i svi se jednako bore", dodao je Nesta.

It says that Lazio president Lotito mentioned a possible Nesta comeback in the Lazio shirt. However, Alessandro denied the whole thing. He said that "Lotito should better keep his mouth closed". Also Nesta told that when there was a chance for his comeback Lotito stated that he does not need a player who every now and then makes trouble for the backline.

I don't really know how reliable this source is, but if it's true Lotito is a idiot,..
Tennie
It was in the Italian press this morning, so probably it's an accurate story.
Ry4n
heres some match facts from Sky Sports , Lazio have the same record in Serie A as us this season. Weve won 1 so have they weve drawn 4 so have they , best way to end this bad run of games a away win at the Olimpico even if its 1 - 0 hope we win

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_fa...2874011,00.html
whoarethepatriots
WHY OH WHY DONT WE GIVE FIORI A CHANCE?

WHAT OTHER OPTIONS DO WE HAVE LEFT? KALAC? NO!

Sorry for being overly dramatic
Fillipo Simone
Why? Cause the guy didn't play for 7 years in an important match,...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 5 2007, 04:57 PM)
Why? Cause the guy didn't play for 7 years in an important match,...

It doesn't matter.

I would personally rather have you playing in goal, I don't know how good you are, but anything's better than Dida.
armiss
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 4 2007, 07:21 PM)
A Croatian newspaper reported:
It says that Lazio president Lotito mentioned a possible Nesta comeback in the Lazio shirt. However, Alessandro denied the whole thing. He said that "Lotito should better keep his mouth closed". Also Nesta told that when there was a chance for his comeback Lotito stated that he does not need a player who every now and then makes trouble for the backline.

I don't really know how reliable this source is, but if it's true Lotito is a idiot,..

they are lazio , do you remember when we were looking for oddo in january ? they made a fuss over nothing and after a draw with milan they gave oddo . this is the same story , there is also one important similarity to that time : Milan in trouble , so now they try again , they want to confuse our players from their main motives . Ooooooooooooooooooooo little Lotito
Zed.D
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Oct 5 2007, 07:59 PM)
WHY OH WHY DONT WE GIVE FIORI A CHANCE?

WHAT OTHER OPTIONS DO WE HAVE LEFT? KALAC? NO!

Sorry for being overly dramatic

Why? because we have a stubborn coach named Carlo Ancelotti! how in the hell he thinks Kalac is better than Fiori?...

Sometimes I just want to forget about all he's done for us and open my mouth, use my desired language for describing him, really! rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 5 2007, 06:49 PM)
It doesn't matter.

I would personally rather have you playing in goal, I don't know how good you are, but anything's better than Dida.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ..I'll suggest myself to Carlo as soon as possible,.. laugh.gif

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 5 2007, 11:03 PM)
Why? because we have a stubborn coach named Carlo Ancelotti! how in the hell he thinks Kalac is better than Fiori?...

Well how the hell do you know Fiori is better then Kalac?? I did not see him play in an official match for Milan,...even once. Maybe he is better then Buffon. And then again maybe he is even worse then Kalac,..
Bluesummers
milan please win please milan please win
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 5 2007, 06:47 PM)
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif ..I'll suggest myself to Carlo as soon as possible,.. laugh.gif
Well how the hell do you know Fiori is better then Kalac?? I did not see him play in an official match for Milan,...even once. Maybe he is better then Buffon. And then again maybe he is even worse then Kalac,..

I have seen him play 5 times now and he is AMAZING. And I'm not kidding. I also saw him in real life when I went to see Milan play Chicago Fire a couple years ago. He made world class saves. As I have said before, it's a mystery to me why he doesn't play for us more often.
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 6 2007, 01:03 AM)

Fiori!?!?!?!?!? That man is a joke!!! Come on now... what are you talking about??

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 6 2007, 07:41 AM)
As I have said before, it's a mystery to me why he doesn't play for us more often.

There's no mystery Max! Fiori had amazing potential but he could never realize it!! He does not have the balls... ever since I first heard his name (about 15 years ago) I haven't seen a match of him where he did not make a couple of HUGE mistakes!! He may be good in friendlies or practice sessions but he could never handle the pressure of a real match...
Tennie
From acmilan.com.

Call ups:

PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac, Fiori
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Nesta, Oddo, Simic
CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf
ATTACCANTI: Kakà, Aubameyang, Inzaghi, Gilardino

Quote from Carletto: "Marek ha preso una botta al ginocchio e al momento è indisponibile. Purtroppo dopo la sfida con il Celtic abbiamo avuto qualche problema fisico. Valuteremo fino all'ultimo anche la condizione di Seedorf e Pirlo. Ambrosini oggi non ha lavorato, ma solo per un raffreddore. Kakà invece sta bene"

[Marek took a knock to the knee and at the moment is not available. We took some injuries during the Celtic game. Seedorf and Pirlo will have late fitness tests. Ambrosini didn't train today as a precaution. Kaka is fine.]

Also, in the press conference, he didn't want to say who'd play when asked.
Fillipo Simone
Obviously Favalli will play,.. sad.gif
dst
Yet another bad result on the horizon...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 6 2007, 02:02 PM)
Yet another bad result on the horizon...

I hope not,..this is a "big" match, we should win really,..Lazio are in the same mess as we, even worse,..
Tennie
One thing which may be in our favour is that we'll be fielding two (and possibly three if Favalli plays) former Lazio captains.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 6 2007, 04:35 PM)
I hope not,..this is a "big" match, we should win really,..Lazio are in the same mess as we, even worse,..

big match... that's what I thought before the CL much too, "it's CL... we'll be better this time"... I'm not expecting anything great but I'll be rooting for it!

And Lazio are certainly not in the same mess... they were not going to win the scudetto in the first place!

Will Rocchi play??
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 6 2007, 05:07 PM)
One thing which may be in our favour is that we'll be fielding two (and possibly three if Favalli plays) former Lazio captains.

Nice point! rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
I'm sticking with my 2-1 loss prediction. That way I'll see a draw as a very good result, and a win as amazing!

I see Dida has been called up, he's recovered from his injury very quickly.

We do have quite a for former Lazio players indeed, I suppose that can only help us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.